Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

The location is really good, staff is friendly and breakfast is good. I would prefer that it had lockers in the bedroom though.

I stood here from December 29th to January 3rd.If the location is excellent and the prices are cheap, you get relatively poor facilities.

• 1st Jan 2015

Generally a good hostel though didn't really have any unique offering to stand out from your average place. Liked: The staff were very helpful. Disliked: putting your own bed sheets on and take off (made me question what service they are even providing when most of hostels manage this whether by paid staff or working for accommodation guests... not to mention someone folds the duvet and pillow anyway so putting sheets on would not be too big a leap). Also paying for high tech lockers... why?

We loved our stay there!

Good location. Rooms not very clean and cleaner left the door ajar twice while we were out but overall a very good hostel with friendly staff and great value for money

Old rooms, can hear noise from all other rooms and hallway, average bathrooms Good that each bed has its own light and powerpoint, breakfast standard but sufficient, location pretty good.

Really well located hostel, noisy in the rooms because of the bathroom inside the rooms.

This is a BUDGET hostel which means basic. That being said it was clean and comfortable and totally did the job for a short stay. Very inexpensive with breakfast included :)

No lockers in rooms, mouldy carpet, and heater only running late at night, so room is cold through the day. Common area feels like a hospital reception and the staff would prefer to play cards then help guest. They also had a strange method for controlling room keys. On a postive note, good value breakfast included, boiled eggs, fruit, cereal, tea, coffee, juice, and the location can't get more convenient.

Great hostel and great chilled atmosphere in the lobby

Excellent place to chill, good common area with plenty of seating and relatively quiet

• 27th Dec 2014

Overall great staff, usually hostels have lockers so it was a little uneasy when I got there and couldn't secure it but I didn't have any problems. Also kind of a pain that you had to pay for a towel, but was only a euro so not horrible. Very clean bathrooms and friendly staff!

• 20th Dec 2014

Clean hostel very well located. The staff is nice. We had an amazing stay in Dublin!

I've been there for two days and it was very pleasant, great staff, perfect location and good beds with private sockets to charge phones and cameras. Highly recommend it.

Amazing value for the money. Large rooms, nice bathroom/shower, decent complimentary breakfast... I was very pleased with my stay. One thing I I find I like in a hostel is when the bed have curtains to sort of close yourself off, but I fixed this by hanging the comforter cover up by tucking it into the top bunk. That is probably my only complaint.

The location was great, right on the river and less than 5 minutes to walk to the Temple Bar district. The free breakfast was good and the room was basic, but pretty good. The only issue we had was my friends bed linens she was issued had hair all over them and were stained. She took them to the front desk and they told her they had just been washed. She insisted on new sheets, which they eventually gave to her. It seemed that some of the desk attendants were nicer than others. Would stay again.

Good location, near the city centre.

It was fantastic! So cheap! Especially when you get free internet and breakfast! :)

• 15th Dec 2014

Didn't stay in the end but I lived in Dublin and know it's a grand hostel to stay at. Close to temple bar and the heart of Dublin

I like how you have many options on what kind of room you want. It's nice to pick if you want to be in a room with 8 people or just 3.

• 13th Dec 2014