Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Everytime I stay in Dublin I choose this hostel for its localization. It´s perfect. I must say this time I was a bit disappointed with the room...so many beds and just one bathroom and, the worst, it was blocked... Other thing to think about is the price they charge on weekends...too expensive!

Had a great reception from staffer Marcel. And excellent morning breakfasts!

Loved the atmosphere, helpful & friendly staff, great lobby. The only con is the room was verrrry stuffy and tight. There were 4 bunkbeds in a room that should've held 3 max. It'd be better to put some personal lockers in there instead. I got my straightener stolen from my backpack... that I'd left UNDER MY BED. Really untrustworthy dorm mate, I guess :-/ But personal lockers should be included in the price like most hostels.

• 22nd Jan 2015

I've been there twice, this year we had a dorm for 10 people. It was fine, the only bad thing was that there was only one bathroom. Last year we stayed in a dorm for 12 people, which had 2 toilets and 2 bathrooms and that was perfect.

• 22nd Jan 2015

This was our first stay in a hostel and we had a great experience overall! To be fair, we filled a whole room as a group so we didn't bunk with strangers, but I still feel that we got the hostel experience. Staff was very helpful and very friendly, and I found it comforting that they were close to our age. The room was clean and I really liked that we had our own bathroom, which was pretty clean too. The place had free wifi which was incredibly fast and convenient. Really happy with our choice!

• 22nd Jan 2015

It was a nice stay, the room was very spacious and the staff very friendly. There is internet connection in the rooms

• 20th Jan 2015

Our stay was good as we stayed one night only. The location and the prize was the main leader for our choice. The staff was very nice, also checked us while every entry - I appreciate this. On the other hand, stairs were dirty, doors full of dirt from hands etc.. I also did not like the facilities IN the room - as you want to use bathroom or toilet at night and everybody knows about it. In the one of the two toilets in our room the light did not function. Breakfast was perfect indeed.

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Czech Republic

I definitely would choose again this place for my next trip to Dublin!!

• Mexico

I like the key system. It ensures that you never lock yourself out, since you need to key to close the door. I loved the breakfast, it's everything you need to start your day. I love that you have your own personal socket to charge things on your head board. I stayed in an 8 bed female dorm room, had own bathroom and shower right in the room. I kept my luggage in the room the whole time under the bed with a little lock on my suitcase. I would stay at Abigail's again! and recommend! =)

• 16th Jan 2015

Amazing location, very sweet man who runs it helpful with anything you need! Had a good stay!

• 16th Jan 2015

It was too cold in the common room, the heating was not turned on. But is was a nice stay, the room was very spacious and the staff very friendly.

Really simple and nice place, good atmosphere in the shared rooms. The location is great and the staff really nice and smiling.

• 12th Jan 2015

All in all the stay was ok! I would recommend this hostel if u are not planning on spending too much time there! The room we had was very small for 10 people, there was almost no way to get fresh air in because the windows(2) were very tiny! And the one bathroom situation many have been writing about really is a problem! We were 2 girls traveling and unfortunately our assigned beds were already taken and we had to take beds on opposite sides of the room. Breakfast was really good for a hostel!

This was my second stay at Abigail's Hostel. It is a very convenient and clean place. The staff is very nice! I am very partial to the charges for hairdryers though, they were not wonderful. Yet, overall it is a great place to stay, and I would definitely recommend to others.

The cleanliness wasn't perfect, but it was ok. I wish there were more vegan options at breakfast, always a downer.

Everything was perfect! Nothing could be better. The staff very friendly, the facilities new and clean, the breakfast quite complete... I'm really satisfied with my election!

Abigail's was in a great location in downtown Dublin and felt very safe and secure. The staff was also very helpful.

• 6th Jan 2015

Pretty good hostel! The location is perfect, being near heaps of bars, shops and things to see, yet not noisy. The kitchen was good, and there's a huge common area to chill out in. Met some great people here.

Rooms and especially bathrooms haven't been cleaned thoroughly in 11 days. The rest was nice!!

• 3rd Jan 2015

I definitely recommend Abigails Hostel... best location, right in the heart of Dublin, from there, you can walk to almost everywhere. Great staff, ensuite dorms, nice and free breakfast!!

• 3rd Jan 2015