Abrahams Hostel Reviews

82 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

Location is fantastic, central to everything

• 25th Jul 2015

We were in the 12 person mixed dorm and then the 10 person female dorm. They weren't very clean and it was the one hostel I felt I needed shower shoes on my whole Europe trip. There was also only one bathroom for the room and no easily accessible other bathrooms. There were no lockers in the room and if you wanted to use the lockers in the lobby you had to bring your suitcase downstairs, which was a pain since they didn't have an elevator and we were on the fifth floor. Free breakfast was nice.

Breakfast was crowded and awkward, we had to wait for clean dishes, but the hard-boiled eggs were a very nice touch. The accommodations were fine, old and a bit run-down so it was hard to tell if it was clean, but the beds were comfortable enough and the hostel was not too noisy. Courteous staff at the check-in desk.

• 22nd Jul 2015

I had a wonderful stay at this hostel! The security is fantastic and I did not worry about any of my belongings while there. The bathroom in our room did run out of toilet paper, but luckily we had brought some with us.

• 21st Jul 2015

There was pubic hair all over the sheets and pillow cases, and the room smelled like mildew. Some of the staff was very friendly, but some were also very rude.

Abraham's Hostel was one of the nicer hostels I've stayed at and I would definitely recommend it to anyone coming to Dublin. It's clean and well maintained, plus each bunk has 2 outlets and usb ports built in! Once you're done with the complimentary breakfast you can head down the road to O'Connell St just a couple blocks away. Thanks for the great stay, Abraham's!

• 21st Jul 2015

Good beds and friendly staff. It's close enough to all of the must sees but not right in the center of it all so it's not so crowded. My only complaint is the amount of stairs up to the dorm, but that's just my laziness talking. Overall a good stay.

Abraham's House in Dublin City was my favorite hostel in which I stayed during my three weeks in Ireland. I stayed 3 nights in an 8-bed dorm. Clean, easy to find, a short walk to the center, and two blocks from the shopping centers on O'Connell Street--it's an excellent base for exploring all of Dublin. I rated average security because I think they may want lockers in the room. (I had a large sum of cash go missing from my bag--my fault, ill-fit lock.) There are lockers for hire in the lobby.

This hostel is in a very good location. We were able to walk from the hostel and see everything we wanted to in Dublin. There were two of us and we stayed in a 6 person bedroom. We didn't like the beds and the bathroom was gross. They should put bins in the bathrooms so that people could throw their used toiletries away instead of leaving them on the floor. The kitchen area was nice place to eat and store food and meet people.

Staff was not friendly. Atmosphere was not enjoyable. Bathroom was filled with spider webs and some sort of black fungus.

There needs o be a key for everyone in the room. On all 3 nights I stayed here, I was unable to get a key to my room. I had to wake up the people in my dorm in the early hours of the morning. The people in my dorm were not impressed and this was a huge inconvenience . The dorm was not clean. The bathroom floor was very dirty. We ran out of toilet paper, I told staff at reception and it took the whole day for them to refill the toilet paper . When I checked in, there was rubbish on my bed.

Had a nice stay at Abrahams Hostel. The breakfast was really good. Will surely recommend it to my friends.

• 16th Jul 2015

Was a good clean place to drop asleep. 20mins walk to temple bar and 2mins to local shops etc. staff were rude upon arrival however there was a guy who was there about 4am who was really helpful in getting me back to the airport much appreciated. Worth a stay as a group or as long as your plans are to get out and sight see

Abrahams is next to Connolly station and you can very easily walk to most of the major sites, however would recommend a bus if you wish to do the Guinness factory and Gaol in one day. The only issues, were the showers, they went from the set temperature, to freezing and then scolding, which is dangerous. The staff were professional, but not overly personable, and the wifi was awful, only really working in seats around the hostel and regularly dropping off. The lockers for were also extortionate.

I loved that there was fruit with breakfast and most of the staff were friendly. I had an early flight, and having to strip the top bunk in the dark at 6am to return linens was a lot more time consuming than I'd thought it would be

A nice hostel. The room was nice and clean. However, the toilet flushing in the en-suite bathroom didn't work. We told the staff about the problem right away when we checkt in but it wasn't fixed when we came back to our room later the day. This made the bathroom situation in a 10 bed dorm quite uncomfortable. But besides this problem its a good place to stay especially when you have to get to the airport early in the morning. It is just next to the bus stop.

Liked Abrahams, seemed to be a range of ages staying there. My single room was reasonably quiet and go a good night's sleep. Wifi was a little patchy. Didn't stay for breakfast but it looked fine for a freebie.

• 11th Jul 2015

The facilities were very clean and we were grateful for the breakfast included! The staff were all wonderful and helpful. There's quite a bit of noise between guests and VERY loud doors, but having earplugs helped with that.

The location was great, and the breakfast facilities just as good. The bathrooms were a little bit disappointing in terms of maintenance, but that is somewhat expected with multiple people in the rooms. The only changed I would recommend would be to bathroom maintenance/ facilities.

I really liked the over head charging ports, staff was friendly, place was clean enough. Nothing to complain about!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7