Abrahams Hostel Reviews

82 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

I had a great stay there - the front desk staff was awesome and really helpful. However the staff in the kitchen weren't as friendly. Overall I had a great experience. I felt safe, clean facilities, and the value for your money is excellent. Would definitely recommend anyone going to Dublin to stay here.

The breakfast table could include toasters. Also, when checking in the staff should note to guests about the labyrinth of hallways and levels throughout the hostel.

Best ever! Do try any other place cause i have and it's the best!

Very good for a cheap stay, not so social.

Every time you leave the building you have to hand in your key and then ask for it back once you return which is quite annoying. The breakfast was average and the dishes were dirty. Every room is locked and you must constantly be buzzed in which is annoying. The building seems like it's going to collapse soon. The charging stations on your bed was convenient and the staff was helpful and nice. I love hostels with a good atmosphere and this hostel did not have a good atmosphere at all.

Too noisy. I was in a private room and could hear people walking, talking, laughing and shutting doors all the time. Internet barely working in my room.

• 25th May 2015

We booked a double bedroom and had a nice,cosy room with a double bed and a bunk bed. But the double bed was the most uncomfortable bed ever and it squeaked loudly when you turned around. The bathroom was clean but the flush made howling noises. Wich was really annoying. Apart from that it is a relly nice hostel, with good breakfasat and a nice kitchen. we arrived around 9 in the evening and the kitchen closes at 9:30 would have been nice to know that in advance before we bought food to cook.

Me and my friend stayed a night in an 8 beds mixed room, the building is a bit old but the rooms and ensuite bathroom were okay and clean. I especially appreciated the plugs and light on top of each bed. Breakfast was average and we had to queue for a bit to wash our plates, which nearly made us miss a bus (suggestion: be sure to have plenty of time for breakfast)

It was awesome that every bed has its own outlets and reading light! The building itself is really big and it can be hard to get from one place to another, but the signage does help. I'm not sure why they don't give you keys, surely a piece of paper (that looks like a boring old receipt) is easier to lose than a physical key; I know mine disintegrated in the rain, so maybe not the most effective system.

Only stayed one night. Not the best place to meet people but it was good value for the money spent. A little bit of a walk from the main areas.

It's a very nice hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. The beds were some of my favorites compared other hostels as each one has own power plugs and USB ports. Which was extremely useful as other hostels usually have one wall plug in the room to split amongst 8+ others. It's few minute walk to core of Dublin, which is really good. Not too far compared to others well, and still being one of cheapest hostels.

• 14th May 2015

Nice hostel, the only problem was my big luggage and lot of stairs ;-)

Was nice place to stay but not very social, I was glad I had come with a friend and didn't count on meeting people there. Overall nice and helpful staff though and clean beds and bathroom.

Showers were a bit off, they were either really hot or really cold. Staff was great, super friendly and willing to explain all that's around to do in Dublin for you. Lots of large groups and school groups, as a solo backpacker it might be a bit hard to find other solo people who are willing to chill and do things with.

We didn't have any problems during our stay. Everything is well organised, security and cleanliness were great and that was the most important for us. We slept in 16-bed room and it was better then expected, great value for money. Hostel is at the great location with breakfast included. We enjoyed and recommend!

• 11th May 2015
  • Croatia

Very good attention

• 8th May 2015
  • Mexico

Hotelish. Everything is clean and nice. Great location. Free breakfast. If you've got friends with you this is great. If you're solo I'd look elsewhere. Zero atmosphere.

Great hostel, modern bunk beds with reading lights and sockets. Ensuite room and good mix of visitors from all over the world. Nice breakfast and friendly staff. Definetely, one of top 5 hostels in Dublin.

The staff is very friendly, but disregard any hope to rely on the hostel's wifi - the worst ever I have used in my life. I personally don't like en suites rooms - that's my preference though - particularly with the inroom tap only (it's just noisier). Well fitted kitchen and good breakfast included. The room was not bad but that door is noisy guys ... just some lubricant please! And no places to hung over anything ... that was frustrating, with no lockers in the rooms even ...

I had a great experience. Keep up the good work, thank you!