Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

you get what you pay for.

One of the best hostels because it has good self-catering facilities, good power supply points for each bed, female rooms always available, decent breakfast, luggage room on the ground floor, security lockers for a small charge. To improve perhaps padlock lockers in the rooms, laundry self-service.

Would have been great if there were some oil, seasonings, herbs, etc in the kitchen. something to cook with! i think it´s no big deal to get that..... and it was a desaster to share a room woth 10 people and just having one bathroom!! not even another sink somewhere to brush your theeth or washing hands :((

• 1st Oct 2014

I think that the carpet needs to be replaced in the rooms because they looked gross, but other than that it was pretty good.

• 30th Sep 2014

The hostel is really organized, even in the 10pp room, we had plenty of space and the bathroom was always clean. Staff are really nice too!

Appreciate the effort of staff in helping me change room, as the carpet in the original private room was soaking wet emitting a strong chemical smell. Good offer of breakfast for the price!

Amazing!!!

• 28th Sep 2014

We thought the power strips with usb and light on each bed was amazing. It made things so much easier. Some of the 8 bed rooms were a little cramped especially due to nowhere to store your bags.

Nice hostel but the room was very warm at night

• 28th Sep 2014

We are in our late 60's. Overall our experience was very good. Our room was very clean and serviced each day, the staff was helpful and informative, the breakfast was good with a lot of choices. Abigail's is centrally located in Dublin just two blocks from the Temple Bar area, buses and taxis and the Dart. The bathroom was huge with a large tub and shower. We would stay there any time in the future! Having an elevator was great, too. There was some hallway noise from loud kids.

The situation was very good in the city center of Dublin, staff is very helpful and friendly, breakfast is well-stocked but unfortunately there' s no lockers in the bedroom and it' s very noisy.

• 26th Sep 2014

Overall, the stay was good value for money, no complaints there, unfortunately on arrival it was quite obvious that the twin room we were staying in had not been cleaned or the bedding changed. On pointing this out to the staff, the problem was rectified.It was noisy but then that can't be helped due to its location. Great breakfast set up

• 25th Sep 2014

Very centrally located, staff very helpful. A bit noisy due to location with ear plugs no problem. I would recommend or stay again myself.

• 25th Sep 2014

I loved this hostel!! The rooms are big, we have 2 private shower and toilet in our rooms! Even if we were 12 in the room, i felt like we were less than in other hostels were we were 6 bed only! A really good place to stay and very close of everything :)!

• 25th Sep 2014

The staff team is very nice. I had use of 2 extra services, a lock for a suitcase and a taxi-bus to the airport very early in the morning. Reasonable price. Nice stay.

• Spain

Good value for money, I really enjoyed my stay. Friendly staff, breakfast included and confortable kitchen to cook other meals. I loved the individual plugs and usb chargers on each bed, also the personal light so you don't disturb anybod., The only thing I really hated was the pillows, so unconfortable! I didn't have a good sleep because of that but the hostel in general was fine!

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Venezuela

Me and my friend had a really nice stay at the hostel. We stayed at a 6 female ensuite dorm, which was nice. Only problem was that the toilet door was broken when for our first day there, but after we told the staff about it they fixed it the next morning. The overall stay was nice, but it was annoying that if you wanted to use a safety deposit box you had to rent it..

Cairon and Evan were awesome as well as all the other staff! They gave us locations and helped direct us to where we needed to go and never led us astray! The place was chill and out dublin experience minus the horrendous lies that heathrow airport told was an absolute joy! It was my favorite country to visit! And would come back gladly within the next year if funds allow it! Thanks again Abigail hostel staff for making everything pleasant 👊 Jihan Dirir

Two sockets and two USB ports for each bed, brilliant!!

Hardest beds I have ever slept on