Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

My experience with Abigails was really good. The hostel was safe and clean and had a good breakfast. Also the staff was nice and helpful. My stay would have been a bit better if there were one more bathroom in my room (I stayed in a female dorm for ten people). But over all my stay at Abigails was really good. Oh, and the location is fantastic!

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Finland

Its very good that they have breakfast included in the price but the rooms and the environment is a bit old and it smells chlorine everywhere

This was my first time staying in a hostel, and I was pleasantly surprised by my experience. My sister and I stayed in the 3 bed female dorm, and we both felt that the place was secure and clean, and we felt very comfortable there. My sister noted that it was way better in cleanliness and security than the hostel that she had stayed at in Barcelona, and she wished that she had heard of A Star Backpackers before. Overall, we were very pleased! Thank you!

• 1st Mar 2015

Had a great stay .just had a glitch with electric which was sorted out. Cold shower one morning .. but great value for money..staff helpful and informative..We travelled for my daughters 21st So Age Range 20/52 ...2 plug sockets per bed..fantastic location

• 27th Feb 2015

Everything you want in a hostel. The best thing about it is the staff - top notch service all round. If you asked me to pick out something negative I would really struggle. Maybe the beds aren't as comfortable as they could be. But im really nitpicking. Great hostel.

Nice staff, average breakfast, best location, good and detailed information about sightseeing/pubs etc. unfortunately shower was cold

• 26th Feb 2015

This was my first hostel experience and I absolutely loved it! The staff was helpful and the rooms were clean. Definitely staying there again real soon!

• 26th Feb 2015

Excellent location, near all the facilities and amazing night life! The beds with personal light and power spots (even usb) is really helpful, staff very friendly. Great breakfast!!! The shower box was dirty but it also depends of the people from your room, not a hostel problem ;).

So nice place to stay. It was my second time in Abigails Hostel

I loved my stay here!! Having a lift was awesome especially as I was on the 4th floor with a massive suitcase Only fault is I was told the airport shuttle left from centre O'connel bridge, but is actually further down, I manag to find it after a while and had plenty of time still

Plus points: good location, easy to find, plenty of free breakfast available (yoghurt, cereal or toast). The staff were friendly. Each bunk has its own plug socket and reading light. Negative points: the mattresses and pillow were really uncomfortable - like thin slabs of foam! Also, there are NO LOCKERS (you can pay for a small private locker in the main communal room). To me, a free locker is an essential and basic part of buying a hostel room. Overall: 3/5.

Everything was exactly as described, when we got there the staff was very friendly and the room was clean. Breakfast was good, and the location was perfect!!

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

Staff were very friendly and helpful! The included breakfast is a fantastic feature of the hostel! Enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to a friend.

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

The shower is amazing.

Overall good hostel. Good Value. I slept in a 12 person dorm facing the street and on the weekends it got relatively loud. But for that price with breakfast can't complain.

If you like frozen shower in the morning, the room 19 is for you! I had a bad night because of 2 Spanish who came back around 1 am and discuss just next to me, and changed her clothes next to me unstead of the bathroom... The joyce of respecteful people...

If you are looking for a hostel with a loud atmosphere and a lot of activity in the common area this is the place for you. Overall it was a nice place. Each bed comes with a place to lock up your bags and the staff was very helpful. It is also extremely well located and within walking distance of all the major sites.

Third time here great value for money. Right in the heart of the city

• 18th Feb 2015

Great!!! The sutuation is amazing!

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Spain

you have to pay for lockers and they are beside the kitchen. busy spot! in the temple bar area which wasnt ideal for me but may be for others left my towel in the room after checking out and called about it before check out time. it was never found and I was the last to leave my room...wasnt too pleased.