Abrahams Hostel Reviews

82 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

Good, pretty normal hostel stay!

Great location close to city center. Nice and clean. Great value for money!

One of the best trip, I felt really good there, staff always kind and ready to give any sort of help.

Thank you about words Japan rugby team.

Very clean hostel, from the hostel in general to the linen. the hostel was pretty quiet. the location is excellent, it is just in the city centre.

• 24th Oct 2015
  • Belgium

The girl who checked me in was not very friendly or all that helpful. The room I was staying in was quite an adventure to get to it would have been nice to have a little more guidance. Also they had metal crates under the beds but you couldn't lock them. They had lockers you could rent for an additional charge

I had a fantastic time in Dublin! Abrahams Hostel had good potential, overall was ok! Rooms had everything you needed but could do with being a little bigger. Communal areas large- bit of a rubbish atmosphere but thats due the people not the hostel! Breakfast- a loaf of bread and a few eggs?! I would rather pay less and go out for brekkie! Staff were great, check in was lengthy and the guy never gave us so much as a smile! Also had to step over a homeless guy to get in on two occassions!

• 23rd Oct 2015
  • Wales

I stayed in the 10 bed female dorm. All of the girls were very friendly and it was nice to have a clean, private bathroom in the room. I was a bit upset when woken up at 1 AM one evening by staff member from reception demanding to see all of our receipts because the hostel had made a mistake and overbooked our room. The staff member didn't even apologise and left the room with the lights on; reception just shrugged it off the next morning when I politely mentioned it. Otherwise, all was ok.

This is a very basic hostel.Its not that its bad but there is nothing really interesting about it.Its very big with many rooms and the fact that they have different small common areas around the hostel may make it hard to meet people.The kitchen is ok but it should be more clean.I really didnt like the fact that there arent any lockers in the rooms and you have to pay 5euros for a 24hour private locker outside of the room.The staff is very polite and friendly though.

Set up a bit like a maze. All the facilities were nice and breakfast was great. But the overall set up of the building was a big drawback for us

Had a 12-mixed dorm room, only had one bathroom for all of us, and one shower. It was do-able, but I've been to better hostels. Breakfast was great, staff was super nice, and the location is fantastic.

Staff were always welcoming, helpful and willing to help. Kitchen was always clean, I saw workers in the kitchen working really hard to keep everything clean for other people staying in the hostel as some residents obviously left their cutlery and dishes to be cleaned by the cleaner instead of taking it upon themselves. Rooms were inspected and cleaned daily, hallways and spaces to relax in were always clean.

• 20th Oct 2015

Very good one, I had already spent a week there about 1 year ago, and didn't look good that time. The room they put me in this time was very very good, they have those beds with electric plugs and usb, light ... they don't do your bed but to be honest I prefer to see the fresh linen ... cleanliness is important for me. The kitchen is well fitted with everything you need and they always leave some bread and jam out of the breakfast in there. Breakfast is good too. Location is just perfect ...

Better Wifi in the rooms and in common areas, dust the ceilings/walls-saw a lot of cobwebs up there

The hostel was a decent bed for cheap. It won't blow you away with its beauty or charm, but again, very decent. The staff were somewhat clipped when we talked to them, as if they had been dealing with a lot and didn't have time for any small talk. This is not the case with most of the other hostels we have stayed at where the staff have been incredibly friendly upon check in and generally attempt to make you feel right at home.

Perfectly located but very disappointed about the atmosphere. Sofas and arrangement of the free space do not encourage meting people, no music or specific activities.. It's only for sleeping , for which the beds were comfortable.

A party of 7 ladies, we absolutely loved our stay at the hostel. Felt very safe, everyone must be buzzed into the building to be entered. Rooms where cosy & beds comfortable. Daytime staff were great, two young lads - not sure what their names where, forgot to ask. We also enjoyed the breakfast - free! The location was great, a small walk to temple bar, we named 'The Celt' our local, which is a great old fasionaed Irish pub which is right at the lights. I would highly recommend staying here.

• 16th Oct 2015

Good hostel to stay, price/quality, nice location the enviroment was not bad, the people in the room was very nice. The doors of the rooms need to be fixed. Breakfast not bad, it's simple, Milk, cereals, bread, yogurt, eggs and fruit. A little bit noisy at night but it depends on the people you're going to find there. Conclusion:for the price and for a 2 ou 3 nights i would stay there again.

Generally good, old facilities eg shower. No hooks in shower.

It wasn't bad but it certainly wasn't great. An incredibly average hostel. I've had better and worse stays for more and less money. For the price, it met standards and certainly nothing above. The location was pretty good, I greatly disliked having to pay extra for lockers, that would be my biggest complaint. The lockers are about €5 a day, that on top of the initial price we could've probably stayed somewhere nicer or closer to temple bar or both.