Abraham House Reviews

82 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

Extremely lovely friendly staff - this was the best thing about this hostel (+ the location & price).. but it really needed a clean & the Wi-Fi was boringly beyond intermittent (although Eire telecom does seem to have an issue throughout Ireland, so the guesthouse itself isn't alone with this)... I would recommend this hostel - (just needs a clean)

• 5th Mar 2014

Location is brilliant for travellers by plane as the bus station for the airport shuttle is dircetly in front of the hostel. City Centre, ATM,Pubs and grocery shopping in less than 5 minutes!

The location of the hostel is really good. You get an absolutely sufficient place to stay for the night. I was quite impressed by the new lights/electric socket combination which have been put to each bed. I am curious which things might be new when I visit next. :)

THE HOSTEL IS GREAT,THE BREAKFAST UNLIKE MOST HOSTELS[SPARTAN]IS EXCELLENT,BOILED EGGS AND YOGURT IS A NICE TOUCH ALONG WITH THE FRUIT.AND 2 TVS IN THE LOBBY AND DINING ROOM,IS ALSO VERY GOOD,AND THE AMERICAN STYLE SHOWERS,[PROPER POWER IS GREAT,ALL IN ALL A VERY GOOD PLACE TO STAY, THE ONLY NEGITIVE THING,WELL I WILL LEAVE THAT FOR ANOTHER REVIEW.

It is a great hostel! Clean, safe and with a great breakfast!

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • Benin

the rooms are messing, bed not made, very small in size

• 21st Feb 2014

I didn't like that the lockers aren't included in the payment.

• 15th Feb 2014

My friend and I stayed in a 10-bed mixed dorm for 4 nights and everything was perfectly adequate, which is nice praise for a hostel. The place was clean, breakfast was fine (cereal, toast, canned fruit), and the staff was helpful when we needed to book a taxi to the airport. I would stay here again.

• 15th Feb 2014

Thanks for the great weekend:)

• 13th Feb 2014

The hostel is not bad, but the location is not so good as I was expecting. There so many corridors and doors that is almost impossible to carry your luggage with you, while I was there I think I crossed around 6 doors and 3 corridors, besides the stairs. Terrible! another thing that is not worth is the internet. Very expensive, £ 1 for 15 min?! But the place was very nice, and the coffee-break good as well.

• 12th Feb 2014

I was in a 12 shared room and I don't like very much. The bath and toilet are too small, and the room has a little bit of humidity and smell badly. After that, breakfast is good and location too.

Washing the dishes by ourself is very bad idea. Many people do not wash properly and in the morning eating with dirty forks and plates is not good

• 31st Jan 2014

I was a little torn about whether to give them a better score, but since the staff were very apathetic about my concerns when I checked out early (and refused to refund the 2nd night), it'll be a low review. Place is loud, with no toilet roll, and the heating is insufficient. Go somewhere else. Lower Gardiner Street is full of B&B's and hostels that are better. I've stayed in less-clean hostels and still had a better experience.

It was a great stay - as usual.

Good and friendly service, you can pickup the key anytime at night which is a great plus

• 24th Jan 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Fantastic location with fairly helpful staff, good security and a very hand 24 hour reception. Building slightly old and showers a bit temperamental but would stay again as great value for money!

The rooms and bed heets were clean, but the dishes in the breakfast room weren't always. It is not very nice to eat from dirty plates. Some mildew in the bathroom.

• 21st Jan 2014

Was only in Dublin 1 night, needed a bed close to city centre and that's what we got. It was cheap, the breakfast that was included was great. Only thing was maybe there should be a noise limit or a curfew of somesort. Completely understand people are travelling and are using it for different purposes, however, I'd rather not be woken up by about 10 people shout singing down the hall in Spanish at 4.30 in the morning.

• 18th Jan 2014

The fact that I had to dress my own bed was appalling, and to make matters worse I had to take them off again and bring them to reception. If a bed is booked it takes five seconds to go up and dress a bed! Staff were average at best considering some of the other places Ive stayed! And Ive stayed at other hostels that are cheaper then this one and they have to beds dressed and made! Will not be staying here again!

• 17th Jan 2014

The hostel is in a good location however we were told to stay away from that area as it is a bit dodgy. It was fine for us though. Rooms are great-really big and clean. Had a few issues with our shower being blocked and water going everywhere. Staff were not overly helpful. Security is good. There is not much of a social/hang out area.