Abrahams Hostel Reviews

82 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

Absolutely loved my stay there! Met some cool people and the breakfasts were splendid. Did lots of cooking with some free/communal ingredients and I felt that was a nice gesture. Very spacious and the kitchen was a good spot for gatherings.

Although I only stayed here for one night, this was an excellent hostel to stay in and it was right near everything. It was fantastic to be back in Dublin, after visiting here last year. Ireland is a fantastic country and the people are all very friendly and easygoing. They also do a free walking tour here and they are always fantastic fun and very popular amongst the mostly younger people.

When arriving had some Trouble with some Girls planning to let some of their boyfriends sleeping in my bed. On the other Hand... they were cute....

• 28th Feb 2015

Only the girl on the reception was actually friendly and gave some info. The guys were blah, especially the one in the night shift. It really kills the last chance to have an ok opinion about the place, since it lacks charm and it`s quite dirty. The bathroom in room 21 is a disaster. Black mold - yack! The price is not low enough to justify that. I can understand that renovation costs a lot of money, so no complains on the style, but there is no excuse to not keep the place clean.

The shower was covered in black mold and the wifi only reaches the first and second floor.

When I arrived back from a night out, the room was full and the bed I had made, someone was sleeping in it. I notified the front desk, but the guy was not too helpful insisting there should be 2 beds free. So I went back to reception to again explain there weren't any, I eventually got given a key to another room. But having to make a bed at half 1 in the morning, on my birthday with a room away from my friends wasn't what I had imagined. My concern is that no one seemed to apologise.

Radiator still leaking, steped in to wet patch, wasn't clear, what bed is free as they all had a covers. Toilet didn't flush. The only thing was nice -the breakfast.

We stayed here about 5 weeks prior to this stay and we definitely saw a big improvement! It seems that the hostel was under some sort of renovation when we stayed here the second time, but it did not really get in the way with anything except for the fact that we didn't have water for a bit, but that was not a problem, since it was only for a little while. The staff was great as always!

You get what you pay for. Shared public rooms are crowded. Not a bad hostel for what you pay for, but definitely not one of the best hostels in Dublin. If you don't mind sharing rooms and bathrooms with 15 other people, Abrahams is good. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Abraham is one of those hostels that are ok to be just one or two nights, but being more nights may drive ones crazy! The bedrooms with 12 beds had only one bathroom, with just one shower and not even a bin. The good things? Personal and (awesome) breakfast included!

The staff was really friendly and always willing to help. They offer lockers in various sizes and they also have a luggage room, which can be used for free. Furthermore, the staff was available 24/7 and the bathroom was cleaned every day. The breafast was average. Besides, I was able to cancel one night and I got my money back for it. Very nice!

• 21st Feb 2015

The hostel was cheap and in a great location, however only 1 toilet was available in a 16 bed dorm as the other was out of order. The window was broken off its hinges so couldn't be closed and we were on the ground floor so I was a bit concerned about my belongings. The radiator was leaking too so the floor was very wet by my friends bed. However, I'd recommend this hostel, the staff were friendly, each bed had its own reading light, USB port and plug socket and the airport bus is right outside

The guy working at the front desk for the night shift did not act like he cares at all about how we felt while staying there. The last night I was there, someone else took my bed, so I didn't have a place to sleep. When I asked the staff, he didn't try to do anything for me. Organization of the rooming/bedding arrangements were horrible. Also, the wifi was absolutely terrible, barely ever working which was very frustrating.

• 19th Feb 2015

Staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was poor: cereal, toast, yoghurt and tea/coffee. Other hostels I have stayed in have offered more variety for a similar price. The bathroom was unclean but the bed was comfortable. This hostel seemed to attract very noisy and inconsiderate people throughout - I have stayed in many hostels but I have never had to deal with people having showers at 3am and 4am. I did not sleep for three nights. AVOID!

This hostel was really nice! It is really cheap and breakfast is included. The atmosphere was good and the dorms were clean, the beds are good and it is really nice that you have a reading lamp, sockets, USB ports at every bed. The only downsides were that the halls are really long, there are a lot of doors and a lot of stairs. From our room (50) to the kitchen is like 150 meters and 3 staircases up and down. Furthermore, the toilet flush was broken all the time.

One of the cleanest hostel I've been staying inm Good Breakfast!

Best hostel in Dublin for sure!

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Overall it was good, the breakfast was better than this from the other inn we were before. Wifi didn't arrive to the room but there were usb connections to charge your devices which was nice.

no hot water in bathroom in the evening

Upon arrival at Abraham's Hostel, the staff was not much help when it came to checking in besides taking my money. I asked if there was a spare bed (which I later found out there was) in a room with all of my friends because they had me separated from my group even when we booked together. Next, the bathrooms were moldy and unkept. The beds were clean but the heater did not work the first night. It was not a bad overall stay, but I would not stay here again

• 5th Feb 2015