Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

My friend and I were unable to get to Dublin until 6am due to ferry mishaps. We were worried that we wouldn't be able to check in that early, but the staff was very accommodating and that was very nice, to have a bed after camping out in a ferry port all night. The staff was friendly and very helpful in answering our many questions about anything and everything. Also the location was amazing! I was very impressed to find how central is was to everything we wanted to see.

• 24th Aug 2014

It was a great location, close to everything, easy to get around. The staff was friendly, I will definitely stay there again.

• 24th Aug 2014

Big hostel, well placed. Stored our bike at the sister hostel round the corner (smaller, quieter version of Abigail's). All staff very helpful.

This hostel has a great location - within the city, close to bus stations, etc. The staff knew the answers to your questions and were kind. Seems to be a popular spot so plan on booking here last minute.

• 22nd Aug 2014

The staff was really helpful and nice. I also thought it was clean and well taken care of.

I was in female room for 3 and it was great. I was able to see river from my window and the location is right in the middle of the city, it took me 5 minutes to get to airport bus stop.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Ukraine

Great location (right in the town centre, close to the bus station and Temple Bar area) and friendly, helpful staff. Cleanliness was lacking somewhat in the rooms and bathrooms. Otherwise, a nice place to stay.

It was in a nice location and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. The only complaint is that the room and bathrooms were not the cleanest. Also, in our room, the carpet and floor near the bathroom was soaked and unpleasant to walk on.

All in all a good stay. The room I was in had a leaky sink that left a large puddle on the floor, but the issue was addressed fairly quickly.

The location is really good, just not far from the train/bus station. Reading light and two plugs at each bed. Breakfast was included and not bad. Wifi signal is steady and you can receive it in the room. Staff are nice and helpful. If you are staying at a 8 people dorm, you have to wait to use the bathroom as there is only one in each room. And it would be nice if the bathroom get a little bit of remodel.

Feels like a hotel, but with shared rooms. You need ID to enter the building every time, which I consider good. There's a big living room and small kitchen on the ground floor, and everything else upstairs is just rooms. Breakfast is provided and it's reasonably good. The hostel is on walking distance to many nice pubs with live music, but there are also tourist traps around (places that raise prices sometime in the night, for example). It's easy to get to there from the airport, which is nice.

Really great hostel, and an excellent value. I'd stay there again if I'm back in Dublin. It's right next to Temple Bar, and every bed has 2 outlets right next to it, which was nice.

Great hostel. 2 min. from temple bar, great staff and clean.

• 16th Aug 2014

A girl at the reception wasnt too friendly when I got there for the check in, but apart from that, my stay there was very nice. Amazing breakfast!

some people of the staff are totally unfriendly (they look unhappy) and some other on the contrary are lovely

• 16th Aug 2014

Really one of the best hostels you probably will find in Dublin city center concerning price and location. Realy in the heart of the city, next to The Temple Bar. The rooms are very clean and the bathrooms are nice and clean. Lovely staff who will answer all your questions concerning the hostel or the city itself. Real value for your money.

Very clean and excellent location right in Temple Bar - close to everything! Security is excellent though there are no lockers in the rooms (at least the ones I was in!). WiFi worked everywhere. Hot showers. Great included breakfast! Nice staff. Would def stay again!

There are personal plug points in each bed so that is really useful. Locker is available for rental but you can also leave bag in luggage room for free. overall this is a great place to stay compared to many hostels i've been in

Awesome location and very clean, good bed and breakfast, internet works well as well ! A bit expensive on weekend maybe but no bad surprise waiting for you here !

Very close to the center, very clean, great staff, modern beds with electrical outlets, usb and light. Great value for money