Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Hostel was the best we've stayed in. Very quiet and clean. Staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. Shower was cold but refreshing. Roomies were great. Enjoyed our stay!

• 1st Jul 2015

Great location! Right at the river, in Temple Bar, but without the noise one might expect. Lovely staff, and very clean facility. Our late arrival was no problem, and we had a great time exploring the city.

Abigail's is great for your $, location right in the heart of the town and close to everything! Only a short bus ride away from the Jameson and Guinness factories. Breakfast is okay, staff is very helpful and knowledgable. Rooms are cleaned every day, but the walls need to be washed. The rooms look like my great grandmas apartment, but hey who didn't love the 80's right?! The beds are good, but I would suggest bringing an extra pillow because the ones provided are very thin. I would recommend!

Hostel is good for couple nights stay. Located in a very centre with breakfasta included is very convenient. Staff was nice and helpfull.

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Finland

Was an excellent place to stay employees we very friendly and gave great recommendation on what to do in the city

• 25th Jun 2015

The staff was friendly and super helpful in day tours and cool places in Dublin. The staff suggested O'Neils pub around the corner for food, music, and a good selection of beer. O'Neil's pub set the tone for my entire trip. There was traditional Irish music with traditional Irish dancers. What an awesome place!!

We stayed in a 6 person girls only room and had a wonderful time. We met some great people and the atmosphere of the hostel was very welcoming. Rooms were clean and I really liked the central location to temple bar. Was a bit loud in the early evening, but everyone was very respectful after about 11 pm for quiet. Breakfast was good and staff were exceptional. I would highly recommend this hostel!

First time that I really felt in a hostel atmosphere. People from all over the world, very friendly and in good mood. Pretty noisy in general, but what hostel isn't it? Everyone in my 10 people room were very polite and nice. No lockers in the room, but no problems with this. Toilets and showers inside the room and working properly. Heard some negative comments before get there, but I left the hostel with a very good impression.

Located pretty close to the temple bar, this is the ideal place to stay if you are just looking for a place to spend a night post partying/sightseesightseeing.

Pretty good experience here. Staff were nice and helpful, with recommendations of where to go and what to see. Location was great, close to everything and easy to find. Wish breakfast had been more than fruit, toast and cereal. Bathrooms were new and clean. No lockers in the dorms. Mattresses were awful, hard as rocks and I had trouble getting comfortable, but that's the only serious complaint I had.

Amazing night. I also got to meet other young people like myself and my room was right across from the River. Really Nice.

• 20th Jun 2015

Good hostel, average amenities, excellent locaton.

My friend and I thought it'd be cool if there were board games etc in the common area so it would be more lively. Felt like everyone was just reading/on phones in the common area

Pro: Great location Nice staff Clean rooms Nice beds Cons: No lockers in the rooms All the doors slam Breakfast never fully ready to go until at least 9am (unless you want to ask for everything every time) Overall 3/5

• 19th Jun 2015

First time in a hostel. My daughter and I (53 & 22) stayed in a 6 bed and the 10 bed rooms. Both were clean and had an en suite bathroom. Slept on bunk beds with outlets and lights and a little shelf right by your head. VERY convenient for electronics. Staff was great and helpful. Breakfast was cafeteria style: cereal, milk, juice, toast, yogurt, canned peaches and pears in a big bowl, coffee and tea. Location was AWESOME. Temple Bar area was right around the corner. Easy to walk everywhere!

• 19th Jun 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Great location and value. Can be quite a lot of noise from the main road outside, both traffic and pedestrians. Try to get room at the back.

Great hostel! It was a nice stay!

Just an overnight layover for an airport transfer, but I had a comfortable & enjoyable stay! I hope to visit Ireland again in the future, so I'll be back!!

• 18th Jun 2015

Great location for anything you're doing. Great atmosphere and lovely people to be around. Having a kitchen made it easier as you didn't have to go out for food. The lobby area is good for relaxing and socialising, and from the words of the staff 'We encourage drinking' which was great, especially as my stay was based around going out. Would stay here again 100%

• 18th Jun 2015

I have stayed in hundreds of hostels worldwide and Abigails was one of my top experiences! It was easy to find with a great location, the staff were friendly on arrival and check in was efficient. Our room was the 12 bed dorm; it was clean, had bathrooms/showers in the room & each bed was equipped with its own light/charger. It was also very quiet considering it was at the front of the building. Breakfast was included in the price which is unusual, the common areas were great. Amazing hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7