Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

The location was great, right on the river and less than 5 minutes to walk to the Temple Bar district. The free breakfast was good and the room was basic, but pretty good. The only issue we had was my friends bed linens she was issued had hair all over them and were stained. She took them to the front desk and they told her they had just been washed. She insisted on new sheets, which they eventually gave to her. It seemed that some of the desk attendants were nicer than others. Would stay again.

Good location, near the city centre.

It was fantastic! So cheap! Especially when you get free internet and breakfast! :)

• 15th Dec 2014

Didn't stay in the end but I lived in Dublin and know it's a grand hostel to stay at. Close to temple bar and the heart of Dublin

I like how you have many options on what kind of room you want. It's nice to pick if you want to be in a room with 8 people or just 3.

• 13th Dec 2014

Excellent location, friendly staff, decent breakfast

• 12th Dec 2014

The hostel is really nice with awesome location, great breakfast included and the staff is friendly and helpful. The room was a bit cold, but they offer warm blankets so that was not actually a problem. The only thing I didn't like was the fact they don't have lockers in the room, just downstairs and you also have to pay for them.

Very very nice Hostel! Clean, well placed and with an available staff!

• 10th Dec 2014

Everything was perfect. The only things to criticize would be that the sink in our room (26) was kind of stuck all the time. And when I arrived the sheet that i got was full of hair, but when I complained I got a new one anyway.

• 9th Dec 2014
  • Austria

Clean and pleasant. Breakfast wasn't fantastic, but filling and free.

Happy with this hostel and if possible would repeat in the future. The best is the full breakfast and the clean and equipated kitchen. The worst is that you have to pay for the lockers, wich are located on the living room, I also didn't like to have the showers and toilets inside the dorm (noises can disturb people sleeping), For the paid price I think it's worth.

really cool and well located hostel. I felt very safe and comfortable there. the breakfast could be better but for the price I payed I cannot complain. i would go again!

Really good location. Good rooms. Ok breakfast. In general, pretty good. I recommend :)

Abigail's hostel is conveniently located where all the buzz is happening in Dublin. The staff were friendly, I liked how there's always someone there 24 hours of the day. Beds were comfy, toilets and bathroom were clean. Only thing I would say, is that it's not a hostel to socialise and meet fellow travellers as it's quite large. But I wouldn't fault that on the hostel itself. Would definitely stay here again!

The hostel has a great location just around the Temple Bar area. It´s clean and you have breakfast included with toast, boiled eggs, juice and coffee. We stayed in 6 mixed dorm room in suite. The bathroom was clean as well as the beds and linen. The only thing is the water turned to be cold after 11 am, I guess because all the guests had a shower already and there was no hot water left.

Just everything perfect

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This hostel has a very welcoming lounge with en suit kitchen for guests and comfortable sofas right at the entrance. The luggage room is easily accessible and on the same floor. There even is a lift to the rooms and security lockers. The beds are equipped with sockets and spot light. A pity there are no locker facilities in the rooms. Breakfast is offered and is better than most other hostels. The staff are very helpful.

Perfect location right on the river. It's a bigger hostel so losses the atmosphere a bit. A lot of groups travelling together but also met some solo travellers as well. Great hostel nonetheless and I can recommend it for Dublin.

Best location. Great breakfast. Sockets and light in each bunk. Quiet hostel.

It was okay- good setup and great location! I swear there were people living in the dorms tho which I don't like