Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

I really enjoyed this hostel. I love how it's in a central location, but not right beside a bar. It was very clean and the staff friendly, and I appreciated the free towel loan. I really like your rule how people can only stay short term, there is no drinking in the rooms and zero smoking. And all the murals were so fun! The one drawback was the wifi didn't work for me the first night, but the rest of the time it worked fine.

We loved our stay at Abigails! It was nice to be in a hostel environment that was super social. Most places we have stayed in Europe this year did not have any social life to offer. The kitchen was super useful and having breakfast included was super helpful. The location was awesome and allowed us to get everywhere in Dublin by foot. The only downside was sharing one ensuite bathroom between 10 girls. The toilet, sink and shower are all in the same room so you cannot share the space.

unbelievably helpful and knowledgeable staff good breakfast clean comfortable

• 4th Jan 2016

Super location in the centre of the city, and super nice and helpful staff! Breakfast was very good too, and the common places and the rooms are really clean!

• 4th Jan 2016
  • Argentina

We had a really great time at Abigail's and were regretting not taking it for the whole duration of our trip. We met some really interesting travellers and hope to go back to Abigail's on our next visit. The staff were great, there is always free food, the breakfast was excellent and almost anything is reachable by foot from the hostel. The Super Valu beside is also a great plus point, providing travellers a quick respite from expensive Dublin restaurants and eateries. We fully recommend it!!

The hostel was in a very good place, very closed to temple bar. According to the ubication is one of the most cheaper. The breakfast was poor and also was the cleanliness.

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • Argentina

Fantastic location right in the heart of Dublin. Staff were helpful and friendly (some more so than others). Bathrooms kept moderately clean; cooking facilities were great (suggestion for some oil/sauces on hand for communal use)... Breakfast makes it good value for money. Would recommend.

Stayed at this hostel for couple of times. Value for money, but should have better options for breakfast.

I only stayed here 1 night and I didn't see anything wrong with it. It was in a great location, very close to Temple Bar. They had breakfast included too which was nice.

Had a great stay at Abigails for 2 nights over New Years Eve in their 12 bed mixed dorm room. Staff were very helpful in explaining where places were and recommending places to eat or go out for a drink. We also had a couple of friends in different rooms under different bookings which they tried their best to get us into the same room.

• 31st Dec 2015

The staff was great and actually helped me out with the bus route. Almost got on the wrong bus, but they saved me. Beds were a little uncomfortable, but would for sure stay there again.

Started my trip in Dublin at Abigail's and the location is super super good, especially for the price. It's got Temple Bar out the back and everything else over the river. Nice breakfast, made heaps of friends in my room - only problem is there was 10 beds to one toilet/shower. The staff are helpful and I'd definitely stay here again

Expensive place for such facilities. I get the location is great, but I'd rather walk 10minutes more and pay the same or less of your price just to get better facilities.

• 29th Dec 2015

Excellent location

• 29th Dec 2015

Great hostel! Friendly staff and excellent location, which allows you to see the city centre on foot. I stayed in a mixed 12 bedroom and it was good, except that the bathrooms were a little small and I missed something to put my personal objects while taking a shower. There are socket plugs near each bed, which is quite good to keep your cellphone near you while sleeping. There were a variety of food in the breakfast as toast, jam, yogurt, juice, cereals and others. I really liked it.

Great location, great staff, really large rooms!! 8 bunk beds didn't feel crowded because the room was so large and there were two showers, two toilets (with sinks) and a separate sink all in the room (ensuite). Would stay here again!

By far one of the best hostels I've stayed at! No wonder they were full when I tried to go back! So friendly and helpful. The breakfast is amazing and it's so close to everything! Highly recommend!

Improve a little bit breakfast...

• 16th Dec 2015
  • Greece

I thought I was organised but it turned out I had booked for a day later. Lucky for me there was still room and Evan was very helpful in making my stay possible. Very impressed with customer service and the smaller (4 bed) dorm rooms.

• 16th Dec 2015

It was a really nice hostel, the only thing that is a bit inconvenient is the bathroom. We were staying in this room for 10 girls, but there was only one bathroom with a toilet, sink and shower. It would be better to have a separate toilet and sink. Because now you were not able to go to the toilet if someone was in the shower.

• 15th Dec 2015