Absoloot Value Accommodation Reviews

50 Beach St, Queenstown, New Zealand

This is just a fantastic place to stay if you are a backpacker. The location is unbeatable. The staff are very friendly and nice to talk to. The dorms and bathrooms are clean. The recreation facilities are also very nice. I would definitely stay in this place the next time I'm in Queenstown

Friendly staff and free wifi. The only drawback is smaller kitchen.

One of the best places I've stayed whilst travelling around the South island.

I ended up staying for 6 nights in total. The reception staff were always very friendly and helpful (including when I wanted to swap beds to a double from a top bunk in the same room, store my bag for 3 days, lost my key and couldn't get in and when I broke my key!). The kitchen is quite small but I hit lucky and was able to cook in peace and enjoyed the chat at other times. The tv room is lovely and it's very handy having a fridge and tv in the four bed bunks. The location is great!

Awesome location. Very new hostel great facilities and atmosphere. I highly recommend it. Would stay there again for sure!

Sweet location! Nice staff and very good TWO PERSON bunk beds (high single bed - low double bed).

The name of the hostel tells everything - absolute value! The room was quite small but very clean and with a lake view from the window! Just in the middle of the city! There is no parking but on the next street you can find a parking place.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Russia

Great place, great people! The best hostel I stayed at during my trip in NZ. The rooms are very good although rather normal hostel rooms - however, with a en suite bathroom (I stayed in a 4 bed room). Communal area (TV, Pool) is awesome! same applies to the people working at the respection - friendly, smart, very nice. oh - and the location: directly next to the lake and no inner city place you wanna go to is more than 5mins walking distance. go and check it out yourself!

• 24th Mar 2014

Perfect location and awesome staff. Loved the free tea/coffee. It was worth every penny!

Fantastic the gentleman at front counter was great. Information about the hostel was great.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

Great lake front location. Almost only long term stayers. No real community space. Kitchen quite small and no windows. All in all rather a hotel with shared rooms. So depends what you want.

We booked a double private with ensuite and the room was better than some hotels I have stayed in. There was a flat screen tv and a fridge as well as coffee/tea in the room. The location was great and central, the only issue being that the room faced the street and it was very noisy once people left the bar, nothing a set ear plugs wouldn't fix!

Nice hostel right in the heart of queenstown. Ensuite and plush towels a nice bonus. Stayed in 4 bunk room which had bedside reading lights, fridge and lots powerpoints:-) staff very friendly and helpful and free wifi fab! Only downsides - kitchen rather small and park outside a hangout in the wee hours which can be noisy. Otherwise great place to stay

ONo atmosphere, really quiet. Good for a good nights sleep but that's it.

Top notch!

Great staff, set up and atmosphere. Only negative is the hostel's proximity to the main square. If you have a room facing the square you're pretty much guaranteed a 4am wake up call by the utter morons outside coming back from a night out and needlessly screaming and shouting...yeah we get it, you're drunk, well done u.

Only ended up staying here one night, so not too much to say. The staff was very helpful and even let me store my bag all day while I went to Milford Sound. The location is really central, but it made it really noisy at night, which I guess is fine if you're partying, but I was waking up early. The kitchen was nice as well, and having a bathroom in the room was nice.

Absoloot shouldn't change a thing they are a fantastic hostel, defiantly good value for money including perks. Very clean and modern too. Staff are friendly yet professional.

• 10th Feb 2014

Great staff, helpful and knowledgable. Cleaned everyday, offer towel. Good area to relax, good tv. Pool table great and in the centre of down.

• 8th Feb 2014

Fantastic hostel. The location is unbeatable, which adds to a fun traveling community atmosphere within the hostel. You can find both quiet time as well as social time, depending on what you are looking for. The staff of amazing gentleman (and Lucy, of course) are incredibly knowledgeable - very relatable and fun while also remaining professional. Throughout my travels, this is without a doubt the best hostel that I have stayed at. I would highly recommend it to anyone headed for Queenstown!

• 28th Jan 2014