Abrahams Hostel Reviews

82 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

The whole facility just seemed rundown and kinda shabby. The staff was also not friendly, almost like I was a nuisance. The beds weren't labeled with numbers either, leaving me trying to figure out which beds were taken and which weren't when I got in at midnight. There are other hostels I would recommend over this one.

I booked a private room for 2 people and on arrival (late at night) they told us we have only booked for one person and a single bed. Even knowing what I had booked I offered just to pay for an extra bed but they told us they were fully booked and couldn't offer us anything so we ended up losing the money and looking for somewhere to stay at 1 am at night. Considering I paid 70 € for this single bed a night and that I paid 100 euros for 2 people at a 4* hotel I don't recomend this place at all.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Spain

Ok hostel. Overall is clean but sheets provided were already used (full of hairs). Location OK.

Everything worked smoothly in this hostel. The staff was friendly, the location was good (5-10 minutes walking to the hottest areas) and served by public transportation. There were lots of living areas but unfortunately there are no lockers in the rooms (they have lockers at the reception though, but you have to pay to use) and some beds are too close to the others. I literally had to squeeze between them to be able to climb to mine. But in general I recommend this hostel based on location/staff

Everything was amazing, it almost felt like a real hotel ! The breakfast in the morning is really something else, it's very clean, all the rooms lock (and you access them with your key card), there's a bathroom in each room and there's staff at the reception 24/7. I had an excellent stay

There are a lot of rooms and groups, families and backpackers staying, so there is no real athmosphere. Breakfast is okay. You have to pay extra for lockers and using the computers. There are USB ports at the beds, so one can charge mobile phones even when forgetting a converter, very useful!

Well located in heart of Dublin, but scruffy and grubby common areas and poor facilities esp the kitchen. Cobwebs in bedroom. No lift. Disinterested reception staff. Requirement to strip your bed and return sheets to reception on check out so struggled down three flights with case, rucksack and bundle of bedding.

• 27th Jul 2015

Location is fantastic, central to everything

• 25th Jul 2015

Was robbed inside a room, somebody managed to open my padlock and steal my money! Staff didn't care, apparently it's common and I am to blame...

We were in the 12 person mixed dorm and then the 10 person female dorm. They weren't very clean and it was the one hostel I felt I needed shower shoes on my whole Europe trip. There was also only one bathroom for the room and no easily accessible other bathrooms. There were no lockers in the room and if you wanted to use the lockers in the lobby you had to bring your suitcase downstairs, which was a pain since they didn't have an elevator and we were on the fifth floor. Free breakfast was nice.

Our time was only two nights. The only thing I would ompailn about is the facilities. The place is in a nice location. Staff was great. Beds had nice reading lights and power hook ups. Overall great time I would recommend i

• 23rd Jul 2015

Breakfast was crowded and awkward, we had to wait for clean dishes, but the hard-boiled eggs were a very nice touch. The accommodations were fine, old and a bit run-down so it was hard to tell if it was clean, but the beds were comfortable enough and the hostel was not too noisy. Courteous staff at the check-in desk.

• 22nd Jul 2015

I had a wonderful stay at this hostel! The security is fantastic and I did not worry about any of my belongings while there. The bathroom in our room did run out of toilet paper, but luckily we had brought some with us.

• 21st Jul 2015

There was pubic hair all over the sheets and pillow cases, and the room smelled like mildew. Some of the staff was very friendly, but some were also very rude.

Abraham's Hostel was one of the nicer hostels I've stayed at and I would definitely recommend it to anyone coming to Dublin. It's clean and well maintained, plus each bunk has 2 outlets and usb ports built in! Once you're done with the complimentary breakfast you can head down the road to O'Connell St just a couple blocks away. Thanks for the great stay, Abraham's!

• 21st Jul 2015

Good beds and friendly staff. It's close enough to all of the must sees but not right in the center of it all so it's not so crowded. My only complaint is the amount of stairs up to the dorm, but that's just my laziness talking. Overall a good stay.

Abraham's House in Dublin City was my favorite hostel in which I stayed during my three weeks in Ireland. I stayed 3 nights in an 8-bed dorm. Clean, easy to find, a short walk to the center, and two blocks from the shopping centers on O'Connell Street--it's an excellent base for exploring all of Dublin. I rated average security because I think they may want lockers in the room. (I had a large sum of cash go missing from my bag--my fault, ill-fit lock.) There are lockers for hire in the lobby.

This hostel is in a very good location. We were able to walk from the hostel and see everything we wanted to in Dublin. There were two of us and we stayed in a 6 person bedroom. We didn't like the beds and the bathroom was gross. They should put bins in the bathrooms so that people could throw their used toiletries away instead of leaving them on the floor. The kitchen area was nice place to eat and store food and meet people.

Staff was not friendly. Atmosphere was not enjoyable. Bathroom was filled with spider webs and some sort of black fungus.

There needs o be a key for everyone in the room. On all 3 nights I stayed here, I was unable to get a key to my room. I had to wake up the people in my dorm in the early hours of the morning. The people in my dorm were not impressed and this was a huge inconvenience . The dorm was not clean. The bathroom floor was very dirty. We ran out of toilet paper, I told staff at reception and it took the whole day for them to refill the toilet paper . When I checked in, there was rubbish on my bed.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7