Abhostel Reviews

Kattenberg 110, Antwerp, Belgium

Great hostel! Comfortable beds, cool atmosphere, nice common area and kitchen. Greg and Bridget were lovely and very helpful when I had any questions. Super clean as well thanks to Franzi!

Amazing hostel!! Great atmosphere and quirky/cool common space. The singl only problem for me was the beds squeaked- a solvable problem I'm sure.

Great place. And we met some great people too. Abhostel would definitely be my first choice of hostel if i come back to Antwerp!

a bit of a walk to things, you need to get the trams which are easy to catch. or walk about an hour to get into the main area. staff were friendly and helpful, kitchen and outdoor area facilities were great.

Great place! Great people!

• 13th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

I was here for 2 nights I had an amazing time. The couple who owned the hostel were great and the temporary staff (backpackers/travelers) were wonderful. We had a great time with the people in the hostel and I felt welcome instantly. I will be back here someday.

• 12th Jun 2015

Really amazing atmosphere!! Not only did the owner wait for us to personally say hi, but also she gave us plenty of tips about nice places. She's an awesome, warm and hospitable person who runs this place, because she's got a backpacker soul and wants to meet new people and make them feel at home. And later on her husband explained to us the secrets of Belgian beer :). As far as the location is concerned, the hostel is not in the centre, but there are several nice places around where locals go.

Abhostel is the best hostel I've ever stayed at. It was like a home away from home for me and I had the best time there. Very clean and comfortable - the best way to spend a sunny afternoon is in a hammock outside on the terrace with a beer from their beer vending machine to hand. What are you waiting for? Greg and Bridget will welcome you and show you the best places to visit in the fab city of Antwerp.

• 11th Jun 2015

This place is now on my top ten list of best hostels ever. My only complaint is that I couldn't stay longer :-)

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. I would highly recommend it. Atmosphere really great and all the staff are nice

Really great atmosphere and friendly people. I don't reccomend the location of the hostel if your main aim in antwerp is to sightsee, as although the hostel isn't too far away from the central, but is in a residential area and there are hostels in a more centralised location. But the bars and restaurants in the area are amazing. Breakfast is perfect for what you pay, good sized rooms, lockers with keys in rooms. Showers are nice, but are not private to rooms so be prepared to walk to them.

• 5th Jun 2015

the place is really nice and home like and the welcoming feeling that you get and the info as a tourist is incredible.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Israel

A very quaint hostel with a brilliant friendly vibe and atmosphere. Very easy to meet other travelers due to the cosy kitchen - happy hour is a must. The location admittedly is a bit out of the way, but you can catch a tram easily or just go exploring other neighbourhoods and walk everywhere. I really liked the games in the common room and breakfast area.

Wow. Great hostel filled with great, friendly, helpful people. Amazing place to meet new people to explore the city with, perfect for anyone travelling alone. It's located just out of the city centre but still a short and pleasant walk to everywhere in the city!

This is how a hostel should be like. The atmosphere is very familiar and from the moment you come in you feel like you are staying with a lot of friends who you just haven't met yet. If I'm in Belgium this will always be my spot to go for.

The feel of this place is unlike anything I've experienced. It's a cozy living-room-with-a-bar place, in a relaxed and social environment that makes it easy for people to talk. The staff are engaging and fantastic. The location is a short transit away from main stations, a minor inconvenience, but the directions are easy to follow and you'll be there in a few minutes. I was very much hoping to relax in the hammocks outside but the weather didn't agree. Would definitely go again when in Antwerp.

This hostel has everything, from a washer/dryer (costs €5) to a 6-9 happy hour. I honestly couldn't be happier with my stay here. If you find yourself in Antwerp, Abhostel is the place to stay!

Like the trusting environment in the hostel. Eggs in the morning to eat as you please was a refreshing bonus. A bit of a walk from the main station but you get used to it soon.

Greg & Bridget are so so lovely and helpful! The hostel is about a 20 minute walk from the main tourist area, but is quiet and safe.

Everyone at this hostel was so warm, welcoming, and accommodating! A very homey feel throughout. People really use the common area which helps add to the atmosphere. I had a great time and suggest it to anyone! The location is in a more alternative part of town and is about a 15 min walk from central station, but you can get from one end of the town to the other in 30 min so it was a fine location overall.

• 15th May 2015