Abotel-Regensburg Reviews

Donaustaufer Straße 70, Regensburg, Germany

The hostel was more like a hotel, there's no social atmosphere, I got to talk to some guys in the room so it was ok, but there's no lounge, no chilling area, the only place seems to be the terrace, but people use it to smoke. When I ask where can I relax and use my laptop, they told me to use the kitchen (which has a table and 4 chairs) but it's no ideal. Staff hardly speaks english so it was kind of difficult to checkout, overall a good stay, regensburg is a nice city, but the hostel... erm...

The Abotel is a Hotel with "hostel-like" facilities - like a dormitory etc. I stayed in the 10-persons mixed dormitory - a very small room with four bunkbeds and two single beds, a table in the middle of the room and one attached bathrooms. It was clean, but in my opinion too many people for this small room - for six persons it would be also sufficient - because there is not enough space for the luggage at all - it was stuffed. But for one night it was ok....

Hostel is on the opposite side of Danube, when you are looking from Regensburg city center. It is, however, only some 5 minutes from the main railway station, when you are arriving with bus lines 1 and 5. The building is located nearby Regensburg`s largest mall, Donau Einkaufszentrum, Important: THERE ARE small safe lockers, however not in room, but in a corridors, and they are free, however not quite easy for use. As there are no keys, you can checkout even when there is no one on reception.

This place is actually a hotel with one "hostel room". You get a clean bed and a clean bathroom for the night, but not the other features like a kitchen, welcoming staff that answer all you question and give insider tips which you get in normal hostels. It is also quite a walk (about 30min) from the town centre and train station. All in all, it's a fine place to go, however we missed the normal atmosphere we know from other hostels!

I feel like I got a full blown hotel room for hostel prices! I had two twin beds pushed together to make one giant bed, the sheets were clean, had a nice TV, stable wireless, my own spotless shower, and even a skylight! I wish I could have stayed longer in that room, but my trip this year was always on the move.

The hostel is new, clean and with a good price. It is within a 20 minutes walk from the city center. We were there just for a day and there wasn't a lot of people so I don't know about the atmosphere. The vending machine has good beers!

With regards to the rooms, this place is excellent. Tidy and well kept, and excellent bathroom facilities. However, BEWARE, there is rarely anyone on reception. I was lucky, I visited twice. Why lucky? Well, the 2nd time, my train was delayed, it was 10:30pm and no-one was on reception, so I was locked out. However, I#d kept the doorcode from previous, so let myself in. No-one answered the bell, but I remembered I still had the door code to my old room too - so I found it, let myself in..

The hostel is not in center, it has it's own parking place. It's on the second floor of the building without elevator. It's strictly for non smokers, but you can smoke on balcony. The rooms are big with 4 beds and they give each room to 2 people. Everything is clean and modern, and little artistic (nice paintings on the walls). The reception works from 5 pm. The food is very delicious. Peaceful hostel and part of the town. You go inside the hostel and your room with secure codes.

Abotel was comfortable, quiet, and I had the entire dorm room to myself. Even still, I really would have preferred lockers in the room. This is not a place to meet other travelers, and it's also quite a hike into town. The staff also didn't speak much English. If you're just passing through and need a place to rest your head, then Abotel is more than adequate.

Very accommodating staff, clean hostel and a very comprehensive breakfast which is worth the little bit extra

It is really very good new hostel, modern and functional, clean with a lot of flowers, many thanks!! I travel by car, so the place of hotel was for me very good. Sofia

• 1st May 2013
  • Slovakia

This hotel had a lot of character and I really liked the layout of the room, it was very unique. The security was very comforting and made me feel very safe there. It was slightly confusing when I checked into the hotel as to where I was supposed to go to check in (the video store on the main level)as there was no one working at the reception desk for the hotel. Other than that I had a wonderful stay and I would love to go back again someday.