Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

It was nice, but I missed the organized tours.

Very large hostel, so I found it oddly hard to meet people. Very nice kitchen, good free breakfast, great loacation and staff. I'd probably stay here again

The noise level was just ridiculous, and the employee on desk duty did nothing to quiet the drunkards in the hallway, and even added to the noise...at 3 am. Unacceptable.

• 29th Apr 2014

Has a great location, right near Temple Bar which is ideal for traveling around the city. However, the black mold in our bathroom and limited water pressure/hot water was definitely a big turnoff. Abigail's is budget accommodation but I'm not sure that should excuse a blatant lack of health and cleanliness. I would not have wanted to stay longer than the 2 nights we did and with the conversation rate the 14 euro room (a person) was nearly 30 dollars Canadian for each of us...

WiFi signal is really bad in the rooms (you need to be at the reception to use it), breakfast is ok, good location, staff is very helpful, the cleanliness was ok but not excellent, even though ypu have to rong an alram tp enter the hostel there are no lockers in the room

Great location, good mattress, good wifi, free tea coffee hit chocolate all day. Kitchen is small for cooking a full meal but enough for heating up soup. En suite bathroom could use a stronger fan to reduce mold, but otherwise clean. My second time staying here, would stay again

Amazing location, right next to temple bar and very walkable to ma y attractions. Staff were helpful and knowledgable as they were able to answer my questions on getting around Dublin and what was recommended to see. I was really surprised because I stayed here 5 years and it had changed so much where in most hostels I have returned and they've stayed the same. Only sad thing about my stay was it was difficult to meet new people as a lot were in groups/couples so I didn't get to socialise.

Very friendly staff. But facilities itself were a little too average. No lockers or cabinets of whatsoever in the rooms. E.g. when I stayed in a hostel in Tokyo, we had lockers and shelfs integrated at the lower end of each bed. That made staying really comfortable.

Great location walking distance to main attractions, staff were brilliant happy to spend time helping with directions it anything really! Rooms were immaculately clean! Wifi worked all the time in all areas and kitchen was well equipped. Free breakfast was awesome! Thanks for having me :)

Nice breakfast, location can't be beat.

• 26th Apr 2014

Very well location (in the city centre of Dublin). The rooms are modern. Great breakfast for a hostel. Only a little bit unfavorable was the main street, so it was really loud at night. All in all I can recommend it!!

• 25th Apr 2014

10 bed hostel room: Toilets and sink are in the bedroom; anyone uses them during the night everyone wakes up. Sink in one of the toilets was broken (water just flew to the floor) Good value for money though, breakfast included, friendly staff, good location.

This hostel experience is just awful! It is too noisy at night. Usually I don't have any trouble sleeping in a hostel, but during my two nights there I only have 6 hour sleep. But this hostel is cheap and located in city centre. If you have no problem sleeping in a noisy hostel room, you should go for it.

• 24th Apr 2014

It's a good enough hostel

Ok, clean enough and very central

Very conveniently located but the hostel staff weren't very welcoming. The rooms were average at best but the location really makes up for it. Kind of difficult to meet people here and wish the hostel had more events or something.

I enjoyed my stay at Abigail's. Positive things: staff really helpful Breakfast with lots of things Elevator Individual plugs and light in the beds Bathroom in the dorm Negative things: No lockers in the dorms. You have to trust your roommates or pay for a locker downstairs, everyday.

• 20th Apr 2014

Great location, nice rooms, friendly staff... Will definitly come back...

Too much noise because of the doors slamming and people running in the corridors.

fantastic value for money, only 1 fault bath and bathroom basin did not empty properly, bit of a drainage problem, not very nice. everthing else was great, amazing how sound did not travel between rooms , must have fantasic sound proofing! which is good for everyone. would difinetly stay there again.

• 18th Apr 2014