Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Front desk staff helpful and accommodating. Could not ask for better.

Had a great stay.facilities were clean. Great location Only hard thing as a solo traveller was meeting people as most people were travelling in groups Thanks

Excellent value almost on Trinity College's doorstep - ideal place to use as a dorm while working at the Uni - STAFF VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL! Thanks!

I had a perfect stay at Abigails Hostel. The Location is near to the most important sights and to the Train Station, safe, well equipped and everyone ist very friendly. Will defenitely recommend it to friends and stay there when visting Dublin again!

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Austria

Beds aren't confortable at all, the restroom is old and looks dirty, the shower didn't work well. The staff were nice but I had to wait for a long time until the receptionist opened the door at night cause he didn't realize that the interphone was disconected or sth like that. Nice breakfast and the best location you can find.

The best hostel I've stayed at so far. The facilities where great and the atmosphere was very friendly.

The location, price and staff were great! It was in the middle of town and really close to everything and the staff were helpful with finding places around town and getting to the airport at 5am. One of the best hostels we have stayed at!

Gluten Free breakfast wasn't avaiable even after request by e-mail, in check in time and at the night before. Was quite desapointed understand that the hostel didn't have facilities to gluten free breakfast. Was bought a box of gluten free cereals in the breakfast time. Nothing more was prepared.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Portugal

The facility was fair. When we arrived I had to unmake the bed from the previous nights guest and then make the bed up with fresh linens. When I complained about having to clean up someone elses mess, they thought I had undone someone's bed that was occupying the room. I explained that the other guest was in the room and told us that the person had left at 4 am and not removed the bedding. You would think they would check when people have turned in their bedding or not. The breakfast was poor.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Had the best few days here! me and 7 friends came to stay for a girls trip away! location was perfect for going out by temple bar and we were able to walk to locations for day trips such as the zoo and Guinness factory! The staff were amazing, always helpful and breakfast gave a variety of choice for everyone! Couldn't recommend this hostel more!!

• 23rd Apr 2015

Abigails has a great atmosphere, the rooms were clean. I really liked that they gave you the linen upon arrival so you know you're getting clean linen. Staff were great and helpful. I didn't want to leave. I'll definitely stay at Abigails next time I visit.

• Philippines

Overall good hostel, I do wish that there were common bathrooms in the halls. 12 girls using 1 shower is a recipe for disaster.

The best youth hostel in the center of Dublin. I been there many times and never disappoints! Abigails remains my personal benchmark for every weekend in the city. 10++++++

Very well located, comfortable hostel. Every bed has a board with USB and regular power outlets, plus a reading light. This was super convenient. I stayed in a 12 bed mixed and a 6 bed female only room and definitely preferred the latter. There's a decent array of food to choose from for the included breakfast and the common room is big and comfortable. Lockers in the rooms would be good, but they are available in the common room, albeit at a slightly high price.

I stayed for six nights in a 8-bed ensuite room. The room is big and bathroom is big and clean. The USB charger on the bed are excellent, but one of them in my room were not working. Internet access was poor because sometimes it does not work inside the room. Breakfast ok! I suggest some lockers inside the room. In general, my stay was very good!

• 22nd Apr 2015

I think there are not enough tables for breakfast; difficult to find a place to stay with children (I’m a family). Again for family, but also for a group, we have found a big taxi (till 8 people) at 23€ to go to the Dublin airport. Not indicated in reception, only bus at 6€/person more expensive and less easy with baggages. Otherwise all is perfect.

• 22nd Apr 2015

Great location, close to temple bar and quite at night. The breakfast was small but good and rooms were real clean. There was always someone at the front desk who kept an eye on people coming and going. Over all a nice hostel.

Great location. Most staff were friendly and helpful. The electrical outlets above the beds are very convenient.The included breakfast is decent. The lockers are only downstairs and are kind of expensive.

My stay at Abigail's Hostel was fair. For the price I paid, I did not have high expectations for the hostel. The beds came with a small shelf to place your personal belongings along with USB ports and a small light which was very nice. Breakfast was simple (cereal, toast, fruits, yogurt, coffee). The atmosphere was sub par during my stay; however, many of the people who were at the hostel were already in large groups so I didn't have much of a social time there. Overall, my stay was average.

• 20th Apr 2015

only spent there half a night, so couldn't really enjoy the atmosphere. my flight was very early in the morning, but there was a delay of the shuttle service so we had to take a taxi...fortunately we were 4 people, so the price was the sameas the shuttle. for the rest everything very good.

• 20th Apr 2015