Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Great hostel, the best thing is the location. The only thing that didn't like me was the wifi signal doesn't work at 4th floor, everything else perfect!

• 10th May 2014
  • Mexico

I stayed at abagails hostel for 4 days, the dorm I stayed in smelt pretty bad, I noticed that one of the showers was leaking out onto the carpet and making it smell kind of damp, I notified staff and they seemed to be concerned about it which was a good sign. It was pretty clean and overall seemed like a ok place to stay. I liked the fact the dorms had ensuites and powerpoints / lights built into the bunks.

its fine, stay here, no problem as bob marley Wud say.

Abigail's hostel was worth the money. Breakfast was good, nice kitchen and common area, kept clean and tidy. Great location just around the corner from the temple bar district. In each bunk was a ledge to put a few things, with a reading lamp, plugin and a couple USB charging ports. Would have been nice to have some locker drawers under the bunks and somewhere in the shower to put your soap and a couple more hooks to hang your towel and clothes and such. Showers only lukewarm but okay I guess.

Amazing location right in the city centre and next to Temple Bar. Perfect place to stay for sight seeing and nights out. Staff were friendly and happy to recommend places to eat and drink. Would stay again if returning to Dublin.

• 9th May 2014
  • Scotland

Clean and modern. Has chargers built into the beds. Nice kitchen. No complaints, other than feeling a bit "corporate".

We checked out 2 days earlier than we planned because this place was so gross. 8 bed room smelled like a locker room, the bathroom was covered in mold, insane amounts of dust behind the beds...don't even try to use an international converter here, the only plugs in the room are angled 45 degrees down, so any type of converter is too heavy and falls out instantly. Had to wait upon checkin for sheets cause none were clean. Had to wait again for towels to be washed. Don't stay here.

• 8th May 2014

Overall, decently priced hostel and nothing really specific to complain about. Security is good. In fact, security is so good one day I stood at the front door for about 5 minutes ringing the buzz to be let in before anyone responded... The showers and toilets are very cramped. I also couldn't figure out the lights in all if them. Hostel was within walking distance to sites such as the Guinness Brewery, Trinity College. Also, not that hard to find. Free breakfast was a plus!

Can't beat the location, it's close to everything in the city centre and just a block from where CityLink picks up in Dublin city. We were able to store our bags there and pick them up again later at night, which was a huge help.

The walls are very thin, and when the doors close they slam really loud. I would not consider this hostel family-friendly (more of a younger crowd). The luggage room was very dirty.

• 2nd May 2014

Pretty cool hostel, perfectly located. As it is in the main city, well, it is quite a big hostel but frankly it is is clean, nice and freshly refurbished ; staff is helpful. So even if it is quite a big place, I didn't feel too lost ! Good place to stay.

It was nice, but I missed the organized tours.

Very large hostel, so I found it oddly hard to meet people. Very nice kitchen, good free breakfast, great loacation and staff. I'd probably stay here again

The noise level was just ridiculous, and the employee on desk duty did nothing to quiet the drunkards in the hallway, and even added to the noise...at 3 am. Unacceptable.

• 29th Apr 2014

Has a great location, right near Temple Bar which is ideal for traveling around the city. However, the black mold in our bathroom and limited water pressure/hot water was definitely a big turnoff. Abigail's is budget accommodation but I'm not sure that should excuse a blatant lack of health and cleanliness. I would not have wanted to stay longer than the 2 nights we did and with the conversation rate the 14 euro room (a person) was nearly 30 dollars Canadian for each of us...

WiFi signal is really bad in the rooms (you need to be at the reception to use it), breakfast is ok, good location, staff is very helpful, the cleanliness was ok but not excellent, even though ypu have to rong an alram tp enter the hostel there are no lockers in the room

Great location, good mattress, good wifi, free tea coffee hit chocolate all day. Kitchen is small for cooking a full meal but enough for heating up soup. En suite bathroom could use a stronger fan to reduce mold, but otherwise clean. My second time staying here, would stay again

Amazing location, right next to temple bar and very walkable to ma y attractions. Staff were helpful and knowledgable as they were able to answer my questions on getting around Dublin and what was recommended to see. I was really surprised because I stayed here 5 years and it had changed so much where in most hostels I have returned and they've stayed the same. Only sad thing about my stay was it was difficult to meet new people as a lot were in groups/couples so I didn't get to socialise.

Very friendly staff. But facilities itself were a little too average. No lockers or cabinets of whatsoever in the rooms. E.g. when I stayed in a hostel in Tokyo, we had lockers and shelfs integrated at the lower end of each bed. That made staying really comfortable.

Great location walking distance to main attractions, staff were brilliant happy to spend time helping with directions it anything really! Rooms were immaculately clean! Wifi worked all the time in all areas and kitchen was well equipped. Free breakfast was awesome! Thanks for having me :)