Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

A great place to stay in Dublin! Their breakfast is better than most hostels I stayed at, each bed has its own USB plugs and outlets, and the rooms have their own bathrooms. The staff is also very helpful!

Having to hand back the key every time you left the hostel was a bit annoying, but everything else was good!

In general, everything is good. It's a comfortable and nice hostel. Rooms are very clean, spacious and well equipped with individual lamps on each bed and with good bathrooms. The more negative comment I can make is that the kitchen closes at 21:30. If you go on a day trip, you would probably arrive after that time. It's ridiculous that after that time you can not use the microwave oven. Definitely it should close much later.

The breakfast is good and location too, beds comfortable

Everything was perfect! Location could not be better with Temple Bar right around the corner. The staff were very helpful. The guy working the night shift served breakfast to us before actual breakfast time because we had to leave early in the morning for a day trip. Everything was very clean and neat, however the toilet in our room missed the toilet brush and the lack of it is a bit inconvenient. Excellent value for money. I would stay here again.

All of the staff was extremely helpful!

I loved it from day 1 to my last day. :)

• 12th May 2014

Once of the best hostels of our entire trip

Its always great to come back to Abigails :)

it was excellent from all point of view, airport bus bring u just 50 meter from the hostel, located in the middle of city center

Great hostel, the best thing is the location. The only thing that didn't like me was the wifi signal doesn't work at 4th floor, everything else perfect!

• 10th May 2014
  • Mexico

I stayed at abagails hostel for 4 days, the dorm I stayed in smelt pretty bad, I noticed that one of the showers was leaking out onto the carpet and making it smell kind of damp, I notified staff and they seemed to be concerned about it which was a good sign. It was pretty clean and overall seemed like a ok place to stay. I liked the fact the dorms had ensuites and powerpoints / lights built into the bunks.

its fine, stay here, no problem as bob marley Wud say.

Abigail's hostel was worth the money. Breakfast was good, nice kitchen and common area, kept clean and tidy. Great location just around the corner from the temple bar district. In each bunk was a ledge to put a few things, with a reading lamp, plugin and a couple USB charging ports. Would have been nice to have some locker drawers under the bunks and somewhere in the shower to put your soap and a couple more hooks to hang your towel and clothes and such. Showers only lukewarm but okay I guess.

Amazing location right in the city centre and next to Temple Bar. Perfect place to stay for sight seeing and nights out. Staff were friendly and happy to recommend places to eat and drink. Would stay again if returning to Dublin.

• 9th May 2014
  • Scotland

Clean and modern. Has chargers built into the beds. Nice kitchen. No complaints, other than feeling a bit "corporate".

We checked out 2 days earlier than we planned because this place was so gross. 8 bed room smelled like a locker room, the bathroom was covered in mold, insane amounts of dust behind the beds...don't even try to use an international converter here, the only plugs in the room are angled 45 degrees down, so any type of converter is too heavy and falls out instantly. Had to wait upon checkin for sheets cause none were clean. Had to wait again for towels to be washed. Don't stay here.

• 8th May 2014

Overall, decently priced hostel and nothing really specific to complain about. Security is good. In fact, security is so good one day I stood at the front door for about 5 minutes ringing the buzz to be let in before anyone responded... The showers and toilets are very cramped. I also couldn't figure out the lights in all if them. Hostel was within walking distance to sites such as the Guinness Brewery, Trinity College. Also, not that hard to find. Free breakfast was a plus!

Can't beat the location, it's close to everything in the city centre and just a block from where CityLink picks up in Dublin city. We were able to store our bags there and pick them up again later at night, which was a huge help.

The walls are very thin, and when the doors close they slam really loud. I would not consider this hostel family-friendly (more of a younger crowd). The luggage room was very dirty.

• 2nd May 2014