Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

This was my first hostel experience and I absolutely loved it! The staff was helpful and the rooms were clean. Definitely staying there again real soon!

• 26th Feb 2015

I loved my stay here!! Having a lift was awesome especially as I was on the 4th floor with a massive suitcase Only fault is I was told the airport shuttle left from centre O'connel bridge, but is actually further down, I manag to find it after a while and had plenty of time still

Plus points: good location, easy to find, plenty of free breakfast available (yoghurt, cereal or toast). The staff were friendly. Each bunk has its own plug socket and reading light. Negative points: the mattresses and pillow were really uncomfortable - like thin slabs of foam! Also, there are NO LOCKERS (you can pay for a small private locker in the main communal room). To me, a free locker is an essential and basic part of buying a hostel room. Overall: 3/5.

Staff were very friendly and helpful! The included breakfast is a fantastic feature of the hostel! Enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to a friend.

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

The shower is amazing.

• 19th Feb 2015

Overall good hostel. Good Value. I slept in a 12 person dorm facing the street and on the weekends it got relatively loud. But for that price with breakfast can't complain.

If you like frozen shower in the morning, the room 19 is for you! I had a bad night because of 2 Spanish who came back around 1 am and discuss just next to me, and changed her clothes next to me unstead of the bathroom... The joyce of respecteful people...

Third time here great value for money. Right in the heart of the city

• 18th Feb 2015

you have to pay for lockers and they are beside the kitchen. busy spot! in the temple bar area which wasnt ideal for me but may be for others left my towel in the room after checking out and called about it before check out time. it was never found and I was the last to leave my room...wasnt too pleased.

I have been to a few hostels before and have never been treated as well as here! Totally worth the stay! Thank you. Will definitely come back if I come back to Dublin!

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Locker rent very expensive (4 euros per day!).

Room 44 had no shower head and no bath plug and double mattress was terrible . The location was great and staff were very nice but it could do with a good cleaning . The common area was ok .

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Everything about this hostel is great except for the bed 'linen', which is the cheapest of the cheapest polyester, and thread bare at this stage. I shall not sleep on it again.

• 15th Feb 2015

The hostel had a big common space with tv, well decorated. We were ten women and had to share one bathroom. The shower's heat regulator was broken, they told us they would tried to fix it but if they couldn't we would have to shower in another bedroom. They didn't fix it, I took a cold shower cause it was midnight when I did it and I didn't feel like going to another room. The elevator didn't work when we were leaving so we had to carry our heavy luggage four floors downstairs :)

The Hostel was dirty, the sheets, the shower, the floors. The people were nice enough and it was cheap so I guess you get what you pay for.

Had a good stay

A great, easy-going hostel with a fantastic free breakfast, free wifi and lovely warm duvets. You can't get a more central location, but that means room's facing the road can be a bit noisy.

Yes all good rooms cleans good shower with good hot water each morning when I was there over all wasn't bad staff were ok hostel mainly for 18 to 20 plus if your over 30 staff I thought staff look at you a little funny maybe my imagination But over all a ok

bathroom and room very moldy

the staff was really nice and helped in every case :)

• 7th Feb 2015