Abraham House Reviews

82 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

Abraham House was enjoyable to stay at. Great value for my money, lovely location near the center. Excellent kitchen for cooking and hanging out to watch some football games during the World Cup.

• 28th Jun 2014

Got to say, this hostel is ok, nothing fancy though. Only thing I would change is that it would be nice for each person to have a locker to store their stuff, at least the important stuff like passport etc. the are lockers downstairs next to the common area, but you have to pay for them, and it's not cheap. Just about every hostel I've been to has secure lockers of some sort that are included in the price. But overall, a nice stay

Very nice staff! the room was quite small and the wifi didn't work in the room. the breakfast wasn't too bad: toast, jam, cereals, tea, coffee, hot chocolate milk. near to the center. not perfect, but good value for money. I would come back again.

The night staff man was pretty rude, and consistently gave people the wrong key to their rooms. This happened to another girl staying in a different room while I was there as well so it's kind of a pattern. Other than that, though, it was a nice stay.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in, out of dozens. Staff always upbeat, friendly and helpful. Lots of room to sit to eat or read email. Full self-catering. Great breakfast room and EGGS for breakfast! Awesome.

Everything was cleaned daily, there was a power-point per bed. There was a really good sized kitchen and was kept clean. The staff were really helpful and approachable. Wifi was really good too. Would definately recommend this hostel!

I stayed only one day here. The place seemed nice and the help yourself breakfast is amazing! Highly recommended

Excellent

This place is a hostel farm! It is huge, and it may take 10 doors to get to your room. The wifi is ok in the common rooms but doesn't reach in the rooms. You don't have a personal room key. You will need to return it before you leave and pick it up when you come in. The staff is friendly and helpful and will get you situated with any of the available tours. Breakfast is pretty good with eggs, toast, yogurt, cereal, etc.

A box to ask for a down stairs room for elderly people carrying suitcases. The fridges were not well organised & our food was found on a table next morning from a named closed bag.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand
  • All Female Group, 41+

Lovely people. God bless you all. :)

I loved my stay at the Abraham House-- perfect location, secure, clean. Probably the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in.

• 13th Jun 2014

Staff at this place were amazing! Always eager to help you out or dole out advice or have a chat! Unfortunately, the key system was a bit tedious and there was nothing to lock valuables up inside the room - and you had to pay more to lock them up with the reception. Location is okay, things are a bit of a walk but it allows you to see more.

• 12th Jun 2014

Great hostel and a great value for money. The hostel is very well located, the staff is really helpful and friendly. The hostel was surprisingly big, but somehow they managed to keep everything clean and organised. I stayed in a 16 bed room and it didn't feel crowded at all. The free breakfast is also a positive point.

It was quite noisy because large group of teenagers was staying in the rooms close to my room. They were making loads of noise even past midnight. I wouldn't mind them but after traveling for most of the day i was tired. Didn't get good sleep. Other then that the next time i'm travelling i'll book a room in this hostel again (if the room is still free).

Staying in a 10-bed-dorm naturally isn´t an extremely luxurious experience but given the fact I´m a (poor) student and I wanted to stay in Dublin for the city and not for the accommodation choosing this hostel was probably the best thing I could´ve done. The staff is extremely nice, helpful and funny and since Abraham House is located really close to the city center I could basically walk everywhere in a couple of minutes.

• 7th Jun 2014

Stayed in a 2 bed private ensuite. Nice and clean, room was lovely and bright - loved the availability of ensuite rooms. Not many places can offer that. Was about a 10 min walk to Temple Bar which was not too far but far enough that it was nice for a quiet night's sleep. Would definitely stay again!

I don't believe our room was cleaned before we moved in. There was hair in the shower, in the beds and everything was stained. The balcony was locked but through an open window people threw a lot of trash there. The breakfast was mouldy (!!) and we always ate somewhere else. It wasn't mentioned that a room for three people had only two beds. The lamp on the night stand was broken, the one on the ceiling was too low to walk underneath and the mirror was too low to look into it. Not recommended!

• 6th Jun 2014

The staff during the day was very nice and helpful, although was not the same at night shift, he was watching the TV and not even looking at us when he gave us the beddings. The first day, the public toilets were out of use ( all of them) and the cleanliness was very por.

We loved our stay the atmosphere was really good .We met a few in the hostel and all ended up going out to a nightclub together.We stayed in a 8 bed mixed dorm was grand all people in dorm were friendly.Unfortunately there was ony wifi in the communal areas.There was a main bathroom for us which was good cean and spacious .It was strange having to bring bed linen down the next morning but for 13 euro a night I guess youve to save some way. The breakfast was fantastic.

• 4th Jun 2014