Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

great hostel!

Awesome time, worth every penny!

Good place to stay, except one bathroom per shared room is not enough, plus the bathtub in my room did not drain properly which made for some slightly uncomfortable showers.

I think the location is the best feature in this Hostel. The street behind it is one of the best in Dublin for pubs and night live. Also, it's not that far from airport/ferries.

• 5th Apr 2015

Amazing location and helpful employees!

• 4th Apr 2015

Great location next to Temple Bar area so you can manage to find your way back after going out. It is also conveniently next major bus stops to/from the airport. My room was very nice with bunk beds that have their own USB, plug-in, and light for every individual bed. There was no lockers in the room, which was a bummer but there are lockers downstairs in the lobby that you have to pay for. My room happened to have a very nice and big shower.

Staff is kinda friendly. I'm not expecting the Ritz for a budget hostel, but the bathrooms were really iffy and there was a gritty feeling to the overall building Location is 20min walk from Connelly's, 30-40min from Heston, and right next to Temple Bar area.

Located very near the main bus station, easy to reach the city center. Staff was friendly and helpful. Infrastructure seems a bit old though. Overall quite nice.

I have stayed at this hostel twice now, and both times everything has been absolutely fantastic.

• 3rd Apr 2015

It would be good for people to show their receipt for when they want to use the luggage room.

• 2nd Apr 2015

The room was clean, but the rest of the facilities not really. Further it could be more cosy and the kitchen could be cleaner. The breakfast was fine - toast eggs jam müsli joghurt-

• 1st Apr 2015

I enjoyed my quick stay at Abigail's and the location was great. I only had to walk half a block to get to Citilink to catch a bus to Galway. This was very helpful and convenient. The place was nice and pretty quiet but I could hear a lot of footsteps in the hallway since there are no carpets. I liked the breakfast with yogurt and fruit.

A really good place. Was there last year with our school class, but 7 of the girls came back this year. So good location to shopping and drinking.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Denmark

-Very small and dirty bathroom with mould. -Only expencive possibility to leave articles of value. -rooms not clean +nice entrance area +socket-outlets at the beds +good location

We definitely enjoyed our stay at Abigails :)

The heating in the room did not work. The room was cold.

• 30th Mar 2015

Great value for money / price. Staff is great, wifi....

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Croatia

My friend and I stayed here a week or two ago, and I think it's hard to review the staff. There was one staff member upon our arrival who was incredibly difficult, unfriendly, and unhelpful, and he really turned us off at first. However, upon our departure when we needed advice on transport to the airport, the staff member on shift was incredibly kind, and he went out of his way to help make sure we understood where to go. The hostel itself was nice, and the location was superb.

Perfect location and really helpful staff. Would highly recommend!

• 29th Mar 2015

I was staying in an all female, 10 bed suite. On my last night a man opened the room with a key around 12:30am and settled into the last spare bed. He left before I could say anything in the morning but I was thoroughly freaked me out. I told the front desk the next morning and they told me they had no idea how it happened and denied anyone giving him the key. They had no clue how a middle aged man gained access to an all girls room in the middle of the night. Concerning to say the least.

• 29th Mar 2015