Abraham Hostel Jerusalem Reviews

Davidka Square, Ha'neviim 67, Jerusalem, Israel

Quite a nice place if you don't expect to much. My single room was very basic. I liked the breakfasts in the common room, which were quite unusual for me: you sit at the large table with strangers from around the world. The food was simple but very good.

I had a couple of problems with the receptionists being curt. They don't really like to be talking to you when there are many people at their desk. The first time she told me to go on hostelworld.com website to reserve my room. I did that ok. I called about three weeks later, a few days before my reservation. I got the same attitude as the first receptionist. She didn't want to talk to me much and said she was busy. I had some legitimate questions to ask her. I e-mailed the reception admin. Toda

• 29th Nov 2013
  • Israel

Nice hostel, well located (10 minutes walk to old city and central bus station). The staff and atmosphere here are really amazing. They organise a lot of events in the evening and you can meet many other people here. I stayed in 6 people dorm which was quite big with lockers, toilet and shower inside. Really excellent place.

Really good hostel. It was probably the largest hostel I have ever stayed in, which is not my favorite thing. But, out of all the other options in Jerusalem, I would choose this hostel again.

Nice staff and adequate breakfast. Good location near train and bus station.

One of the best hostels I've ever been! Good location and nice atmosphere. The Shabbat dinner was really great! I'd love to go back there!

The hostel is a great place to stay, close to the old city, large confortable room with toilet, good breakfast included, they organize good day trip, friendly staff. A very positive experience i do recomend it

• 19th Nov 2013

They doesn't seem to know their audience

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Denmark

Great Location, light railway stop "Davidka" just in front of the house. Market and restaurants/shops close and to the old town it's about a 20 Minute walk. They organize excellent tours to the Death Sea, Hebron or a walk through a jewish neighbourhood for instance. Very good place to meet other travellers and the breakfast buffet was filling. Appreciated also the big lockers below the beds and the nice roommates I had during my stay.

Abraham hostel is a great place to stay during a visit to Jerusalem. In the center of the newer part of the city along the Light Rail so it's extremely easy to access almost any part of Jerusalem from Old City to the Mahane Yehuda market which is a must go. Also easy walking distance to Old City and area feels safe and has good restaurants and bars. Rooms are clean and have individual reading lights and lockers. They have great tours as well-I did the Masada Sunrise tour which was amazing.

The wifi wasn't very good, but otherwise it was great staying there!

• 13th Nov 2013
  • Hungary

I had a great stay way above expectations. Great and helpfull staff, large and interesting selectiong of tours. I planned to stay in Jerusalem just 2 nights and ended up doubling that partly because of Abraham Hostel. Thanks guys! Keep up the good work.

• 13th Nov 2013
  • Denmark

Can be a little noisy due to its location at the intersection of two busy streets. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper. Other than that, I thought it was great - a 20-minute walk to Jaffa Gate, friendly staff, cool bar and kitchen on site, and lots of planned activities available.

Fantastic location - 2min walk from the massive food market, 10mins from the bus station and about 15mins walk to the Old Town. Great vibe at the hotel and really clean. Will be staying here again when I come back on my next trip!!

Best hostel I´ve ever been to. Very clean, good location and great facilities.

Great! Good location and helpful staff!

The staff was really nice and helpful and there are activities in the hostel every day so it is a great place to meet other travelers. The breakfast was good too. I stayed in a dorm which was ok/good for me but might be a problem for light sleepers. There was a lot of light in the room all night and you could hear people talking outside the window. The beds were old and creaky, moving a lot when you turned. But they gave us clean sheets and that was most important for me.

Good location. Staff is friendly and helpful. Room was clean. The only thing we weren't really satisfied with were breakfasts - every day the same and not much to choose.

Overrated but still worthy the money!!!

Great hostel, love the common area, excellent location and the staff is very friendly. My room was very spacious and clean.