Abrahams Hostel Reviews

82 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

The cleanliness of the room was horrible: there were black stains in the narrow shower that looked a lot like mould and the sink was clogged for a few days. My bed was given away DAYS before my check out day and even though some of my belongings lay on the bed. Every other day the breakfast wasn't on time but up 'till 20 minutes late, which is totally inconvenient if you didn't come as a tourist but to work in Dublin.

• 29th Oct 2014

we really enjoyed our stay in the hostel and to meet all the People from all over the world.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

The only negative point is the door of the room, people left it opened because it was so noisy and hard to close it. Warm, clean, bathroom in the room, bed comfortable with own plugg and light.

Very good hostel

I had a good time there the people is really gently and you met a lot of people in lobby was a really good choice, if I need a hostel again I'll go to Isaac hostel

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

I know it's not you I could blame for this nonetheless I felt like you should know about this: I booked a ladies bedroom (8 beds) and one of the girls brought a guy with her in the middle of the night, who stayed until morning.

Hi, I was in a room 52 and in the bathroom you can see the lovelly sticker " please save water" when both taps are broken and water is leaking all time. Same problem in the kitchen sink.... Please Abraham hostel, help us save our ressources... Fix all hostel taps Thanks for the planet

• 23rd Oct 2014

We had a nice stay. It was a bit confusing to find our room but we really enjoyed it!

• 21st Oct 2014

Good hostel

• 21st Oct 2014

Wifi is good, staff is helpful. Great location. rooms are not clean. I don't think our bathroom (for 12 people) got cleaned once during my stay. Towels left on the floor turned brown... Also 2 men shared a bed in the full room.. Staff was very helpful in getting me a new bed away from being a 3rd person in their... love life? kinda dirty. There was a chicken strip in one of the toilets for my whole trip...? Also several older people (past 40) were there. and sometimes it made me uncomfortable

The best thing about this hostel was it's facilities - each bed in my room had its own lamp and TWO outlets. They also had a substantial breakfast with quite a bit of selection. Lacking in community culture, but I would definitely stay here again.

No security of any kind in the 6-bed dorm I stayed in. Free luggage room downstairs, but had to pay for lockers. The hallways and rooms just smelled bad and stale, like they had never been cleaned. Witnessed staff being extremely rude to others about their misunderstanding of the room key handling. Maybe they should learn to explain it better. Common rooms are practically nonexistent, so don't come here looking to meet people. Breakfast was okay, but silverware was unbelievably dirty.

Not that bad really, nice staff, hepful and friendly

During my stay in Dublin I have been in different hostels, subject to availability. If I come back to Dublin then Abrahams Hostel will be my only choice. Nice, friendly and helpful staff.

I stayed in a mixed bedroom. It wouldn't hurt to have a bin in the bathroom since us girls sometimes need to use pads and tampons, and it's a bit annoying to have to take them with us outside where everyone can see. Also having a hanger in the shower to put the clothes would be fantastic. Some of the beds were really noisy (check them in case they're half broken) and the sockets didn't work everytime (and one of them fried my mp3, I had to buy a new one) Everything else was good

i just love everything about Abraham Hostel!! but it would be great if there is any map/direction/or assistance from O'cornell street to the place because when i arrived, i am kinda lost :)

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

It was lovely here... Staff was very friendly and helpful; ready to ive appropriate information about hotl as well as about Dublin. Cleanin & kitchen staff working hahrd to keep the level high.

I felt like entering Hogwarts, the place is a labyrinth. There is NO WIFI in the rooms, which I expected after their website telling "WIFI throughout building". There is only WIFI in the draughty hallways and at the reception, not even in the kitchen. The poorly equipped kitchen is a relative catastrophy. Way too small for so many people. Breakfast was the same as in the other A-Star-hostels. For the 10 E/night that I paid, it was definitely good enough! Clean&safe. Wouldn't pay more for it.

For the most part the staff were helpful. We encountered someone at the counter later in the night who wasnt particularly helpful/friendly/informative. They claimed our room was on the second floor when it was more like 4th or 5th. Lots of stairs, I really mean A LOT. Terrible if you've forgotten something in your room..ha! Our room stunk, I think purely because there were so many bodies in it and no ventilation. Downstairs in the kitchen was nice and the breakfast was good.

The only good thing about Abraham's hostel is the staff. They are absolutely excellent, friendly, helpful, welcoming, and have a sense of humor.

• 9th Oct 2014