Abrahams Hostel Reviews

82 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

Abrahams Hostel was in a good location, the staff were lovely, and it was easy to check in. The downsides were the uncomfortable beds, crappy pillows and quilts, and the fact that it was dirty and falling apart. There was an included breakfast - cornflakes, toast, tea - but I personally would buy my own food, and use the kettle/toaster/microwave instead. I wouldn't stay here again.

• 29th Sep 2015

We had a room with 18 people in it and it was not able to open the windows. That was awful!

I had a great time, met a lot of people and it felt like home for the entire time (two weeks). The staff is amazing. Everyone is very nice, helpful and supportive. Thank you guys. See you next time! :)

• 26th Sep 2015

Great staff. Room was nice, but only had pay lockers by front desk. Also, stayed in a 4 bed dorm but there were only 2 plugs which is really inconvenient. Location was quiet and safe, a bit farther than ideal from the center, but not bad.

One of the staff members are very unpleasant. Also, the layout of the hostel was poor. If you have to stay the night its fine, but there are so many better hostels in the area if you are trying to meet people and want a friendly atmosphere.

• 25th Sep 2015

We were at the tail end of a really busy 8 day 5 city trip and all we wanted was a burger and a place to crash. The staff helped us out with a great place to grab a bite and got us into our room right after we checked in. The facility is a bit of a maze but there are a lot of signs with directed on room numbers and kitchen facility is huge and can seat a ton of people. Also seemed to have a lot of great areas to hang out and meet other people too.

It was nice & they were helpful.

Paid VERY little money for a nice hostel located right in Dublin city centre. Very helpful staff, always available and willing to give useful information or advice about facilities and/or things to do in the city. Absolutely recommended

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Everything going very well until I check in the day that I come back from. Galway. The reception collect 38 euro from me . When I try to find out why it so expensive I got the answer that was the cost of 2 nights Before I leave for Galway I did ask the reception to book one night and he didask me back that if that was Sunday Which I say yes . I hope that you would not make me pay for your reception mistake . And give the money overcharged .19 euro back to me immediately. Thank.

Room was ok and clean but the bathroom was kind of mouldy and damp.

I was missing lockers in the dorm rooms. It would be more secure and a better service to have lockers in the dorm (wiht your won padlock). A computer at the reception or sitting area with access to the internet for free would be an improvement. Breakfast is excellent!

This hostel is fantastic! Loved the room (didn't even mind that the shower leaked a lot or that the door squeaked really loud when you opened it), loved the staff and loved the atmosphere! I hope to come back someday!

• 19th Sep 2015

This wa my first ever hostel experience and it will be difficult for others to top. Felt very safe, location is great and the staff were very kind and helpful. For a 12 room dorm it was cleaner then I was expected. Very happy breakfast was included. The one small downside is I found it a bit difficult to mingle with others as the common areas are a bit small. But still had an excellent stay.

Good location, friendly staff, good breakfast, dorms were a little cramped: a bit more space to leave your personal stuff would be better, unfortunately no free personal lockers in the dorms, good self catering kitchen, though it would be convenient if it would be available until a little later at night (although I understand staff want to clean it not too late at night), unfortunately no pc with internet available for free.

The 3 of us chose the 5 Bed Mixed Dorm Ensuite. We met 2 wonderful dorm mates during our stay. I felt quite safe staying there and the people (including the other guests) are nice and friendly. The bedroom and the bathroom are clean, but the heater for the shower isn't working (apparently it works well in other dorms). We couldn't reach the wifi from our room (maybe coz it's a bit too far from the main building) but it works well in the common room. Overall it was a great experience for us!

Perfect location, quiet neighborhood and a great breakfast

Great price and the great staff. Hostel is in a fantastic location. Literally the front door is 10 steps away from the bus stop to the airport. I highly recommend if you're at a budget and needing good access to the airport

The staff here were so lovely, and the location was great. It's near all the stuff. My room smelled bad, I think it was just my room though, so I think I could have asked for a different room but whatever...

If you need somewhere to stay don't shy away but don't expect much either. It's a huge facility and has a tiny common room. I'd try and stay somewhere else for more than a couple days but in a pinch it will work.

Great hostel central to everywhere. Would stay there again