Absoloot Value Accommodation Reviews

50 Beach St, Queenstown, New Zealand

This hostel was cheap and cheerful, exactly what I wanted for a couple of nights away. The room was clean and the bathrooms nice, the shower was one of the best I've had in a 'budget' hostel. The en suite per dorm leaved little to the imagination but it was nice to not have to wander down corridors to find the loo. Overall, I would recommend to anyone staying in Queenstown for a few nights on a budget.

Very comfy 4-bed dorm, great location and wonderful staffs! It wasn't easy to pick wifi up though.

I had been in this backpacker. It was great spot,r but quiet small kitchen, but it is cleaned. room also good

• 12th Jan 2015

Cool place! Nice facilities except for kitchen that was way too small. It bugged me that you weren't allowed to turn off the ac.

This hostel is right in the centre of town between the lake and the centre - Fergburgers and all the tourism/tour booking offices is around one corner, the lake is behind it! It's very clean, they have great towels and bathrooms, the kitchen is very clean and cosy! Security is good too - we each have our own swipe cards to get into our rooms!

The facilities would also have received an excellent rating except that the kitchen was very small and closed during the night. It was supposed to open at 7am but I went down three times and it was still closed. Since I had an 8 o'clock bus to catch, I had to buy breakfast which was a bit annoying. I had a fridge and microwave in my room and could have made breakfast there but I didn't have any bowls or utensils. The kitchen should be 24 hours.

Central, close to Ocean, Clean

very loud bar at night, kept us awake

• 4th Jan 2015

Excellent value for money. Staff were able to answer all questions.

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

If i come back to Queenstown, I'll try to go back to Absoloot, you can't beat the location and it was clean and cosy

I appreciated the courtesy, friendliness and help of the staff at Absoloot Value Accommodation. Thank you for storing my luggage for a week while I hiked the Milford and Routeburn Tracks. The kitchen was always clean during my stay at Absoloot Value Accommodation and I really appreciate the work of the staff to keep the premises clean.

Great hostel, awesome rooms In a very nice area!! Would stay again for sure

Four bed dorms are reasonably sized, light and airy. There is street noise as it's right by pubs but closing the windows helps

Nice little hostel in the perfect spot! Comfortable rooms, en suite in our 6 bed dorm was a nice touch; cleaned every day too. Free wifi!!!!! Had a lovely 4 day stay, no complaints :)

Positive: Awesome location in the middle of the town! Nice and helpful staff. Free towels, free Wifi, free ear plugs!! Great launge und nice atmosphere, own bathroom in dorm bed rooms :) Negative: Low shower pressure and small kitchen. We would recommend it, best hostel in Queenstown! :))

AVA was surprisingly quiet for it's prime beach front location. Everyone staying there was respectful of the kitchen- kept it clean and organized! Really great that you got a towel instead of using your own. Only downside is that you havere-log into the wifi each time you want to use it! Great value overall!

• 11th Dec 2014

The location is great, clean bathrooms. The kitchen is small and it gets busy very often. Nice staff.

Really nice location by the water, staff are super sweet and all seem to get on really well. Wifi is not great (but ok). Kitchen is a bit small. Rooms are clean and beds are comfy. Would recommend.

Generally, convenient place to stay. The upper bunk bed in the room we stayed were facing just inches below the air cond which is very inconvenient and uncomfortable with it blowing intermittent cold/hot air directly during sleep. Brought matter up to staff, but were told we have no choice due to fully booked. Suggest management to look into alternate suitable arrangement for bunk beds.

Nice rooms, perfect location but kitchen is ways too small!