Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Loved it here! Staff is super friendly everything is within walking distance if you don't mind walking! Met some really cool people in the common area! I'd definitely stay here again!

• 24th Jun 2014

The hostel has a lift in it which is extremely useful especially when travelling with heavy bags and staying all the way up the 3rd or 4th floor! The breakfast is simple but adequate, place is kept clean, and the ensuite bathroom is very much appreciated! No more clutching shampoo bottles and towels while looking for the shower. The staff is friendly and approachable at all times, even the cleaning lady was kind and friendly! each bunk bed had their own reading light and plug/USB points too!!

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

Great hostel to stay at. Had a 3 person room and it was really nice and clean. Met new people every night down in the lobby. Everyone is so friendly there, you will have a great time!

• 23rd Jun 2014

Nice place to stay. The localization is excellent near the best pubs ...

The bigger room we had was cleaner and the bathroom was bigger. Small room you could barely move in there and there was mold. Each bed had its own light and usb charger site which was lovely. Yogert and bread for breakfast. Safer to leave you bags in ur room then the luggage room. Staff were lovely. Hated how everytime we left we had to give back the key not loose a slip of paper and then chec back in.

Great location, most of the staff were lovely and friendly. Only problem I had was I needed to print train tickets and there was no paper in the place

Staff could have been friendlier on check in and explain the layout of hostel etc a little better. We had to ask the people in our dorm.

We really enjoyed are stay at Abigails. Stayed there 3 nights, and had good time watching World Cup soccer in the main lounge area. Security was great. Our room was near top floor, and windows out to alley. Not all windows had locks . Our room had an ensuite and it was fine . We were offered ear plugs when we checked in....so thought oh, oh.....but actually was quiet after about 10 or 11 p A quick update on facilities we checked in would have been helpful. Otherwise staff were great.

We where eight people in a small room with one combined toilet/shower/bathtub. It was of course very hot. The toilet did not work for most of our stay, and the toilet door seamed to be damaged. The beds where good, and came with sheet's and individual power outlets as well as USB power outlets. The staff was friendly, but not much more than what I expect for a hostel in that price range. There where no closet for clothes or valuables, but there where deposit boxes in the common area for a fee.

I like this hostel. It's quiet during night. Room is warm and clean. Bathroom is OK. Kitchen provides enough stuffs for my cooking. Security is good. Breakfast id good as well. Only thing is the staff. Normally they are very nice, but I don't know why this time they seemed to be not so enthusiastic. Maybe they were too tired with guests, but I hope a better attitude for my next stay.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Vietnam

It was a nice place to stay and the staff was really nice to me and were really good informed about the city and all the travel related questions. The Check-In was always manned and really nice!

• 19th Jun 2014

For the rooms that can accommodate 10 people, it would be nice if there could be at least 2 bathrooms, as it made it slightly difficult to fit in showers for my group. Other than that, our stay was lovely and we will highly recommend your establishment to other American youth groups who may find themselves going to Dublin.

• 18th Jun 2014

The location is excellent, the rooms and bathrooms were relatively clean.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

This was the best hostel I stayed at during my 2 week road trip in ireland. It was even better than 2 of my hotels. 1 B

• 17th Jun 2014

I love the location of this hostel!!!! It it right on the edge of Temple Bar, but is not quite in the middle of it like some of the other hostels. So the result is that you have literally a minute walk to some of the best pubs in town, but the hostel is on a more quiet street! Also, the hostel is ON the Liffey river! so cool. Great breakfast. Amazing location. Bus stops right in front and there is a grocery store just 2 buildings down! I loved this hostel!

A very nice hostel, but the cleanliness was much below average. I stayed there for a week and didn't notice the room getting cleaned once. They took out the garbage but that was it. Quite a bit of dust everywhere - not good for my allergies. Everything else was very nice: friendly staff, great breakfast, all facilities were there.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Finland

The staff offer great recommendations that are truthful rather than based on who is paying them to advertise certain services. I liked the Temple Bar area but it would have been useful to know there are less expensive places that are also good to go for a drink. The breakfast was only thing that let the hostel down I thought as it seemed tacky. Otherwise it's a great place!

• 16th Jun 2014

Room was clean, bathroom felt particularly cleaner than I expected. Bedding was given to you upon check-in, so it was good to know it was clean, but it looked very worn from being washed a lot.

• 14th Jun 2014

Nice personel!

• 13th Jun 2014

I really enjoyed the short stay and the staff was great. The bathroom and shower were quite small and a hook or shelf to hang clothes would be really nice. I don't want to put everything on the floor while I'm showering.

• 12th Jun 2014