Abigails Hostel

Fabulous 9601 Total Reviews
Fabulous 9601 Total Reviews

16th Aug 2017
8.0

Included breakfast is much appreciated. A little crammy as room but all good for one night

• Germany, Female, 18-24
15th Aug 2017

South of the Liffey, very close to Temple Bar and all Dublin attractions. Our room went out to the street so it was very loud but if you closed courtains and windows you could sleep well. Breakfast /toast, strawberry jam, 3 cereals, 2 yogurths, juice, tea/coffe, eggs) included, USB/outled phone charge possibilities on bed. Cages underneath bed not suitable for big backpacks. Only two stoves, peaople had to wait to cook; also kitchen closes at 9:30pm which I think is a bit early. Would come again

14th Aug 2017

The staff were very friendly and the location is great. I also recommend the walking tour and pub crawl!

14th Aug 2017
5.1

We arrived late after an 11pm flight, and I think this affected our experience. After our stay I looked again at reviews, and I saw that people had much better reviews during the day than at night. We didn't get to see that side. The person at the desk was unwelcoming and rude, when we asked simple questions. This is the first time I've experienced that in any hostel, and it set the tone for the night. There are other negative points, but that's the main one and all I can fit.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
13th Aug 2017

I had a great time in Dublin, thanks to the social atmosphere and location of this hostel. Staff were great in suggesting things to do in and around Dublin. Only negative would be that the pillows were awful and the beds were not the most comfortable. The on suite bathroom was nice, except when you had to wait for five other people to use it. Overall a great place to meet people and experience the city!!

12th Aug 2017

Abigails was in the best part of Dublin-right by Temple Bar. I met friendly people from all over the world. Staff was super attentive,helpful, and great...even made a friend or too. Clean- and well kept up. Great kitchen. Breakfast was not that great but passable. Shower excellent. Beds-hard mattresses and comfortable. Friendly bunkmates. Great ambiance. I would highly recommend this place for budget accomodation in Dublin- for location and meeting people.

• USA, Female, 41+
10th Aug 2017

The hostel itself was excellent: friendly staff, nice and clean, great kitchen and common area, central location, but.........it was so loud at night from noise on the street outside that it was nearly impossible to sleep! My advice is to go ahead and book a room there, but bring ear plugs and be ready to use them.

• michaelabhoward5447
  • England, Female, 25-30
10th Aug 2017

Perfect for a couple nights in Dublin. Bed was comfy and came with two plug points and USB ports. Cage under bed you could padlock your things in (padlocks can be bought for €4 in the vending machine if you forget to bring your own). Breakfast simple but tasty and perfect to set you up for the day. Staff super friendly and helpful! Would definitely stay again!

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
9th Aug 2017

The location is the big seller - I was able to walk everywhere during my stay without any public transport. It is a 30s walk into the temple bar area, 10 mins away from Trinity College, close to lots of bars e.t.c. I was impressed with the locker system - yes it costs but it was very reliable and ensured my valuables were safe! The staff were friendly and were happy to help with any queries. The room was exposed to a lot of the street noise purely because of its location. Bring ear plugs!

• England, Female, 25-30
8th Aug 2017

Fabulous family stay - booked a dorm as we have under 16s with us - great staff - good atmosphere throughout the hostel - the children were made very welcome - ideal location -2 min walk to temple bar - 6 min drive to kilmainham Jail (amazing tourist attraction) definitely would recommend & definitely would stay with them again !