Abrahams Hostel Reviews

82 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

Very nice location: airport shuttle bus in O'Connell Street is just few minuts away as well as Connolly train station. The rooms and kitchen are spacious and the staff is friendly and upbeat. However the whole place is a bit shabby. The beds were shaky, sink and shower in our room were clogged. In spite of that, I've met some awesome people and generally had a good experience at Abrahams.

+++ Great equipment to plug in something from your bed. great breakfast. personnel polite and smiling. - - - Winter was starting and had some very cold nights, horrible cover falling out the sheet Mushroom in the kitchen, moved beds during the day and put my things everything under the bed. not always clean everything as toilets

Lovely hostel in a fantastic area, so close to everything, within walking distance to all main places to see (less than 15min to Trinity College and Temple Bar). Staff was very friendly and helpful. I didn't really enjoy the atmosphere, everyone staying there really kept to themselves, and the common areas weren't that great. Good spread for breakfast.

Good location close to the spire and GPO, friendly staff, clean rooms and great breakfast. Stayed in a 5 bed dorm on 3rd floor which was little difficult to find with many passageways and stairs. WIFI was bit slow inside the room, but it was ok in the common areas on 1st and ground floors.

This is a very practical hostel. No frills but functional. I liked how my bed was equipped with its own electrical outlets and USB ports. It was fine for a one night stay.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Nice place to stay in Dublin !

The team was very warm and welcoming, giving good advice on where to go, what to see, printing documents, etc.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Daytime/evening staff was always way nice. The room was a 6 person one and very cramped but overall not bad at all. The bathroom was miniscule and just seemed very unclean. No visible dirt, it just didn't feel comfortably clean. Overall I would recommend this place. Great location, clean sheets and good staff. The bathroom was at least en-suite so I only shared with my friends!

• 2nd Oct 2014

the internet was slow and not available in the room

is very worth for money!cheapest room but get everything.The night shift John is a very kind person and help me a lot.I chose first day in ireland and came back stay again the last day in ireland.I had a good time here.

Overall, we had nothing to complain about. It was a cheaper hostel and we got what we paid for. Breakfast consisted of toast and cereal and was adequate. Staff was friendly and helpful. Our bathroom in our 12 person room was not the cleanest and pretty old.

The bathrooms were dirty, but the location was far enough from the center of the city to be quiet.

Nice hostel, could have done with a few more things like individual lockers that could be rented for added security, as well as more toasters and microwaves to stop the problems with queuing in the kitchen

For the price we paid this hostel is brilliant. Staff were very welcoming and lovely. Would definitely stay again!!

• 27th Sep 2014

Favorite hostel. Each bunk had a personal plug regular and USB, and a personal light. Facilities were clean and friendly. The location was five minutes from everything you want to see. The breakfast was great, fruit yogurt, toast, coffee and hard boiled eggs. Free wifi in the main hall and a place to store back packs either under your bed or in a monitored closet.

A good hostel, close to city center with everything you need.

It was ok. Price was good. Was not informed that photo id was required. We were lucky that my wife had photo id as it seemed that we would have not been allowed to stay. This should have been made clear. Staff not over-friendly. Could have done with a smile and a welcome. Continental breakfast was limited. Two choices of cereal, white bread and not very good instant coffee. However, boiled eggs were a good touch. Also, allowed us to store our bags for which we were grateful.

• 20th Sep 2014

it states clearly on booking page that passport or photo id are required for check in... Breakfast limited- we offer unlimited FREE breakfast you are also forgetting the brown bread, fruit, yoghurt, tea and orange juice that we also offer

I was rili satisfied with everything. Only problem was that there was one guy every night knocking in our room and than we would open him and he will sleep. Maybe he was not even a host in the hostel. Maybe just he know that people will open and than he can sleep for free. He never had his keys with him. But thats only complain. I do not want to make bad impression since i am rili satisfied with everything.

• 19th Sep 2014

It was good all in all but I could have used some elevators as the stairs were a maze and I had a lot of luggage but of course that is about the builiding and not the hotel. I also think that you shouldn't allow people to check in to dormitories at night or something because I was woken up by someone checking in to my room at 2 am. The breakfast was good, the rooms were clean and the wi-fi worked perfectly.

Very smelly! Breakfast dishes were dirty! Shower poor! Very good location!