Abhostel Reviews

Kattenberg 110, Antwerp, Belgium

Best hostel I stayed in throughout Europe! Truly amazing staff, which facilitated the great atmosphere of the place. Great place to meet other travellers, especially if travelling alone. Highly recommend this hostel to anyone travelling through Antwerp.

• 6th Jul 2014

Truly amazing guest :) guest like you help to creat the great atmosphere! Xb

This was by far the best Hostel experience I have ever had. The hostel is located in a converted chocolate factory. The common room and kitchen are large. Washer and dryer available for a small fee. The best part of this hostel is the atmosphere. The owners are incredibly nice, and passionate about their city. Ask them anything! They know the best bars, restaurants, and things to see. I am thinking about going back to Antwerp just to stay here again.

Welcome back! Looking forward to drink a beer with you!! Xb

Lovely family run hostel with a great community and atmosphere, would definitely recommend. We went interrailing around Europe and this was the best hostel we stayed in.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Woooow, we re happy we were the best hostel! Xb

Loved my stay at abhostel

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

Loved you staying here! Xb

Lovely hostel, the owners are extremely warm and friendly. They were extremely helpful with giving info about the city. The atmosphere and vibe is awesome in the hostel.great place to meet other fellow travellers.

Thank you for being so nice!! That s our main goal , helping our guests and creating a nice vibe to meet other travellers! Xb

Awesome family run place! Staff were amazing, very helpful with anything you wanted. Great common room and kitchen! THE place to stay in Antwerp!!

Happy we could help you!! Happy you found our place THE place !! Xb

Great family run hostel! Attracts a good crowd, had a great stay there. The staff were fantastic. Kitchen was great. Atmosphere was tops. Location - about 10mins walk from the train station with plenty of bars & even a couple of clubs on the same street as the hostel. Roof top terrace is cool. One thing to note: they have an awesome beer vending machine in the hostel - bring plenty of change!

Thanks! A good crowd, that s how we like it :) Happy you had a great stay!! Xb

Are you going to Antwerpen? Stay in this great hostel, both Bridget and Greg will give you a warm welcome and inmediatedly you'll feel like if you were at home. The hostel is located to 15 minutes from the central station and there's a tram stop nearby, as well as supermarkets, shops and cafeterías. The hostel is very clean, there are lockers to use and a big kitchen Breakfast is included so don't hesitate to taste the delicious speculoos pasta.

Great hostel in a very nice part of Antwerpen. Staff is super friendly and helpful, and recommended us a lot of nice cafés and bars in the area. I will be sure to come back for my next trip to belgium

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Not in the best location, but the owners were incredibly nice and helpful the whole time, and greeted me with a rundown of all the best things to do in Antwerp. It took me a full 24 hours to see another guest, but that was due to the day of the week rather than the hostel itself I think. They were really good about me arriving outside of check in time.

A small family style hostel. It's not in downtown, but with direct tram connection. The place is nice and quite, with wifi covering the entire house (not just the common area!). I definitely enjoyed my staying there. Also, if you're in town on Saturday, check out the market downtown. The local food there is amazing!

The hostel is very spacious, which is great, except it was pretty empty while there. The neighborhood is rundown looking, but it didn't feel unsafe. It's quite far to walk to anything of interest. The hostel itself is very nice.

Best hostel I've been in. Met lovely people from all over the world and had the time of my life. Breakfast's great and so is the dorm.

Abhostel was everything (and more) that it promised to be. A homey atmosphere for young travellers, the layout of the hostel totally promoted socializing between all the guests. In my stay I think I met everyone who was staying there. The kitchen area is great for preparing meals and offering a nice do it yourself breakfast. The decor is unique as well. I can't say enough good things about Abhostel. Greg and Bridget you're doing everything right!

Best hostel i've ever stayed in. These guys just built a hostel that's exactly what they'd want to arrive in to after a day of traveling. When i stayed there was a great friendly atmosphere, like a big family. I really can't recommend it highly enough. Worst thing about the whole place is that the bell in the Halli Galli set doesn't actually 'ding'. You have to juat say 'ding' yourself

Bridget and Greg wanted to make a hostel that would provide things they wished they had when backpacking. The hostel does an amazing job at fulfilling that wish. The bedrooms are good, the temperature control is shockingly good, and most amazing of all, there are raw eggs for cooking provided! I'd gotten real tired of hard boiled eggs at hostels. It's in an old chocolate factory, there's both a kitchen and a terrace for hanging out. The street its on is not really nice, but it's not dangerous.

I really enjoyed my stay here! Greg makes you feel like part of the family and is very helpful for whatever your interested in doing. Great place with everything you need and easy to meet others in the hostel. If I return to Antwerp I'm definitely staying here again. Thanks!

It was an amazing place to stay. It is right next to the tram so easily accessible. The staff is super nice and the WiFi is great. The terrace is really nice and the place is quite big.

A bit cozy and out of the way, but Greg makes Abhostel feel like home. They are really helpful and knowledgeable about the bars, restaurants, and sights in the city. Plus, the lounge area is a great place to meet people and be entertained.

• 26th May 2014

Quite far away from the city center in a very quiet neighbourhood lies Abhostel. Once you enter it's a very nice, clean and friendly environement. The owner, Gert, is a friendly Belgian who knows a lot about the city, places to see and especially bars. They're not really fond of bigger groups (since it's not a party hostel). Clean, big rooms with locks on the door and free lockers. Breakfast is ok. Lots of games and books. When checking out you have to immediately leave the hostel as well.

• 23rd May 2014