Abrahams Hostel Reviews

82 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

I like Abrahams although it would be much better if the owners done it up because as an international hostel its poor quality . Dublin has very few decent hostels and owners have not updated them . Considering Ireland relys on tourism we would think hostel owners would give them decent accommodation . Smells of mould and damp carpets is not appealing . 14 nights maximum stay also does little to help . Staff could do more to engage with customers in Abrahams. Its nothing like their advertising

• 18th Oct 2014

Not that bad really, nice staff, hepful and friendly

I stayed in a mixed bedroom. It wouldn't hurt to have a bin in the bathroom since us girls sometimes need to use pads and tampons, and it's a bit annoying to have to take them with us outside where everyone can see. Also having a hanger in the shower to put the clothes would be fantastic. Some of the beds were really noisy (check them in case they're half broken) and the sockets didn't work everytime (and one of them fried my mp3, I had to buy a new one) Everything else was good

i just love everything about Abraham Hostel!! but it would be great if there is any map/direction/or assistance from O'cornell street to the place because when i arrived, i am kinda lost :)

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

It was lovely here... Staff was very friendly and helpful; ready to ive appropriate information about hotl as well as about Dublin. Cleanin & kitchen staff working hahrd to keep the level high.

• 13th Oct 2014

The only good thing about Abraham's hostel is the staff. They are absolutely excellent, friendly, helpful, welcoming, and have a sense of humor.

• 9th Oct 2014

Abrahams Hostel is very good located since it´s very close to the city Centre and you have access to Tram, Bus to airport and Dart in a walking distance. The Staff is very friendly and helped me a lot. I felt very welcome. The room and bed was clean. I felt quite safe since they have a locker room where you can lock in your luggage and keep it safe. That gave me a good feeling! :-)

• 9th Oct 2014

showers are horrible, my roommates and I burned our selfs several times. Got woken up early in the morning to a repair man hammering away at our window with absolutely no warning. Kitchen was disgusting. The pots and pans were all broken and missing handles. I actually witnessed someone check out, then the cleaning lady came in and put the stained comforter on the ground folded it up and put back on the bed then a new person came in with "clean linen" and made their dirty bed.

Really good reception, thank you very much!

• 5th Oct 2014

Very nice location: airport shuttle bus in O'Connell Street is just few minuts away as well as Connolly train station. The rooms and kitchen are spacious and the staff is friendly and upbeat. However the whole place is a bit shabby. The beds were shaky, sink and shower in our room were clogged. In spite of that, I've met some awesome people and generally had a good experience at Abrahams.

+++ Great equipment to plug in something from your bed. great breakfast. personnel polite and smiling. - - - Winter was starting and had some very cold nights, horrible cover falling out the sheet Mushroom in the kitchen, moved beds during the day and put my things everything under the bed. not always clean everything as toilets

Lovely hostel in a fantastic area, so close to everything, within walking distance to all main places to see (less than 15min to Trinity College and Temple Bar). Staff was very friendly and helpful. I didn't really enjoy the atmosphere, everyone staying there really kept to themselves, and the common areas weren't that great. Good spread for breakfast.

Good location close to the spire and GPO, friendly staff, clean rooms and great breakfast. Stayed in a 5 bed dorm on 3rd floor which was little difficult to find with many passageways and stairs. WIFI was bit slow inside the room, but it was ok in the common areas on 1st and ground floors.

This is a very practical hostel. No frills but functional. I liked how my bed was equipped with its own electrical outlets and USB ports. It was fine for a one night stay.

• 3rd Oct 2014

The team was very warm and welcoming, giving good advice on where to go, what to see, printing documents, etc.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Daytime/evening staff was always way nice. The room was a 6 person one and very cramped but overall not bad at all. The bathroom was miniscule and just seemed very unclean. No visible dirt, it just didn't feel comfortably clean. Overall I would recommend this place. Great location, clean sheets and good staff. The bathroom was at least en-suite so I only shared with my friends!

• 2nd Oct 2014

the internet was slow and not available in the room

• 2nd Oct 2014

is very worth for money!cheapest room but get everything.The night shift John is a very kind person and help me a lot.I chose first day in ireland and came back stay again the last day in ireland.I had a good time here.

Overall, we had nothing to complain about. It was a cheaper hostel and we got what we paid for. Breakfast consisted of toast and cereal and was adequate. Staff was friendly and helpful. Our bathroom in our 12 person room was not the cleanest and pretty old.

• 1st Oct 2014

The bathrooms were dirty, but the location was far enough from the center of the city to be quiet.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7