Abraham House Reviews

82 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

During our stay, in the first few hours, some pounds got lost from our backpack, which we noticed on the last day when we were about to head to UK. There were no locks provided, but one could buy quite a cheap lock from the poundshop nearby. The showers smelled like pee and the light in our other toilet did not work properly. Still, there was lot of space in the dorm and the location was superb! I would still recommend the hostel, especially because of the location!

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Finland

A reasonable hostel close to the city centre and an easy walk to anywhere you'd like to go. Airport bus stops right outside the door, all the staff were friendly and helpful.

I can really advise the Abrahams House. Location direct Dublin Centre with less than 2 minutes to go to the next bus station and less than 5 minutes to the next pub. The staff was very frendly and I had some very nice conversations with them.

• 18th Jul 2014

The area the hostel is located, is perfect to do Dublin by walking. Every bed had a USB-power-station and a lamp. No dishes has been clean at the breakfast and all the doors has been sticky.

• 18th Jul 2014

I liked that hostel, especially the rooms were great because u can charge ur phone on the bed like. The lobby just doesn't look good but the rest of this hostel is nice. :)

• 16th Jul 2014

Hostel perfectly localized. Even though I visited Dublin for the first time I didn`t have any problem with finding the place. Staff was also super-friendly. And breakfast was awsome. I really recommend the 'Abraham`s house hostel'.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Poland

Rather small room (5-bedroom), but clean, safe, excellent location and very nice breakfast included.

Very clean and very helpful staff. Location is brilliant as only 10 minute walk from I Connell street

• 12th Jul 2014

Advertising wifi throughout hostel, but even in common areas it was often difficult to use/access.

• 11th Jul 2014

Welcoming stuff. We took a 10 dorms room, so I advice to take earpluggs. The showers are hot but look in bad state. Free breakfast ( and good ) but not really a warm atmosphere between the gests, rather neutral. The hostel is very close to the docks so you might hear the seagulls in the early morning.

Dirty bathrooms and shower really small for 183cm person like me. The locks of the doors bad and my roommates didn't even understand to lock the door with turning the key when leaving. Wifi was really good. Boring common areas and hallways.

Moderate. Could be a bit cleaner, but considering the size of the hostel, it is I guess hard to keep every room clean. Luckily I had a room at the far end and it was quiet. I had no problem with the location and the neighbourhood. Staff were nice and available all the time for questions. For Dublin, it is a good value for the money.

A nice surprise! A clean hostel with nice rooms, privacy, a very good breakfast. Great price! I recommend!

It's in the main popular area and the staff are super helpful and cool. Good wifi, good showers, but lots of stairs to climb up!

Good Hostel and very nice welcoming, but no atmosphere and not enought showers per rooms. Thanks

• 7th Jul 2014

All staff are nice who they are very enthusiastic yo answer all my questions. Thanks them for their hospitality

it 's in the heart of Dublin,I feel so familiary,so many facilities like a kitchen any one can cook,free wifi,the staf are very nice!!! Thank you

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Moldova

I was thinking if they add also the word "BULA" beside the word Welcome which also means Welcome in the Fijian Language . It is just my wish the hostel doesn't necessarily add this word but its up to the management of the hostel.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Fiji

I stayed in a 10 bed dorm. It was on the top floor and very hot. When we first walked in there were flies but they went away after a while. It was nice to have a bathroom within the room that had toilet paper and hand soap. The breakfast in the morning was good. It wasn't too far of a walk to anywhere and a free walking tour stopped by the hostel to pick you up everyday. The bus from the airport also stopped right outside the door which was convienent.

Overall, I had a good experience. It was my first time staying at a hostel and I was impressed. The best part was the staff they were really helpful and friendly. I was a big weary about the cleanliness of the bathroom but they worked fine and had plenty of hot water. I would stay again if in Dublin.

• 1st Jul 2014