Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Good location. More of a converted motel. Big common room but not much atmosphere

Really good facilities with the best/cleanest kitchen I have come across in a hostel. Huge common room with lots of sofas, tables and even a tv. No lockers in rooms but you could pay for ones to store your valuables downstairs. All rooms had ensuites which were well maintained and cleaned everyday. Breakfast was good and served for a long time which was handy, it consisted of boiled eggs, some fruit, cereal and toast plus tea, coffee and hot chocolate available all day.

Fair breakfast.

• 2nd Nov 2014

Good location. Staff very friendly and helpful! Beds were very uncomfortable though and pillows cant have been anymore than an inch thick!

• 2nd Nov 2014

Fifth stay at Abigails; never disappoints! Reception staff as helpful and welcoming, as are cleaning staff.

• 2nd Nov 2014

It was my first experience staying in hostel and I can tell that it was really great! The location is awesome - everything in centre is 5-10inutes walk. Also the staff was really forthcoming and helped with some information about Dublin. I stayed in room for three people and got to sleep in big double bed which was really nice. Will consider staying again there if coming again to Dublin.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Latvia

The location is excellent, the breakfast is good, the only thing bad for me was the take a shower, was really difficult chose the perfect temperature for the water and also the bath was in bad condition. Removing these details the rest was fine.

Best location even, we really enjoyed our trip to Dublin!

Good location and great common area for people on the hostel, nice opportunity to get to know other people there. Bedrooms were clean and shower was hot and with reasonably good pressure. Breakfast consisted of some serials, fruits, and toasted bread with butter, good enough.

• 30th Oct 2014

staying with 4 guests in a 6 bed room. was great! staff helpful and friendly. close to bars/restaurants

I wish every hostel was like Abigails! So nice and realy a backpackers paradise. Clean and good order on everything.

The location is the best!!!! And our room with view to the river was very nice. staff was great, but we had a big problem with the room though, water kept on coming to the floor and we couldn't walk. They tried to fix it but they couldnt so we had to walk over paper and bags the 5 days. The worse is our luggage got all wet

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Uruguay

I thought Abigails was really good value for money. Our 8 bed dorm always seemed to have fewer people because it was a fairly big room. Really liked the location too. And free breakfast was surprisingly diverse!

Very nice and great location. Not very good if you are travelling alone.

They say they require your recite for access into you're room, but they almost never checked mine during my week stay. Kind of sketchy considering someone didn't pay for a room, and managed to still end up in our room in one of our roommate's beds.

• 26th Oct 2014

My sister and I traveled to 3 other cities in Ireland and this hostel is by far the best. The atmosphere in this hostel was the BEST! I met some amazing people. The charging station on the beds was SO convenient and the staff was amazing. I went on a pub crawl and got pretty sick and the staff let me sit downstairs for hours until I felt I could go back to my room. This hostel was the best! It is also in a great location, very close to bars, the bus, and a grocery store.

• 26th Oct 2014

We would recommend Abigail's to anyone and would come again.

• 26th Oct 2014

It's a hostel so you get what you pay for. Could do with better toasters, the shower was a bit tricky to master and the constant slamming of the doors was annoying. But as hostels go, it did the job, the staff were friendly and I had no major issues. No problem in recommending the hostel to friends alike.

• Wales

Best hostel I´ve stayed at during my trips in Europe. The staff were cute and friendly and the atmosphere was great. Awesome location to everything. Stay here 100%. Would recommend to anyone looking for a fun, laid back environment.

Good hostel apart from two things. 1. The staff on reception are definitely not suited to work in hospitality, the tall guy with glasses went out of his way to be obnoxious 2. Not having assigned beds in the dorm led to massive confusion every time a new guest arrived. Nobody knew which bed was free. House keeping would also benefit from bed numbers as I returned after a day out to find my bed had been stripped and my towel which was left on the bed removed.