Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

The Hostel was dirty, the sheets, the shower, the floors. The people were nice enough and it was cheap so I guess you get what you pay for.

Had a good stay

A great, easy-going hostel with a fantastic free breakfast, free wifi and lovely warm duvets. You can't get a more central location, but that means room's facing the road can be a bit noisy.

Yes all good rooms cleans good shower with good hot water each morning when I was there over all wasn't bad staff were ok hostel mainly for 18 to 20 plus if your over 30 staff I thought staff look at you a little funny maybe my imagination But over all a ok

bathroom and room very moldy

the staff was really nice and helped in every case :)

• 7th Feb 2015

The workers were very nice, it was a really good location. I wish the breakfast was a little nicer, but I'll take what I can get haha.

• 7th Feb 2015

Good place overall. Cant really fault it.

The guys at the front desk were not only friendly, but patient and answered all of my questions and concerns. They drew me several maps, gave me great recommendations and did a fantastic job, one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at.

Central location. Big and clean rooms, with no lockers. Good breakfast. However, there was an external problem with the electricity and water supply, and I couldn't get the staff to provide my room with a heater that actually worked.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Argentina

Found the staff to be very professional and attentive in what must have been a difficult time - there was an external problem which affected the water and electricity, and the entire process was dealt with as best as possible. Very impressed. Also found facilities and atmosphere very good. Friendliest hostel I've stayed in.

• 30th Jan 2015

Room doors are a bit light so noise from corredor can be a little annoying to some. Anyway it's a good habit to take earplug for your trip. Staff is nice, breakfast ok, egg and jogurt appreciated beside the usual cereal and jam.

We really enjoyed the stay. Good breakfast. Nice service from the employees. Well located in the city. There was no locker in the rooms and I don't like that. Also, there was no water in the morning so we couldn't shower, but it was a district problem. Anyways, it was good!

The staff was always helpful but during a situation that was out of their control, management didn't do enough. We had no water, electric, or heat. We noticed the water first, and only when we complained, did they tell us about it, the three days we were there, a generator was put in for water, but still, we had no heat and there was no lift for all of the travelers lugging their things around. We were freezing all night and they knew we wouldn't have heat but didn't warn anyone.

I liked it for the most part but we did have to go a day without running water. Plus there were no numbers on beds so it was hard to tell if we took someone's bed

• 28th Jan 2015

Very good hostel. Pros Plugs above beds Great wifi everywhere Kitchen Free breakfast (eggs and yoghurt included) Cons Have to make own bed

Excellent hostel.

Beside its good location, everything else was just poor about this hostel. Both room and common areas was dirty and used up. When we got there, the elevator was not working, the paid lockers were out of order, they didn't have any towels to rent... staff was not very friendly, the guy at night reception was even rude. I wont be staying there when Im next time in Dublin.

toilets/bathroom in very bad state and mostly dirty.

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Belgium

I stayed in this hostel for one night, everything was ok even the breakfast but the place wasn't really clean, there were some drain in the bathroom with moldy. I think the others rooms were better. The location is perfect to go out the night and the night because is situated nearly the centre.

• 24th Jan 2015