Absoloot Value Accommodation Reviews

50 Beach St, Queenstown, New Zealand

Best location. Staff super helpful with booking my tours.

• 22nd Mar 2015

great hostel. free wifi. clean. kitchen a bit small for the number of ppl.

This hostel needs a dining area! The exisiting area is in the crowded kitchen, not at all lending itself to a relaxing meal. We would recommend getting rid of the computer area in the lobby (no one uses is as all have hand-held devices) and moving the reception desk to the right of the entry. Then use those combined areas for dining. Great location though!

Amazing hostel, the location is great, right in the middle of town on the edge of the stunning lake. The hostel itself is very well thought out and the little perks like free wifi and towels make it feel more classy than your average hostel! The dorms are clean and the beds are comfy. The games room and chill out areas make it easy to meet people and have fun for free! I will definitely be back and have already recommended it to friends! Thanks Absoloot =]

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Kazakhstan

Shaun and his team made us feel right at home in their amazing hostel, although our stay with them was short we can't wait to come back and stay longer, 10\10 A+++

• 4th Mar 2015

Lots of street noise for front rooms which is fine if you are a party person, but maybe not so great for those that go to bed early. Wifi not great, didn't work some of the time.

Great stay, great hostel, spacious room and convenient en suite. I stayed in nomads the previous time I was in QT, but much preferred Absoloot!

They upgraded us to a 4bed dorm which was cool. The atmosphere was awesome. All the travellers there are nice! The kitchen had everything you need too. It IS a bit small but you're there to cook and not to chill so that's alright. The staff clean up very well and the whole building is clean. The talc perfume that they use also smells very nice. The staff were helpful and nice. They even called a lot of other hostels to help out a girl that needed a place to stay that one night. amazing service!

The location can't be beat. It's right in the middle of town so it's super easy to get anywhere. The rooms are nice, but there's a gap between the door & wall in the bathroom so there's zero noise privacy. You can hear what everyone is doing and they can hear you. Awkward. Also the kitchen is way too tiny for the number of people. It's poorly set up so you are constantly running into someone. The common room is a bit lifeless. There's great wifi though (and it's free) and the staff are great.

Great location. Room is a bit small. Upper bed is smaller than the lower one so if you check in late, you will have to stay in a small bed. Kitchen is too small so I can see a number of backpackers staying there prefer boiling water for their instant noodle rather than cooking their own food. Wifi is free. Overall, it is highly recommended!

It was an amazing stay, greatest 5 days of my life! A

• 8th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Excellent location, clean rooms with comfortable beds.

This hostel was cheap and cheerful, exactly what I wanted for a couple of nights away. The room was clean and the bathrooms nice, the shower was one of the best I've had in a 'budget' hostel. The en suite per dorm leaved little to the imagination but it was nice to not have to wander down corridors to find the loo. Overall, I would recommend to anyone staying in Queenstown for a few nights on a budget.

Very comfy 4-bed dorm, great location and wonderful staffs! It wasn't easy to pick wifi up though.

I had been in this backpacker. It was great spot,r but quiet small kitchen, but it is cleaned. room also good

• 12th Jan 2015

Cool place! Nice facilities except for kitchen that was way too small. It bugged me that you weren't allowed to turn off the ac.

This hostel is right in the centre of town between the lake and the centre - Fergburgers and all the tourism/tour booking offices is around one corner, the lake is behind it! It's very clean, they have great towels and bathrooms, the kitchen is very clean and cosy! Security is good too - we each have our own swipe cards to get into our rooms!

The facilities would also have received an excellent rating except that the kitchen was very small and closed during the night. It was supposed to open at 7am but I went down three times and it was still closed. Since I had an 8 o'clock bus to catch, I had to buy breakfast which was a bit annoying. I had a fridge and microwave in my room and could have made breakfast there but I didn't have any bowls or utensils. The kitchen should be 24 hours.

Central, close to Ocean, Clean

very loud bar at night, kept us awake

• 4th Jan 2015