Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Excellent place to chill, good common area with plenty of seating and relatively quiet

• 27th Dec 2014

Overall great staff, usually hostels have lockers so it was a little uneasy when I got there and couldn't secure it but I didn't have any problems. Also kind of a pain that you had to pay for a towel, but was only a euro so not horrible. Very clean bathrooms and friendly staff!

• 20th Dec 2014

Clean hostel very well located. The staff is nice. We had an amazing stay in Dublin!

I've been there for two days and it was very pleasant, great staff, perfect location and good beds with private sockets to charge phones and cameras. Highly recommend it.

Amazing value for the money. Large rooms, nice bathroom/shower, decent complimentary breakfast... I was very pleased with my stay. One thing I I find I like in a hostel is when the bed have curtains to sort of close yourself off, but I fixed this by hanging the comforter cover up by tucking it into the top bunk. That is probably my only complaint.

The location was great, right on the river and less than 5 minutes to walk to the Temple Bar district. The free breakfast was good and the room was basic, but pretty good. The only issue we had was my friends bed linens she was issued had hair all over them and were stained. She took them to the front desk and they told her they had just been washed. She insisted on new sheets, which they eventually gave to her. It seemed that some of the desk attendants were nicer than others. Would stay again.

Good location, near the city centre.

It was fantastic! So cheap! Especially when you get free internet and breakfast! :)

• 15th Dec 2014

Didn't stay in the end but I lived in Dublin and know it's a grand hostel to stay at. Close to temple bar and the heart of Dublin

I like how you have many options on what kind of room you want. It's nice to pick if you want to be in a room with 8 people or just 3.

• 13th Dec 2014

Excellent location, friendly staff, decent breakfast

• 12th Dec 2014

The hostel is really nice with awesome location, great breakfast included and the staff is friendly and helpful. The room was a bit cold, but they offer warm blankets so that was not actually a problem. The only thing I didn't like was the fact they don't have lockers in the room, just downstairs and you also have to pay for them.

Very very nice Hostel! Clean, well placed and with an available staff!

• 10th Dec 2014

Everything was perfect. The only things to criticize would be that the sink in our room (26) was kind of stuck all the time. And when I arrived the sheet that i got was full of hair, but when I complained I got a new one anyway.

• 9th Dec 2014
  • Austria

Clean and pleasant. Breakfast wasn't fantastic, but filling and free.

Happy with this hostel and if possible would repeat in the future. The best is the full breakfast and the clean and equipated kitchen. The worst is that you have to pay for the lockers, wich are located on the living room, I also didn't like to have the showers and toilets inside the dorm (noises can disturb people sleeping), For the paid price I think it's worth.

really cool and well located hostel. I felt very safe and comfortable there. the breakfast could be better but for the price I payed I cannot complain. i would go again!

Really good location. Good rooms. Ok breakfast. In general, pretty good. I recommend :)

Abigail's hostel is conveniently located where all the buzz is happening in Dublin. The staff were friendly, I liked how there's always someone there 24 hours of the day. Beds were comfy, toilets and bathroom were clean. Only thing I would say, is that it's not a hostel to socialise and meet fellow travellers as it's quite large. But I wouldn't fault that on the hostel itself. Would definitely stay here again!

The hostel has a great location just around the Temple Bar area. It´s clean and you have breakfast included with toast, boiled eggs, juice and coffee. We stayed in 6 mixed dorm room in suite. The bathroom was clean as well as the beds and linen. The only thing is the water turned to be cold after 11 am, I guess because all the guests had a shower already and there was no hot water left.