Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Super safe, very clean, nice staff, breakfast, perfect location. I would definitely book the hostel once again if I will be back in Dublin. Keep the spirit! :) Only small thing: it would be better to have lockers available in the room than in the ground floor.

This was by far the best hostel my friends and I have ever stayed at. The staff went above and beyond to accommodate our needs. Completely reasonable prices when you consider what you are getting for free - linen, towels, luggage storage, KITCHEN, and wifi - which you are usually charged for at other hostels! They are situated so close to everything and can point you in the right direction for any sights you want to see during your stay. A true pleasure to stay here and made our trip.

There was a bit of at night, but I expected that. they could put a notice up between breakfast hours, seating area should be kept for people having breakfast, one we had to eat our breakfast , there a few just on and phone , they offered seat for eating . Other that all was good. I would go back

• 28th Oct 2015

1. Re: Female room ratio of 8 persons vs 1 bathroom is too much. Even the bedroom space is only adequate for 6 persons. 2. I note the hallway to my bedroom had a permanent smell of urine...or ammonia like odour.

• 27th Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

Very good for single travellers, it has a really open and friendly vibe and it's set up in a way where it feels easy to meet other folks. It was clean and I loved that each bed had a usb plugin. It is right downtown, close to everything but it didn't feel very loud at night. I had a great time here.

The front desk staff was nice. Location was good and easy to find. I mostly had an issue with rude roommates, which obviously isn't the hostel's fault but largely contributed to my negative feelings toward it. Rooms/bathrooms were pretty gross and weren't cleaned by staff the 2 days I was there. No where to put bags in room no option to lock them up. Unclear how to get towels.

There is no locker in the room, you can use a safe in the reception area but they will charge you. Staff is there just to play candy crush saga and nothing else, they do not care at all or provide any information even when asked about it. Breakfast is ok but nothing you will actually want to eat so do not come to this hostel because of this. The room was shared with 3 other people which was fine although the bathroom was never cleaned during my 2 nights stay. THERE ARE BETTER CHOICES IN DUBLIN.

Amazing Hostel! They were very accommodating and helpful. They knew the area and were more than willing to help guests get around and give them things to do. Room was very spacious with exceptional bathroom in it. Beds were nice, with charging stations are each and it was very easy to get wifi pretty much anywhere.

• 25th Oct 2015

This was a nice hostel. New, clean and bright with good beds in a great location. Definitely better than some of the hostels I've stayed at in Dublin! Not a lot to do in the common areas but still easy to meet people at the free breakfast.

Wonderful hostel. Friendly staff was always super helpful. Great central location- can walk everywhere. Breakfast is also a bonus, it was basic but good enough to power us through long walks through the city.

• 25th Oct 2015

Loved this hostel. Amazing location in Dublin and free, delicious breakfast (which saved me a lot of money). Rooms were cramped but the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean and nice. Staff was very helpful and there is an affordable shuttle to the airport that they can set up for you if you need it. Loved this place!

Great staff and location!

Abigails will be my Dublin "home" whenever I come back in the future. I think if there is any way to make "excellent" better, I would have lockers in the rooms rather than downstairs with a daily fee.

• 23rd Oct 2015

Perfect location.The staff was friendly & helpful but something about their vibe just seemed a little off.I dont like how they charge more 4 weekends.They give u a comforter and a duvet cover which is the STUPIDEST thing I have ever seen in a hostel,when I come in at 1am it makes no sense 2 have 2 screw & fumble around with getting this comforter into its duvet.The water in the shower bounces between super hot &freezing which is very uncomfortable.I am average height and my feet hang off the bed

The hostel was fine, but nothing special - although the location was super! It was really hard to meet people, as everyone seemed to come in large groups, and I only met one other solo traveler the whole time. A lot of people seemed to stick to themselves, which made it not very fun.

First time stay and was pleasantly surprised and pleased with the hostel. I will stay there again as I am a regular extra on tv, and films and find it hard to get accommodation at short notice, and it is very rare to get breakfast included in the price. I was realy stuck for that night as the website that I had used cancelled my booking at 8am on the morning that I managed to get a bed in your hostel well done and thank you. Mick Burton

• 22nd Oct 2015

This was a great hostel. The rooms were fairly spacious, very clean, and the hostel was in a great city centre location. Each bed had their own light and charging station! I would definitely stay here again.

it was a good location in temple bar, right over the bridge. it was fine especially for the amount of time you send there. they also have free breakfast (boiled eggs, bread, cereal and bad coffee)

I would love it if it was possible to have breakfast until 11 or later

Great location, very clean hostel. We thought it was great value for money.

• 19th Oct 2015