Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Great location, clean rooms, updated bathroom, great breakfast! Would definitely stay here again,

The location is absolutely fantastic can walk everywhere on foot. The Quays Bar round the corner has the best live music I've ever had the pleasure to listen to! Price is good and you get breakfast included. Staff are not very inviting but I don't know if they were just really busy. Would highly recommend because of location and price. Dublin has stolen my heart.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Scotland

excellent location. Staff were friendly and helpful. Spacious open area for socializing. definitely stay here again!

Good hostel for the money, basic facilities but relatively clean and well maintained. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Area is great, right by the key and easy walking distance to all the bars in Dublin that you would want to visit. Cons: no cage under thw beds for lockup, shower was on the chilly side, atmosphere in hostel was meh, not a place to hangout much. But otherwise good hostel

This place was wonderful! The staff was plesant and helpful. The location is perfect and the rooms were clean. We had a great time in Dublin and got good rest at the Hostel. Although it was in a busy area, the noise was not bad and we slept very well. There were space heaters available when it got a little chilly and we were very comfortable. The front desk provided us with extra towels, an iron, and a blowdryer when we requested it (at no extra charge!). I would go back to Abigails anytime!

Had a great stay.facilities were clean. Great location Only hard thing as a solo traveller was meeting people as most people were travelling in groups Thanks

• 28th Apr 2015

Excellent value almost on Trinity College's doorstep - ideal place to use as a dorm while working at the Uni - STAFF VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL! Thanks!

The location, price and staff were great! It was in the middle of town and really close to everything and the staff were helpful with finding places around town and getting to the airport at 5am. One of the best hostels we have stayed at!

Gluten Free breakfast wasn't avaiable even after request by e-mail, in check in time and at the night before. Was quite desapointed understand that the hostel didn't have facilities to gluten free breakfast. Was bought a box of gluten free cereals in the breakfast time. Nothing more was prepared.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Portugal

Had the best few days here! me and 7 friends came to stay for a girls trip away! location was perfect for going out by temple bar and we were able to walk to locations for day trips such as the zoo and Guinness factory! The staff were amazing, always helpful and breakfast gave a variety of choice for everyone! Couldn't recommend this hostel more!!

• 23rd Apr 2015

Abigails has a great atmosphere, the rooms were clean. I really liked that they gave you the linen upon arrival so you know you're getting clean linen. Staff were great and helpful. I didn't want to leave. I'll definitely stay at Abigails next time I visit.

• Philippines

Overall good hostel, I do wish that there were common bathrooms in the halls. 12 girls using 1 shower is a recipe for disaster.

• 23rd Apr 2015

The best youth hostel in the center of Dublin. I been there many times and never disappoints! Abigails remains my personal benchmark for every weekend in the city. 10++++++

Very well located, comfortable hostel. Every bed has a board with USB and regular power outlets, plus a reading light. This was super convenient. I stayed in a 12 bed mixed and a 6 bed female only room and definitely preferred the latter. There's a decent array of food to choose from for the included breakfast and the common room is big and comfortable. Lockers in the rooms would be good, but they are available in the common room, albeit at a slightly high price.

I stayed for six nights in a 8-bed ensuite room. The room is big and bathroom is big and clean. The USB charger on the bed are excellent, but one of them in my room were not working. Internet access was poor because sometimes it does not work inside the room. Breakfast ok! I suggest some lockers inside the room. In general, my stay was very good!

• 22nd Apr 2015

I think there are not enough tables for breakfast; difficult to find a place to stay with children (I’m a family). Again for family, but also for a group, we have found a big taxi (till 8 people) at 23€ to go to the Dublin airport. Not indicated in reception, only bus at 6€/person more expensive and less easy with baggages. Otherwise all is perfect.

• 22nd Apr 2015

Great location, close to temple bar and quite at night. The breakfast was small but good and rooms were real clean. There was always someone at the front desk who kept an eye on people coming and going. Over all a nice hostel.

Great location. Most staff were friendly and helpful. The electrical outlets above the beds are very convenient.The included breakfast is decent. The lockers are only downstairs and are kind of expensive.

My stay at Abigail's Hostel was fair. For the price I paid, I did not have high expectations for the hostel. The beds came with a small shelf to place your personal belongings along with USB ports and a small light which was very nice. Breakfast was simple (cereal, toast, fruits, yogurt, coffee). The atmosphere was sub par during my stay; however, many of the people who were at the hostel were already in large groups so I didn't have much of a social time there. Overall, my stay was average.

• 20th Apr 2015

only spent there half a night, so couldn't really enjoy the atmosphere. my flight was very early in the morning, but there was a delay of the shuttle service so we had to take a taxi...fortunately we were 4 people, so the price was the sameas the shuttle. for the rest everything very good.

• 20th Apr 2015