Absolute Backpackers Reviews

28 Wongaling Beach Road, Mission Beach, Mission Beach, Australia

Lovely setting and location but double rooms like boxes and need updating. Our room was very noisy at night due to the pipes in the wall I think. No wifi in the rooms.

Extremely clean, friendly and helpful staff, easy walk to the beautiful beach (Wongaling Beach - not Mission Beach town centre).

i had a great stay at this hostel! i stayed 4 days and really enjoyed my time. the hostel is very quiet and nothing like a party hostel. staff was very friendly and everyone of them knew my Name which was nice. i had great evenings with the other guests just sitting outside after dinner and having a nice chat. woolworths and a bottleshop were super close and the beach was a short walk away. I would definitely recommend this hostel if you just want to chill out and enjoy your time!

Really nice hostel. Was only here for the night but would've stayed for longer if possible. Nice pool and garden area with secure overnight parking. Dorms were clean and kitchen was massive with lots of cooking space so didn't have to wait at dinnertime. Over the road from a Woolworths too. Bathrooms were fine too. Live in staff were very friendly and approachable as well.

Very clean and quiet hostel! The atmosphere is great since it is one of the smaller hostels! Staff is super helpful, free shuttle tours daily! Wifi is not too good but better than nothing. All in all a great hostel which I would definitely recommend!

Good hostel with plenty of stuff for you to do with guided walks, pool and table tennis. Big kitchen and super friendly staff. Location is good if you're doing a skydive but if not then it's a walk to the town

In all, a very average Australian hostel. We had a private room which was smaller than most privates I've been in, but it did have a sink in it for brushing your teeth. The sink was nice to have, not something I usually see either. The location isn't great. It is very close to the bus station and Woolworths, but it's actually about 3 km out of Mission Beach. The kitchen is very well stocked. They need to update their own website though. Their policies are out of date.

nice friendly staff and good atmosphere. only stayed in mission beach to do a skydive as there's not much else to do there.

Excellent hostel! I had a really good time there! I went for one night and stayed 3. Beatiful place, rooms, kitchen and toilets are big enough, so clean. Very good social environment and activities organized everyday to share with other guests. Kitchen open 24 hs and offer coffe/tea for free. I totally recommend it!

Bathrooms were clean. Bedroom appeared clean but found a lot of ants on closer inspection. There was a cool movie room and a pool, although we didn't use it. Close to the supermarket but a way out from mission beach village. Atmosphere was a bit weird here, quite quiet and the owners were a little over bearing.

the staff was lovely. There is not much to do in mission beach but nonetheless we had a lot of fun anyways. Games, pool and watching movies. Thanks to the staff!

Very nice and friendly staff, good location ( close to beach and woolworths) and clean beds. Free tours and barbecue. I enyojed my time and am happy that I stayed here.

The hostel is in a good location, close to the beach and shops and is well laid-out and well-kept. The facilities of note that we used include a large, well-equipped kitchen, a pool, bbq area, ping pong table and large amount of outdoor seating, both covered and uncovered. The only things we found inconvenient during our stay were the need to give a cash key deposit when many hostels will keep the credit card number on file, the cold showers and the air con in our room didn't work.

Relaxing hostel, nice staff!

Nice cosy hostel. Just 5min by foot to the main bus stop, next supermarket, bottleshop. The free activities: quiz nights, rainforrest walks were super nice and a good way to meet other travellers. The pool area, kitchen and common/ tv room are cute and it's super clean. Well it's nice for a stopover, otherwise there is not really much going on in Mission Beach.

Great, clean, relaxed hostel. The man who owns it is very friendly and kind, the kitchen is well equipped and easy to cook in, the TV room is so comfy and air conditioned, room clean, highly recommend!! Thank you

The staff here are absolutely lovely. They go above and beyond to help you. Me and my friend needed help with a few questions and the lady behind the desk who has been working all day literally sorted everything for us. The staff are so friendly and make u feel really welcome. The rooms are clean and comfortable and a really comfortable tv room which came in handy as we had bad weather during our stay. They also meet u from the bus and organise shuttles to the beach. Great place to stay!

The staff were really nice and helpful, especially when it came to letting us know what we could do. They also provided a free shuttle so we could do different walks around the area.

Perfect hostel if you're looking to chill after your skydive!

• 3rd Mar 2015