Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Awesome location and very clean, good bed and breakfast, internet works well as well ! A bit expensive on weekend maybe but no bad surprise waiting for you here !

Very close to the center, very clean, great staff, modern beds with electrical outlets, usb and light. Great value for money

Excellent location, everything pretty much at walking distance.

Good hostel, friendly receptionists, good environment and good price.

Brilliant place to stay however youneed to go out and about experience asocial scene

The shower was scalding hot, and one of only two lights in the room was broken, but other than that the room was spacious and it's a great location.

So far, the best Youth Hostel I've been to!

• 10th Aug 2014

It was a bit noisy at night/early morning but solid option

We stayed as a family, 3 adults and 2 children. Staff were friendly, the room was clean and breakfast was good. What more could you want!

Lockers cost 4 Euro per 24 hours (It's very hard to find this information on line). Our stay was unfortunately let down by a case of food poisoning we think we contracted from the kitchen at the hostel. I prepared a meal there and even though I cleaned all the equipment I used before I used it we were very ill the next day. My main issue is with the state of the chopping boards in the kitchen; they smelt terrible and were covered in flies. The staff very very friendly and helpful.

• 7th Aug 2014

Would recommend, was better than I expected in all aspects x

• 7th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Staff very helpful. Good security for bikes. Unbelievably good value

• 6th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

It is my favorite hostel in Dublin. Very close to the center, modern and the staff is great. AND never waste your time fighting for an electrical outlet, every bed has usb and electrical outlet plus a light!

This hostel couldn't have a better location: it's just a few meters to Temple Bar. If you are considering in having fun at night in Dublin, that is definitely something you have to consider. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast is included. The cleanliness is very good. I just missed the private lockers in the room. As the beds are made of steel, it's easy to solve adapting/welding two drawers under each bed.

Abigail's was in a great location! Basically in the temple bar area! Wish there was lockers in the rooms though!

Not the most secure hostel, but better than some. Best free hostel breakfast.

For my entire stay at this hostel, I was harassed by another guest who followed me for hours asking me about Jesus, requesting I take him to America, and trying to read my private information off my computer accounts. On my third day he became aggressive and demanded I give him money so I reported him to the staff and found out this man had been BANNED from other hostels and other guests here had ALREADY complained about him. I am extremely angry the hostel let him in to harass their guests.

hi rebekah as soon as this ws reported to us we asked the guest to leave, it was only then when we were notifing other hostels that it was brought to our attention that they had the same problem with him.

Did not expect to make a bed myself for the payment charged! Kitchen was small and not all that clean.

Good spot, one block from Temple Bar. Facilites are good, large common area with good internet.

I was assigned to a 3 bed female dorm with toilet on 1 Aug 2014. When I came in, the bedsheet and pillow cases were not removed by the previous user or housekeeping. Our room was next to the road and in order for air to come in, the window was not closed. Very cold and very noisy as you can hear people talking in the street the whole night. Room looks and smells old. No outlets, only extensions.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7