Abrahams Hostel Reviews

82 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

When I arrived back from a night out, the room was full and the bed I had made, someone was sleeping in it. I notified the front desk, but the guy was not too helpful insisting there should be 2 beds free. So I went back to reception to again explain there weren't any, I eventually got given a key to another room. But having to make a bed at half 1 in the morning, on my birthday with a room away from my friends wasn't what I had imagined. My concern is that no one seemed to apologise.

Radiator still leaking, steped in to wet patch, wasn't clear, what bed is free as they all had a covers. Toilet didn't flush. The only thing was nice -the breakfast.

We stayed here about 5 weeks prior to this stay and we definitely saw a big improvement! It seems that the hostel was under some sort of renovation when we stayed here the second time, but it did not really get in the way with anything except for the fact that we didn't have water for a bit, but that was not a problem, since it was only for a little while. The staff was great as always!

You get what you pay for. Shared public rooms are crowded. Not a bad hostel for what you pay for, but definitely not one of the best hostels in Dublin. If you don't mind sharing rooms and bathrooms with 15 other people, Abrahams is good. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Abraham is one of those hostels that are ok to be just one or two nights, but being more nights may drive ones crazy! The bedrooms with 12 beds had only one bathroom, with just one shower and not even a bin. The good things? Personal and (awesome) breakfast included!

The staff was really friendly and always willing to help. They offer lockers in various sizes and they also have a luggage room, which can be used for free. Furthermore, the staff was available 24/7 and the bathroom was cleaned every day. The breafast was average. Besides, I was able to cancel one night and I got my money back for it. Very nice!

• 21st Feb 2015

The hostel was cheap and in a great location, however only 1 toilet was available in a 16 bed dorm as the other was out of order. The window was broken off its hinges so couldn't be closed and we were on the ground floor so I was a bit concerned about my belongings. The radiator was leaking too so the floor was very wet by my friends bed. However, I'd recommend this hostel, the staff were friendly, each bed had its own reading light, USB port and plug socket and the airport bus is right outside

The guy working at the front desk for the night shift did not act like he cares at all about how we felt while staying there. The last night I was there, someone else took my bed, so I didn't have a place to sleep. When I asked the staff, he didn't try to do anything for me. Organization of the rooming/bedding arrangements were horrible. Also, the wifi was absolutely terrible, barely ever working which was very frustrating.

• 19th Feb 2015

Staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was poor: cereal, toast, yoghurt and tea/coffee. Other hostels I have stayed in have offered more variety for a similar price. The bathroom was unclean but the bed was comfortable. This hostel seemed to attract very noisy and inconsiderate people throughout - I have stayed in many hostels but I have never had to deal with people having showers at 3am and 4am. I did not sleep for three nights. AVOID!

This hostel was really nice! It is really cheap and breakfast is included. The atmosphere was good and the dorms were clean, the beds are good and it is really nice that you have a reading lamp, sockets, USB ports at every bed. The only downsides were that the halls are really long, there are a lot of doors and a lot of stairs. From our room (50) to the kitchen is like 150 meters and 3 staircases up and down. Furthermore, the toilet flush was broken all the time.

One of the cleanest hostel I've been staying inm Good Breakfast!

Best hostel in Dublin for sure!

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Overall it was good, the breakfast was better than this from the other inn we were before. Wifi didn't arrive to the room but there were usb connections to charge your devices which was nice.

no hot water in bathroom in the evening

Upon arrival at Abraham's Hostel, the staff was not much help when it came to checking in besides taking my money. I asked if there was a spare bed (which I later found out there was) in a room with all of my friends because they had me separated from my group even when we booked together. Next, the bathrooms were moldy and unkept. The beds were clean but the heater did not work the first night. It was not a bad overall stay, but I would not stay here again

• 5th Feb 2015

Staff miserable but great location if you are just stopping there a night to get somewhere the next day. Wouldn't recommend staying there if you are trying to meet people or have fun. It did the job for me 'cos I was just staying there as a quick base and they had normal shower heads not those wanky push button 5 second squirt showers. (Y)

Good place to go with more than 4 friends

• Spain

I stayed in Abraham's Hostel for 4 nights with 5 other girls, so we were in a 6-bed female room and had the whole room to ourselves. We had little to no complaints about the hostel considering how cheap it was! The staff were friendly and helpful, the breakfast was hearty, it was a 5 minute walk from the city center & about a 15 minute walk to temple bar, but overall had a good location. The beds were comfortable & everything was clean, and the wifi was fine unlike some other reviews.

• 4th Feb 2015

The people at the hostel is really nice and helpful. They are always answering your questions. Unfortunately the building is a bit old and the cleaning is not the best.

There was a little mix up with the beds (it was around 12 at night) but it got sorted out straight away in a kindly manner.

• 3rd Feb 2015