Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Great value for money / price. Staff is great, wifi....

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Croatia

My sister and I were only in Dublin for 36 hours, so we really appreciated the location being so close to the big attractions. The men in our mixed dorm were very loud and disrespectful, which was the one damper on our night.

If you want to stay at an impersonal cold place, this is the hostel. Breakfast was quite poor with ¡instant coffee! The restroom in my room would flood everytime someone took a shower. Pilow was almost non-existent and it could get quite cold in common areas at some hours. They charge you for the use of computer and bedrooms have no lockers. dinning and common areas are all the same so you will have to endure to any tv program is on (and loudly). The only thing worth the price is location

Wonderful stay. My shared room with 9 others had an attached bathroom and shower and every bed had two plugs (and two USB plugs) with the night lights. Breakfast consisted of grains, yogurt and hard boiled eggs. Staff was welcoming and kind. Felt clean and safe. Amazing location on the river, two moments away from Temple Bar.

Great location in the central city. Close to bars and bus and train links. As this is a big hostel, it does attract brig groups. Big groups tend to be little people. Little people tend to create big noise. So if drinking games every night are not your thing, you may find a lack of quiet areas to relax in.

I liked the location and the building. The staff were great and we had a good laugh at my fumbling the door lock. The breakfast helped with the budget. I was a lot older than most of the guests but that was no bother, I only mention it because Abigail's is the place to be for twenty agers.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Very good location and friendly staff. The cleanliness and facilities were as good as you could ask for at a hostel. I enjoyed it very much.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Great location and really friendly people, both in regards to the workers and the guests. Hot water and a good breakfast... The beds are pretty average but what's awesome is that each bed has its own light and two USB ports for charging devices, which was great because we didn't realize that Ireland has the UK outlets, not the outlets that mainland Europe uses. The only thing that wasn't good about this hostel was that the bus info at the front desk was outdated. Otherwise a great hostel!

Only stayed here for a night, and I have to say, the staff was super nice. It was in a good location and my only comment would be in regards to the heat. The room I was in was so hot I could barely sleep. Other then that, everything was great.

Location of the hostel is great! 5 minutes away from the Temple bar and city centre. However, when we checked in and went to our room, all the beds had sheets on them (so they looked already taken). The staff downstairs was not really helpful, they just told us that the previous guests did not temoved their linnen and that we just should claim two beds...

• 20th Mar 2015

We spend a great time in Abigails Hostel! Amazing location, friendly staff and good quality services :)

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Spain

My security pass was never checked, anyone can go in our out also from the luggage room without any problem. I talked with the staff just 10 seconds for the check in and never again, neither to say hello. I didn't review receive any sheets and my bed was without. The building and beds are old and in a bad condition. Everything is quite dirty. The hostel is well located in temple bar but in front of the hostel there are always homeless. The hostel is without any human touch. A big poor hotel.

all guests are issued with individual room keys that expire upon check out so no one can access bedrooms without their own key, we advise guests upon check in that the luggage room can be accessed by all guests but there are lockers which you can hire if you prefer.... linen is supplied at reception and all our beds are in perfect condition and have just had new individual light,usb units fitted to them A big poor hotel - maybe it was more a hotel you were looking for, we are a hostel

Everything looked old and used. There was no real atmosphere. The bathroom was not clean and the bed as well.

• 19th Mar 2015

The kitchen doesn't have much storage for guests. It is only open from 10:30am to 9:30pm which is a pretty short time frame. On top of that, the cleaners are in their blocking it off at various times so they can use the sink. So it feels like it's really only open for cooking from around 11:30/12:00 til about 9pm.

Clean, secure, comfy bed. Good place.

location is great, close to river and main turistic atractions. stuff is helpful and nice. rooms could be cleaner and renovated cause they look shabby and rather dirty. Water is warm, but never hot. Good thing about room is that there is panel with own light and plugs - just above the bed. Breakfast is ok, there is little more than milk and toasts.

Stayed for four nights and understandably the prices were bumped up due to St. Patricks day.. Regardless great atmosphere, friendly staff and very welcoming environment as this was my first hostel. Only thing is the tub seemed to fill up while showering probably because a clog in the pipes.. Other than that great stay!

Saint patricks day in dublin couldn't have been made any better. This hostel was clean friendly and in the best location. The boys who work in the hostel are both exceptionally good looking and informative. They helped me get my lost phone back from a tour company. I basically loved it. Rooms were secure and clean. And the environment was fun and friendly. So close to everything. Xoxo

• 15th Mar 2015

great staff, amazing location

The hostel location was pretty good! But the staff were unpolite. The breakfast was awful, the dishes were dirty. We have to pay 3€ each 12h for the locker (it's suposed to be free). The atmosphere was weird.

• 13th Mar 2015

Awful breakfast - our FREE breakfast consists of cereal, toast, eggs, fruit, yoghurt, juice, tea, coffee and hot chocolate - and its all you can eat we have a FREE luggage room and if you wish we also have lockers which can be hired , this is advertised clearly on our site

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7