Abhostel Reviews

Kattenberg 110, Antwerp, Belgium

This place really is something special. Very clean, SUPER helpful staff and a great location! The breakfast is miles ahead of other places we've been. The common room and kitchen were great too. The only thing I can complain about is the shower temperature, but it's not as if it was freezing or even uncomfortable. Would definitely recommend this place to friends! They really treat you like family! Thanks Greg and Bridget, we will see you again!

a very good hostel

i couldn't stay in better place. thans guys

Thank you!!! Xb

I wasn't in love with the immediate area, but thought the hostel was creatively run and a great place. I felt very welcome and was given a good tour on arrival. The facilities on offer are good (& I love the idea of eco-showers, though in reality the water wasn't hot enough - it feels just about warm enough on your hand/body, but perhaps suited to more hardy travellers for full-on hair-washing!). I loved the little notes everywhere and slogans on the walls. Clean, friendly place & lovely staff.

Was a cool place to meet other travelers and I met a few great ones, but I'm interested in meeting locals and their culture...was a bit out of the main areas but I needed to lose weight so that was a forced bonus...get to the showers early as the "hot" water runs out quickly..breakfast was excellent as they had eggs!! So many hostels are just meat cheese and bread...antwerp was a cool city than I discovered only cuz I wanted to see where the beginning of Snatch was filmed in the diamond district

That s our goal, a cool place where you can meet fellow travellers! Happy we succeed:) to meet locals, we re at the best spot, but you need to leave the hostel ;) our showers,... We try to keep them as eco friendly as possible but certainly as guest friendly as possible, without push buttons. It s hardly impossible we run out of hot water, so please give us some feed back!! Happy you found our breakfast exellent. I wish I could lose weight by just walking 1km to the diamond district :) xb

Really cool hostel and very friendly. Great common area and kitchen for socialising and meeting new people or cooking. Thanks for a great stay :)

Thank you for helping to create such a great atmosphere! Xb

The best hostel experience in my life so far. It's a very friendly and youthful place, I would go back anytime.

• 4th May 2014
  • Hungary

Geen Nederlands ;) dankuuuuuu! We hopen je snel terug te zien! Xb

Such an awesome place. the set up was great, everything was super clean and the owners really helpful. not sure why reviews say location isnt great, we loved in. in a cute neighborhood and only 2 tram stops from central station. overall great value for money. Thanks for having us :) Mel and Eliza x

• 4th May 2014

We also love our neighbourhood! Happy you do too :) thanks for staying at our place!! Xb

this is a great hostel with nice atmosphere! helpful and welcoming staff. the location is good, too, just 2 stops away travelling by tram, easy to find. I just do not like that eco-friendly shower, but I would still recommend this hostel if your travel to Antewerp.

Happy you found our place great and easy to find! We also loved the nice atmosphere. We try to be eco friendly as much as without giving up.on comfort (no pushbuttons, no cold water, no waterlimit,...) It would be great if you could explain us what you did not like. Thanks for recommending us !!! Xb

The hostel was a little difficult to find and not clearly sign posted. The rooftop area was good and they had large common area to interact with fellow travellers. The hostel is not in the nicest part of town. The owners are very welcoming, but are quite strict when it comes to what time you need to check out.

BEST HOSTEL EVERRRR ! Funky neighborhood with best local pubs and restos and great locals ;-). Rooftop area ! Beermachine ! Really big kitchen with herbs, FREE coffee, tea, water, WiFi, breakfast (huge choice) DVDs, boardgames,... laundry service ! Showers without pushbuttons ! hairdryer ! Only 2 tramstops or 10 min walk from Central Station, touristy part. But this is definitely THE BEST PART of Antwerp for backpackers. Thanks B & G, love you and abhostel, the best !!

• 27th Apr 2014

Love ya :) xb

The location is ok, about 15 minutes walk from the railway station. And the stuff is very friendly, spent 20 minutes telling us the history and tourists sites about this city. But the double room is really average, it was a kitchen before. And the smell is a bit weird. Since there's a 12 people dorm next to the room, it's not very quiet in the night. But there're also some other double rooms which are a bit better, trust me you don't wanna live in the "vintage kitchen".

Trust me, a lot of people ask for the vintage kitchen twin! Because they like the quirky atmosphere in our old converted chocolate factory. Plus the new futton beds with extra comfortable matrasses, the bedside lamps and sockets in a bright room close to roof top terrace and toilet. But at least you honnest about the location and us :)) xb

Was nice, but they charge you 2 euros per person (?) for late check-in and I can't see why! It's quite annoying.

Happy you had a nice stay! We will explain you again why we ask a small fee for late check,in! Due to,hour limited check in hours we re able to keep our price as low as possible. And give a lot of FREE extra s! Wifi everywhere, drinks, food, dvd s,... Most of our travellers are able to check in before 8pm. We don t want to hire extra staff, raise our prices. That s why we charge a small fee for this extra service. As explained BEFORE booking. But still happy it was nice! Xb

The place is very clean, everything is nice, beds are ok. It is in good location, not far from station nor center. Good kitchen. Very silent neighborhood, you will probably have a good night sleep. Greg and Bridget are very friendly, the only thing I think, miss some music to make better atmosphere. But still I recommend.

Grazie mille! We now have laundry facilities and when you come back, we hope we will have music evrywhere! We re always trying to improve :) xb

Wonderful hostel - clean, comfortable, with lovely staff and free breakfast. Everyone was incredibly nice to us and the whole place has a great vibe. It's a little bit away from the centre of Antwerp but instead we got to know a great neighbourhood that we probably wouldn't have discovered otherwise. Their roof top terrace was amazing as well! I'd recommend this hostel to anyone.

Tack, tack, tack! We do,the best we can to,be lovely, clean, comfortable and give as much as possible for free! Great you took the effort to,discover our great neighbourhood and enjoyed the roof top terrace. The great vibe that s because of you and our other great guests :) Tack! Xb

This hostel was wonderful - a bit hard to find, but the inside was clean and conducive to making friends and entertaining oneself, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here.

• 9th Apr 2014

We re so happy your enjoyed your time with us!! Xb

Abhostel was great, and set the bar far too high for all my other hostels to meet! It was like staying in someone's home, without it feeling like they were looming over you. The atmosphere was great and super friendly and really helped everyone feel at ease enough to make friends and hang out happily. The only downside was there was no hot water in the showers, which was a real shame, but considering that was all, I'd give it a solid 9/10.

Thank you soooo much for enjoying our hostel the way we designed it for :) we adjusted the the temperature, so we hope to welcome you soon :) Xb

I really enjoyed staying at the Abhostel, it was everything you could wish for in accomodation for the young and traveling. The way the hostel is designed allowed us to make heaps of new friends and I definitely felt safe, relaxed and comfortable the whole time. Would definietly go back!

• 7th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

A free breakfast that includes eggs!! This hostel is fun by the sweetest married couple I've ever met. The amazing decor and funky vintage vibe makes this a place for an artistic traveler. You can pick up the guitar, watch a movie, or draw in the HUGE common room. There's an amazing terrace for sun bathing and a vending machine full of cold beer. We played drinking games downstairs until late into the evening. No strict stupid rules here. Just an amazing hostel. It's the best part of Antwerp

We love artistic travellers, travellers who understand our concept :) we love you! Enjoy the rest of your travels! ( we re sure you will !!! ) xb

You are like a family!!!! It's a little bit cold and the shower's water too,but the rest of things were very confortable.thank you!!!

• 27th Mar 2014