Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Good as usual, a bit funny that I didn't get a room key and had to rely on my roommates

The rooms grossed me out a bit. They didn't go out of their way to at least make our beds. Someone had left their comforters there and we had to clean it up. There were a couple of old guys hanging out at the lounge. The front desk never asked nor gave us security cards. The staff were nice and helped us out in terms of directions and things like that. It wasn't the greatest hostel experience but it could have been better. Also breakfast sucked, the kitchen ladies were a bit rude.

• 20th Oct 2014

Great hostel, right in middle of where you want to be. A guy threw up on me in my sleep at 3am which unfortunately did spoil the stay slightly but the hostel can't be criticised! I would say if you want a proper nights good sleep don't go in a big dorm though, lots of people in and out through the night. Really easy to find the hostel from where the bus drops you from the airport

Awesome staff and the hostel had many great amenities for the price

• 19th Oct 2014

I only stayed one night at Abigails as I was only in Dublin as a stopover before London. The location of the hostel was perfect- super close to Galway and airport shuttles, Temple Bar and shops. Room size was adequate, mixed dorm included farting boys and lights being switched on and off between 2-4am, but this could happen anywhere. Included brekky was basic, but good. Would probably stay again.

• 18th Oct 2014

The best part about Abigails Hostel is it's location. It's right on the river and it's only a five minute walk from Temple Bar. Dublin is a very walkable city to begin with, but having a hostel so centrally located was super convenient.

The 12 Bed dorm was not pleasant. I only stayed two nights, but the room did not appear to be cleaned in that time (shower and toliets- gross!) The male staff were very friendly and helpful, but the two female staff I encountered were quite rude, and didn't try to help in the slightest- they appeared to be put out by me even asking a question.

• 17th Oct 2014

WORST HOSTEL EVER !!! I got there and my bed was covered in nails with a hammer and soap, the next day i was awoken by a nasty cleaning lady demanding i get up and my reservation was up when i had 3 more days, and i came back to all of my stuff thrown in a corner on the other side of the room by a made where my souvenir glass broke ! Upon disgust i emailed Abigail's and what do you know they could not even find the time to answer my email ! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE !!!

Staff was excellent. Location was excellent.

The location of the hostel is absolutely great! You're very close to the center and all the 'buzz', but yet you're not in the middle of it. The breakfast was so-so, but still good enough for the total price you're paying.

• 16th Oct 2014

el hostel esta muy bien, situado en todo el centro de dublin. lo mejor es la hubicaci'on. el desayuno esta muy bien. lo que veo que le falta es que al compartir habitacion con mas gente deberian tener consignas en las habitaciones para obtener un poco mas de seguracion con las pertenencias.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Spain

the shower didn´t have enough hot water so I was having shower with a bit cold water, and few toilets, but all rest, excellent, thank you!!

Well located close to the principal avenue in Dublin, most of staff are friendly, but some was little rude the way they talk ( in special the girl of the reception) I stayed for 4 nights and never needed ask to unlock the door to go upstairs and in my last day, she was rude saying "you don't see the sign at the door, ask me to unlock the door" that was rude!!!! Also they thrown my food in the bin and I had my name, my room number and my date of staying!!! That was horrible!!!!

• 13th Oct 2014

Great hostel!!!

Great people there! Beautiful and helpful staff!! I was astonihed at the seeing of a specially designed for glass bin. It was full of cardboards (pizzas) and tins. There were a few very rude women shouting and burping late at night! God forgive them! That...I didn't like. Fare price, God bless you all. Please, follow mw in facebook. Thanks a lot. Alica Riesco Chueca

The hostel was fun. The people I met were great and the location was right by temple bar area. They offer a cool pub crawl. The staff is pretty nice. The bathroom smelled so bad. It definitely needed a new shower curtain. The breakfast is standard boiled eggs toast or cereal. It's not my favorite but it's not bad.

Great hostel!

This was my second stay and my impression was that the quality has decayed. I would still recommend Abigail's, but with caveats: The lockers are very expensive. 4 € a day just to keep your laptop safe. The receptionist was nice, but he didn't have a clue of how the lockers work. That cost me another 3 € because I made a mistake the first time I tried to use a locker. One of the lightbulbs in the toilet was burnt out. Overall, still a decent choice, but certainly not great.

Very nice 8 dorm with a view on the river !

Location is great. The hostel is huge and feels more like a cheap hotel than a hostel. Guests don't really mingle as a result and the staff don't get to know guests either. The staff are helpful when you ask them.