Abraham House Reviews

82 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

The hostel was very cheap and we were only needing beds for about five hours or so. There is no storage in the actual rooms.. You have to pay for it downstairs, and even then it is not locked up from others. We were put in the highest room up 9 or so flights of stairs despite booking at least a month ahead. Overall it's a cheap place that is fine for a couple of nights if you don't have larger bags and wish to have good security

• 17th Aug 2014

Great hostel! I picked a 6 bed female dorm which meant I shared the bathroom -which was really clean- only with those other 5. It's located exactly across the bus stop to and from the airport, wifi is excellent, beds have a usb port to charge your phone or tablet, breakfast was fine, staff was really friendly. The only thing that could've been better were the fuses in the kitchen that blew every morning so you couldn't use the toaster, microwave and water boiler for some time. But great hostel!

Huge hostel. Difficult to get the room. Location is great to walk around the city and get to airport bus easily. Kitchen is a little small for such many customers.

Phenomenal. Super friendly and helpful staff, great environment, large kitchen and eating area, room was beautiful with working wifi, and my own outlets (including USB) and lamp at the head of my bed. Centrally located, lots of room for talking to others or finding your own quiet, comfortable space (which is not common to find, in my experience) to chat with a friend or make that important phone call. One of my favorite stays.

I´ve just stayed for 2 days, but my general impressions were very good, staff is super friendly and willing to help, location is so handy, the rooms are comfy and clean, and the breakfast is delicious and with the best relation value for money I ever saw in Ireland; I will highly recommend the hostel to all my friends and family! Keep with the great job!

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Third time in six years, it is always a pleasure to stay at Abraham. Great atmosphere and great value for money.

• 12th Aug 2014

Some guests don't clean their dishes in the kitchen...

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Spain

It would have been great if there would have been more fun things to do, like a pooltabel or something. And the internet was pretty expensive. But for the the rest, I'm pretty positive about this place. Not to expensive. met a lot of nice people from all over the world here.

• 11th Aug 2014

Biggest pro is the charging station over every bed. Biggest con is that there's no wifi in the rooms I stayed in. Great staff and location though!

This was the best hostel we stayed in on our 3 week trip!! VERY clean, really nice comforters on the bed, and great breakfast included for FREE!!! The beds all had plug ins as part of the bed!! Nice, clean bathrooms. Just overall excellent experience!

Everything was fine, - except for the breakfast facilities: Three toasters and two of them broken. Unfortunately no-one felt responsible for fixing or replacing them. So we had to wait for quite some time to get our bread toasted.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The location was very close to the GPO and the spire (Dublin centre) but the zone looked little insecure. The staff is not friendly, they just do their work. The common area is in the reception as it doesn't help to create a good atmosphere or enjoy a movie.

Great hostel. The building was old so of course you will have wear & tears but overall I found it clean. Due to the fact that you had to make your own bed on arrival you could see that duvet and pillow were very clean. Location was excellent. Staff was okay, they were not unfriendly and I got looked after very quickly. Great location.

Positive : well located, nice staff, cosy nice resting areas at each floor. Negative : breakfast (place is not practical, content is somehow poor), doors (thay shut with much noise), and customers (we've had very noisy and agitated people one night).

Everything was amazing best hostel I have ever stayed in

• 1st Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

excellent.clean and secure.nice staff.

Very good hostel. Friendly staff. Clean and cosy. Breakfast was excellent. The location is its most important asset. It's near the city centre, very close to the bus & train stations and the bus stop to and from the airport is right outside.

A very nice hostel. The staff was more than helpfull and pleasant.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Croatia

Abraham Hoise is a nice hostel but it really lacks a friendly atmosphere. There is no room to make yourself cosy and have a chat beside the kitchen in the basement and the reception hall which are both very busy. Also, you have to pay for the lockers and to have access to a computer.

I always like staying at Abraham House and have done many times over the past 25 years. It was just as good this time and the staff were very helpful apart from the overnight staff. While preparing for the early morning airport shuttle, the guy at the desk seemed miserable, unfriendly and unhelpful. He had the side hatch closed, which annoyed the shuttle driver. However, unfortunately I could only stay for one night on this occasion, so it might be unfair to judge.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7