Abrahams Hostel Reviews

82 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

I was thinking if they add also the word "BULA" beside the word Welcome which also means Welcome in the Fijian Language . It is just my wish the hostel doesn't necessarily add this word but its up to the management of the hostel.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Fiji

I stayed in a 10 bed dorm. It was on the top floor and very hot. When we first walked in there were flies but they went away after a while. It was nice to have a bathroom within the room that had toilet paper and hand soap. The breakfast in the morning was good. It wasn't too far of a walk to anywhere and a free walking tour stopped by the hostel to pick you up everyday. The bus from the airport also stopped right outside the door which was convienent.

Overall, I had a good experience. It was my first time staying at a hostel and I was impressed. The best part was the staff they were really helpful and friendly. I was a big weary about the cleanliness of the bathroom but they worked fine and had plenty of hot water. I would stay again if in Dublin.

• 1st Jul 2014

Best hostel in Dublin

Location is great and that's about it. The place is old, sheets were sketchy, the bathroom was horrible and I hated the fact that the bathroom was inside the room. Anyway, it was pretty cheap, so it's ok for the price.

I was very happy with my stay! Clean, fairly close to everything, internet in almost all the hostel, nice breakfast until 10.30 and bunkbeds with a lamp and spaces to plug in your electrical devices. Nice staff. And I payed only 9 euros a night! :)

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

location is very nice security is also good, , staff was helpful , one negative point is that i have to carry my heavy luggage at 4th floor by stair and every time after moving in the city i have to upstair , there is no lift which is negetive a . one more thing that i have to pay in euro i request them that kindly keep pound as security by the time i come in the evening i will exchange euro but they refused and immediately i rushed to the market and found the foreign exchange shop

• 29th Jun 2014
  • India

Nothing spectacular to report but would definitely be fine with staying here again. I had issues with my room and the staff was polite.

Abraham House was enjoyable to stay at. Great value for my money, lovely location near the center. Excellent kitchen for cooking and hanging out to watch some football games during the World Cup.

• 28th Jun 2014

Got to say, this hostel is ok, nothing fancy though. Only thing I would change is that it would be nice for each person to have a locker to store their stuff, at least the important stuff like passport etc. the are lockers downstairs next to the common area, but you have to pay for them, and it's not cheap. Just about every hostel I've been to has secure lockers of some sort that are included in the price. But overall, a nice stay

Very nice staff! the room was quite small and the wifi didn't work in the room. the breakfast wasn't too bad: toast, jam, cereals, tea, coffee, hot chocolate milk. near to the center. not perfect, but good value for money. I would come back again.

The night staff man was pretty rude, and consistently gave people the wrong key to their rooms. This happened to another girl staying in a different room while I was there as well so it's kind of a pattern. Other than that, though, it was a nice stay.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in, out of dozens. Staff always upbeat, friendly and helpful. Lots of room to sit to eat or read email. Full self-catering. Great breakfast room and EGGS for breakfast! Awesome.

Everything was cleaned daily, there was a power-point per bed. There was a really good sized kitchen and was kept clean. The staff were really helpful and approachable. Wifi was really good too. Would definately recommend this hostel!

I stayed only one day here. The place seemed nice and the help yourself breakfast is amazing! Highly recommended

Excellent

This place is a hostel farm! It is huge, and it may take 10 doors to get to your room. The wifi is ok in the common rooms but doesn't reach in the rooms. You don't have a personal room key. You will need to return it before you leave and pick it up when you come in. The staff is friendly and helpful and will get you situated with any of the available tours. Breakfast is pretty good with eggs, toast, yogurt, cereal, etc.

A box to ask for a down stairs room for elderly people carrying suitcases. The fridges were not well organised & our food was found on a table next morning from a named closed bag.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand
  • All Female Group, 41+

Lovely people. God bless you all. :)

I loved my stay at the Abraham House-- perfect location, secure, clean. Probably the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in.

• 13th Jun 2014