Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Really nice, fun hostel in a good location in Dublin. Staff were helpful and the pub crawl was a blast!The breakfast was also a great bonus.

The most outstanding feature for us was the helpfulness of the staff. They bent over backwards to help solve a misunderstanding error on my part ie children/adults mix. We had a fantastic stay and everything was first class from initial welcome to accommodation, facilities to breakfast. Highly recommended. Many thanks to the guys in reception.

• 1st Jul 2015

Hostel was the best we've stayed in. Very quiet and clean. Staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. Shower was cold but refreshing. Roomies were great. Enjoyed our stay!

• 1st Jul 2015

Extremely informative, hard-working, and informative staff. We were really impressed with them. The cost of renting a locker really takes away from the overall value of the place, however. There are however, less secure places to store your items. Breakfast was certainly not perfect, but much better than average for a hostel. (A milk alternative would help) Overall, a very good place to stay on a budget and is central to a lot of great sites you will probably want to see in downtown Dublin.

Great location! Right at the river, in Temple Bar, but without the noise one might expect. Lovely staff, and very clean facility. Our late arrival was no problem, and we had a great time exploring the city.

The facilities are great-- a really nice lounge downstairs with comfy couches and TVs. The breakfast is more extensive than what's offered at most hostels-- there's coffee, hot cocoa, cereal, eggs, yoghurt, &more. There's a bathroom attached to the bedroom, which is nice, though there are no individual lockers in the room, which isn't ideal. Still, the location is perfect-- right on the Liffey and walking distance to bars and clubs. The staff is super friendly & helpful. Connor was so nice!

VERY noisy room....the 3 bed room was located on floor one next to the street noise which continued all day and all night. No sleep!

Abigail's is great for your $, location right in the heart of the town and close to everything! Only a short bus ride away from the Jameson and Guinness factories. Breakfast is okay, staff is very helpful and knowledgable. Rooms are cleaned every day, but the walls need to be washed. The rooms look like my great grandmas apartment, but hey who didn't love the 80's right?! The beds are good, but I would suggest bringing an extra pillow because the ones provided are very thin. I would recommend!

Great value for money except wifi only worked in the common room.

• 27th Jun 2015

Great hostel. Great location! Temple bar area just around the corner. Nice, friendly staff!

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Russia

This hostel is in the best location with temple bar a 30 second walk! Very friendly and helpful staff. I was even provided with vegan options for my breakfast. Fantastic!

Hostel is good for couple nights stay. Located in a very centre with breakfasta included is very convenient. Staff was nice and helpfull.

Was an excellent place to stay employees we very friendly and gave great recommendation on what to do in the city

• 25th Jun 2015

The staff was friendly and super helpful in day tours and cool places in Dublin. The staff suggested O'Neils pub around the corner for food, music, and a good selection of beer. O'Neil's pub set the tone for my entire trip. There was traditional Irish music with traditional Irish dancers. What an awesome place!!

We stayed in a 6 person girls only room and had a wonderful time. We met some great people and the atmosphere of the hostel was very welcoming. Rooms were clean and I really liked the central location to temple bar. Was a bit loud in the early evening, but everyone was very respectful after about 11 pm for quiet. Breakfast was good and staff were exceptional. I would highly recommend this hostel!

First time that I really felt in a hostel atmosphere. People from all over the world, very friendly and in good mood. Pretty noisy in general, but what hostel isn't it? Everyone in my 10 people room were very polite and nice. No lockers in the room, but no problems with this. Toilets and showers inside the room and working properly. Heard some negative comments before get there, but I left the hostel with a very good impression.

Located pretty close to the temple bar, this is the ideal place to stay if you are just looking for a place to spend a night post partying/sightseesightseeing.

Pretty good experience here. Staff were nice and helpful, with recommendations of where to go and what to see. Location was great, close to everything and easy to find. Wish breakfast had been more than fruit, toast and cereal. Bathrooms were new and clean. No lockers in the dorms. Mattresses were awful, hard as rocks and I had trouble getting comfortable, but that's the only serious complaint I had.

Amazing night. I also got to meet other young people like myself and my room was right across from the River. Really Nice.

• 20th Jun 2015

We stayed in a room on the side of the street, and the noise levels made it very difficult to have a good rest.