Abrahams Hostel Reviews

82 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

Hostel was ok. Didn't like the feel of it, very old building and funny smell to it. It was clean enough. But mattress in dorm very hard. On the plus side you have bed lamp with own plug and USB outlet which makes it convienent. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I wouldn't not stay again.

I had a bad experience in this hostel, but not just for the hostel itself. I went last night with my gf and took a camera for 2. The structure is old, but well mantained and furnish. The problem we had is that the walls are almost useless for sounds. Our room was next to the room of some spanish&others and we couldn't sleep half of the night because they talked, screamed and played something with a ball, but it was like they were in our room. The breakfast was good, but all toaster sucks.

Perfect for a short stay in the city centre away from the usual tourist rip off area (temple bar),

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

My room was right over the front stoop, and with the windows open everyone could hear people partying all night on it. I wondered if the night staff could hear that going on and just never said anything or what. This would be at 230 a.m. and wold continue on for an hour or two.

Clean beds and bathrooms at a great location. The key situation is a little confusing- you have to keep your receipt and show it to the front desk before you can get your key each time you go in, and you have to turn in the key each time you go out. Not too much of a hassle, though.

• 10th Jun 2015

I have nothing more to say. It was one of the best hostels I ever stayed in, the location is amazing, near to the center and Temple Bar and staff is very helpfull and kind! 100% satisfaction!

Great atmosphere and staff, ok breakfast, shower worked perfectly, wifi everywhere. Lockers a bit expensive (3e per day), cleaning of the rooms could be better. I would definitely come back.

• Spain

Would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Dublin.

• 10th Jun 2015

The website stated there was currency exchange & laundry, but they had neither. The large lockers were small

• 9th Jun 2015

Most hostels offer free lockers - this was not the case with this hostel. Also, the door to the room I was staying in didn't close and lock completely..yikes! Also the showers were really dirty and rooms were messy because people didn't store things in lockers, they just left stuff all over the floor. Wifi only worked in common rooms and sporadically at best. Staff was very friendly however.

Bathroom was in the room with everyone sleeping and was very loud. The toilet made noises for 5-10 minutes after each flush (jet engine noises, not the normal refilling). Other than that it was alright. USB plugs in the beds were nice.

All good, clean, decent value and close to the city center.

First time in a hostel and was a bit worried about what to expect, don't know why because I enjoyed my stay here and shall be using Abrahams again.

• 6th Jun 2015

Very good really enjoyed my stay here.

pretty good - close to OConnell and somewhat large room for a hostel. Would stay here again

We enjoyed a lot, thanx.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

Nice staff and a good location.

• 4th Jun 2015

I absolutely loved this Hostel! The location was perfect for getting around Dublin. Not far to O'Connell St, pubs, and public transportation. The hostel was clean and I felt very secure. I really appreciated the lockers that were available of various sizes just in case you had something extra valuable to store while you explored the city. Although I felt secure with my belongings in the luggage storage room. I would definitely stay here again.

The staff was very nice to me but one guy was a little rude to a girl who was having some trouble with English.

Abrahams Hostel is within walking distance to all Dublin's attractions. The 12 bed dorm was spacious and the beds very comfy. We found the wifi worked everywhere in the hostel, which was a major plus. The corridors are a maze but you seem to find your way. Boiled eggs was a nice addition to breakfast as was hot chocolate. At the time we were there only half of one out of three toasters were working resulting in a queue. The kitchen was well stocked and the hostel was clean. The staff were great!