Abrahams Hostel Reviews

82 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

A very big and bright and clean hostel in a nice location. Airport bus stop at the door! Helpful staff. Amazing kitchen and common area. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at!

I was with my sister who had never stayed in hostel before and I was more than a bit anxious about introducing her to hostel life, thankfully, she was pleasantly surprised which is a good recommendation as she has extremely high standards and expectations. I have experience of hostels worldwide but this was my first stay at Abraham Hostel. It was excellent. The staff were helpful and friendly and did their best to ensure we had a good experience. Please pass on my appreciation.

• 30th Aug 2015

We had a nice stay in Abraham Hostel. The room was clean and big enough. We also had our own personal bathroom.

• 30th Aug 2015
  • Russia

We stayed in a double room. The room was ok; maybe not a whole lot of attention is given to the cleaning process because it is such a big hostel (for example we found sunglasses on the floor, behind the bedstand.I mean... sunglasses are quite big to miss when you're cleaning). The bathroom door wouldn't close from the outside. Also, luckily we were travelling light, otherwise it would have been complicated to get to our room, so far from reception (we went through about 10 doors). Ok breakfast.

WiFi in rooms. Towel hire. Nice self-service breakfast: hot drinks, orange juice, yogurt, fruits in syrup, cereals, toasts, boiled eggs, orange marmalade (only). Luggage room.

• 23rd Aug 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Abrahams. Amazing location, great staff, comfortable mattress and bedding, good security, homey rooms, and excellent/clean showers. Plus you even get a decent breakfast that keeps you full till the afternoon. I highly recommend this place, and am so confused as to how people found things to complain about. This stay is stress free!

• 20th Aug 2015

The hostel was not as close as they said it was to downtown. The staff who checked us in was not helpful or friendly. I would recommend a hostel closer to downtown/the temple bar area.

• 20th Aug 2015

It was the second time I've been in Abrahams and it was still pretty awesome to be there! Great atmosphere, friendly stuff! I'll definitely return for a third time :)

• Belgium

Very nice hostel, rooms were small but tidy and the bathroom was clean and quite big for this type of accommodation. All the staff were nice and helpful as well. I really enjoyed my stay here!

• Austria

I had a pleasant stay at Abrahams hostel, my only criticism being that it got really hot in the upstairs room at night despite not being that warm a day, but not something that the hostel can do much about! The staff were helpful, friendly and chatty. we left a pair of shoes behind and they kindly kept them for us for a few days

• 19th Aug 2015
  • Wales

Abrahams is good! I've stayed at 3 hostels in Dublin and this was my second favourite. Staff are friendly, good kitchen facilities, never had to use the shower but it was decently cleaned. Wifi didn't really work in my room which was a downside. Location is good (although everything in Dublin is pretty close walking distance). Thanks!

Really great hostel. Security, facilities, cleanliness was so much better than other ones I've stayed at. Location isn't too bad either.

We had a great time at Abrahams. Centrally located and a great location to start exploring Dublin. Met a lot of interesting people from different countries in our 12 bed dorm. Wifi in the rooms was a big plus, it did get disconnected occasionally though. All in all great value.

This was my first time staying in a hostel and it went above expectations the staff were polite and helpful. The hostel is in a good spot easy to reach everything by walking. The toilet and shower were clean. There are USB outlets and lights on each of the beds which made charging my phone easy. The room was a bit hot at night but besides that everything was amazing.

• 18th Aug 2015

Great hostel. Well located. Good value for money. It's early worth it. Don't it's his opportunity. Very clean. Stayed in 16beds room and was amazing. Not noise at all during the night. The only thing to point out is the number of toilets. Just one in a 16beds room. Not enough at all.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Spain

First hostel experience and Stayed for one night. Thought it was very good for what I needed. Clean enough and close to the bus station.

• 16th Aug 2015

I stayed here for 3 nights in a mixed dorm with 12 beds. There were 66 stairs up to our room which didn't bother me too much but may be hard for people with more luggage. We had an ensuite in the room which actually was fine since everyone had different schedules. I also appreciated the quiet nature of the room at night - people seemed to respect that. Breakfast was fine - boiled eggs, cereal, yoghurt and tin fruit. Wifi was poor and it seems you can't use power points during the day to charge.

The hostel is in a great location right off O'conell's Street. The rooms are not very big but the bunk beds were very comfortable. The bathroom is inside of the room an quite basic. Breakfast is good: cereal, yogurt, eggs and toasts. Some of the staff were not very nice but one of the boys in the night shift was very kind

Amazing staff!! Friendly and very helpful! Thank you guys!

Second stay at Abrahams, both times have been excellent. You get a lot for a low price and since last year, the facilities and decor have been updated, which look great. No complaints at all, they must be doing something right!

• 13th Aug 2015