Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Abigail hostel may want to consider offering a few washing machine for us to ease our trouble. Saw a few room mate refreshing their clothing instead of sending it for laundry which is few mins across the street.

Great location with a knowledgable staff. Breakfast was typical - nothing special. Stayed in a 12 bed mixed dorm which was nice. Lots of windows but when closed the noise from outside couldn't be heard. Multiple in suite bathrooms/showers but only one shower was working at the time :/.. I also stayed in an all female 8 bed dorm which was crammed and dark. I enjoyed the bigger room much more. All in all Abigail's got the job done and had free luggage storage which was convenient. good for price!

plates and trays in the kitchen were awfully dirty.. we ended up going somewhere else for having breakfasts

I was very impressed with this hostel. Good facilities, clean, and comfy beds! I also enjoyed the brekkie! And I don't think you could get a better location! Great!

I loved it!

A wonderful experience. The location is amazing and the staff are very helpful!

We had a great time here. Brilliant value for money! Felt like all our belongings were safe, the staff were great. Bathrooms and room itself were clean and it could not have been in a better location. Thank you!

• 21st May 2015
  • South Africa

We stayed here in May 2015, the hostel is very secure and the staff are welcoming and friendly. It's a very big hostel, the beds and bathrooms are just ok as far as cleanliness and comfort.

I only stayed 1 night here passing through Dublin so I can't say too much about the hostel, but overall it seemed like a good place with a good atmosphere. Bathroom and room was clean. There weren't any lockers for your valuables unfortunately. The area is great - close to all the attractions and right by Temple Bar area, but far enough away that you didn't get the noise at night.

It is a very noisy place, everything smells bad and is extremely dirty. And the breakfast is too poor.

Amazing location!! I had a great experience! Staff was super helpful too!

Loved the staff they were so helpful and welcoming. Wish I knew their names so I could name a few but I don't know any. Overall the perfect place to lose my solo backpacking virginity :)

Stayed at Abigail's for one night and was impressed by the standard of the hostel. It was clean and gave off a great atmosphere. Location was excellent lots of pubs and restaurants around, very close to temple bar. Only one thing to be careful of is they charge for lockers apart from that definitely would stay again.

Location as excellent and the workers were incredibly kind and helpful. Great value

Excellent hostel in the heart of the city. Only concern was the lack of lockers in the room, and had to pay for them in the lobby.

This hostel is amazing! Amazing staff and great location!

• 14th May 2015

I stayed two nights here. It is an absolute great location if you are looking to hang in the Temple Bar area. It wasn't really my cup of tea because large groups seem to book this hostel and the atmosphere was not exactly conducive to meeting other travelers if you are solo. That being said, it was clean and beds were decent, so if you're with a friend go for it! Beware the wonky shower--cold to SCALDING in 5 seconds. Boiled eggs at breakfast a plus if you're into that sort of thing.

No selections for those who can't eat eggs, dairy, sugar, gluten. Basically they only had yogurt, corn flakes, cocoa pebbles, milk, oj, toast, butter, jam,boiled eggs.Had a few noisy roommates making noise and flipping lights on at odd hours. Close to Temple Bar, do if like me you don't drink, then avoid the ruckus of partiers and stay elsewhere.

Great staff and facilities; superb location!

Great stay - thank you! Would be nice to also have lockers in the room!

• 11th May 2015