Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

The only thing I didn't like was that the sinks in the dormitory were leaking (both of them), and there is a biiiig hole in the roof of one of the toilets, which was leaking too.

Very good! Stayed in a 12-bed dorm; bed was comfortable, every bunk had an electrical outlet, light and USB charger, en-suite toilets were spotless. No security lockers in room, but there are lockers downstairs you can use for a small fee. Great location, right in the centre of Dublin. Excellent breakfast and friendly, helpful staff. I was very pleased and would have no hesitation staying here again.

Fun place, nice staff, Good people.

• 11th Apr 2014

I spent only one night at Abigail's. Friendly, helpful staff, comfortable beds and quiet location in spite of nearby Temple Bar. The only thing needing upgraded is the plumbing - the toilet in the dorm did not flush properly and the shower was lethal, nearly burned my skin off. All in all good value.

This hostel had a location that was right in the middle of everything, but a good place to sleep - not too noisy etc. I will definitely stay here again, and would make this hostel my first choice when going to Dublin. The first time I tried to stay here, they were booked full, so book as early as possible.

It's a good hostel in a very good location and with quite good facilities. However, guests were annoyingly noisy, slamming doors and shouting until very late at night.

The room and the bathroom were filthy and there were no lockers in the room. We could hear every single noise that came from the street. I would never advise this hostel to anyone.

Being only a 5 min walk away from the temple bar area, Abigales hostel has a great location. The staff were friendly and knowledgable about things to do in the city. The fact you get a massive key which you have to leave at reception could have got annoying had I stayed longer, but I'm sure it was done for good reason.

It was very good even if we don't speak very goog english !! thank you

• 4th Apr 2014

positive: located well in the city centre, breakfast was good for the price, nice staff and available 24 hours negative: window handles were broken (told the staff first evening, nothing happened during our stay of 3 nights!), room way to warm and muggy, bathroom was smelling mildewed, matress was really bad (you could feel every single spring stinging in your back) --> location and breakfast were ok, but we did not feel comfortable at all in our room

• 3rd Apr 2014

It was a nice place to stay. I was in the private 3 person female room and it felt a lot more like a hotel than a hostel.

Great location, practically in Temple bar. As soon as we got there the staff were kind, and gave us our linen to take up to our rooms. The linen was very clean, but looked a bit warn and old. The shower backed up a bit when we showered and didn't drain properly which is a pet peeve of mine not a deal breaker. Breakfast was included and was pretty hearty. The staff was amazing with recommendations, maps, and etc. Only complaint is that lockers weren't available in the room.

We enjoyed the time in Dublin and told our friieds how nice it was at your hostel. Many thanks

• 29th Mar 2014

Nothing glamorous but great value for money, breakfast was good, staff were very friendly and helpful advising us on Great places to visit and booking a taxi to the airport, would definitely recommend to anyone trying to visit Dublin on a budget!!!!

• 28th Mar 2014

The bathrooms were very damaged!

• 26th Mar 2014

The staff (Colin, Shauna, Kieron---pardon my spelling) were excellent, even offering to change my room after a bad evening with a group of drunken Germans and one Canadian twit. The bed was fine, the showers worked, and the breakfast was more than substantial. This is the only Dublin hostel to which I would return.

Great central backpacker hostel with secure lockers at affordable prices, nice staff and free breakfast with tea, coffee, orange juice, cereal (chocolate crispies and corn flakes), toast, jam and yoghurt with tinned fruit. Kitchen utilities have no sharp knives or working tin opener though. Loved the strong showers. We stayed in a 6-bed female dorm which turned out to be a mixed dorm but it was no problem to switch. As always in dorms earplugs recommended. Would stay again!

The bath room was somewhat dirty and...used (mold in the corners of the tub, cracks in the sink, hairs in the tub/sink/toilet that were still there after a day), the cubicle still held leftover trash from the former inhabitant. Also the shower had almost next to no water pressure and was diffucult to shower with (no hose). Otherwise, the location was really amazing - and quiet. I didn't hear anything at night, although the hostel was right at Temple Bar.

• 23rd Mar 2014

Great location and breakfast! Staff seemed a little disinterested, but I enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay again

Overall, good for a hostel in a busy city. The desk staff were very friendly and helpful. My only complaint were that the beds were very uncomfortable.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7