Absolute Backpackers Reviews

28 Wongaling Beach Road, Mission Beach, Mission Beach, Australia

Excellent hostel! I had a really good time there! I went for one night and stayed 3. Beatiful place, rooms, kitchen and toilets are big enough, so clean. Very good social environment and activities organized everyday to share with other guests. Kitchen open 24 hs and offer coffe/tea for free. I totally recommend it!

Bathrooms were clean. Bedroom appeared clean but found a lot of ants on closer inspection. There was a cool movie room and a pool, although we didn't use it. Close to the supermarket but a way out from mission beach village. Atmosphere was a bit weird here, quite quiet and the owners were a little over bearing.

the staff was lovely. There is not much to do in mission beach but nonetheless we had a lot of fun anyways. Games, pool and watching movies. Thanks to the staff!

Very nice and friendly staff, good location ( close to beach and woolworths) and clean beds. Free tours and barbecue. I enyojed my time and am happy that I stayed here.

The hostel is in a good location, close to the beach and shops and is well laid-out and well-kept. The facilities of note that we used include a large, well-equipped kitchen, a pool, bbq area, ping pong table and large amount of outdoor seating, both covered and uncovered. The only things we found inconvenient during our stay were the need to give a cash key deposit when many hostels will keep the credit card number on file, the cold showers and the air con in our room didn't work.

Relaxing hostel, nice staff!

Great, clean, relaxed hostel. The man who owns it is very friendly and kind, the kitchen is well equipped and easy to cook in, the TV room is so comfy and air conditioned, room clean, highly recommend!! Thank you

The staff here are absolutely lovely. They go above and beyond to help you. Me and my friend needed help with a few questions and the lady behind the desk who has been working all day literally sorted everything for us. The staff are so friendly and make u feel really welcome. The rooms are clean and comfortable and a really comfortable tv room which came in handy as we had bad weather during our stay. They also meet u from the bus and organise shuttles to the beach. Great place to stay!

The staff were really nice and helpful, especially when it came to letting us know what we could do. They also provided a free shuttle so we could do different walks around the area.

Perfect hostel if you're looking to chill after your skydive!

• 3rd Mar 2015

I stayed for 5 nights at Absolute and really loved it. It was so chilled out and the staff really made it for me. They treated people so personally and really cared. The hostel is immaculately kept and the pool was great. With a free shuttle up to the north beach or various walks it meant you could venture out if you wanted. Really good atmosphere, and a lovely place! Thankyou! :)

Lovely helpful staff in a very clean hostel! Would definitely recommend! Thanks guys!

• 25th Feb 2015
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

No air condition in the room, but overall a good hostel. Wifi is limited. Short ways to the bus stop, Woolworths and beach.

Amazing hostel!! Staff were excellent and really inviting and helpful. Not a bad word to say about a single one! The rooms are immaculate! Literally spotless! This has to be the cleanest hostel we have stayed in, if you can even call it a hostel! It's more like a hotel! Not a bad word to say about this place. So relaxed and chilled out. Just what we needed for a few days break. If you're staying at mission beach and haven't booked this place, you need to give your head a shake! :) x

We got off the Greyhound bus and the shuttle was there waiting for us without any booking and despite it being a 500m walk - it was much appreciated with heavy backpacks!! As soon as we arrived the staff were very friendly and welcoming and the place has a really chilled out atmosphere that you miss out on when you stay with the big chains I hostels. The room was so spacey and cool at night. Also it's very close to Woolworth's. Overall a very pleasant stay and would definitely stay again!

The staff is most of people travelling around Australia so sometimes you don't know if the person is another backpacker or someone from the staff. This can be really confusing when you need something from the staff. The rooms have 2 doors, a glass door that goes to the veranda and another one that is the real door and they don't lock automatically, because of this I found my room many times open. No lockers.

Absolute backpackers is by far one of the nicest hostels I have stayed at in my year of travelling. The staff are so friendly and go out of their way to help you and make you feel at home. The bathrooms are immaculate as are the dorms (really comfy beds too) The TV room is ideal and has a massive sofa and bean bags to chill on whilst watching one of the many DVDs u can borrow for free from reception. I wish every hostel was like this! Thanks for an amazing stay :)

• 2nd Feb 2015

We loved our stay here! The staff make you feel welcome from the moment you get there and they exceed expectations when it comes to helping you out. Mel and Jake organised lots of activities for Australia day and also made the effort to speak to everyone! I also had my birthday there and my girlfriend needed help trying to keep a couple of things secret which they did brilliantly and they looked after me the whole day! Erin also deserves a special mention for all her hard work!!

The staff here are great, so helpful and friendly. location is good, close to the beach, woolworths, bus stop and bottle shop. kitchen and bathrooms are nice and are always clean. we had a great time, will definitely be back!

Great hostel - Mel & Jake are excellent hosts; they offer plenty of cheap/free activities in the local area and are extremely friendly. Brilliant atmosphere & vibe in the hostel, all about fun times. Really enjoyed my stay!

View all Mission Beach Hostels