Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

The position is perfect, right in the center and right near the shuttle stop from the airport. There aren't lockers in the room, but in the common area, you can use them paying a small fee. The wifi is pretty poor, in the rooms often can't be received, while in the common area works withourt any issue. The bathroom is inside the room with two showers and two toilets. The staff is very kind and helpful.

I rate this hostel better than a 89%, that's just what it gave based on my ranking of things like security and cleanliness. I wish they had lockers in the rooms and maybe the cleaning crew could've done a little more but overall I give them a 95%. Everyone was friendly and it was close to everything a backpacker would want to do in Dublin. Overall for my first hostel experience id say it was extremely successful!

Very clean Hostel, with a super knowledgable staff. Showed up with no plans at all and took their suggestions each day, whether it be hiking, tours, restaurants, or pubs, and had a great time. Quite a mix of different age groups were staying there at the time. Proximity to the Temple Bar area was great. Not much of a party Hostel, the lobby was quiet in the evenings, and not many people seemed to take advantage of the pubcrawl offered to Hostels in the area. Overall very pleasant experience.

• 6th May 2015

This hostel was fantastic, very easy to get to and easy to navigate from. The staff was extremely friendly and forthcoming with maps and information. I enjoyed it so much that I've already booked them again for the end of my trip when I fly out of Ireland.

Great location and helpful staff! Would have liked lockers in the room but otherwise a great hostel.

Friendly staff

Really good hostel, great location and great staff. The rooms were a bit dated and cramped, but that's to be expected in a hostel. Otherwise, really lovely stay here.

The bathrooms had no working lights and were filthy. There were eggs cracked on the floor of the luggage room for an hour and a half before someone finally cleaned them up. The living area had furniture randomly scattered everywhere, and the outlets had a bunch of expose wires. The staff members gave me extremely vague directions when I asked where something was on the map. I'm just thankful I stayed only a night.

Excellent value,I got the bed during the weekend for E24.It was the last minute offer or so. Although I spent most of time outside the hostel,there on the spot,friendly,professional team and many guests from different countries,with Americanos/as included :-)

• 3rd May 2015
  • Poland

I run into rude guy in reception, who made an assumption I sneaked into building to get a free breakfast, despite me clearly stating I am running late for work and simply wish to avail of complete breakfast due to be served at 7:30 as advertised on website as well as stated on security pass. It is sad to conclude that Abigails has absence of Management, only partial breakfast set up by 7:30 and some unprofessional staff, who has no right to insult guest and clearly shouldn't be part of reception

Very accommodating - they provided me with a gluten free breakfast upon request. I stayed at a different hostel my second night in Dublin for variety, but regretted it immediately. Definitely recommend Abigails for your entire stay.

Great location, clean rooms, updated bathroom, great breakfast! Would definitely stay here again,

This was my first time staying in a hostel and I couldn't have been more surprised and pleased. I have already planned to return to Ireland next year and will definitely be staying at Abigails.

• 2nd May 2015

The location is absolutely fantastic can walk everywhere on foot. The Quays Bar round the corner has the best live music I've ever had the pleasure to listen to! Price is good and you get breakfast included. Staff are not very inviting but I don't know if they were just really busy. Would highly recommend because of location and price. Dublin has stolen my heart.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Scotland

excellent location. Staff were friendly and helpful. Spacious open area for socializing. definitely stay here again!

A very good hostel with a good location.

great place, close to everything

Great experience, this was my second stay here and i would stay again

Only stayed a few hours as had an early flight next day but top marks all round for friendly and helpful staff, a very comfortable bed and a location which couldn't be more central. Would highly recommend to anyone. At €10 a night an absolute steal.

Nice place but lots of oldies. Five of the other seven people in my room were 50+. Staff was very nice and helpful. Great location. Clean and nice place.