Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Good hostel apart from two things. 1. The staff on reception are definitely not suited to work in hospitality, the tall guy with glasses went out of his way to be obnoxious 2. Not having assigned beds in the dorm led to massive confusion every time a new guest arrived. Nobody knew which bed was free. House keeping would also benefit from bed numbers as I returned after a day out to find my bed had been stripped and my towel which was left on the bed removed.

It was amazing stay there!

• 25th Oct 2014

Best price/quality, perfect!

• 24th Oct 2014

Good location, clean a internet without problems

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Czech Republic

Overall, I'd have to say that Abigails was underwhelming. I gave it good marks on its location, because it's situated right near the center of the city with Temple Bar directly behind it - many other hot spots like the National Leprechaun Museum, Wax Museum, Christ's Church, and St. Pat's are all within easy walking distance. Kudos to that!

Good as usual, a bit funny that I didn't get a room key and had to rely on my roommates

The rooms grossed me out a bit. They didn't go out of their way to at least make our beds. Someone had left their comforters there and we had to clean it up. There were a couple of old guys hanging out at the lounge. The front desk never asked nor gave us security cards. The staff were nice and helped us out in terms of directions and things like that. It wasn't the greatest hostel experience but it could have been better. Also breakfast sucked, the kitchen ladies were a bit rude.

• 20th Oct 2014

Great hostel, right in middle of where you want to be. A guy threw up on me in my sleep at 3am which unfortunately did spoil the stay slightly but the hostel can't be criticised! I would say if you want a proper nights good sleep don't go in a big dorm though, lots of people in and out through the night. Really easy to find the hostel from where the bus drops you from the airport

Awesome staff and the hostel had many great amenities for the price

• 19th Oct 2014

I only stayed one night at Abigails as I was only in Dublin as a stopover before London. The location of the hostel was perfect- super close to Galway and airport shuttles, Temple Bar and shops. Room size was adequate, mixed dorm included farting boys and lights being switched on and off between 2-4am, but this could happen anywhere. Included brekky was basic, but good. Would probably stay again.

• 18th Oct 2014

The best part about Abigails Hostel is it's location. It's right on the river and it's only a five minute walk from Temple Bar. Dublin is a very walkable city to begin with, but having a hostel so centrally located was super convenient.

The 12 Bed dorm was not pleasant. I only stayed two nights, but the room did not appear to be cleaned in that time (shower and toliets- gross!) The male staff were very friendly and helpful, but the two female staff I encountered were quite rude, and didn't try to help in the slightest- they appeared to be put out by me even asking a question.

• 17th Oct 2014

WORST HOSTEL EVER !!! I got there and my bed was covered in nails with a hammer and soap, the next day i was awoken by a nasty cleaning lady demanding i get up and my reservation was up when i had 3 more days, and i came back to all of my stuff thrown in a corner on the other side of the room by a made where my souvenir glass broke ! Upon disgust i emailed Abigail's and what do you know they could not even find the time to answer my email ! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE !!!

Staff was excellent. Location was excellent.

The location of the hostel is absolutely great! You're very close to the center and all the 'buzz', but yet you're not in the middle of it. The breakfast was so-so, but still good enough for the total price you're paying.

• 16th Oct 2014

el hostel esta muy bien, situado en todo el centro de dublin. lo mejor es la hubicaci'on. el desayuno esta muy bien. lo que veo que le falta es que al compartir habitacion con mas gente deberian tener consignas en las habitaciones para obtener un poco mas de seguracion con las pertenencias.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Spain

the shower didn´t have enough hot water so I was having shower with a bit cold water, and few toilets, but all rest, excellent, thank you!!

Well located close to the principal avenue in Dublin, most of staff are friendly, but some was little rude the way they talk ( in special the girl of the reception) I stayed for 4 nights and never needed ask to unlock the door to go upstairs and in my last day, she was rude saying "you don't see the sign at the door, ask me to unlock the door" that was rude!!!! Also they thrown my food in the bin and I had my name, my room number and my date of staying!!! That was horrible!!!!

• 13th Oct 2014

Great hostel!!!

Great people there! Beautiful and helpful staff!! I was astonihed at the seeing of a specially designed for glass bin. It was full of cardboards (pizzas) and tins. There were a few very rude women shouting and burping late at night! God forgive them! That...I didn't like. Fare price, God bless you all. Please, follow mw in facebook. Thanks a lot. Alica Riesco Chueca