Abraham Hostel Jerusalem Reviews

Davidka Square, Ha'neviim 67, Jerusalem, Israel

Everything you need, all the facilities, free breakfast & towels, lockers, a fridge in you room. A real hostel!

Warm, welcoming staff. Fun activities. Very diverse mix of people - individuals, couples, groups, from children to senior citizens.

Great stay altogether. Good vibes.

• 14th Oct 2015
  • South Africa

I would just add some more western options for breakfast. Bread, cheese, ham for example..

Great hostel! Loved staying here! While things like cleanliness and facilities were average, there is something really special about this hostel. I can't quite put my finger on it, but the atmosphere is very warm and hospitable; this is one of the friendliest hostels I'd ever been to. Friendly people stay here, no creeps. And I really liked the Hummus workshop and especially the Shabat dinner. It made me feel at home.

• 11th Oct 2015
  • Ukraine

the tour are too expensive. Regular but safe location, average male staff (guy israel) we want to sell everything and always free girl. foreign staff is very friendly and helpful.

The tours and the ease of booking them at a set desk was what made it

• 7th Oct 2015

I liked this place. If you need something done, you may need to remind staff as it is a large hostel. Its definitely a great hostel!

Hands down one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. I ended up extending my stay by 4 days. The atmosphere is amazing and if you're not part of the twenty year old crowd anymore, fear not as this hostel is truly trans-generational. The atmosphere is homey. The large tables in the dining hall ensure that you'll meet great people as your table neighbors will engage conversation. Met wonderful people. The rooftop bar is fab. The hostel organizes events every evening, all are great. Will return.

Big hostel but easy going. The old city is only a 20min walk away. During shabbat their inside bar is still open including the food service. In the private room we'd expected some kind of safety deposit box.

This was a nice hostel to stay at in Jerusalem. They have a great reception, lounge, and bar areas which make you feel comfortable right away. They keep it very clean, and the facilities are good. Their free breakfast is fantastic, and they have a good tour desk to help you with all your needs. There are some very strange groups of people doing religious tours, so a special shout out to all the staff for handling them very well!

Very good free breakfast. Nice hostel.

The staff were super helpful and friendly and the breakfast every morning was great. The location was good but not quite as close to the old city as I would have liked (about a 20 minute walk). However, you were situated right next to Mahane Yehuda which was great. I think my biggest issue was the noise. The rooms in the basement and on the first floor were directly facing the street and the walls were not very well insulated. It was incredibly loud at night and made it difficult to sleep.

Several receptionists/information desk people were very rude to my friends and I. Maybe because it's so big they lack the family feel or even common courtesy. The breakfast was good. The rooftop bar was never serving while we were there for 3 days and it closes early as well.

Wow! I've travelled all over the world and this place is a labor of love for whoever owns it. It fosters an air for conversation. Some people I met, I am in touch with still. Staff were amazingly patient. Location right near team. Liquor is expensive in bar though. Who cares. I'm glad they had one!!!

Amazing, and guest service minded staffs, especially, those who are working at reception (front desk). On the last day of staying, accidently, while I was on the way to Airport, I realized that I left my I-phone on charger in the lobby. However, the staff - I forgot to ask her name - who worked in the morning of Aug.30,15.,put her best effort to deliver my I-phone to me even before I arrive in the Airport. Breakfast was excellent, and Sabbath communion dinner was great experience.

This was my first stay at a hostel, and it was absolutely wonderful. You just can't beat a rooftop bar.

• 28th Aug 2015

Good hostel

Excellent, very much enjoyed my stay.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Stayed in a 4 person mixed dorm. All the dorns have a fridge and a/c, mine had a fan too. The rooms were clean and it wasn't cramped. The staff are very helpful and reception is manned 24h. The location is also excellent being 15 mins walk to the old town, 5 minutes to the market (lots of cheap food in large portions here and a must see on early Friday afternoon) and 2 tram stops from central bus station. The massive lounge is great too hammocks and a bar. Highly recommend the Hebron tour. Enjoy