Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

great staff, amazing location

Staff helpful and pleasant. No pillow or blanket on my bed when I checked in but the staff were very quick to remedy this. Decent breakfast included. Location is fantastic, right in the heart of the action. Little pricey at the time of staying but can't fault this too much as it was the St. Patrick's Festival Weekend! Would stay again.

The hostel location was pretty good! But the staff were unpolite. The breakfast was awful, the dishes were dirty. We have to pay 3€ each 12h for the locker (it's suposed to be free). The atmosphere was weird.

• 13th Mar 2015

Awful breakfast - our FREE breakfast consists of cereal, toast, eggs, fruit, yoghurt, juice, tea, coffee and hot chocolate - and its all you can eat we have a FREE luggage room and if you wish we also have lockers which can be hired , this is advertised clearly on our site

Ensuite in room was clean and floor towel provided. Nice location, not too noisy. Friendly and accommodating staff!

this place couldnt have been in a better location! the kitchen was awesome, the rooms were nice and clean but who doesnt have lockers! the bathrooms were like from a hotel and even though it was right in front of a busy street it wasnt noisy. breakfast was good and the free tour was awesome.

Great place in a really good location!

• 8th Mar 2015
  • racheeb1212

Love the new lights/usb points/plugs over each of the beds. Makes a huge difference!

all in all great locations and very helpful staff

Not my favorite place I've ever stayed, but not bad either. Good location and nice facilities. The fact that there is a lift is definitely also an added plus.

Abigails was great. I was traveling on my own and felt very comfortable in this place. Staff on hand 24hrs and felt totally secure there. The rooms are nice and set up perfectly. I was in an 8bd and every bunk had its own over head light/shelf/charging station. Each room has its own bathroom too. Shower got real hot real fast, but the hostel doesn't supply towels.

My experience with Abigails was really good. The hostel was safe and clean and had a good breakfast. Also the staff was nice and helpful. My stay would have been a bit better if there were one more bathroom in my room (I stayed in a female dorm for ten people). But over all my stay at Abigails was really good. Oh, and the location is fantastic!

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Finland

Its very good that they have breakfast included in the price but the rooms and the environment is a bit old and it smells chlorine everywhere

This was my first time staying in a hostel, and I was pleasantly surprised by my experience. My sister and I stayed in the 3 bed female dorm, and we both felt that the place was secure and clean, and we felt very comfortable there. My sister noted that it was way better in cleanliness and security than the hostel that she had stayed at in Barcelona, and she wished that she had heard of A Star Backpackers before. Overall, we were very pleased! Thank you!

• 1st Mar 2015

Had a great stay .just had a glitch with electric which was sorted out. Cold shower one morning .. but great value for money..staff helpful and informative..We travelled for my daughters 21st So Age Range 20/52 ...2 plug sockets per bed..fantastic location

• 27th Feb 2015

Everything you want in a hostel. The best thing about it is the staff - top notch service all round. If you asked me to pick out something negative I would really struggle. Maybe the beds aren't as comfortable as they could be. But im really nitpicking. Great hostel.

Nice staff, average breakfast, best location, good and detailed information about sightseeing/pubs etc. unfortunately shower was cold

• 26th Feb 2015

This was my first hostel experience and I absolutely loved it! The staff was helpful and the rooms were clean. Definitely staying there again real soon!

• 26th Feb 2015

Excellent location, near all the facilities and amazing night life! The beds with personal light and power spots (even usb) is really helpful, staff very friendly. Great breakfast!!! The shower box was dirty but it also depends of the people from your room, not a hostel problem ;).

So nice place to stay. It was my second time in Abigails Hostel

I loved my stay here!! Having a lift was awesome especially as I was on the 4th floor with a massive suitcase Only fault is I was told the airport shuttle left from centre O'connel bridge, but is actually further down, I manag to find it after a while and had plenty of time still