Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Everything looked old and used. There was no real atmosphere. The bathroom was not clean and the bed as well.

• 19th Mar 2015

I fell in love with Abigail's, it's missing me so bad. Since you came to Abigail's, you really don't want to go back to your own place. I really appreciate this hostel for all the reasons. Thanks

Nice little hostel in a great location. Shower room was clean. Really liked that there was a charging point and light above the bed. Great little touch. Breakfast was ok aswell. Would stay again.

The kitchen doesn't have much storage for guests. It is only open from 10:30am to 9:30pm which is a pretty short time frame. On top of that, the cleaners are in their blocking it off at various times so they can use the sink. So it feels like it's really only open for cooking from around 11:30/12:00 til about 9pm.

Clean, secure, comfy bed. Good place.

location is great, close to river and main turistic atractions. stuff is helpful and nice. rooms could be cleaner and renovated cause they look shabby and rather dirty. Water is warm, but never hot. Good thing about room is that there is panel with own light and plugs - just above the bed. Breakfast is ok, there is little more than milk and toasts.

Stayed for four nights and understandably the prices were bumped up due to St. Patricks day.. Regardless great atmosphere, friendly staff and very welcoming environment as this was my first hostel. Only thing is the tub seemed to fill up while showering probably because a clog in the pipes.. Other than that great stay!

Saint patricks day in dublin couldn't have been made any better. This hostel was clean friendly and in the best location. The boys who work in the hostel are both exceptionally good looking and informative. They helped me get my lost phone back from a tour company. I basically loved it. Rooms were secure and clean. And the environment was fun and friendly. So close to everything. Xoxo

• 15th Mar 2015

great staff, amazing location

Staff helpful and pleasant. No pillow or blanket on my bed when I checked in but the staff were very quick to remedy this. Decent breakfast included. Location is fantastic, right in the heart of the action. Little pricey at the time of staying but can't fault this too much as it was the St. Patrick's Festival Weekend! Would stay again.

The hostel location was pretty good! But the staff were unpolite. The breakfast was awful, the dishes were dirty. We have to pay 3€ each 12h for the locker (it's suposed to be free). The atmosphere was weird.

• 13th Mar 2015

Awful breakfast - our FREE breakfast consists of cereal, toast, eggs, fruit, yoghurt, juice, tea, coffee and hot chocolate - and its all you can eat we have a FREE luggage room and if you wish we also have lockers which can be hired , this is advertised clearly on our site

Ensuite in room was clean and floor towel provided. Nice location, not too noisy. Friendly and accommodating staff!

this place couldnt have been in a better location! the kitchen was awesome, the rooms were nice and clean but who doesnt have lockers! the bathrooms were like from a hotel and even though it was right in front of a busy street it wasnt noisy. breakfast was good and the free tour was awesome.

Great place in a really good location!

• 8th Mar 2015
  • racheeb1212

Love the new lights/usb points/plugs over each of the beds. Makes a huge difference!

all in all great locations and very helpful staff

Not my favorite place I've ever stayed, but not bad either. Good location and nice facilities. The fact that there is a lift is definitely also an added plus.

Abigails was great. I was traveling on my own and felt very comfortable in this place. Staff on hand 24hrs and felt totally secure there. The rooms are nice and set up perfectly. I was in an 8bd and every bunk had its own over head light/shelf/charging station. Each room has its own bathroom too. Shower got real hot real fast, but the hostel doesn't supply towels.

My experience with Abigails was really good. The hostel was safe and clean and had a good breakfast. Also the staff was nice and helpful. My stay would have been a bit better if there were one more bathroom in my room (I stayed in a female dorm for ten people). But over all my stay at Abigails was really good. Oh, and the location is fantastic!

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Finland

Its very good that they have breakfast included in the price but the rooms and the environment is a bit old and it smells chlorine everywhere