Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

I thought I was organised but it turned out I had booked for a day later. Lucky for me there was still room and Evan was very helpful in making my stay possible. Very impressed with customer service and the smaller (4 bed) dorm rooms.

• 16th Dec 2015

It was a really nice hostel, the only thing that is a bit inconvenient is the bathroom. We were staying in this room for 10 girls, but there was only one bathroom with a toilet, sink and shower. It would be better to have a separate toilet and sink. Because now you were not able to go to the toilet if someone was in the shower.

• 15th Dec 2015

Hostel was very clean. I stayed for only two nights and spent more time out of the hostel sightseeing. I stayed in the 12 bed dorm room it was very spacious, clean, and had two toilets and showers. I enjoyed my stay

This is a nice hostel. rooms are clean w towels and linen fresh; spacious, close to entertainment, half minute to O'Connel Bridge, nearby galleries and Moore Street - the place to buy fruit. excellent. In my room were three sinks, two toilets and two showers. showers delightful. On two past visits the showers were highlights, warm water that didn't go cold. Only complaint I had was, as usual again, the music too loud and dominant and got drummed up at breakfast, I'd rather he stood on my toes

The one knock I have on this place is that there are no personal lockers in the rooms. Aside from that it was comfortable and the shower/toilet facilities in the rooms were good. The location is great as it is right around the corner from Temple Bar and a 10 minute walk from the Molly Malone statue which is the meeting spot for a lot of tours. There is also a grocery and souvenir shop right by hostel and a great view of the Liffey, its bridges, and Monument of Light. Breakfast was good too!

The location and security were excellent, very easy to get around and very close to everything in the city. I thought the staff was a bit unfriendly. They were not very welcoming when I entered, checked in, and checked out. I also had difficulty when using my card a couple of times. I would say the hostel asked way too much money for what it offered.

The staff were really friendly, they showed us how to get to where we wanted to go. It was easy to walk every where from the hostel and the other people staying there were very welcoming.

• 10th Dec 2015

The location is great, the staff is great and helpful. The facilities are practical and functional. Even in December the place was hopping. if you are looking to meet people on your travels, it's a great place. Loved it, and would go back in the future. The breakfast isn't much to write home about, but it's free!

• 9th Dec 2015

Abigail's Hostel really stands out from the crowd of hostels in Dublin for the most mundane reason: the bathrooms are really nice. Like, seriously normal hotel-like en-suite bathrooms in the dorms, when most hostels have strange, cold, dirty bathrooms down the hall and up the stairs, where you have to hit the shower water button every fifteen seconds. The larger mixed dorm room had a setup where there were two separate showers and toilets, which means you're never fighting for space. Seriously.

Wonderful place. Large common/dining room with easily accessible kitchen. Wonderful and helpful staff (all of the five or so I saw). Great location. Literally next to the river, bus stops, temple bar, 1 minute walking from two supermarkets and 20 minutes from the club scene. Beds have USB charging ports! No more converters. But some of them seem to not be working. Couldn't get mine on. Dorms themselves have no lockers. Only lockers are in the common room. Public use computers require payment.

This hostel probably has the best location possible, dead centre from all the main sights. Pretty large place and quite comfortable, with a great breakfast!

Excellent hostel in a great location! Right next to the river and in a perfect spot for pubs and restaurants. Room was very clean and the staff were very helpful, especially when trying to cook a pizza after a heavy night in temple bar! Would definitely recommend this hostel.

One of the best hostels I ever stayed in, if in the future I will come back to Dublin Abugails hostel is going to be for sure the place I am going to stay in. The staff is very friendly, loved the system with the keys to transfer from the common area to the rooms area, very secured, the assess to the kitchen and the coffe availability at all the times, comfortable beds and easy assess to the bathrooms.

• 5th Dec 2015
  • Portugal

Lovely stay, only stayed 1 night. Staff very friendly!

• 5th Dec 2015

My stay was very nice and a lot was really good. the only thing I really didn't like was that in my room 45 the window front was on all edges covers with mold. This is not only disgusting but also a real health issues which is not acceptable. Otherwise it is a good hostle, but this has to be taken care of.

• 4th Dec 2015

Great location, but front desk staff was rude while we checked in which left a bad first impression.It was also clear that the room we were in had not been cleaned before we got there. The sheets from the people who stayed before us were still in the room and some other items were left. The days following, however, it was evident that someone came in to clean the bathroom. Breakfast didn't have much to offer, but it was fine. Hot water was almost nonexistent, but overall we enjoyed our stay.

• 4th Dec 2015

I find this hostel very functional. I mean, the location is amazing, every room has an ensuite, every bed has a light and a power point. However, I hate it that we have to make our own beds upon arrival, putting that duvet cover is a pain, especially if you are arriving at night or in a hurry or sleeping on the top bunk. I don't mind bringing it down the next morning though. And lastly, there's nothing personal or friendly about the staff. You won't feel "at home", but it's a bed and a roof.

Good hostel, great location, free breakfast, no complaints at all.

Perfect location in the centre of Dublin, kind and helpfull staff. Definately recommendable.

• 1st Dec 2015
  • Denmark

I only stayed one night, however this hostel provided the perfect location and comfort for me to make the best of the little time I did have in Dublin. The rooms and bathrooms were clean, and the breakfast in the morning is a plus! I loved that it was so close to the heart of Dublin, and (if I had stayed longer) am sure it would have been very easy to navigate through the city and the country with the busses that are close by. If I get back to Dublin, I will for sure be staying here!

• 1st Dec 2015