Abrahams Hostel Reviews

82 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

Usual high standards. This is where I stay every time in dublin. Great value. Good location.

Very good place to stay in centre of Dublin. The only thing Id say let it down was the shower/bathroom wasn't the best but did the job, and on a 1 shower between 8 bases in same room as toilet

• 17th Jan 2015

I loved where the hostel is locates because you can go wherever you can without problems! The breakfast is FREE and its delicious, i loved it. I really enjoyed my stay there and i recommend that for everyone.

• 14th Jan 2015

Had a decent stay at Abraham' s, the bedrooms were clean, as well as the bathroom. Big hostel, lots of bedrooms and corridors, well heated though the establishment is overall poorly insulated. Though the staff was not responsible for this (we suspected uncourteous guests), the kitchen was disgusting, tables were dirty, the sink (yes, THE sink, there was only one sink to cater for the entire hostel) was dirty, and the hob and oven were dirty. We've seen better, and we won't come back.

Breakfast was good. Kitchen was quite dirty sometimes.

They have the best breakfast i've had in hostel. the staff was really nice and helpful.The hostel is really nice and cozy i made some good friends there. My only problem during my stay was that my roommates where super noisy and they left all their stuff around the room and it was smelly cause they where eating all the time in the room, also the internet was kinda bad at times. Anyways the hostel is really clean and in a great location. I recommend it completely!!

Good location, comfy beds, ensuites were clean as was the room. Not far at all from the major part of the north side of the city. Great free breakfast (boiled eggs!). Only downside was the lack of a social atmosphere which was a result of a comfortable place to socialise (the two 'common rooms' on the ground floor were very sterile and more places to go on the internet it seemed and the little nocks on each staircase were too exposed to be party, chatty spaces).

Rooms need free lockers ! We don't want to pay for it

• 31st Dec 2014

Great breakfast and near city centre the rooms ware OK! But I stayed at a 12 beds room and there was just on bathroom !

John was behind the desk for the first few days and we quickly realised how friendly and fun the staff were. The rooms where quite large with enough space and a private bathroom for us too. For a New Years stay I found the atmosphere poor but I think that was down to the guests being unwelcoming and not the hostel itself.

• 30th Dec 2014

Rooms small and too packed poor values Poor beds never again

• 30th Dec 2014

Near the city centre, breakfast included

• 29th Dec 2014

It's recently been refurbished and the facilities are of a high standard, while the staff are friendly and helpful.

This is an average hostel. The room was not too crowded but it was very cold. The bed was comfy. The building is quite old and it shows. But the breakfast in this hostel is better than in any other hostel I've been! It makes up the other shortcomings.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Finland

I booked for a 4 bunk bed room.was alone in the room,next day I was asked if I could transfer to another room because there are guest who booked a 4 bunk room last oct. they ask me politely. I could argue with them but I'm thinking it will just ruin my holiday. They offered me to transfer to 4 bed capacity and there is one vacant but the bed is on top which is difficult for me. So they look for room which has a vacant lower bed. in short i was refunded and slept in an 8 bed room with 1 snorer.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Philippines

Value for money!

Great breakfast and ensuite toilet for my 4bed dorm is kept clean. It is unfortunate that many hostelites left the kitchen sink in a mess without washing hence the sink was perpetually filled with dishes (I stayed there 5 nights and it was always filled). I was up very early and saw the poor staff scrubbing the burned mess left in the pots and pans. The reminder was pasted all over the kitchen. Not sure if mgmt had considered using various languages (they might have and it didn't work).

A very quiet hostel, lacked atmosphere for a city hostel. The door rooms were very loud as they can only be shut by slamming them.

• 11th Dec 2014

Very nice staff. the room was clean. breakfast was okay. there is a room to left your luggage while going to town and a second room with seperate lockers. Nice location with very short ways to the city.

• 10th Dec 2014

Slightly noisy. Doors slam loudly. Other than that, great place to rest your head!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7