Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

The main area was fine and clean but the rooms (especially the toilet/ shower) was dirty. This was probably because it was a 8 person room. Would recommend staying in a room with less people per room.

Highly recommended, friendly staff and right in the centre of Dublin, couldn't be bettered👍

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

You get what you pay for I suppose. Fantastic location and quick check inns and out. Although some areas lacked basic cleanliness and poor fixtures and fittings, certainly in our room. Overall decent for the cost.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

I loved this hostel. The rooms were big and clean and the location was excellent. Each bed has its own plug ins which is amazing, no more fighting to charge things. The breakfast was minimal but free and better than nothing. The only real complaint I have is that the toilet, shower and sink were all together. Hostel rooms are so much better when they are separated.

• 11th Jun 2015

Awesome hostel, very clean and confortable in the best location of the city. I literally walked to all the major sights. More confort than one expects to find in a hostel.

Always like staying here since close to Temple Bar and Centre City. Staff are great too.

We were only staying the night but I will be back to Dublin again and I will make sure to stay here again. Was awesome.

everything was absolutely great except we saw a total of 4 people using heroin from our window in over the course of one night

• 9th Jun 2015

Of course hostels are totally dependant on the people in your room. Unfortunately I had horrible people in my room who went out partying until 3 am and lost their key and decided to knock on the door for 10 minutes instead of going to the desk to get it in the first place. This was totally unacceptable- I had an early flight the next morning and did not get back to sleep at all before going to the airport. Maybe make sure people have their keys before they go upstairs especially if drunk.

This place is disgusting. The shower pours out scalding hot water onto your feet while the water from the shower head is ice cold. We saw people doing heroine in the alley behind the hostel from our window. The place is grimy and old and although the location is superb, I would not recommend this to anyone.

• 9th Jun 2015

I wish I could give a higher rating bc the staff and location are GREAT, but I wasn't thrilled with the cleanliness. I stayed at Abigails last Friday and this Tuesday. Friday, I got a towel that had hair on it. I'm not sure if the hair was there when I received it or if I had placed it down somewhere and it picked it up, but either way no good. Second night I stayed there the previous occupants hadn't stripped the bed so I had to remove their dirty linens. Otherwise a good hostel.

The hostel was in a fantastic location for my friend and I since we went to many bars that were close by. As for the actual room itself, the beds looked quite old and the atmosphere of the hostel did not seem to match what I had expected.

The only thing I'd change about this hostel is the inclusion of lockers under the bed. Other than that it was a fantastic stay!

a shower in the room, clean beds, right on the river. add lockers for better security and it's perfect.

Great location. Easy access to city transit, Tour Buses and shopping. Receive a breakfast and are able to use the sitting area at all times. The people are friendly and helpful. Provide Airport pickup. Accommodations are great.

This hostel was in a great location, rooms were clean, and staff was friendly. Had fun being so close to Temple Bar, but other guests did, too and our stay was NOT restful before more traveling. Quiet hours were not enforced. Great place to enjoy the shenanigans of Dublin, but not recommended for a good night's sleep. Also, there weren't lockers in each room as indicated on the website. Small lockers and luggage room available in lobby, but not ideal storage/security

• 6th Jun 2015

Excellent hostel, perfect location for temple bar area and city centre. Really friendly staff, great facilities!

• 5th Jun 2015

Great Hostel, great staff, great location, great breakfast for being just a hostel! Go there, you won´t regret it!

• 4th Jun 2015

Very nice staff.

I did find it noisy people kept banging doors even through the night maybe put softer closing doors would help

• 3rd Jun 2015