Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Made my very first trip in europe by myself easy and safe.

• 11th Mar 2014

The key system is the worst I've had yet at any hostel so far. You have to hang on to you receipt your entire stay and show it to the staff every time you wanna go to your room so they can give you a key. You have to turn in said key every time you leave the building. It's annoying, especially when there are no keys left. Also, you can't eat your meals without the cleaning staff mopping/sweeping your feet. Probably won't stay here again.

The location of Abigail's is excellent. It is next to the temple bar area and close to great restaurants! Walking everywhere is very easy and the staff was very helpful with directions. Overall cleanliness was fine and safety were very good. We didn't have a chance to eat breakfast because of an early tour but it looked good. I would recommend this hostel.

• 7th Mar 2014

This hostel is super secure and is right in the middle of all that Dublin has to offer. The beds each have individual outlets with is super nice and convenient, and they are very comfortable. The wife was great, really no complaints except it felt a little sterile, not a lot of character or atmosphere. The breakfast is amazing.

Great staff and great lobby area, very easy to meet new people in such an open space! Could Friday night prices be lowered by any chance?

It was really great, that our wishes were accepted. For example, earlier breakfast...

• 1st Mar 2014

Great central location! Could do with with some lockers perhaps in the rooms but otherwise the facilites were very good my room was ensuite and the room had lovely pillows!!

Breakfast included was helpful but simple (which is to be expected!). The only thing that bugged me was how unresponsive the staff was. I did not feel inclined to ask them for suggestions and when I needed ice because I hurt my leg the girl barely even cared. The kitchen itself was closed when we came back at midnight and the common area though huge and modern did not encourage interaction between the travellers. It has a great location and was perfectly adequate for what we needed.

I stayed at Abigails Hostel and Jacobs Inn in the same week and Abigails was better by far. The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially when I came back late at night to discover someone was sleeping in my bed. They also went out of their way to provide breakfast for us an hour before the scheduled time because we had to leave early. The location was perfect! Easily worth the 4 extra euros per night over Jacobs (which was dirty, crowded, far away, and the toilets didn't flush)

• 28th Feb 2014

Located in a centre so it's easy to get anywhere. Good staff, excellent atmosphere. I didn't like the dorm, it was to small for 10 people and little bit untidy. It looked like noone has cleaned it for few days. But it was worth to stay as it was cheap.

Great hostel and amazing location! But to be honest the staff was awful. My friend and I literally felt uncomfortable asking a simple question about directions because it would be too big of a bother for them. Not all were this bad but as whole sadly they were. They actually gave us a bad impression of what Irish people are like, at least once at first. It would go a long way if they showed the slightest desire to want to help us or a half smile if we need to ask a question of them.

• 25th Feb 2014

Nice place and the staff is really friendly

The location is absolutely amazing, you can walk anywhere you need to go. The only issue I had with the hostel is that the staff is incredibly rude. At other hostels they helped us with things to do and see. At Abigails they didn't even show us to our room or tell us how to get there. The girl with brown hair, bangs and glasses was especially rude. There's a grocery store a couple doors down so you can save on food! Overall pretty good experience, couple issues with the bathrooms and staff.

• 25th Feb 2014

The location is absolutely ideal for us as it was walking distance around the city and Temple Bar which meant no taxi's were needed (saving on additional money). Even though it is only a 5 minute walk to the main night life section, this caused no disturbances! The rooms are basic but exactly what we expected with the money paid. Kitchen facilities are adequate and have no complaints about hostel, location or staff! Fantastic :)

Whenever I come to Dublin I try to stay at Abi's. It's clean. efficient, friendly and reasonably priced. The location can't be beat. Access to rooms is easy, with an elevator and wide corridors. Breakfast is basic but good. Don't stay in the very big dorms which are a bit dreary, the smaller ones are much nicer. Only complaint I have is lack of any kind of storage space in the dorm rooms, you must use lockers in the common room which is not too convenient.

It is a great place, close to Temple bay, staff were great esp the over night guy he helped with things to do before I could check in. Toilets and shower was in the room 2 each for a 10 bed room. Breakfast was simple but good.

• 23rd Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

Was in a very spacious 5-bed dorm. Very clean. Separate toilet and shower was a good idea. A bit pricey but it is Dublin after all.

Hostle ist okay for a short stay. Location is perfekt and prices a low and you even get a nice breakfast. But the room we stayed in wasn't clean at all and very smelly too.

I thought they should places lockers in the room. It's doesn't feel safe leaving your things around with no way to lock them. The luggage room was basicaly accesed by anyone who requested the key and the bags were just laying around. It would have been better to place them in a locker with a key. Rooms were good though but my bed was dirty when I arrived there. Breakfast is decent and it is included.

an excellent hostel, with lovely staff. Very central too, highly recommended