Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

One of the best in Dublin. The staff is excellent, very helpful.

The atmosphere didn't make you feel at home really, and there were no mirrors in the bathrooms in our room, nor could we find any bathrooms with mirrors on our floor. Also a large part of our carpeted room was completely soaked for some reason.

The hostel is very well located and the rooms are comfortable. The common room is quite large and the kitchen is very user friendly. I had arrived back at the hostel and there were no keys left. One night the gentleman went up with me to open the door, but the second time, another gentleman was on his own, so I had to go up, open the door, leave my shoe to prop the door open and then go back downstairs. Not a big deal, but something to note. Overall, I would stay there again for sure!

An excellent hostel with a very professional staff.

• 7th Jul 2014

The staff did not tell us that there was a luggage room, so we paid 3 euros each to rent a luggage locker...

I enjoyed the spacious rooms even when you are sharing the room with others. I didn't really enjoy the showers as they had no water pressure and were not big enough at all! Also, the bathrooms were disgusting and had a weird smelling musty ness to them. House keeping comes everyday and are very nice! Didn't meet anyone here as everyone seems to just be very cliquey and you don't get a tv in your room. Towels you can rent for 1Euro(great deal!).

• 6th Jul 2014

Great hostel in a good location. Will definitely stay here again.

24 hour reception is a huge plus

• 5th Jul 2014

Absolutely amazing, nothing less

Bed linens looked like they had been used for centuries. Rooms were VERY small for the number of people shoved in. Awesome security and location though.

Great place to stay for a quick stop in Dublin. The hostel is very secure and has a great continental breakfast to help you start the day. Staff is friendly and efficient and the value for money is very good. As the hostel is directly in the city center, you're close to Trinity Bar but that also means that if you want to get to bed early on a weekend, it might be a bit noisy for some.

Very good hostel. Close to night life and the shops. Staff were friendly too. Would recommend staying here

The dishes for the breakfast and to cook (lunch) was always kind of dirty (not well washed) and also the room and toilet (inside the room) was dirty too. Cleaning is very important when I choose a hostel and there was not good! They really should pay more attention on that. Apart from that, the location of Abigails hostel was excelent, very close to Temple Bar and in a central area with shops and restaurantes. It´s kind of safe, I just would prefer with if I have a locker inside the room.

Perfect location, and very good facilities. The common area is very good also for meeting people. The only suggestion is to have lockers in the dorms rather than at reception where you have to hire a locker.. I also liked in the dorms each bed had a small light and power plug.

A nice, clean, single-person bathroom was in the room rather than down the hall, which was a nice surprise. There was a bit of noise from the street but not too much, and the hostel itself was quiet and calm. The common room is pretty nice and sociable.

A clean and safe hostel, conveniently close to popular destinations (good walking distances) such as Temple Bar and the main river. Friendly staff, clean linens, and decent breakfast included.

We really enjoyed our stay in Dublin and the amazing value of the hostel. I rated security 4* because of the self use of the luggage room without supervision. 4* for staff because night team less friendly and available than day team. 3* for atmosphere as one client used the lobby like his personal living room without consideration for others (watching videos high volume), and really loud people shouting in corridors at night. 3* cleanliness bc mould in the bathroom and food in plants in lobby!

• 26th Jun 2014

Perfect location, clean rooms and great common area/kitchen facilities. Would definitely stay here again.

Great location! There is a free breakfast that is decent, nothing too too special but it's free so hard to complain too too much about it! The staff were super nice. I forgot my earrings there and emailed them after and they kindly offered to send them to me.

Great place to stay. Only disappointing thing is that one of the toilet doors was busted and couldn't be locked.