Abhostel Reviews

Kattenberg 110, Antwerp, Belgium

Very nice housekeeper, nice place, with breakfast included (eggs, breads, jam, butter, coffee & tea, nutella...) Not sure we understood the use of the locker we used to keep our luggages the last day when we left the Abhostel... But it would be great if it was (also) available for the last day so people can leave their room and enjoy their day in the city and then come back to take their stuff before leaving the city... Anyways, very good advices on the good spots, very nice place...

Nice hostel,really cleaned sphe wc and the shower.The atmosphere is a bit to calm and quite for a youth hostel. The location is the worst thing.Situated in a really bad quartier full of strange people and the street is a sort of banlieu,specially in the evining is dangerous going out alone.To arrive in the Grote Markt you need 35 minutes by walk or 10 by bus.

The staff was really nice and I liked the stay in Antwerp. Keep on being as you are!

• 25th Oct 2013

The staff came to check us in after the check in time.

• 21st Oct 2013
  • Slovenia

Really great stay in Antwerpen. Greg was very helpful with his guide to the city. The hostel is so cute aesthetically and we thought it was worth the money. They were also stocked with speculous. The only downside was at 11am on checkout you must be out, kinda sucks if your a backpacker and need time to linger before a train or whatever. But besides that really great!

The owners are really lovely and this is a nice place to stay. It is walking distance to the old town in a very multicultural area. The kitchen is great and there's lots of room to sit back and relax. It would be really good if there was a radio in the common area to improve the atmosphere and also a healthy option (museli or fruit) at breakfast. Would stay again!

Off the beaten track in the small city of Antwerp , lies this gem of a hostel owned by an adorable couple. They made our stay so enjoyable, especially after what we have seen at different hostels - this was the best by far! The location isn't that great but hop on the 10 tram and you are in the middle of town in less than 15 minutes. Clean showers/toiletries/beds, big open kitchen and living room and a the big map outlining the city in the main room.Thank you Bridgette

great hostel with a nice homey feel to it. definitely recommend if you're not wanting to break your bank

My stay at abhostel was great. It is a good place to begin spending time in Antwerp.

• 7th Oct 2013

My stay in this hostel was very nice. The guy at the reception qas very nice and gave me a lot of hints about the city, and also told me how to do the things I wanted. The breakfast was very good and the atmosphere was great, i met lots of nice people. It was a lovely weekend!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They give nice tips and useful information.

Great kitchen and common area. The host went out of his way to telling me about the city and things to do. Nice outdoor area on the second floor. No towels provided, so be sure to bring your own!

The host are not on place enough. Maybe they need and other employee.

Hi, hooe you re fine! We re not :( It was the first time we had an employee/student staying for free/ cleaning with us. And after a few days we had to let her go. Because we were not happy with her results and now we re not happy with the reviews during that time :( Unfortunally also your time. We re very sorry. We do the best we can and we regret you never talked to us or used our new intercom system.

Such a cozy unique feel in the hostel, i loved the personalized touches everywhere. Greg and Bridget were so helpful and friendly.

• 2nd Oct 2013

The group room is big and nice. The other guests are very communicative, even in the morning:). The owners are very nice and helpful. The breakfast should have a bigger selection. Toast, eggs and marmelade, peanut butter, etc. are great. But I missed cheese and butter. The toilets were unfortunately sometimes really dirty, even though cleaned frequently. Other guests... All in all: best hostel in town! Thanks for the good time!

this is the first hostel where i really met other travellers. it was a great experience.

We really enjoyed our stay at Abhostel. Really friendly and helpful hosts who made us feel at home. Quirky decor and amazing value for money. Will definitely stay again if we are back in Antwerpen.

Greg and Bridget were wonderful! They were very helpful with information about Antwerp and events going on at the time. Very secure, good breakfast, clean facilities. About 15 minutes walk to central station. It was on a residential street so very quiet at night but enough places to get food nearby.

Abhostel was hands down my favorite hostel that I've stayed at to date. Bridget and Greg are simply the best hosts, and they made me feel like family when I stayed there. In addition, the rooms had cool quirky decorations, the common area was great for hanging out, the kitchen was spacious and well-equipped, and the bathrooms had plenty of space. I would recommend Abhostel and Antwerp to any of my friends looking for the best Belgium experience possible.

The owners we nice. Breakfast was not as good as bragged about- it was rather disappointing. Way to many mosquitoes in the room at night-- the first night sucked because they were at least 50 mosquitoes trying to bite at you while you sleep and many succeeded!

We are nice ;) we gave you mussles to taste, next day a bowl of fresh vegetable soup,... We putted anti mosquito fences, bought anti mosquito plugs,... So if needed anything else, please ask us! Most of our guests are happy with our free breakfast (eggs, bread, cornflakes, marmelades, chocopastas, speculoospasta, free coffee tea, water, all day!) as you only pay 20 euro a night. We offer a lot for FREE. I am sorry for you, you could not appreciate all of this! Happy travels! I