Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

The hostel is very central, which is good, however you can hear the noise of the busy street during night. Showers were good, it was clean, good free breakfast. In general, I liked and I would come back.

Great location! Although we happened to be there during "warm" weather, and there is not much (if any) AC, so we had to leave the windows open, and the street is very loud. Might be different situation during a not so hot week. That being said, I would definitely stay there again. Right down the street from the airport shuttles, local bus stop right outside the door (adds to the noise factor), and one street away from all the fun of temple bar!

Perfect hostel for what we needed. 3 of us stayed in an all female 6 person room, and it was great. We left our stuff in our rooms and never had any problems. Bathroom was clean along with beds. The location is perfect. So close to all the pubs and night life. Also close to all the main streets in Dublin. We had a great stay here, I would definitely recommend staying here!

We stayed in a 6 bed female dorm. Very, very narrow and long room which was a little awkward because if you had your bag out, you literally blocked the way. There is room under the bed however. Only 2 out of 3 bunks had an under bed locker though, and just one. So I'm not sure if you're supposed to share with a stranger or what the deal with that was. There was constantly yelling and singing in the hallways which I guess isn't the hostels fault, but it did affect my sleep every single night.

Everything a hostel should be!

Great fun in the downstairs common area, with plenty of young and fun people to meet. Conveniently located near Temple Bar, but far enough to be quiet enough to sleep. The Wi-Fi is great here.

nice view mostly river side all staff is helpfull

Great location!

This was a very good hostel with key cards as keys. The breakfast was average nothing special. This hostel is located right on the edge of the temple bar region. It's a very popular place for drugs and alcohol. I didn't inky this section of the city. The road out the window was very noisy all night

I loved this place. The staff was super friendly, the rooms and bathrooms were nice, it wasn't far from lots of things. Overall a great experience, I'd definitely stay again.

Great place to stay especially when you are first entering the country. This was the first hostel I had ever stayed at and so far it's been the best. Made some great friendships and the staff were always helpful. Absolutely recommend Abigails to anybody on a Dublin adventure!

It is a big hostel and located on the center of the town, just aside a supermarket and with good facilities. We had a problem, my roomate had his phone stolen inside the hostel while it was charging for 2minutes. The problem of the central location is the amount of junkies, and the hostel is a big one so it is easy to get in and out. There are a lot of security cameras, but it didnt help. It is a good hostel, but be aware with your belongs (not only for a second).

Location and staff were awesome!

Good position, very closed to Temple Bar, nice structure and very good in price.

• 16th May 2014

Abigail's was great because it was right downtown, a 5 second walk to the temple bar area and everywhere else. The rooms weren't hot, the staff was so friendly and helpful, the breakfast was good (except the coffee) and the hang out area was really chill. Definitely glad we chose this one.

A great place to stay in Dublin! Their breakfast is better than most hostels I stayed at, each bed has its own USB plugs and outlets, and the rooms have their own bathrooms. The staff is also very helpful!

Having to hand back the key every time you left the hostel was a bit annoying, but everything else was good!

In general, everything is good. It's a comfortable and nice hostel. Rooms are very clean, spacious and well equipped with individual lamps on each bed and with good bathrooms. The more negative comment I can make is that the kitchen closes at 21:30. If you go on a day trip, you would probably arrive after that time. It's ridiculous that after that time you can not use the microwave oven. Definitely it should close much later.

The breakfast is good and location too, beds comfortable

Everything was perfect! Location could not be better with Temple Bar right around the corner. The staff were very helpful. The guy working the night shift served breakfast to us before actual breakfast time because we had to leave early in the morning for a day trip. Everything was very clean and neat, however the toilet in our room missed the toilet brush and the lack of it is a bit inconvenient. Excellent value for money. I would stay here again.