Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

This is a great, well run big hostel, I had a bit of a retard moment with the showers but I figured it out eventually

I really liked this hostel. This was the 2nd time that I stayed here. It was in a great location to go exploring Dublin. Wifi was great which is important as I work and travel. The lockers cost additional which is one downside but they are very secure. Bring a towel with you. The beds were comfortable. I will stay here again.

I had a good stay here and there is a nice big kitchen and common room with a tv and the breakfast each morning was great. In the rooms, the bathrooms were cleaned regularly and the beds were good. The biggest issue was security of bags in the rooms because there were no lockers! You could pay for lockers down stairs but this is quite inconvenient and also expensive at 6 pound for a full day.

Service from the receptionist was really good. Rooms were ok. However, the bathrooms in the room were really gross. They only have salt water coming from the taps and shower...I didn't feel clean for the whole time I stayed there.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Super central location, friendly staff, toilet and shower were really clean! I do think that 29 Euros for a night in a not very comfortable bunk bed (3 bed mixed dorm) were a little bit too much for my liking though.

Too much noise in the night of 25 to 26 of july. People on the 3rd floor kept all night going out and comungar in, knocking on doors and shouting.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

Most everything was pretty good, except there didn't appear to be any Gluten-free options for the Breakfasts. When I arrived, I received a less than polite greeting at the Hostel, and didn't really receive any assistance or information about where anything was in the hostel or it's surroundings. The service wasn't terrible, but I was disappointed in the greeting and seeming attitude of apathy when I arrived to check in at the hostel.

This hostel is well located for a tourist as it is literally right around the corner from temple bar area but this does mean that it can be very loud when you want to sleep. I was there in July and it was balmy in the room. They did a good job of keeping the bathrooms clean and the staff were helpful

Good facilities and very good location. I stayed here with a group while we attended a festival in Marlay Park all weekend. The room was quite warm at night but we were getting unusually hot humid weather! The room was an 8 bed dorm but was very open and spacious with plenty windows, 2 shower rooms and 2 bathrooms, as well as a separate sink and mirror.

A good place to stay.

• 18th Jul 2014

Awesome hostel, everything was good!

Great hostel, will definitely stay here again!

Cleaning staff extremely rude and unfriendly. Everything else was greAt

Nice hostel, with very nice staff, they're very willing to help with any question you may have. Dormroom was a good size, so getting around was easy. Bathroom was ok, could have been cleaner. Would definitely recommend it to friends. Only thing I thought was really unfortunate, was that there wasn't really anything organized to get together with other people in the hostel. Or maybe they just didn't when I was there.

• 15th Jul 2014

Good location. Good showers. Bored and hot common area. There is no smoking area or a place to have a happy hour with music.

The hostel is in the very centre of Dublin. It is clean, nicely funrished place. Breakfast very good. Staff very helpful.

Great hostel - awesome common area with plenty of space to hang out. Good breakfast. Easy to walk everywhere from here.

Great location and kitchen was nice. Very good security. However bathroom really filthy and bad air in the room made me and my friends feel dirty the whole time. While showering, you could see the water turning grey due to the tub not being washing for a long time. Also the atmosphere wasn't that great in my opinion.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The staff is excellent. They were helpful.

The location was handy, the breakfast was good, consisting of cereal, tinned fruit, yogurt, eggs, toast, juice and tea/coffee. Its gives a better free breakfast than most hostels iv stayed in around the city centre. My only complaint is there was a lock on the bathroom door but it wasn't aligned which meant I had to put a handbag against the door incase anyone came in. Also my bed really smelled and on the first night I slept ontop of the duvet instead of under it as the smell grossed me out.