Abigails Hostel Reviews

7 - 9 Aston Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Facilities were good, but the outlets on my bed weren't connected so I had to use the outlets on a different bed. Atmosphere was good and shower was better than most hostels. Relatively quite despite being very close to downtown. Would recommend.

Great location right next to the Temple Bar area. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly

Beds were very uncomfortable - we could feel every spring and left sore, bruised and sleepless as a result! The wifi did not work in the room we stayed in. Reported to staff and was assured that it would be fixed, but nothing was done. Shower early as hot water runs out. In all other respects, it's a typical hostel.

• 27th May 2015

Great location, every thought its on a pretty busy street i didn't even hear much at night. I liked that they gave us towels too. The breakfast was okay,but the hard boiled eggs were nice. I was suppose to be in a 3 bed dorm with my aunt who i was travelling with however they put us in 2 separate 3 bed rooms, which wasn't a big deal cause we were only there for one night but just to warn anyone, they said that you should call a week before to assure you're in the same room together.

I loved Abigail's. Everything about this hostel was great. I will always recommend it!

Worst wifi ever. Wifi only worked in lobby and stairwell. But, the room (I was in a 3-bed with bathroom) was excellent. So clean, comfortable, and nice. Clean shower, friendly staff, awesome breakfast, great location. Only issue was the wifi.

The curtain in the shower could be a newer one.

• 26th May 2015

Great location. The staff were friendly and helpful (the guy who was working the night shift was great and really helpful when we got in late and the key card didn't work).

Excellent location and well run Hostel in the centre of Dublin.

• 26th May 2015

Nice location with a great view from my room. The ensuite bathroom is clean. It is very convenient for going out in Dublin. And once again thanks you all again :)

Three of us were traveling together, myself, my husband and our 84 year old friend who had never been to Ireland. I picked Abigail's because of its location and that it had a lift. I'd stay again because of its location, its security, the big common room, lockers, decent breakfast, not bad rooms (I've been in smaller!), and the helpfulness of the staff.

• 25th May 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Possibly the best hostel we have stayed at during our gap year. It's very clean and the facilities are great! The kitchen is awesome, best we have had in a hostel. Wifi is great and there is a big common room you can sit in with comfy couches. The breakfast was really good! Again, best we have had at a hostel. The location couldn't be better. Loved our stay here! Would come back for sure.

Lockers in the rooms would have been nice.

We have been staying for six nights. Amazing experience! It is clean and friendly. If you have some problem the staff is ready to help you. Maybe we ll came back. Enjoy! 😉

Abigail hostel may want to consider offering a few washing machine for us to ease our trouble. Saw a few room mate refreshing their clothing instead of sending it for laundry which is few mins across the street.

Great location with a knowledgable staff. Breakfast was typical - nothing special. Stayed in a 12 bed mixed dorm which was nice. Lots of windows but when closed the noise from outside couldn't be heard. Multiple in suite bathrooms/showers but only one shower was working at the time :/.. I also stayed in an all female 8 bed dorm which was crammed and dark. I enjoyed the bigger room much more. All in all Abigail's got the job done and had free luggage storage which was convenient. good for price!

plates and trays in the kitchen were awfully dirty.. we ended up going somewhere else for having breakfasts

I was very impressed with this hostel. Good facilities, clean, and comfy beds! I also enjoyed the brekkie! And I don't think you could get a better location! Great!

I loved it!

A wonderful experience. The location is amazing and the staff are very helpful!