Above the Chomsky Bar Hostel Reviews

Avotu 23, Riga, Latvia

It's a very nice hostel, above one of the busiest bars in town. The staff is very helpful, the light bulb in the hallway was broken when we arrived at night, but the promised us that it would be fixed the next day, and they did.

Some lockers would be nice.

• 29th May 2015
  • Lithuania

I usually don't leave detailed comments. This is necessary here. The staff literally handed the key and showed me the room and I never saw them again. They didn't even ask for the money. I couldn't find them to check out. Oh well, they have my credit card if they want to charge me. Overall, fairly anarchistic and fun. I don't understand walking through people's rooms to get to mine, but okay.

The hostel is very tiny, only three rooms. No common room, no atmosphere and no reception until 16:00. Location is not the best. I din't have a powerplug in my room. You have to pass other rooms and disturb other people to get to the kitchen or toilet.

love the bar downstairs.

• 3rd May 2015
  • Malaysia

Unique hostel experience at Chomsky! The staff was always helpful and it was a nice change from your ordinary party hostel.