Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Great hostel! Good position and nice people!

• 15th Nov 2015

Plain hostel. The kitchen and the rooms were clean but for the price I was expecting more. The breakfast is also plain and the staff in the kitchen are kind of rude, but the guys at the desk are really cool and helpful. The location is really good.

Great location, close to everything! Our 10-bed dorm ensuite was a bit packed but we managed. No lockers in room, they are in lobby and cost money which is different than other hostels I've been in. Everything is clean and they provide breakfast! The wifi is not the best, takes a while to work but at least they have it.

I made two separate bookings for two consecutive nights as the number of people in my group changed from the first night to the second. I emailed the hostel to request that I stay in the same room on both nights, to avoid having to check out & back in again. I received an email confirmation that this would be arranged but when I arrived for my first night at the hostel the person on duty said that this could not be accommodated. So I had to pack up & change rooms after a night-which was annoying

Good location, but the heating in the room didn´t work so it was very cold.

• 13th Nov 2015

A very pleasant stay. Staff is helpful and the hostel is clean and in a great location. There are no washing/drying facilities, which may be a bit awkward, but there is a launderette right next door to the hostel, so it can be used if needed. The breakfast is great and the eating/social area is fun, although there is a very little space for cooking. All over a nice hostel.

• 12th Nov 2015
  • Czech Republic

The location was PERFECT!!

• 12th Nov 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at Abigails Hostel; well located and nice staff Just put fruits for breakfast (which is included).

• 11th Nov 2015
  • Switzerland

Great location close to Temple bar area and good start of point for exploring Dublin. Awesome with breakfast included in the price, breakfast containing eggs (all super hard boiled though..) cereal, milk, yogurt, toast, juice, tea and coffee. Staff was super nice and helped with every question you had. Didn't like the pay-to-rent-a-locker in the common area though, would've been better with lockers in the dorms.

Overall stay great. Breakfast included is amazing for price. The is also located just steps away from temple bar making it perfect for visiting almost anything in central Dublin walking.

• 10th Nov 2015

I like Abigails Hostel because it is so clean and well organised. The dorm was good, the shower was great and the ensuite very convenient and clean. The reason I don't give all 'excellent' for this hostel is the reception staff, particularly the one with his finger on the volume control; the common room is lovely and comfortable but the volume of the music in increased a little bit until it's way too loud and the television on and users stop talking and the atmosphere deteriorates.

Always a place to stay in Dublin!!

Excellent place to stay for a few of us going to a gig from another part of the country. The free brekkie in the morning is awesome, saved us a fortune going to a deli after.

• 9th Nov 2015

Best staff I have ever experienced At a hostel. Legitmaly good breakfasts as well.

People too noisy in the common area. breakfast very poor nothing gluten free or lactose free. toilet did'nt flush properly

• Spain

Very good situation for this hostel in the heart of Dublin night life (50 meters from te pub of Temple Bar) Rooms are cleaned and have all you need when you're staying here (ie a bed). Maybe a bit expensive for just abed in a 8bed room but its so well located ... Just a little advise, don't try to go to web to print papers in there, its highly expensive and very slow (3€ just to go to a gmail box and print 4 bording pass)

• All Male Group, 25-30

Too low light in thé room

• 6th Nov 2015

I'll reccomend this hostel; the location is great for a 4 days trip in Dublin. We've really enjoyed our stay here! The breakfast was good and the atmposphere too!

• 6th Nov 2015

This hostel was in an amazing location! It wasn't the best hostel I've stayed in, but the facilities and everything were about average. You have to pay to use lockers, but I felt like my things were very safe. I also like the lights and outlets they have at every bed, and the breakfast was good. The bathrooms weren't the greatest, but they were fine. I'd stay there again just for the location. Also, I found it easy to meet a lot of cool people.

Very well located near anything you would want to see in Dublin! The kitchen was very nice, but you have to pay a couple euro to use the lockers, which was kind of a surprise. The free breakfast was also pretty decent and offered coffee, juice, toast, cereal, eggs, and yoghurt.