Abrahams Hostel Reviews

82 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

I was blown away by this hostel. It was a wonderful experience! My only grievance was the ad on hostel world claims the hostel is 20 min from the Dublin airport - maybe for someone with a car! Unfortunately I didn't realize it would be a 45-1 hour long bus ride! That would be great info to have online. However, the stay was worth the travel :]

• 21st Jun 2015

The showers were a little grimy and there's no bed numbering system which makes arriving late and trying to find a bed a bit difficult. Plus no lockers. But each bed has its own outlet and bed lamp which is awesome

. Easily booked a bed in a 6 room dorm and was very happy with my experience. The staff was very helpful and friendly - as were the people staying in the dorm - the rooms were very clean, good shower pressure, and one of the better hostel breakfasts I've had. My only qualm was the amount of security for luggage. There are no lockers in the rooms and several times I discovered tthe luggage storage room wide open. Overall, I wohls recommend this hostel to anyone looking for a base camp

• 20th Jun 2015

This was our first hostel we stayed in ever. It was basic but had everything you needed. Breakfast was good. Lockers in the room would have been good. Location was good.

very big kitchen and dinning room.. great breakfast. cleanness acceptable. facilities: luggage room available if you need to leave after check out time, internet point 4 eu / h., but outside is cheaper. beds with usb slots, plugs and lights and luggage box. very confortable beds.

Everything was good except in there was mould in the bathroom ceiling which was clear that it was due to poor ventilation in bathroom. Another thing with the bathroom was we asked how often it was cleaned and they responded everyday, which was not the case.

For the price it's a good hostel, if you're looking for something cheaper this is it Nice staff, pretty good location, really good free breakfast, and an ok common room I do recommend this hostel if you're on a budget

I stayed in a 10-12 person dorm, there was one TINY bathroom that wasn't very nice.. It was really hot in the room and the wifi was crappy. I wasn't going to write this review because I thought that it was perhaps just the standard in Dublin. Then I stayed at another hostel (same rating?!) and the quality was a million times better. The staff are lovely and they have good security, free breakfast which is great, but you can also find that at other hostels that are nicer at the same price.

Amazing location, right in the center of town. Also, great breakfast selection in the mornings. Staff was always very kind and helpful.

it was to stay there. the location is perfect

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Slovakia

Excellent ratio price vs offered qualities

Security was a little lacking, they would just hand keys over to anybody who said their room number, as opposed to requiring to see the security slip they gave us at check in. Other than that this hostel was amazing! Very good value for the money, it was clean and spacious, and the breakfast was great! Would highly recommend this hostel to anybody staying in Dublin, that wants to be in a good convenient location without being in the major hustle and bustle!

• 13th Jun 2015

Great hostel! The only negative was that the room was like a sauna, they need to turn down the heating in the rooms!

The beds are really nice. They have two or three chargers above as well as a shelf for storage and individual reading lamps. There's no really secure place to store your valuables, but everything else about the facility is nice. The breakfast was big and tasty and the staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. The next day we had to relocate to Isaac's Hostel (unfortunately) down the road for lack of beds at Abraham's, and the difference was night and day.

The hostel was in a great location as far as places in Dublin go. Super easy to get to. All the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly.

Hostel was ok. Didn't like the feel of it, very old building and funny smell to it. It was clean enough. But mattress in dorm very hard. On the plus side you have bed lamp with own plug and USB outlet which makes it convienent. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I wouldn't not stay again.

I had a bad experience in this hostel, but not just for the hostel itself. I went last night with my gf and took a camera for 2. The structure is old, but well mantained and furnish. The problem we had is that the walls are almost useless for sounds. Our room was next to the room of some spanish&others and we couldn't sleep half of the night because they talked, screamed and played something with a ball, but it was like they were in our room. The breakfast was good, but all toaster sucks.

Perfect for a short stay in the city centre away from the usual tourist rip off area (temple bar),

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

My room was right over the front stoop, and with the windows open everyone could hear people partying all night on it. I wondered if the night staff could hear that going on and just never said anything or what. This would be at 230 a.m. and wold continue on for an hour or two.

Clean beds and bathrooms at a great location. The key situation is a little confusing- you have to keep your receipt and show it to the front desk before you can get your key each time you go in, and you have to turn in the key each time you go out. Not too much of a hassle, though.

• 10th Jun 2015