Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

I enjoyed my quick stay at Abigail's and the location was great. I only had to walk half a block to get to Citilink to catch a bus to Galway. This was very helpful and convenient. The place was nice and pretty quiet but I could hear a lot of footsteps in the hallway since there are no carpets. I liked the breakfast with yogurt and fruit.

A really good place. Was there last year with our school class, but 7 of the girls came back this year. So good location to shopping and drinking.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Denmark

-Very small and dirty bathroom with mould. -Only expencive possibility to leave articles of value. -rooms not clean +nice entrance area +socket-outlets at the beds +good location

We definitely enjoyed our stay at Abigails :)

The heating in the room did not work. The room was cold.

• 30th Mar 2015

Great value for money / price. Staff is great, wifi....

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Croatia

My friend and I stayed here a week or two ago, and I think it's hard to review the staff. There was one staff member upon our arrival who was incredibly difficult, unfriendly, and unhelpful, and he really turned us off at first. However, upon our departure when we needed advice on transport to the airport, the staff member on shift was incredibly kind, and he went out of his way to help make sure we understood where to go. The hostel itself was nice, and the location was superb.

Perfect location and really helpful staff. Would highly recommend!

• 29th Mar 2015

I was staying in an all female, 10 bed suite. On my last night a man opened the room with a key around 12:30am and settled into the last spare bed. He left before I could say anything in the morning but I was thoroughly freaked me out. I told the front desk the next morning and they told me they had no idea how it happened and denied anyone giving him the key. They had no clue how a middle aged man gained access to an all girls room in the middle of the night. Concerning to say the least.

• 29th Mar 2015

Although it can be nice to have an ensuite bathroom, it is also a bit challenging at times to share one bathroom with 8 people (especially in the mornings when trying to leave and evenings when trying to go to bed). There were no showers anywhere else in the hostel for use. The new headboards with outlets & light are a nice tough- no worries if you do not have a UK converter because the headboards also have USB outlets! Breakfast was good as far as hostel breakfasts go, good wifi, nice staff.

My sister and I were only in Dublin for 36 hours, so we really appreciated the location being so close to the big attractions. The men in our mixed dorm were very loud and disrespectful, which was the one damper on our night.

If you want to stay at an impersonal cold place, this is the hostel. Breakfast was quite poor with ¡instant coffee! The restroom in my room would flood everytime someone took a shower. Pilow was almost non-existent and it could get quite cold in common areas at some hours. They charge you for the use of computer and bedrooms have no lockers. dinning and common areas are all the same so you will have to endure to any tv program is on (and loudly). The only thing worth the price is location

Wonderful stay. My shared room with 9 others had an attached bathroom and shower and every bed had two plugs (and two USB plugs) with the night lights. Breakfast consisted of grains, yogurt and hard boiled eggs. Staff was welcoming and kind. Felt clean and safe. Amazing location on the river, two moments away from Temple Bar.

Great location in the central city. Close to bars and bus and train links. As this is a big hostel, it does attract brig groups. Big groups tend to be little people. Little people tend to create big noise. So if drinking games every night are not your thing, you may find a lack of quiet areas to relax in.

I liked the location and the building. The staff were great and we had a good laugh at my fumbling the door lock. The breakfast helped with the budget. I was a lot older than most of the guests but that was no bother, I only mention it because Abigail's is the place to be for twenty agers.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Very good location and friendly staff. The cleanliness and facilities were as good as you could ask for at a hostel. I enjoyed it very much.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Great location and really friendly people, both in regards to the workers and the guests. Hot water and a good breakfast... The beds are pretty average but what's awesome is that each bed has its own light and two USB ports for charging devices, which was great because we didn't realize that Ireland has the UK outlets, not the outlets that mainland Europe uses. The only thing that wasn't good about this hostel was that the bus info at the front desk was outdated. Otherwise a great hostel!

Only stayed here for a night, and I have to say, the staff was super nice. It was in a good location and my only comment would be in regards to the heat. The room I was in was so hot I could barely sleep. Other then that, everything was great.

Location of the hostel is great! 5 minutes away from the Temple bar and city centre. However, when we checked in and went to our room, all the beds had sheets on them (so they looked already taken). The staff downstairs was not really helpful, they just told us that the previous guests did not temoved their linnen and that we just should claim two beds...

• 20th Mar 2015

We spend a great time in Abigails Hostel! Amazing location, friendly staff and good quality services :)

• 20th Mar 2015