Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Loved the kitchen access and the open common-room space. No lockers in the rooms was a bit odd. Great location, average cleanliness. A good, relatively cheap option to stay for Dublin.

Great value for your money. The breakfast was great :).

The shower has problem, water cannot drainage away while shower, so it is like a pool and don't feel like my foot are clean after shower. First day breakfast, the tray was sticky, bowls, plates were dirty, following days ok. Pillow is too flate like nothing under head. Last night in saw a guy didn't put on bed sheet, duvet cover and pillow cover, wonder the cleanliness.

This is quite a good hostel. Good location, good facilities and very clean. I stayed in a 3 bed dorm on a Tuesday night and found it easy to sleep there and there wasn't much road or outdoor noise. I would stay there again

Very easy to find next to the river. Staff are very nice. This hostel is basic & tidy. I have stayed in much better for less. Could do with an upgrade. Abigails is open 24-7. free tea, coffee, hot chocolate. Nice walk along the river Liffy. Lots of footbridges. Horrendous traffic. Bus stops close by. City tour bus 20E not impressed. lots of road works. Train station only 10 minute walk.. Not impressed city shops R awful & expensive. Behind the main center is drab & dreary the ground is filthy.

• 16th Jun 2015

Very nice staff, and breakfast was good.

Clean, very friendly, nice common room with coffee/tea always available. Very comfortable stay.

Althought I never actually got to sleep there (a good night haha), the place seemed nice and its location is first class. From what i seen, I'd recommend it.

• 13th Jun 2015

Great weekend break to Abigails for the Scotland vs Ireland game! Staff were excellent with us, great value for money and a good vibe about the place! Only issue we had was with the bathroom, toilet choked up easily and the shower base pooled with water. Didn't stop us having a great time though and we'd probably stay here again.

• All Male Group, 25-30

The main area was fine and clean but the rooms (especially the toilet/ shower) was dirty. This was probably because it was a 8 person room. Would recommend staying in a room with less people per room.

Highly recommended, friendly staff and right in the centre of Dublin, couldn't be bettered👍

• Scotland

You get what you pay for I suppose. Fantastic location and quick check inns and out. Although some areas lacked basic cleanliness and poor fixtures and fittings, certainly in our room. Overall decent for the cost.

• Scotland

I loved this hostel. The rooms were big and clean and the location was excellent. Each bed has its own plug ins which is amazing, no more fighting to charge things. The breakfast was minimal but free and better than nothing. The only real complaint I have is that the toilet, shower and sink were all together. Hostel rooms are so much better when they are separated.

• 11th Jun 2015

Awesome hostel, very clean and confortable in the best location of the city. I literally walked to all the major sights. More confort than one expects to find in a hostel.

Always like staying here since close to Temple Bar and Centre City. Staff are great too.

We were only staying the night but I will be back to Dublin again and I will make sure to stay here again. Was awesome.

everything was absolutely great except we saw a total of 4 people using heroin from our window in over the course of one night

• 9th Jun 2015

Of course hostels are totally dependant on the people in your room. Unfortunately I had horrible people in my room who went out partying until 3 am and lost their key and decided to knock on the door for 10 minutes instead of going to the desk to get it in the first place. This was totally unacceptable- I had an early flight the next morning and did not get back to sleep at all before going to the airport. Maybe make sure people have their keys before they go upstairs especially if drunk.

This place is disgusting. The shower pours out scalding hot water onto your feet while the water from the shower head is ice cold. We saw people doing heroine in the alley behind the hostel from our window. The place is grimy and old and although the location is superb, I would not recommend this to anyone.

• 9th Jun 2015

I wish I could give a higher rating bc the staff and location are GREAT, but I wasn't thrilled with the cleanliness. I stayed at Abigails last Friday and this Tuesday. Friday, I got a towel that had hair on it. I'm not sure if the hair was there when I received it or if I had placed it down somewhere and it picked it up, but either way no good. Second night I stayed there the previous occupants hadn't stripped the bed so I had to remove their dirty linens. Otherwise a good hostel.