Above the Chomsky Bar Hostel Reviews

Avotu 23, Riga, Latvia

I was there in oktober and I was there alone so I had a big apartment for myself. The Chomsky bar and the bookshop in the neighbourhood have a lot of admosphere with a lot of open minded people. I had a great time in Riga with al the peopel I met there in this beautiful town. When you arrive by bus from the airport, (bus 22 or 222) go the front of the trainsation and cros over the road to the Marianstreet because it is very difficult to find from the back .

• 17th Oct 2015

The website says you can't check in till 16:00... Which literally means there is no where to put your stuff or sit until the bar opens. In our case, the guy didn't turn up until 18:00. So we had to sit on the street for hours. He was extremely rude. Gave us one key and drew us a crude map. They clean the hostel every 2-3 days... So between that it gets fairly dirty. Other staff members that we encountered were quite nice, but the first guy ruined it for us.

Best hostel of our whole trip. Rooms are brilliantly designed and on theme. Kitchen is pretty basic, but we managed to cook a fry up when we were hungover on the sunday morning pretty easy. You need to go to the chomsky bar to collect the keys, and the entrance is round the corner through the most amazing old door. The Bar is great - cheap, and also on theme, very much like my regular places here in Bristol. Not too loud, in comparison to where i live back home in the UK! HONESTLY. BEST HOSTEL!

It's a very nice hostel, above one of the busiest bars in town. The staff is very helpful, the light bulb in the hallway was broken when we arrived at night, but the promised us that it would be fixed the next day, and they did.