Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

We where eight people in a small room with one combined toilet/shower/bathtub. It was of course very hot. The toilet did not work for most of our stay, and the toilet door seamed to be damaged. The beds where good, and came with sheet's and individual power outlets as well as USB power outlets. The staff was friendly, but not much more than what I expect for a hostel in that price range. There where no closet for clothes or valuables, but there where deposit boxes in the common area for a fee.

I like this hostel. It's quiet during night. Room is warm and clean. Bathroom is OK. Kitchen provides enough stuffs for my cooking. Security is good. Breakfast id good as well. Only thing is the staff. Normally they are very nice, but I don't know why this time they seemed to be not so enthusiastic. Maybe they were too tired with guests, but I hope a better attitude for my next stay.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Vietnam

It was a nice place to stay and the staff was really nice to me and were really good informed about the city and all the travel related questions. The Check-In was always manned and really nice!

• 19th Jun 2014

For the rooms that can accommodate 10 people, it would be nice if there could be at least 2 bathrooms, as it made it slightly difficult to fit in showers for my group. Other than that, our stay was lovely and we will highly recommend your establishment to other American youth groups who may find themselves going to Dublin.

• 18th Jun 2014

The location is excellent, the rooms and bathrooms were relatively clean.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

This was the best hostel I stayed at during my 2 week road trip in ireland. It was even better than 2 of my hotels. 1 B

• 17th Jun 2014

I love the location of this hostel!!!! It it right on the edge of Temple Bar, but is not quite in the middle of it like some of the other hostels. So the result is that you have literally a minute walk to some of the best pubs in town, but the hostel is on a more quiet street! Also, the hostel is ON the Liffey river! so cool. Great breakfast. Amazing location. Bus stops right in front and there is a grocery store just 2 buildings down! I loved this hostel!

A very nice hostel, but the cleanliness was much below average. I stayed there for a week and didn't notice the room getting cleaned once. They took out the garbage but that was it. Quite a bit of dust everywhere - not good for my allergies. Everything else was very nice: friendly staff, great breakfast, all facilities were there.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Finland

The staff offer great recommendations that are truthful rather than based on who is paying them to advertise certain services. I liked the Temple Bar area but it would have been useful to know there are less expensive places that are also good to go for a drink. The breakfast was only thing that let the hostel down I thought as it seemed tacky. Otherwise it's a great place!

• 16th Jun 2014

Room was clean, bathroom felt particularly cleaner than I expected. Bedding was given to you upon check-in, so it was good to know it was clean, but it looked very worn from being washed a lot.

• 14th Jun 2014

Nice personel!

• 13th Jun 2014

I really enjoyed the short stay and the staff was great. The bathroom and shower were quite small and a hook or shelf to hang clothes would be really nice. I don't want to put everything on the floor while I'm showering.

• 12th Jun 2014

The cleanliness is not so good, I think they should improve this aspect related with the room, the common areas was really cleaning. The room was not refrigerated, it were very hot inside, not so good to sleep, I booked a female room for 10. And I should say that the breakfast was the best in all my trip, really good.

This hostel is in a pretty good location, quite close to Temple Bar and the main strip of Dublin. The cleanliness is about what you would expect from a hostel, with the bathrooms a bit rough. Beds comfortable, bed lights and plugs on each bed were a good extra! The main common room feels quite antisocial. Its like a school cafeteria setup which felt like everyone was quite distant from one another. If you want to be social, I would give this place a miss.

Excellent location. Has a kitchen and a free breakfast. It's a huge hostel. I only stayed there for one night, but my dorm room smelled kind of funky and the carpeted floors were damp... also some of the lights in the showers and toilet rooms didn't work. It's livable, but if I were going to stay there for more than a night I might recommend opting for a smaller room, it seemed like the facilities in 8 bd or fewer dorms were nicer.

after initial confusion about lockers which got sorted out i cant fault it.Staff very friendly and helpful.Really appreciated the lift,and liked openplan kitchen/dining/lounge on ground floor,light airy colourful.Women in dorm really respectful of noise and lights.Ensuite bathroom clean,shower good.Only thing to improve would be more ventilation in dorm on such hot muggy night.Location brilliant.Safe to go out at night as solo traveller.By the lovely Liffey and music of Temple Bar. will return!

• 12th Jun 2014

Nice location. Staff were pretty helpful and nice. The lockers are at the common area and you have to pay for either 6 hrs or 24 hrs (from what I can remember). They come in 2 sizes, big and small. Small one for 6 hrs costs €1.50. When I was there, there weren't always available ones for rent.

The hostel is ok if you're looking to stay for a couple of nights. Every thing looks, old and dirty, the are strange smells, the beds are too small. The breakfast is good. The carpets are dirty. The storage room is aweful, full of dust and dirt. I dont know if it was the location but I saw too fights and too many drunks just outside the hostel'de entrance. Again, It's ok but i would look for something else next time.

This hostel is in a great location and has a great open area for hanging out and eating. The included breakfast includes bread, yogurt, and fruit. The rooms are relatively clean and the bathrooms are cleaned daily. It is very easy to get to and accessible.

Staff helpful and friendly. Breakfast is the best I have ever had at a hostel. Yoghurt, toast, cereal, boiled eggs, fruit, juices and coffee/tea. Located right in temple bar and within walking distance to all attractions and airport bus