Abrahams Hostel Reviews

82 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

The hostel is a 2 minute walk from O'Connell St and about a 10 minute walk from Temple Bar. The staff are very helpful. Depending on your room, there is a lot of street noise. Apart from that, this is a great hostel

Really tiny rooms and tiny bathrooms, no space to store luggage in the room. Breakfast was prepared after 7:30, some had to leave at 7:45 - so without breakfast. Only for tough backpackers. Advantage: in city centre, close to everything.

This was a really great hostel. They have a whole bunch of different common areas scattered throughout the whole building were people can hang out, drink beer and chat, use WiFi, etc. Staff was really helpful and knowledgable, kitchen was clean, location was about as good as you can get. It didn't seem like the cleanest, glossiest place in the world, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it "dirty".

Cheap hostel but you get what you paid for. If you don't plan on staying in the hostel much its an ok option due to price. No lockers in rooms though.

this hostel doesn't have washing machine

• 26th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

The wifi was sometimes a bit weak upstairs other then that you have all what you need! Great breakfast included and absolutely nice stuff 😊

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

The hostel was satisfactory as we needed somewhere to stay for one night in Dublin while travelling around Ireland. However we felt the staff were not overly friendly when we arrived and when we had to ask something it was quite awkward. The breakfast was basic and bathroom very small.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

A very confusing building with so many different doors to go through to find your room and the staff doesn't really give helpful directions when you sign in. The room was adequate the bathroom was small but fine.

• 24th Aug 2014

I enjoyed my stay very much! It was always clean and staff was super friendly. I would definitely recommend this hostel! (I stayed there while looking for permanent accommodation in Dublin)

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Austria

Hi the room its small for 6 persons and the bed its to strong so the staff was excelent

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Spain

The staff were great!

Convenient to catch Airport bus. It's right in front of the hostel.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Just stayed overnight and it was all right for the price, there was just one thing which I disliked - the door of my dorm squeaked loudly so it was impossible to return to my dorm quietly late in the night and leave it quietly early in the morning.

The hostel was very cheap and we were only needing beds for about five hours or so. There is no storage in the actual rooms.. You have to pay for it downstairs, and even then it is not locked up from others. We were put in the highest room up 9 or so flights of stairs despite booking at least a month ahead. Overall it's a cheap place that is fine for a couple of nights if you don't have larger bags and wish to have good security

• 17th Aug 2014

Great hostel! I picked a 6 bed female dorm which meant I shared the bathroom -which was really clean- only with those other 5. It's located exactly across the bus stop to and from the airport, wifi is excellent, beds have a usb port to charge your phone or tablet, breakfast was fine, staff was really friendly. The only thing that could've been better were the fuses in the kitchen that blew every morning so you couldn't use the toaster, microwave and water boiler for some time. But great hostel!

Excellent stay as always, thank you to the helpful staff!

The hostel was nice, but I was thrown into a stuffy top room that was kind of a pain to get to -- We couldn't even get WiFi from our room. The ensuite bathrooms and the personal bedlights and USB ports were very nice touches, however. Very convenient location and good on-site facilities.

Huge hostel. Difficult to get the room. Location is great to walk around the city and get to airport bus easily. Kitchen is a little small for such many customers.

Phenomenal. Super friendly and helpful staff, great environment, large kitchen and eating area, room was beautiful with working wifi, and my own outlets (including USB) and lamp at the head of my bed. Centrally located, lots of room for talking to others or finding your own quiet, comfortable space (which is not common to find, in my experience) to chat with a friend or make that important phone call. One of my favorite stays.

I´ve just stayed for 2 days, but my general impressions were very good, staff is super friendly and willing to help, location is so handy, the rooms are comfy and clean, and the breakfast is delicious and with the best relation value for money I ever saw in Ireland; I will highly recommend the hostel to all my friends and family! Keep with the great job!

• 13th Aug 2014