Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Good hostel, friendly receptionists, good environment and good price.

Brilliant place to stay however youneed to go out and about experience asocial scene

The shower was scalding hot, and one of only two lights in the room was broken, but other than that the room was spacious and it's a great location.

nice hostel. clean and spacious. lovely common area and right in the heart of where you need to be to enjoy a stay in dublin. staff where very friendly and helpful and will give you plenty tips on where to eat and drink well without paying over the odds. would definately stay again.

So far, the best Youth Hostel I've been to!

• 10th Aug 2014

This is definitely my favorite hostel: it has a great location, for buses and places of interest, and no noisy pubs downstairs or nearby. The only thing I would like is to have a locker or a cage, to put my suitcase in, in the room. There are lockers, but these are placed in the general area. Also, I loved to be able to leave my suitcase and bags when I needed it. These guys are terrific!

Lovely staff and great atmosphere! We were made to feel right at home! 😊

It was a bit noisy at night/early morning but solid option

We stayed as a family, 3 adults and 2 children. Staff were friendly, the room was clean and breakfast was good. What more could you want!

Lockers cost 4 Euro per 24 hours (It's very hard to find this information on line). Our stay was unfortunately let down by a case of food poisoning we think we contracted from the kitchen at the hostel. I prepared a meal there and even though I cleaned all the equipment I used before I used it we were very ill the next day. My main issue is with the state of the chopping boards in the kitchen; they smelt terrible and were covered in flies. The staff very very friendly and helpful.

• 7th Aug 2014

Would recommend, was better than I expected in all aspects x

• 7th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Staff very helpful. Good security for bikes. Unbelievably good value

• 6th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

It is my favorite hostel in Dublin. Very close to the center, modern and the staff is great. AND never waste your time fighting for an electrical outlet, every bed has usb and electrical outlet plus a light!

This hostel couldn't have a better location: it's just a few meters to Temple Bar. If you are considering in having fun at night in Dublin, that is definitely something you have to consider. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast is included. The cleanliness is very good. I just missed the private lockers in the room. As the beds are made of steel, it's easy to solve adapting/welding two drawers under each bed.

Sorry not to stay with you beacause my young child under 18 years old, so I should move another hostel. Anyway you were so kind and good arrange your guest all the time. Thanks~~

Abigail's was in a great location! Basically in the temple bar area! Wish there was lockers in the rooms though!

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in in Europe. Its location is unbeatable. The staff was kind and very helpful. Keep up the good work !!!

Not the most secure hostel, but better than some. Best free hostel breakfast.

Thanks for a great stay in Dublin!!

For my entire stay at this hostel, I was harassed by another guest who followed me for hours asking me about Jesus, requesting I take him to America, and trying to read my private information off my computer accounts. On my third day he became aggressive and demanded I give him money so I reported him to the staff and found out this man had been BANNED from other hostels and other guests here had ALREADY complained about him. I am extremely angry the hostel let him in to harass their guests.

hi rebekah as soon as this ws reported to us we asked the guest to leave, it was only then when we were notifing other hostels that it was brought to our attention that they had the same problem with him.