Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Very clean and fantastic location, short walking distance to all main attractions, and also right next to a bus stop if you need to go further out. It didn't feel like the most social kind of place, and there didn't seem to be many hostel events to get people together. That was fine for us, but if socialising is something you're looking for in a hostel, this may not be for you. Also, I would have preferred it if there were lockers in the room.

it was my first time experience in a hostel and am glad I chose wisely. best location and great facilities provided. will certainly stay there again.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Kenya

Having to drop off and pick up keys constantly is an inconvenience. When the front desk is busy with check ins you may be standing there awhile waiting for someone to give you a key and unlock the door. Shower was cold. No lockers in room. Good location and clean.

It's great location!!! Staff was helpful and security was excellent! But the room is too small and old. Not clean enough, value of money is not that good.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • China

I arrived Sunday Aug 31. My first and only real disappointment was the female staff that afternoon. The girl spoke to everyone as if they were stupid. Definitely poor customer service skills. The other folks who stepped in during their shift were more congenial. I knew it would not be an easy night because the hostel is located on the edge of the Temple Bar district. And as expected late night partyers came in making a ruckus waking everyone up.

• 30th Aug 2014

Abigails was a clean

• 29th Aug 2014

pay lockers, barf on the floor, loud drunk hoodlums - this may be par for the course at irish hostels but I wasn't impressed

Nice atmosphere with a great common room and comfortable facilities. We really enjoyed our night here!

The overall atmosphere was good, and the location was great. However, some cons about Abigails are as follows: 1. There is no bar or recreational place in the hostel. There was a common sitting area but no place to purchase drinks or food. 2. They gave you sheets and covers at the door and you had to place them on the bed yourself. This is normally not an issue but I did not get into the hostel until almost midnight which meant I had to disturb the others in my room by turning on the light

Close to everything, good pubs and good food. Beds were good, own light and power point above beds as well. Staff were excellent and very helpful in all questions. And would return to stay.

Very well situated hostel. Good atmosphere in the lounge and the breakfast is very well provided. However, a bad point for the cleanliness of the room (dorm of 8 girls), the housemaid was sometimes too fast.

My friend and I were unable to get to Dublin until 6am due to ferry mishaps. We were worried that we wouldn't be able to check in that early, but the staff was very accommodating and that was very nice, to have a bed after camping out in a ferry port all night. The staff was friendly and very helpful in answering our many questions about anything and everything. Also the location was amazing! I was very impressed to find how central is was to everything we wanted to see.

• 24th Aug 2014

It was a great location, close to everything, easy to get around. The staff was friendly, I will definitely stay there again.

• 24th Aug 2014

Big hostel, well placed. Stored our bike at the sister hostel round the corner (smaller, quieter version of Abigail's). All staff very helpful.

This hostel has a great location - within the city, close to bus stations, etc. The staff knew the answers to your questions and were kind. Seems to be a popular spot so plan on booking here last minute.

• 22nd Aug 2014

The staff was really helpful and nice. I also thought it was clean and well taken care of.

I was in female room for 3 and it was great. I was able to see river from my window and the location is right in the middle of the city, it took me 5 minutes to get to airport bus stop.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Ukraine

Great location (right in the town centre, close to the bus station and Temple Bar area) and friendly, helpful staff. Cleanliness was lacking somewhat in the rooms and bathrooms. Otherwise, a nice place to stay.

It was in a nice location and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. The only complaint is that the room and bathrooms were not the cleanest. Also, in our room, the carpet and floor near the bathroom was soaked and unpleasant to walk on.

All in all a good stay. The room I was in had a leaky sink that left a large puddle on the floor, but the issue was addressed fairly quickly.