Abigails Hostel

Fabulous 8988 Total Reviews
Fabulous 8988 Total Reviews

23rd Feb 2017

Well run hostel in spite of being busy. Central location. Friendly and helpful staff.

• jm09tu
  • Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
22nd Feb 2017
8.0

The staff were great and suggested all kinds of things to do. The best thing about this hostel is it's location!! 3 min walk to Temple bar. 25 min walk to Guinness. Took 10min to walk to from where bus dropped us off from DUB. Good atmosphere. Not so great- the shower is tiny. TINY. Shared a room of 6 with my friends took top bunk, ceiling covered in mould same with bathroom ceiling. Gross. Very very hot no AC had to sleep with window open noisy outside. But location and staff made it bearable.

22nd Feb 2017

Multiple bus stops right in front of the hostel, within walking distance of trinity college and the temple bar, very close to good food and nightlife, breakfast offerings are pretty good, super friendly staff

• England, Female, 18-24
18th Feb 2017
7.1

I was in an all-female dorm, but workers somehow reception let a middle-aged male into our dorm in the middle of the night, which led to a rude and confused awakening for all the women in the room. When I asked downstairs about it, a man working at the desk said that "if it was all-male, nobody would complain about a woman being let in." Just super unhelpful. We also had no hot shower, so cold each time. Otherwise, great location and good security. Free breakfast was a nice surprise.

18th Feb 2017
8.0

Excellent location, only there for a weekend break so perfect for a short stay. Most of the staff were nice enough. Good facilities and for Dublin it seems pretty cheap.

• Spain, Female, 25-30
16th Feb 2017
5.4

We have not really enjoyed this hostel. We were expecting more because of the reviews we saw before we went. The staff was not really kind and the room was very dirty. The toilets and showers were quite old and very very dirty. They gave us dirty sheets full of long hair...(they should check if they were clean before they gave them to us, it was quite disgusting). Full of people who were drunk and very noisy nights. The only good thing was the breakfast...

• Canada, Female, 25-30
16th Feb 2017

I had a great stay at Abigail's. Staff was friendly and helpful, the common area is relaxed and a great place to meet people. Location is close to everything. My bed was surprisingly comfortable although if you're over 5 foot8 your feet will hang off the end of the bed. My only issue was on my last night around 1am a man came into to stay in our all female room. I was ok with it but the other ladies were concerned and caused a lot of noise and woke everyone in the room. Regardless, I will return

14th Feb 2017

Great location, good and helpful staff, breakfast and all day coffee and tea. Rooms are nice and spacious. They also have reading lights, 2 usb slots to charge your devices without needing to use an outlet. Bathroom and showers are in the rooms too. Highly recommend and would definitely go back.

• Belgium, Male, 18-24
14th Feb 2017

The breakfast was good and appreciated. The hostel is conveniently located yet still I couldn't really complain about noise much. My one gripe however is the shower... It's a bath tub with a shower head which means there was a tap at my feet, and it was letting out a steady stream of cold water, no matter the temperature settings, and couldn't be turned off. The shower head itself was mounted at (for me) armpit height and pointed straight down. So that was my morning gymnastics :)

7th Feb 2017

Great location!!!!!!!! Great breakfast!!!!!! Close to everything and very safe! I would definitely stay there again!