Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Nice place but lots of oldies. Five of the other seven people in my room were 50+. Staff was very nice and helpful. Great location. Clean and nice place.

Good hostel for the money, basic facilities but relatively clean and well maintained. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Area is great, right by the key and easy walking distance to all the bars in Dublin that you would want to visit. Cons: no cage under thw beds for lockup, shower was on the chilly side, atmosphere in hostel was meh, not a place to hangout much. But otherwise good hostel

This place was wonderful! The staff was plesant and helpful. The location is perfect and the rooms were clean. We had a great time in Dublin and got good rest at the Hostel. Although it was in a busy area, the noise was not bad and we slept very well. There were space heaters available when it got a little chilly and we were very comfortable. The front desk provided us with extra towels, an iron, and a blowdryer when we requested it (at no extra charge!). I would go back to Abigails anytime!

It felt as if they tried to cram as many people as could possibly fit into a room. I felt like we were on top of one another in our 8-person all-female dorm. I think the room would have fit 6 people more comfortably. Also, I knew there wouldn't be a locker going into it, but I thought there were lockers downstairs in the common space. The ones downstairs are only for hire. If you don't have many valuables with you, are on a budget, and want a good location, this is a good hostel.

• 28th Apr 2015

Front desk staff helpful and accommodating. Could not ask for better.

Had a great stay.facilities were clean. Great location Only hard thing as a solo traveller was meeting people as most people were travelling in groups Thanks

Excellent value almost on Trinity College's doorstep - ideal place to use as a dorm while working at the Uni - STAFF VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL! Thanks!

I had a perfect stay at Abigails Hostel. The Location is near to the most important sights and to the Train Station, safe, well equipped and everyone ist very friendly. Will defenitely recommend it to friends and stay there when visting Dublin again!

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Austria

Beds aren't confortable at all, the restroom is old and looks dirty, the shower didn't work well. The staff were nice but I had to wait for a long time until the receptionist opened the door at night cause he didn't realize that the interphone was disconected or sth like that. Nice breakfast and the best location you can find.

Great hostel in an amazing location. Staff were helpfull and the rooms were clean and came with ensuite bathrooms. Loved this place

The best hostel I've stayed at so far. The facilities where great and the atmosphere was very friendly.

The location, price and staff were great! It was in the middle of town and really close to everything and the staff were helpful with finding places around town and getting to the airport at 5am. One of the best hostels we have stayed at!

Gluten Free breakfast wasn't avaiable even after request by e-mail, in check in time and at the night before. Was quite desapointed understand that the hostel didn't have facilities to gluten free breakfast. Was bought a box of gluten free cereals in the breakfast time. Nothing more was prepared.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Portugal

The facility was fair. When we arrived I had to unmake the bed from the previous nights guest and then make the bed up with fresh linens. When I complained about having to clean up someone elses mess, they thought I had undone someone's bed that was occupying the room. I explained that the other guest was in the room and told us that the person had left at 4 am and not removed the bedding. You would think they would check when people have turned in their bedding or not. The breakfast was poor.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Had the best few days here! me and 7 friends came to stay for a girls trip away! location was perfect for going out by temple bar and we were able to walk to locations for day trips such as the zoo and Guinness factory! The staff were amazing, always helpful and breakfast gave a variety of choice for everyone! Couldn't recommend this hostel more!!

• 23rd Apr 2015

Abigails has a great atmosphere, the rooms were clean. I really liked that they gave you the linen upon arrival so you know you're getting clean linen. Staff were great and helpful. I didn't want to leave. I'll definitely stay at Abigails next time I visit.

• Philippines

Overall good hostel, I do wish that there were common bathrooms in the halls. 12 girls using 1 shower is a recipe for disaster.

The best youth hostel in the center of Dublin. I been there many times and never disappoints! Abigails remains my personal benchmark for every weekend in the city. 10++++++

Very well located, comfortable hostel. Every bed has a board with USB and regular power outlets, plus a reading light. This was super convenient. I stayed in a 12 bed mixed and a 6 bed female only room and definitely preferred the latter. There's a decent array of food to choose from for the included breakfast and the common room is big and comfortable. Lockers in the rooms would be good, but they are available in the common room, albeit at a slightly high price.

I stayed for six nights in a 8-bed ensuite room. The room is big and bathroom is big and clean. The USB charger on the bed are excellent, but one of them in my room were not working. Internet access was poor because sometimes it does not work inside the room. Breakfast ok! I suggest some lockers inside the room. In general, my stay was very good!

• 22nd Apr 2015