Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Room was clean, bathroom felt particularly cleaner than I expected. Bedding was given to you upon check-in, so it was good to know it was clean, but it looked very worn from being washed a lot.

• 14th Jun 2014

Nice personel!

• 13th Jun 2014

I really enjoyed the short stay and the staff was great. The bathroom and shower were quite small and a hook or shelf to hang clothes would be really nice. I don't want to put everything on the floor while I'm showering.

• 12th Jun 2014

The cleanliness is not so good, I think they should improve this aspect related with the room, the common areas was really cleaning. The room was not refrigerated, it were very hot inside, not so good to sleep, I booked a female room for 10. And I should say that the breakfast was the best in all my trip, really good.

This hostel is in a pretty good location, quite close to Temple Bar and the main strip of Dublin. The cleanliness is about what you would expect from a hostel, with the bathrooms a bit rough. Beds comfortable, bed lights and plugs on each bed were a good extra! The main common room feels quite antisocial. Its like a school cafeteria setup which felt like everyone was quite distant from one another. If you want to be social, I would give this place a miss.

Excellent location. Has a kitchen and a free breakfast. It's a huge hostel. I only stayed there for one night, but my dorm room smelled kind of funky and the carpeted floors were damp... also some of the lights in the showers and toilet rooms didn't work. It's livable, but if I were going to stay there for more than a night I might recommend opting for a smaller room, it seemed like the facilities in 8 bd or fewer dorms were nicer.

after initial confusion about lockers which got sorted out i cant fault it.Staff very friendly and helpful.Really appreciated the lift,and liked openplan kitchen/dining/lounge on ground floor,light airy colourful.Women in dorm really respectful of noise and lights.Ensuite bathroom clean,shower good.Only thing to improve would be more ventilation in dorm on such hot muggy night.Location brilliant.Safe to go out at night as solo traveller.By the lovely Liffey and music of Temple Bar. will return!

• 12th Jun 2014

The hostel staff were super nice and helpful, and the hostel's location was unbeatable. You walk out the door and you're right on the River Liffey, and right in the Temple Bar area. Although the area is pretty touristy, you aren't a far walk from more local pubs. The complimentary breakfast was simple but enough, although it kind of freaked me out that the yogurt sits out all morning. Overall we had a great stay at this hostel, and would totally go back!

• 11th Jun 2014

Nice location. Staff were pretty helpful and nice. The lockers are at the common area and you have to pay for either 6 hrs or 24 hrs (from what I can remember). They come in 2 sizes, big and small. Small one for 6 hrs costs €1.50. When I was there, there weren't always available ones for rent.

The hostel is ok if you're looking to stay for a couple of nights. Every thing looks, old and dirty, the are strange smells, the beds are too small. The breakfast is good. The carpets are dirty. The storage room is aweful, full of dust and dirt. I dont know if it was the location but I saw too fights and too many drunks just outside the hostel'de entrance. Again, It's ok but i would look for something else next time.

This hostel is in a great location and has a great open area for hanging out and eating. The included breakfast includes bread, yogurt, and fruit. The rooms are relatively clean and the bathrooms are cleaned daily. It is very easy to get to and accessible.

Staff helpful and friendly. Breakfast is the best I have ever had at a hostel. Yoghurt, toast, cereal, boiled eggs, fruit, juices and coffee/tea. Located right in temple bar and within walking distance to all attractions and airport bus

It's a really nice hostel. Perfectly to find and the staff's absolutely great. The rooms were good but the shower was a broken, there was water coming out all the time which was a bit weird but didn't affect us at all.

• 10th Jun 2014

The guys at reception are awesome :) met loads of nice people here.

The internet was slow and at times troublesome (wouldn't connect, wouldn't load, etc.), but aside from that it was fine.

Fantastic location, big rooms, the bathrooms were in the rooms which caused the carpet to get wet and mouldy. the area around was a little rough and there were no lockers. Included breakfast was good.

We stayed 1 nicht. The location is perfect as it's close to the pubs and tourist attractions.

I would definitely recommend stay at this hostel. Great location, facilities and breakfast and it's clean.

Really nice staff, cool atmosphere. The only real issue we had about cleanliness was because of other travellers in the dorm... Really good place for backpackers, good location (but even if it's near Temple Bar, don't forget to go out for a beer a little bit further in the city, you won't regret it!)

Given the reviews I read online, I was disappointed in this hostel. Positives: great location, felt safe, good free breakfast. Negatives: felt very dirty, shower was poor, staff not helpful, no lockers in rooms, no additional bathrooms on floor, had my labeled food in the fridge eaten.