Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Can't think of anything bad to say about this hostel. Location is great, 5 minute walk from the main bus and rail stations. The staff was friendly and helpful from start to finish, the room and shower were clean. Breakfast was good, exactly as expected, atmosphere relaxed and welcoming. Security good with card keys and doors that lead to bedrooms opened by receptionists.

Wish there had been lockers or any storage place for bags in the dorm. The key system made it difficult if our party had wanted to go out seperately. The kitchen closed rather early and we had a member of staff watch us cook during the last half hour that made it uncomfortable. The individual lights and power supply with the bed was amazing though!

It is very clean, well maintained, location is awesome, and has international atmosphere. The only con is that it lacks lockers in where to safely leave the luggage. Lockers are provided, but they are in the first floor and you have to pay for.

Excellent hostel - great location, good breakfast, friendly staff and clean and secure facilities.

Staff we're very friendly and helpful. My room was very clean and comfortable. I would recommend this place to anyone as it's also in a great location right on the doorstep to temple bar.

• 28th Jul 2014

bit noisey

Abigail's was my first hostel ever. As far as all the inner elements, it is clean, organized, and comfortable. The staff were super friendly and helpful with a sense of humor. We landed way before check-in, but you can leave you're things in the luggage room for free. This is true after you check out as well (which I learned is not the case everywhere. The best part is the location. Right next to Temple Bar for the touristy dining experience, the river, o'connell st, Henry st, everything. Great!

Great spot, accessible, breakfast the next morning was really nice.

Positives: Location, location, location! There is no better location for a hostel in my eyes! The staff was very helpful. Negatives: The beds are quite hard and the pillows are quite flat. But thank god the mattresses weren't plastic covered! The rooms get quite warm during the summer. The en suite bathroom had mould on the ceiling though. I noticed that the cleaning lady takes all the duvets and throws them on the dirty floor before folding them and putting them back for the next person.

Great hostel!!!

This is a great, well run big hostel, I had a bit of a retard moment with the showers but I figured it out eventually

I had a good stay here and there is a nice big kitchen and common room with a tv and the breakfast each morning was great. In the rooms, the bathrooms were cleaned regularly and the beds were good. The biggest issue was security of bags in the rooms because there were no lockers! You could pay for lockers down stairs but this is quite inconvenient and also expensive at 6 pound for a full day.

Service from the receptionist was really good. Rooms were ok. However, the bathrooms in the room were really gross. They only have salt water coming from the taps and shower...I didn't feel clean for the whole time I stayed there.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Super central location, friendly staff, toilet and shower were really clean! I do think that 29 Euros for a night in a not very comfortable bunk bed (3 bed mixed dorm) were a little bit too much for my liking though.

Too much noise in the night of 25 to 26 of july. People on the 3rd floor kept all night going out and comungar in, knocking on doors and shouting.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

Most everything was pretty good, except there didn't appear to be any Gluten-free options for the Breakfasts. When I arrived, I received a less than polite greeting at the Hostel, and didn't really receive any assistance or information about where anything was in the hostel or it's surroundings. The service wasn't terrible, but I was disappointed in the greeting and seeming attitude of apathy when I arrived to check in at the hostel.

A good place to stay.

• 18th Jul 2014

Awesome hostel, everything was good!

Great hostel, will definitely stay here again!

Cleaning staff extremely rude and unfriendly. Everything else was greAt