Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Great hostel !!! congrats

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

Overall this hostel isn't bad. It's located right on the river within walking distance of O'Connell Street and the Airlink stop. Overall the hostel is pretty clean, you collect fresh sheets at check-in. My only complaints were that the pillows were about as thick as a folded t-shirt, and there were no lockers in the rooms themselves (small lockers for valuables are available downstairs though).

Only one bathroom for the 10 bed dorm. Every time have to ring the bell, staff will access you to come in, not right away to let me in, have to wait in front of door after ringing few times, not convenience !!!!!!! Breakfast is good, common area is spacial and location is good but lille bit far from coach station

Staff was overly helpful!

Location was great - everything was within walking distance. Staff were very friendly and the hostel was clean. Dorm rooms were nice with their own bathrooms. Common room didn't really have much atmosphere but it was fine all the same. Would stay here again.

As a single female traveler this was my first experience at a hostel. It was awesome. From the moment I went in the staff was approachable, knowledgeable, and willing to answer any question. the open sitting area has many comfortable couches so you will always find a seat. And the area its located is near everything. I walked all over that area from morning till' after midnight and never felt uncomfortable. Any one staying in Dublin should stay here. Thanks!!

Right on the edge of temple bar. Super location!! Really helpful staff although they don't necessarily know every single tourist attraction. They are keen to help and even ring up for you!

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • China

Great place to stay right next to temple bar and very close to all the major attractions. Clean and very secure. My only complaint is the kitchen cleaning woman who works evenings and mornings. She was very rude and unpleasant towards me and to others. She lacks customer service/ people skills and has a very bad attitude. It was just unpleasant to be around her, which is unfortunate because the place is really nice overall.

On a whim I decided to stay in a hostel rather than stay on a friends sofa, also meant I had a secure place to leave luggage for the day I arrival and departure which helped my tourist activities :) What a great place, you couldn't be more central, the staff are great and it is very comfortable! It is a little more relaxed than a lot of hostels so no assigned beds, this was a bit annoying but fine! All in for €24 in central dublin Abigail's is indeed A*. The wifi is pretty strong too!

That's was my a second time staying here and definitely not last one

very good staff

Kind of a standard city hostel, a little cold and impersonal (the staff is decidedly unfriendly), but centrally located with en suite bathrooms. Really not a good place to stay if you aren't a late-night person - the bar next door has some pretty bad cover bands blaring music until 2am, so you won't get too much sleep. Breakfast is fine.

really good location,clean hostel, free soup, but no lockers in the bedrooms and agressive main room decoration where you don't feel to spend a lot of time...

great hostel, great service, food and atmosphere. Wish it wasn't booked solid so I could have stayed another night. Great time, thanks guys/gals!

Staff were very friendly, breakfast was good, rooms were spacious and tidy, bathroom was a bit moody and old but still clean, ideal location in the city, wifi was a bit dodgy.

Great location, staff, and price. They ran out of towels to rent so we had to dry ourselves using the bed sheets but it wasn't bad. Also our toilet clogged but they fixed it quickly.

Very good localization, only some minutes from the Temple Bar. Nice personal, very professional and always in a good mood. Very good breakfast. I felt it very clean and safe. The only negative point is not to have where to leave your stuff when you're out. But once you're there you'll feel that everything is going to be alright.

Had a great stay with Abigail's, I'd highly recommend it. Easy to find, perfect location, wonderful staff. Wifi was sometimes not as reliable (but there's wifi everywhere in Dublin, and many hostels there have worse wifi).

The hostel is very central, which is good, however you can hear the noise of the busy street during night. Showers were good, it was clean, good free breakfast. In general, I liked and I would come back.

Perfect hostel for what we needed. 3 of us stayed in an all female 6 person room, and it was great. We left our stuff in our rooms and never had any problems. Bathroom was clean along with beds. The location is perfect. So close to all the pubs and night life. Also close to all the main streets in Dublin. We had a great stay here, I would definitely recommend staying here!