Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Abigail's was in a great location! Basically in the temple bar area! Wish there was lockers in the rooms though!

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in in Europe. Its location is unbeatable. The staff was kind and very helpful. Keep up the good work !!!

Not the most secure hostel, but better than some. Best free hostel breakfast.

Thanks for a great stay in Dublin!!

For my entire stay at this hostel, I was harassed by another guest who followed me for hours asking me about Jesus, requesting I take him to America, and trying to read my private information off my computer accounts. On my third day he became aggressive and demanded I give him money so I reported him to the staff and found out this man had been BANNED from other hostels and other guests here had ALREADY complained about him. I am extremely angry the hostel let him in to harass their guests.

hi rebekah as soon as this ws reported to us we asked the guest to leave, it was only then when we were notifing other hostels that it was brought to our attention that they had the same problem with him.

Did not expect to make a bed myself for the payment charged! Kitchen was small and not all that clean.

Good spot, one block from Temple Bar. Facilites are good, large common area with good internet.

I was assigned to a 3 bed female dorm with toilet on 1 Aug 2014. When I came in, the bedsheet and pillow cases were not removed by the previous user or housekeeping. Our room was next to the road and in order for air to come in, the window was not closed. Very cold and very noisy as you can hear people talking in the street the whole night. Room looks and smells old. No outlets, only extensions.

Second time in Dublin and I stayed at Abbey court the first time witch was good ,but I decided to try somthing different and I stayed here at Abigail's hostel with my brother and my two friends. We had an 8 bedroom and it was perfectly fine the people were realy nice . The staff was friendly and helpful , and the pub crawl I recommend that it was awsome , sandman pub crawl. The pub crawl leaders we're awsome aswell. Great second time In Dublin , stay here great location :)

nice design, modern and freeky, very friendly stuff, good location, i would come again and recommend the hostel

• 31st Jul 2014

As my first hostel stay, it was great! Clean rooms, comfy beds, good bathrooms, friendly staff, great internet, and personal charging station for each bed (USB ports too for the converter-less). Location is great right by Temple Bar, the river and o'connell st. I would stay again in a heartbeat. Security was good but didn't really need it because everyone was pretty cool about personal stuff so we never even rented lockers. You can leave luggage after checkout, too. Well done

The location is great, right on the temple bar area. I would recommend it for groups travelling but maybe not for solo travellers like myself - it kind of lacked a social atmosphere and I struggled a bit to meet people. However the hostel had great facilities and security and a really cool room downstairs so if you're travelling with friends it would be really good.

Can't think of anything bad to say about this hostel. Location is great, 5 minute walk from the main bus and rail stations. The staff was friendly and helpful from start to finish, the room and shower were clean. Breakfast was good, exactly as expected, atmosphere relaxed and welcoming. Security good with card keys and doors that lead to bedrooms opened by receptionists.

Wish there had been lockers or any storage place for bags in the dorm. The key system made it difficult if our party had wanted to go out seperately. The kitchen closed rather early and we had a member of staff watch us cook during the last half hour that made it uncomfortable. The individual lights and power supply with the bed was amazing though!

It is very clean, well maintained, location is awesome, and has international atmosphere. The only con is that it lacks lockers in where to safely leave the luggage. Lockers are provided, but they are in the first floor and you have to pay for.

Excellent hostel - great location, good breakfast, friendly staff and clean and secure facilities.

Staff we're very friendly and helpful. My room was very clean and comfortable. I would recommend this place to anyone as it's also in a great location right on the doorstep to temple bar.

• 28th Jul 2014

bit noisey

Abigail's was my first hostel ever. As far as all the inner elements, it is clean, organized, and comfortable. The staff were super friendly and helpful with a sense of humor. We landed way before check-in, but you can leave you're things in the luggage room for free. This is true after you check out as well (which I learned is not the case everywhere. The best part is the location. Right next to Temple Bar for the touristy dining experience, the river, o'connell st, Henry st, everything. Great!

Great spot, accessible, breakfast the next morning was really nice.