Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

I think the Common area is missing tables, I could not eat because all the tables were bussy

Cons: Beds are uncomfortable. Pillows are old and thin. You can't sit up in the bottom bunk. Hostel is huge with one tiny kitchen and one disorganized fridge. Common area is loud. Bathroom was filthy. Lots of traffic noise. No lockers. Wifi is spotty. Pros: Location. Supermarket right down the street. USB outlets, regular outlets, and reading lights at every bed. Friendly staff. Elevator.

Wow! What an amazing hostel! No complaints whatsoever! The best hostel I have ever stayed in! Extremely spacious, ideal location, staff very helpful and polite - 10 out of 10!!! Thank you and if I am lucky enough to come back to Dublin I am sure to stay here again! Highly Recommended! - Carley from New Zealand:)

• 26th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

There's not a lot of commons areas, but the rooms and the staffs are really great. It's near by the center wich is pratictal.

We were very pleased with our stay at Abigail's. Having arrived there at 7.30am and check in not until 2pm we were made to feel very welcome to the free breakfast & use of all facilities until our room was ready. It made our overnight journey very easy to deal with The staff were very helpful.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Not much security at night

• 24th Jul 2015

Pretty standard hostel; you get what you pay for. Clean enough, decent breakfast (cereal, yogurt, fruit, hardboiled eggs, coffee, OJ) and polite staff. Each bed (in the six-bed dorms, at least) has its own small reading light and electricity plugs. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper, though! Hallways carry sound into rooms too well - not the best feature when drunk college kids stumble in at 3 a.m. Location is pretty perfect: easy to get to buses or the DART, as well as Temple Bar area.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Great Hostel! This is the third time I've stayed here. The location is excellent, the staff are friendly and the rooms are clean. I've definitely stay here again.

• 21st Jul 2015

Loved the small room (two single beds, one double, only three women) and the fact that it wasn't a bunk bed. The bed was quite comfortable, and I did not feel weird despite being old enough to be the mother of most hostel guests. Great location, website gives perfect, explicit directions on how to get there. The staff did everything asked of them with a smile, including putting my laptop in a taxi when I forgot to get it out of my locker. I would have missed my flight without that.

• 20th Jul 2015

It was a good hostel in that it served your basic needs well, such as an en suite bathroom and included breakfast. I particularly liked the light and power strip with outlets and USB ports for each bed. The best thing about this place was the location.

Only paid lockers in the lobby, get some in to the rooms that you can put your own padlock.

• 19th Jul 2015
  • Finland

Establishing a good location, close to Temple Bar. Very well secured, no apprehension with children. Excellent breakfast.

• 19th Jul 2015

Not much to fault, overall a good stay. A few extra spread varieties at breakfast would be good though!

I was surprised as this Hostel is highly rated. The common area doesn't have a great vibe people sitting alone swigging back bottles of wine to themselves on the run down IKEA furniture under the stark lighting.Some crazy old man sleeping and yelling things. The staff who work during the day were helpful. unfortunately the gentlemen working during the night was not willing to give any help whatsoever. Checking in with him made me feel like I was a complete nuisance. Rooms clean fairly standard.

Awesome and friendly staff. Extremely helpful!!! Very good location also.

really smelly, bedding very old, did not feel clean. compared to other hostels in Dublin not very good value for money.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Albania

The staff are really great, the hostel is better than what you pay for in my opinion. Good breakfast, good location, the rooms are a bit old looking but the bathrooms are renovated and overall we had a great stay here.

Very good 👍

• 16th Jul 2015

Great location and friendly staff. Good breakfast and the elevator always worked. The only issue was a menstrual stain on one of the blankets in our 2 bed private dorm. The stain wasn't on the outer duvet covering that they wash, it was on the interior duvet part that they don't wash. Other than that the place was clean and mostly quiet.

Great place to stay. Great location and helpful staff. Nice rooms too.