Abrahams Hostel Reviews

82 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

Beds all have electricity and light. Every room with bathroom. Breakfast great,

I could not ask for better that what i have given

• 10th Mar 2015

Stayed here for the first time six years ago and it's still my #1 choice in Dublin. Perfectly located, comfy beds, not too much party-focused (so you do get a good night's sleep if you want it), ensuite shower... Staff is very friendly and helpful and now the Airlink bus even stops right in front of the door! So the next time I visit Dublin, I won't stay anywhere else!

A very example of how hostels must operate. Well organised and customer focused.

• 9th Mar 2015

nice and clean little hostel, friendly staff, breakfast better than expected, waking up by the sounds of busses and seagulls:)..the only annoying thing is a little piece of paper that lets you in and that you need to always carry around..but over all i ll definitely come back!

Would be great if you put bins in the bathrooms. Especially for the girls! And the 8-bed-room was a little bit small for that amount of people. Honey or Nutella for breakfast not only marmalade but on the whole I had a fantastic weekend and I was really satisfied with the accommodation.

• 6th Mar 2015

not a terrible place to stay. a little ways out of the city centre but a quick walk none the less. bathrooms were kinda nasty but I've yet to stay in a hostel where they weren't. staff was ok, didn't have much interaction with them. met some cool people though!

wi fi is very slow

I spent only three nights here and didn't really spend much time here during the day but the hostel was in a decent area with many shopping places a short walk away. The hostel is literally right on the Airlink bus line so travel to and from the airport was really convenient. There was free breakfast but I left too early each day to have it. Overall the stay was good except for the last night there seemed to be some confusion with some of the girls over a bed, kept me up for a while.

Very good location! The town was just a 5 minute walk away! Breakfast could have been improved and there needed to be more signs to say where things were because we didn't see the toaster or the kettle until the 3rd day, but maybe that was just us being stupid! Staff were very friendly and helpful! Overall I think it was good value for money and a good stay

Wonderful stay, one of the best hostels I´ve ever been to. Good location - almost in the centre, very clean, the staff was very nice and helpful. Panels above beds with plugs and USB connectors and light - that´s perfect idea, I´ve never seen it before but totally appreciate it. Very good breakfast - wide range of choice and all was delicious, plenty food even if you´re not one of the first ones to get up. Definitely worth the price! If I ever go to Dublin again, I´ll definitely stay here.

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Czech Republic

toilet and shower is located in the dorm.. very small and dirty! the location is perfect > city centre. the breakfast is okay.. not too fancy. but well its fine for the price you pay :)

• 3rd Mar 2015

Absolutely loved my stay there! Met some cool people and the breakfasts were splendid. Did lots of cooking with some free/communal ingredients and I felt that was a nice gesture. Very spacious and the kitchen was a good spot for gatherings.

Although I only stayed here for one night, this was an excellent hostel to stay in and it was right near everything. It was fantastic to be back in Dublin, after visiting here last year. Ireland is a fantastic country and the people are all very friendly and easygoing. They also do a free walking tour here and they are always fantastic fun and very popular amongst the mostly younger people.

When arriving had some Trouble with some Girls planning to let some of their boyfriends sleeping in my bed. On the other Hand... they were cute....

• 28th Feb 2015

Only the girl on the reception was actually friendly and gave some info. The guys were blah, especially the one in the night shift. It really kills the last chance to have an ok opinion about the place, since it lacks charm and it`s quite dirty. The bathroom in room 21 is a disaster. Black mold - yack! The price is not low enough to justify that. I can understand that renovation costs a lot of money, so no complains on the style, but there is no excuse to not keep the place clean.

The shower was covered in black mold and the wifi only reaches the first and second floor.

When I arrived back from a night out, the room was full and the bed I had made, someone was sleeping in it. I notified the front desk, but the guy was not too helpful insisting there should be 2 beds free. So I went back to reception to again explain there weren't any, I eventually got given a key to another room. But having to make a bed at half 1 in the morning, on my birthday with a room away from my friends wasn't what I had imagined. My concern is that no one seemed to apologise.

Radiator still leaking, steped in to wet patch, wasn't clear, what bed is free as they all had a covers. Toilet didn't flush. The only thing was nice -the breakfast.

We stayed here about 5 weeks prior to this stay and we definitely saw a big improvement! It seems that the hostel was under some sort of renovation when we stayed here the second time, but it did not really get in the way with anything except for the fact that we didn't have water for a bit, but that was not a problem, since it was only for a little while. The staff was great as always!