Absolute Backpackers Reviews

28 Wongaling Beach Road, Mission Beach, Mission Beach, Australia

2 minute walk to Greyhound Bus stop, Woolworths, and bottle shop. 5 - 10 minute walk to Beach where you can watch skydivers. Clean facilities with a great chilled atmosphere (but not boring) loved TV room and free DVD rental. No lockers in the room but they have ones to rent outside room (only negative). Huge kitchen and staff were awesome. would stay again and reccommend!!

• 1st Oct 2015

Staff met us at Greyhound bus stop and walked us to accommodation (about a 3 minute walk). Very friendly staff, clean rooms amd good facilities. Right next to beach, Woolworths over the road, and in walking distance to sky dive centre. Brilliant location as there isn't that much to do in mission beach. Everything is on the doorstep. (Even a bottle shop across the road!)

• 21st Sep 2015

We enjoyed our stay here, but might stay in North mission next time. The kitchen is huge and kept very clean, as are the bathrooms. The double room smelt a bit damp and was on the small side, but other than that was fine. The hostel uses travellers as staff, which made for quite a cliquey environment. It was quite uncomfortable when a group of employees made fun of some guests as soon as they left. Also a lot of activities were promised but few took place (although the free BBQ was very good).

Thanks for your feedback, we try very hard to include everybody in all hostel activities, some times people are interested other times time's they just want to chill, or hang out with their friends. The guests who our staff commented on, had been caught "borrowing" cloths from a local shop, we have addressed the matter with our staff.

Lovely setting and location but double rooms like boxes and need updating. Our room was very noisy at night due to the pipes in the wall I think. No wifi in the rooms.

Extremely clean, friendly and helpful staff, easy walk to the beautiful beach (Wongaling Beach - not Mission Beach town centre).

i had a great stay at this hostel! i stayed 4 days and really enjoyed my time. the hostel is very quiet and nothing like a party hostel. staff was very friendly and everyone of them knew my Name which was nice. i had great evenings with the other guests just sitting outside after dinner and having a nice chat. woolworths and a bottleshop were super close and the beach was a short walk away. I would definitely recommend this hostel if you just want to chill out and enjoy your time!

Really nice hostel. Was only here for the night but would've stayed for longer if possible. Nice pool and garden area with secure overnight parking. Dorms were clean and kitchen was massive with lots of cooking space so didn't have to wait at dinnertime. Over the road from a Woolworths too. Bathrooms were fine too. Live in staff were very friendly and approachable as well.

Very clean and quiet hostel! The atmosphere is great since it is one of the smaller hostels! Staff is super helpful, free shuttle tours daily! Wifi is not too good but better than nothing. All in all a great hostel which I would definitely recommend!

Good hostel with plenty of stuff for you to do with guided walks, pool and table tennis. Big kitchen and super friendly staff. Location is good if you're doing a skydive but if not then it's a walk to the town

In all, a very average Australian hostel. We had a private room which was smaller than most privates I've been in, but it did have a sink in it for brushing your teeth. The sink was nice to have, not something I usually see either. The location isn't great. It is very close to the bus station and Woolworths, but it's actually about 3 km out of Mission Beach. The kitchen is very well stocked. They need to update their own website though. Their policies are out of date.

nice friendly staff and good atmosphere. only stayed in mission beach to do a skydive as there's not much else to do there.

Excellent hostel! I had a really good time there! I went for one night and stayed 3. Beatiful place, rooms, kitchen and toilets are big enough, so clean. Very good social environment and activities organized everyday to share with other guests. Kitchen open 24 hs and offer coffe/tea for free. I totally recommend it!

Bathrooms were clean. Bedroom appeared clean but found a lot of ants on closer inspection. There was a cool movie room and a pool, although we didn't use it. Close to the supermarket but a way out from mission beach village. Atmosphere was a bit weird here, quite quiet and the owners were a little over bearing.

the staff was lovely. There is not much to do in mission beach but nonetheless we had a lot of fun anyways. Games, pool and watching movies. Thanks to the staff!

Very nice and friendly staff, good location ( close to beach and woolworths) and clean beds. Free tours and barbecue. I enyojed my time and am happy that I stayed here.

The hostel is in a good location, close to the beach and shops and is well laid-out and well-kept. The facilities of note that we used include a large, well-equipped kitchen, a pool, bbq area, ping pong table and large amount of outdoor seating, both covered and uncovered. The only things we found inconvenient during our stay were the need to give a cash key deposit when many hostels will keep the credit card number on file, the cold showers and the air con in our room didn't work.

View all Mission Beach Hostels