Absoloot Value Accommodation Reviews

50 Beach St, Queenstown, New Zealand

We stayed in a private double room and had a gorgeous view of Lake Wakatipu. I really liked how we had our own ensuite bathroom, made it feel more private and cleaner. Bed sheets and pillows were the most clean and comfortable of all the hostels we stayed. Excellent location. Kitchen was a bit tight and small esp during peak evening times. Seemed like there were more visitors in their early 20s. We appreciated the curfew as the room was next to the tv room.

Very clean , good location. Kitchen on the small side but very clean

• 7th May 2014

Staff attitude could have been better. Excellent facility, room has couch, microwave oven and refrigerator.

What an amazing hostel. Have been traveling for 4 full months now and seen quite a lot of hostels. The bigger the hostels are, the worse they seem in my experience. Though this one is different: in one room no more than four people! A refrigerator, power sockets everywhere, free wifi (with good speed, I uploaded my website with it!) and a private bathroom used by 4 people, instead of 40 (depending on the hostel size) anonymous people.

The most comtable place I've stayed in! The bed were so nice and a cosy duvet! Right in the center on town. Kitchen could be a bit bigger but a nice lounge/playroom area.

This is the best hostel I stayed at in NZ. Only downside I saw was the cramped/small kitchen, but I didn't use it, so it didn't matter to me.

I would definitely recommend this hostel to friends! It's in a great location to access town, parking isn't too far away for those who have rented a car, and it's got a great atmosphere. Made some good friends in the three nights I stayed at Absoloot, and I left my mark by drawing a tile that they use to decorate the walls! Wasn't a fan of the kitchen and common rooms closing at 10pm, but other than that I had a great experience.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Great location with views of the lake and in the middle of the city. Nice room with own small bathroom. Beds could be better.

This is just a fantastic place to stay if you are a backpacker. The location is unbeatable. The staff are very friendly and nice to talk to. The dorms and bathrooms are clean. The recreation facilities are also very nice. I would definitely stay in this place the next time I'm in Queenstown

Friendly staff and free wifi. The only drawback is smaller kitchen.

One of the best places I've stayed whilst travelling around the South island.

I ended up staying for 6 nights in total. The reception staff were always very friendly and helpful (including when I wanted to swap beds to a double from a top bunk in the same room, store my bag for 3 days, lost my key and couldn't get in and when I broke my key!). The kitchen is quite small but I hit lucky and was able to cook in peace and enjoyed the chat at other times. The tv room is lovely and it's very handy having a fridge and tv in the four bed bunks. The location is great!

Awesome location. Very new hostel great facilities and atmosphere. I highly recommend it. Would stay there again for sure!

Sweet location! Nice staff and very good TWO PERSON bunk beds (high single bed - low double bed).

The name of the hostel tells everything - absolute value! The room was quite small but very clean and with a lake view from the window! Just in the middle of the city! There is no parking but on the next street you can find a parking place.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Russia

Great place, great people! The best hostel I stayed at during my trip in NZ. The rooms are very good although rather normal hostel rooms - however, with a en suite bathroom (I stayed in a 4 bed room). Communal area (TV, Pool) is awesome! same applies to the people working at the respection - friendly, smart, very nice. oh - and the location: directly next to the lake and no inner city place you wanna go to is more than 5mins walking distance. go and check it out yourself!

• 24th Mar 2014

Perfect location and awesome staff. Loved the free tea/coffee. It was worth every penny!

Fantastic the gentleman at front counter was great. Information about the hostel was great.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

Great lake front location. Almost only long term stayers. No real community space. Kitchen quite small and no windows. All in all rather a hotel with shared rooms. So depends what you want.

We booked a double private with ensuite and the room was better than some hotels I have stayed in. There was a flat screen tv and a fridge as well as coffee/tea in the room. The location was great and central, the only issue being that the room faced the street and it was very noisy once people left the bar, nothing a set ear plugs wouldn't fix!