Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

efficient well run place friendly people working there and i have come back so many times since my first stay in 2010. well worth it.

Abigail's is the best! Right in the middle of all that is going on in Dublin, a short walk (maybe 2 min) to Temple Bar, Trinity College, O'Connell street. The staff is so helpful, friendly and kind. Security there made my friend and I feel very safe at all times. We walked everywhere and never felt like we were very far (although the Guinness factory is a trek it's soooo worth it!!). Great. Great. Great.

I would add free lockers on the rooms as is a pain going downstairs just to look for something you left on the paid lockers. Everything else is perfect!

Central, clean with (mostly) helpful staff. Security was great.

Hostel is ok, I thought that facing the river it wouldn't have been really noisy but it is noisy actually. But it is something you can't really do anything with.

Nice hostel in de middle of the nightlife of dublin. Also very social guests and nice owners. Breakfast was good and free (!). I would recommend this to people that like to party and are social.

Great staff very friendly. Wifi available in the room too!

Theres nothing really bad about this hostel. It aint great, but not bad at all. Staff members can be helpful if in a good mood. Close to Temple Bar and Tesco, the supermarket. Breakfast is super decent, just the eggs were not so warm. Room is cool, with plugs and light, also a very good sized bathroom. I would recommend for young people, but also family, since its not very noisy or party.

everything was perfect

• Austria

a pretty good solution to travel with a low price and some good stuff

• 1st Sep 2014

Enjoyable stay and met some good people and the staff were really helpful. Even carried a drunk brother up to his room! Would stay again.

• New Zealand

Location was fine which was all I really wanted it for. Facilities were fine too. Staff looked like they hated their lives, and there wasn't much of a vibe. The breakfast is quite generous.

Very clean and fantastic location, short walking distance to all main attractions, and also right next to a bus stop if you need to go further out. It didn't feel like the most social kind of place, and there didn't seem to be many hostel events to get people together. That was fine for us, but if socialising is something you're looking for in a hostel, this may not be for you. Also, I would have preferred it if there were lockers in the room.

it was my first time experience in a hostel and am glad I chose wisely. best location and great facilities provided. will certainly stay there again.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Kenya

Having to drop off and pick up keys constantly is an inconvenience. When the front desk is busy with check ins you may be standing there awhile waiting for someone to give you a key and unlock the door. Shower was cold. No lockers in room. Good location and clean.

It's great location!!! Staff was helpful and security was excellent! But the room is too small and old. Not clean enough, value of money is not that good.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • China

I arrived Sunday Aug 31. My first and only real disappointment was the female staff that afternoon. The girl spoke to everyone as if they were stupid. Definitely poor customer service skills. The other folks who stepped in during their shift were more congenial. I knew it would not be an easy night because the hostel is located on the edge of the Temple Bar district. And as expected late night partyers came in making a ruckus waking everyone up.

• 30th Aug 2014

Abigails was a clean

pay lockers, barf on the floor, loud drunk hoodlums - this may be par for the course at irish hostels but I wasn't impressed

Nice atmosphere with a great common room and comfortable facilities. We really enjoyed our night here!