Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Did not expect to make a bed myself for the payment charged! Kitchen was small and not all that clean.

Good spot, one block from Temple Bar. Facilites are good, large common area with good internet.

I was assigned to a 3 bed female dorm with toilet on 1 Aug 2014. When I came in, the bedsheet and pillow cases were not removed by the previous user or housekeeping. Our room was next to the road and in order for air to come in, the window was not closed. Very cold and very noisy as you can hear people talking in the street the whole night. Room looks and smells old. No outlets, only extensions.

Second time in Dublin and I stayed at Abbey court the first time witch was good ,but I decided to try somthing different and I stayed here at Abigail's hostel with my brother and my two friends. We had an 8 bedroom and it was perfectly fine the people were realy nice . The staff was friendly and helpful , and the pub crawl I recommend that it was awsome , sandman pub crawl. The pub crawl leaders we're awsome aswell. Great second time In Dublin , stay here great location :)

nice design, modern and freeky, very friendly stuff, good location, i would come again and recommend the hostel

• 31st Jul 2014

As my first hostel stay, it was great! Clean rooms, comfy beds, good bathrooms, friendly staff, great internet, and personal charging station for each bed (USB ports too for the converter-less). Location is great right by Temple Bar, the river and o'connell st. I would stay again in a heartbeat. Security was good but didn't really need it because everyone was pretty cool about personal stuff so we never even rented lockers. You can leave luggage after checkout, too. Well done

The location is great, right on the temple bar area. I would recommend it for groups travelling but maybe not for solo travellers like myself - it kind of lacked a social atmosphere and I struggled a bit to meet people. However the hostel had great facilities and security and a really cool room downstairs so if you're travelling with friends it would be really good.

Can't think of anything bad to say about this hostel. Location is great, 5 minute walk from the main bus and rail stations. The staff was friendly and helpful from start to finish, the room and shower were clean. Breakfast was good, exactly as expected, atmosphere relaxed and welcoming. Security good with card keys and doors that lead to bedrooms opened by receptionists.

Wish there had been lockers or any storage place for bags in the dorm. The key system made it difficult if our party had wanted to go out seperately. The kitchen closed rather early and we had a member of staff watch us cook during the last half hour that made it uncomfortable. The individual lights and power supply with the bed was amazing though!

It is very clean, well maintained, location is awesome, and has international atmosphere. The only con is that it lacks lockers in where to safely leave the luggage. Lockers are provided, but they are in the first floor and you have to pay for.

Excellent hostel - great location, good breakfast, friendly staff and clean and secure facilities.

Staff we're very friendly and helpful. My room was very clean and comfortable. I would recommend this place to anyone as it's also in a great location right on the doorstep to temple bar.

• 28th Jul 2014

bit noisey

Abigail's was my first hostel ever. As far as all the inner elements, it is clean, organized, and comfortable. The staff were super friendly and helpful with a sense of humor. We landed way before check-in, but you can leave you're things in the luggage room for free. This is true after you check out as well (which I learned is not the case everywhere. The best part is the location. Right next to Temple Bar for the touristy dining experience, the river, o'connell st, Henry st, everything. Great!

Great spot, accessible, breakfast the next morning was really nice.

Positives: Location, location, location! There is no better location for a hostel in my eyes! The staff was very helpful. Negatives: The beds are quite hard and the pillows are quite flat. But thank god the mattresses weren't plastic covered! The rooms get quite warm during the summer. The en suite bathroom had mould on the ceiling though. I noticed that the cleaning lady takes all the duvets and throws them on the dirty floor before folding them and putting them back for the next person.

Great hostel!!!

This is a great, well run big hostel, I had a bit of a retard moment with the showers but I figured it out eventually

I had a good stay here and there is a nice big kitchen and common room with a tv and the breakfast each morning was great. In the rooms, the bathrooms were cleaned regularly and the beds were good. The biggest issue was security of bags in the rooms because there were no lockers! You could pay for lockers down stairs but this is quite inconvenient and also expensive at 6 pound for a full day.

Service from the receptionist was really good. Rooms were ok. However, the bathrooms in the room were really gross. They only have salt water coming from the taps and shower...I didn't feel clean for the whole time I stayed there.

• 23rd Jul 2014