Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

The guys at the front desk were not only friendly, but patient and answered all of my questions and concerns. They drew me several maps, gave me great recommendations and did a fantastic job, one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at.

Central location. Big and clean rooms, with no lockers. Good breakfast. However, there was an external problem with the electricity and water supply, and I couldn't get the staff to provide my room with a heater that actually worked.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Argentina

Found the staff to be very professional and attentive in what must have been a difficult time - there was an external problem which affected the water and electricity, and the entire process was dealt with as best as possible. Very impressed. Also found facilities and atmosphere very good. Friendliest hostel I've stayed in.

• 30th Jan 2015

Room doors are a bit light so noise from corredor can be a little annoying to some. Anyway it's a good habit to take earplug for your trip. Staff is nice, breakfast ok, egg and jogurt appreciated beside the usual cereal and jam.

We really enjoyed the stay. Good breakfast. Nice service from the employees. Well located in the city. There was no locker in the rooms and I don't like that. Also, there was no water in the morning so we couldn't shower, but it was a district problem. Anyways, it was good!

The staff was always helpful but during a situation that was out of their control, management didn't do enough. We had no water, electric, or heat. We noticed the water first, and only when we complained, did they tell us about it, the three days we were there, a generator was put in for water, but still, we had no heat and there was no lift for all of the travelers lugging their things around. We were freezing all night and they knew we wouldn't have heat but didn't warn anyone.

I liked it for the most part but we did have to go a day without running water. Plus there were no numbers on beds so it was hard to tell if we took someone's bed

• 28th Jan 2015

Very good hostel. Pros Plugs above beds Great wifi everywhere Kitchen Free breakfast (eggs and yoghurt included) Cons Have to make own bed

Excellent hostel.

Beside its good location, everything else was just poor about this hostel. Both room and common areas was dirty and used up. When we got there, the elevator was not working, the paid lockers were out of order, they didn't have any towels to rent... staff was not very friendly, the guy at night reception was even rude. I wont be staying there when Im next time in Dublin.

toilets/bathroom in very bad state and mostly dirty.

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Belgium

I stayed in this hostel for one night, everything was ok even the breakfast but the place wasn't really clean, there were some drain in the bathroom with moldy. I think the others rooms were better. The location is perfect to go out the night and the night because is situated nearly the centre.

• 24th Jan 2015

Everytime I stay in Dublin I choose this hostel for its localization. It´s perfect. I must say this time I was a bit disappointed with the room...so many beds and just one bathroom and, the worst, it was blocked... Other thing to think about is the price they charge on weekends...too expensive!

Had a great reception from staffer Marcel. And excellent morning breakfasts!

Loved the atmosphere, helpful & friendly staff, great lobby. The only con is the room was verrrry stuffy and tight. There were 4 bunkbeds in a room that should've held 3 max. It'd be better to put some personal lockers in there instead. I got my straightener stolen from my backpack... that I'd left UNDER MY BED. Really untrustworthy dorm mate, I guess :-/ But personal lockers should be included in the price like most hostels.

• 22nd Jan 2015

I've been there twice, this year we had a dorm for 10 people. It was fine, the only bad thing was that there was only one bathroom. Last year we stayed in a dorm for 12 people, which had 2 toilets and 2 bathrooms and that was perfect.

• 22nd Jan 2015

This was our first stay in a hostel and we had a great experience overall! To be fair, we filled a whole room as a group so we didn't bunk with strangers, but I still feel that we got the hostel experience. Staff was very helpful and very friendly, and I found it comforting that they were close to our age. The room was clean and I really liked that we had our own bathroom, which was pretty clean too. The place had free wifi which was incredibly fast and convenient. Really happy with our choice!

• 22nd Jan 2015

It was a nice stay, the room was very spacious and the staff very friendly. There is internet connection in the rooms

• 20th Jan 2015

Our stay was good as we stayed one night only. The location and the prize was the main leader for our choice. The staff was very nice, also checked us while every entry - I appreciate this. On the other hand, stairs were dirty, doors full of dirt from hands etc.. I also did not like the facilities IN the room - as you want to use bathroom or toilet at night and everybody knows about it. In the one of the two toilets in our room the light did not function. Breakfast was perfect indeed.

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Czech Republic

I definitely would choose again this place for my next trip to Dublin!!