Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

I stayed here one night in a 3 bedroom dorm. Nice and quiet. Great location, very close to Temple Bar area. Free breakfast had reasonable variety. Overall a nice place to stay.

Whenever I visit Dublin I always stay here! You can not beat the location, just steps away from Temple Bar. Big community room to meet other travels. Highly recommend this hostel!

Great stay, very clean, great facilities, lovely and very helpful staff

• 30th May 2015

I had an excellent stay in Abigails Hostel. Perfect location, affordable prices including breakfast. The staff members were really nice and the room was clean and with an "en suite" bathroom.

• 30th May 2015

Pretty good hostel in a great location. The breakfast was alright but fresh instead of canned fruit would have been nice. The only complaint I had was that when I went to go get a towel at 9am, they had ran out and said they wouldn't have any more for 45 minutes when check out was at 10. The girl at the desk was not very nice about and didn't offer any alternatives.

Facilities were good, but the outlets on my bed weren't connected so I had to use the outlets on a different bed. Atmosphere was good and shower was better than most hostels. Relatively quite despite being very close to downtown. Would recommend.

Great location right next to the Temple Bar area. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly

Beds were very uncomfortable - we could feel every spring and left sore, bruised and sleepless as a result! The wifi did not work in the room we stayed in. Reported to staff and was assured that it would be fixed, but nothing was done. Shower early as hot water runs out. In all other respects, it's a typical hostel.

• 27th May 2015

Great location, every thought its on a pretty busy street i didn't even hear much at night. I liked that they gave us towels too. The breakfast was okay,but the hard boiled eggs were nice. I was suppose to be in a 3 bed dorm with my aunt who i was travelling with however they put us in 2 separate 3 bed rooms, which wasn't a big deal cause we were only there for one night but just to warn anyone, they said that you should call a week before to assure you're in the same room together.

I loved Abigail's. Everything about this hostel was great. I will always recommend it!

Worst wifi ever. Wifi only worked in lobby and stairwell. But, the room (I was in a 3-bed with bathroom) was excellent. So clean, comfortable, and nice. Clean shower, friendly staff, awesome breakfast, great location. Only issue was the wifi.

The curtain in the shower could be a newer one.

• 26th May 2015

Great location. The staff were friendly and helpful (the guy who was working the night shift was great and really helpful when we got in late and the key card didn't work).

Excellent location and well run Hostel in the centre of Dublin.

• 26th May 2015

Nice location with a great view from my room. The ensuite bathroom is clean. It is very convenient for going out in Dublin. And once again thanks you all again :)

Three of us were traveling together, myself, my husband and our 84 year old friend who had never been to Ireland. I picked Abigail's because of its location and that it had a lift. I'd stay again because of its location, its security, the big common room, lockers, decent breakfast, not bad rooms (I've been in smaller!), and the helpfulness of the staff.

• 25th May 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Possibly the best hostel we have stayed at during our gap year. It's very clean and the facilities are great! The kitchen is awesome, best we have had in a hostel. Wifi is great and there is a big common room you can sit in with comfy couches. The breakfast was really good! Again, best we have had at a hostel. The location couldn't be better. Loved our stay here! Would come back for sure.

Lockers in the rooms would have been nice.

We have been staying for six nights. Amazing experience! It is clean and friendly. If you have some problem the staff is ready to help you. Maybe we ll came back. Enjoy! 😉

Abigail hostel may want to consider offering a few washing machine for us to ease our trouble. Saw a few room mate refreshing their clothing instead of sending it for laundry which is few mins across the street.