Abraham Hostel Jerusalem Reviews

Davidka Square, Ha'neviim 67, Jerusalem, Israel

They have a good breakfast and laundry facilities -- you can do your laundry while you eat breakfast. The only drawback to this hostel is the location, it's a 20 minute walk from the old city. Or you can take the light rail. But during my stay there were problems with the light rail, so at times that wasn't an option.

It is still a neat experience at the Abraham. The rooms are well kept...some of areas could use some paint and new curtains or something. The lobby is rather run down too, there are so many folks at the Abraham,.no wonder. The male staff again seems to be the better suited for customer service and over all friendliness. I asked a female clerk manning the tour desk how much for the pay phone. she said she didnt know to see the front desk (who was swamped). No tours booked at Abraham this time.

It might be a good hostel I. Israel but not as good as those in Europe. Very large common room good for knowing people. A lot of events to entertain guests. Bed and bathrooms are very old. Cool at night in rooms.

Abraham hostel has everything you want from a hostel. The common area is à great place to meet new people. I aspecially like the fact that you have the choice of several spots inside and on the Roof top. Depending on IF you prefer a more or less lively inwirement. The mix of the crowd is also great, everyone is'nt 19 years old. Don't hesetate, you Will like this place. / Martin / Sweden

Great place to stay , 20 minute walk to the old city , great breakfast , overall 10 out of 10 .

Fantastic staff! Great breakfast, included in the price. Nice bar, too!

• 1st Mar 2015

Friendly and helpful staff. Great location, easy to find and well situated in Jerusalem. Great fun atmosphere! Cleanliness was fine as was price. Highly recommend for anyone passing through Jerusalem.

Fantastic location, right between old city and train station. Near market, shopping, restaurants, bars. Great atmosphere! Met so many people. Great comon room and bar, good breakfast. Tour desk on sight. Good sized room but tiny bunk. Average cleanliness. Great spot on Israel. Will go again. Highly recommended.

Staff was welcoming and kind, but the security here is lacklustre. There aren't great lockers in the rooms and my key and towel were stolen by my roommate when I was at breakfast.... Which is awful by the way.

Dear Traveler, Thank you for your review. We are happy to know you liked our staff! The rooms do have lockers, and you can purchase a lock at reception, or use your own one. I hope your roommate did not still from your locker, but i wouldn't recommend anyone leaving the key in the room and leave it, since your might get locked out :) Our cleaners sometimes take the towel, but you can always come to reception, at any time, and get a fresh towel. Kind Regards, Gil Volfson Abraham Hostel

The staff was very helpful although when I arrived (at checkout time, I admit they were busy), I was not told about the Shabat dinner that night. There were posters but I did not pick up on them. They did kindly invite me to breakfast the first day when technically I was not checked in. That night I would have liked to have partaken in the dinner but was relegated to just watch. My overall impression was positive but perhaps I was expecting more because of the high rating (over 90%).

Dear Traveler, Thank you for your review. Our guests' impression of our hostel are important for us, and help us understand our customer's needs better. I would like to apologize on behalf of our reception staff for not mentioning the Shabbat Dinner at your check-in. Our Shabbat Dinner is very popular and seats are being taken pretty fast. We hope to see you here again one day, and enjoy our shabbar dinner. Kind Regards, Gil Volfson Abraham Hostel

This hostel is just amazing. I met the best people here thanks to their bar upstairs and the atmosphere is great. I did a tour with them and Alon is amazing! Thanks for everything!

I really enjoyed that you have the option to either be quiet or join a group for some fun.

I really enjoyed this hostel. It's big, but they somehow maintain a very cool and intimate vibe. The staff are quite knowledgable and helpful.

A top-notch hostel well worth your money. Great breakfast, really nice bar lounge and well established services for backbackers, like arranging tours.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Finland

We loved our staying in Abraham hostel. Location is really awesome, stuff is friendly, bar is cool, breakfast was fantastic... Checking-in was a bit confusing but this was only because there was large group doing their checking-in before us and this was right in time of beginning of the Shabath. Everything else was great and I would definitely recommend this hostel to felows travellers.

This hostel is big and everything is very well organized there. It's clean, the staff are nice and helpful, there are many group activities and a very large common room / cafeteria / bar where you can meet people. Plus, it's really cheap. Overall, I had a very positive experience and I would definitely recommend this place.

• 12th Jan 2015
  • Russia

The staff was amazing and very helpful. 101% rating. Thanks for the advice.

Amazing. Super helpful staff, and I met a lot of nice people. Staff helped me get out of the city before the roads would close due to the snow. 10/10, would stay again

Super nice staff, great breakfast, really good offers for different tours, etc... I'd stay there anytime I come back to Jerusalem!

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Austria

Best hostel I've been to. Lovely staff, great prices, amazing atmosphere. Just great. I don't see any reason to look any further if you need a hostel in Jerusalem.

• 5th Jan 2015