Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

I think it's the best location in Dublin. Other than that the hostel is ok. There was always a musky smell in the room like damp towel. Breakfast was ok, no complaints. I've stayed at better hostels in other cities but dont know about Dublin hostels much to compare. I would still consider coming back.

Is in centre

fantastic hostel, I would have only liked to have a locker in my room and a few common showers - sometimes the ensuite one is busy and ...

I had great at Abigails hostel! Nice rooms, one of the best showers I've ever experienced in a hostel (the water was always hot!!), good kitchen, good breakfast, perfect location right on the water (very easy to find, even if you are intoxicated!!). My only complaint is that it would have been nice to have lockers in the rooms, and the pillows were a bit thin. I would definitely stay here again.

I had to climb 5 flights of stairs with my luggage becasue their only elevator was out of order. very stressful to climb all those steps every time that you wanted to go out or back to your room. Very basi breakfast. Would not stay there again. Abbey's Court across the bridge is much better.

Plus: The breakfast was included and.. it was greaaat! If you need an adaptation for your electric aparats they can leave you for 5e (that you came back when you leave!). If not, you have an USB charger in your bed so for the mobile it awesome! :)

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Each bed has two outlets, two usb chargers and a bed lamp. They have a large common room, and the hostel is very well located, near the temple bar, lots of bus stops and the trinity college.

Because I'm a wheelchair user, the fact that the "lift" didn't work for four days was unacceptable. The outer doors leading onto the street are very heavy, I suggest power assisted doors.

• 11th Apr 2015

Noisy when people turn up early hours of the morning! there should be more notes to tell people to be quiet!

Vraiment très bien situé et très facile d'accès. Très bien dans l'ensemble. Dommage que la douche ne soit pas toujours chaude.

• 11th Apr 2015

It is a really good hostel, its in the middle of the city only 30-45 minutos to the airport,,. security is good to enter you a card, wifi works perfect and the beedroom are big and you have bathrrom in suite. my bedroom had 12 beds but was because i have met people of different place of world. the only bad point was that elevetor didn work,

We had a wonderful stay at the Abigails. The guys ath the reception were really friendly & helpful. The breakfast is quite basic but completely alright. The rooms & bathrooms were clean and adequate. A big plus is the location. There are shops and supermarkets nearby, all the pubs, bars & restaurants are just around the corner and shoppingcentres and attractions are all in walking distance.

• 9th Apr 2015

Excellent

• 9th Apr 2015

My stay at abigails was really good. Super staff and location. But... It is very noicy at nigth. Partys in rooms and hallways. I personally didnt mind but others Was talking a lot aboute it

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Norway

Fantastic to have free luggage storage as I had unreasonably timed flights! - we checked out at 10.30am and were allowed to leave luggage there [and use their facilities] until 2am! Staff were helpful if asked direct questions but felt could have been more welcoming on arrival. Towel hire only one euro, great location, rooms standard, kitchen to use all day, free breakfast, wifi great - would definitely stay there again!

• 8th Apr 2015

Abigails Hostel was a great place to stay. It is conveniently located to many of the places you would want to go in the center part of Dublin. It is clean and well kept. I stayed in a 3 person room and it was well worth the extra cost for calmness and privacy The atmosphere is friendly and the staff were very helpful. The breakfast was free and very filling. I enjoyed myself there.

great hostel!

Awesome time, worth every penny!

Good place to stay, except one bathroom per shared room is not enough, plus the bathtub in my room did not drain properly which made for some slightly uncomfortable showers.

I think the location is the best feature in this Hostel. The street behind it is one of the best in Dublin for pubs and night live. Also, it's not that far from airport/ferries.

• 5th Apr 2015