Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Very nice clean friendly place will definetly stay again best in dublin by far will recommend it to anyone

• 29th Jan 2016

Very nice hostel at the perfect location! The only thing I'd like to comment is the bathroom. Our toilet didn't have a toilet lid and there were no hooks for eg. towels. And also, I might have spotted a silverfish ? Something silvery moving quickly. Other than this, the hostel was perfect for my time in Dublin. Would recommend.

• 27th Jan 2016
  • Finland

Wonderful stay, can't wait to visit again. Was very pleased with the security and location of the hostel!

I'm surprised I didn't catch anything from this place... like scabies or something. I wasn't exactly expecting a red carpet treatment but I was not impressed at all. The shower water was always cold and never warmed up. The bed sheets I was given had a ton of hair on it and didn't smell fresh. The breakfast was plain but somehow gave me the worst stomach ache of my life. If you're room faces the river, you get all the drunk street noise through your window at 3 a.m. I will not come here again

Excellent location, but rooms were quite run down. Rooms were extremely humid and difficult to sleep in. Ended up having to switch off all heating and leave the window open, even though it's winter. Upon arrival, the room was quite dirty, which you expect a little when staying in a dorm, but at no point during my stay were they cleaned. There was dirty used cotton buds on the floors, clumps of hair, and general trodden in dirt that remained in the same places the entire stay.

• 21st Jan 2016

Serves it's purpose. Amazing location. Staff very helpful!

Location was EXCELLENT! Most of the staff were very friendly and helpful... there was one of the night time staff who was not so friendly. The only negative I have really is that there was only one shower/toilet for the whole room of 10 people which was annoying if you needed the loo and someone was in the shower. Other than that I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and the walking tour and bar crawl were great!

• 20th Jan 2016

Nice hostel at a reasonable price given its location. Friendly staff. Breakfast included. There was sockets and a small lightbulb above each bed so you could enjoy the luxury of using your phone, Wi-Fi and sockets all at once which I think is a very clever idea! However there was no lockers in the room which kind of made me feel a bit uncomfortable but other than that the place looks great. I would definitely recommend staying here if you're looking for somewhere cheap/decent to stay in Dublin:)

This hostel was perfectly satisfactory -- what you'd picture when you think of a hostel. A regular collection of couches for the common room, a kitchen, clean rooms, etc. Nothing extraordinary, but a good location and no specific complaints.

Right on the bar, amazing place if you like night life great music and good drinks. Just far enough from the bar that it's not loud. The staff are amazingly helpful and know a lot about local tours and day trips. Hostel is nice and very clean, but no lockers in room and bad storage costs a few €. Next time I'm in Dublin I'll likely stay here again.

Generally was a good location and pretty average overall. Would not recommend staying in a room with a third party, as the other guy in the room was kind enough to start banging some girl he found right next to me. Also one of the members of reception was extremely rude

• 15th Jan 2016

The hostel was good but really big. It was an amazing location in downtown.

There are customers who are not there for fun or turism, perhaps to make money...i do not know..

Best location compared to other hostels in Dublin. The breakfast was decent and free. Staff are generally attentive but not engaging. Key cards are used so great security feature. Free lockers should be provided as well as better mattresses and pillows. This hostel is also big - and hosts large groups of students.

First of all, the location is perfect. But that's the only thing that is perfect in this hostel. De reception/dinner area is painted completely white and not that cosy, although there is a kitchen which is well equipped. The provided sheets were clean, but the mattress and blankets were full of unexplained dirty stains... The heating in the hostel is quite okay, and we were not cold. The shower was better than at home. Good for a weekend with male friends, not for romantic stay with girlfriend.

I only stayed for one night but would happily stay longer. Fantastic value for money. The bathroom wasn't the cleanest but I guess this depends on what time you arrive and who you are rooming with. Great lounge area, loads of room to make and eat breakfast. Plus the biggest advantage is you are right in the centre!

Top notch hostel with super friendly stuff, excellent location and spotless facilites. Would recommend it to everyone that visits Dublin!

The hostel is a factory- huge and very impersonal- dont be fool by it's name and branding.There is nothing done to get people together so not the best for a solo traveler. The room was clean enough but DIDNT have lockers- i was shocked then I realised that they have locker machines (which you need to pay for) in the lounge instead- first time in my life I have seen this and i've stayed in over 100 hostels. A couple of the staff were nice- the others were varying degrees of uninterested.

It was a great stay! They give you slips to prove you stay there but do now enforce them. Some of the staff was excellent but some of them were not friendly or helpful. The location is absolutely wonderful. Couldn't ask for a better location. Everything was very clean. Overall a great experience and will definitely stay here again!

• 8th Jan 2016

No free use computer No free locker

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7