Abrahams Hostel Reviews

82 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

It has been a pleasure to have spent the time in this hostel. Nice and kind people, everything cleaned and tidy.

Very hot during stay in our room. Very good breakfast.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Slovenia

I would recommend staying at Abraham house. The rooms, bathroom and kitchen are kept clean. There is plugs, a light and USB charger at every bed which is really handy. The brekkie is decent, toast and cereal, the usual. The security is good but it's quite a process, you have to buzz to get into the building, then show a receipt to get your room key and then buzz to get into the part of the building with the rooms. It was a bit annoying when reception was busy. Overall it is a good hostel.

The hostel location etc was alright. Just the room. Need more cleaning although is not in a really bad state that is unlivable.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

During our stay, in the first few hours, some pounds got lost from our backpack, which we noticed on the last day when we were about to head to UK. There were no locks provided, but one could buy quite a cheap lock from the poundshop nearby. The showers smelled like pee and the light in our other toilet did not work properly. Still, there was lot of space in the dorm and the location was superb! I would still recommend the hostel, especially because of the location!

A reasonable hostel close to the city centre and an easy walk to anywhere you'd like to go. Airport bus stops right outside the door, all the staff were friendly and helpful.

Abraham House felt pretty safe, and was located pretty close to a lot of major attractions in Dublin. You can walk pretty much anywhere within the city. The breakfast left a bit to be desired, but it was nice that sheets were provided. Rooms were small and a bit stuffy. Overall it felt decently clean. It was appreciated that bunk beds had individual sets of outlets and small reading lights.

• 18th Jul 2014

I can really advise the Abrahams House. Location direct Dublin Centre with less than 2 minutes to go to the next bus station and less than 5 minutes to the next pub. The staff was very frendly and I had some very nice conversations with them.

• 18th Jul 2014

The area the hostel is located, is perfect to do Dublin by walking. Every bed had a USB-power-station and a lamp. No dishes has been clean at the breakfast and all the doors has been sticky.

I liked that hostel, especially the rooms were great because u can charge ur phone on the bed like. The lobby just doesn't look good but the rest of this hostel is nice. :)

• 16th Jul 2014

Hostel perfectly localized. Even though I visited Dublin for the first time I didn`t have any problem with finding the place. Staff was also super-friendly. And breakfast was awsome. I really recommend the 'Abraham`s house hostel'.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Poland

A lovely hostel just outside of the central hub of Dublin (about a 5-10 min walk fro O'Connell St). Location is good if you don't want to be in the middle of the tourist crush - depends on what you're looking for! The staff were all very friendly and helpful, the beds and rooms were clean and well-maintained. Be prepared for climbing a lot of stairs - you can go up four or five flights if you're up in one of the top rooms. Nice clean facilities en-suite. Great hostel, especially for the price!

Rather small room (5-bedroom), but clean, safe, excellent location and very nice breakfast included.

We loved the breakfasts - thanks! Misunderstanding regarding family in dormitory. Maybe it could be built into electronic booking that wrong booking is not allowed? Night staff was very helpful, but not day staff.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • South Africa
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Very clean and very helpful staff. Location is brilliant as only 10 minute walk from I Connell street

• 12th Jul 2014

Advertising wifi throughout hostel, but even in common areas it was often difficult to use/access.

• 11th Jul 2014

Welcoming stuff. We took a 10 dorms room, so I advice to take earpluggs. The showers are hot but look in bad state. Free breakfast ( and good ) but not really a warm atmosphere between the gests, rather neutral. The hostel is very close to the docks so you might hear the seagulls in the early morning.

Dirty bathrooms and shower really small for 183cm person like me. The locks of the doors bad and my roommates didn't even understand to lock the door with turning the key when leaving. Wifi was really good. Boring common areas and hallways.

Moderate. Could be a bit cleaner, but considering the size of the hostel, it is I guess hard to keep every room clean. Luckily I had a room at the far end and it was quiet. I had no problem with the location and the neighbourhood. Staff were nice and available all the time for questions. For Dublin, it is a good value for the money.

A nice surprise! A clean hostel with nice rooms, privacy, a very good breakfast. Great price! I recommend!