Absolute Backpackers Reviews

28 Wongaling Beach Road, Mission Beach, Mission Beach, Australia

Great hostel, had a small problem with the airco but got within 2 minutes a solution + upgrade!! Really friendly staff!

• 1st Feb 2016
  • Belgium

We just stayed 1 night for a quick stop over to skydive. We booked through the hostel which is a smaller company, but they really went out of their way to make out trip so memorable. Extremely friendly and helpful staff, comfortable beds, lovely swimming pool, nice cooking area. Only issue was no air con but we did pay for a basic room. Would recommend to anyone wanting to skydive to book through them!

One of the oldest hostels that I've been. Staff was very good though. Not many things to do around. It's convenient if you need to use the Greyhound bus.

Thanks for your feedback, yes our hostel was built in the 1980's but it is lovingly taken care of & looked after. There are lots of things to do in Mission Beach, white water rafting, skydiving, Great Barrier Reef tours, rainforest walks, island tours, jet skiing, kayaking, crocodile watching tours, bars, restaurants, cafes & shopping, waterfalls, & of course beaches....

Great facilities - pool, tv room, pool table, laundry room, free tea & coffee, and table tennis! Staff weren't the friendliest but were polite enough. Great location for anyone getting the premier or greyhound bus - only a 5 minute walk away! Very clean and cosmetically one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Beds very comfortable :) Only downfall was the lack of air con in the room.

Thanks for the feedback. Absolute Backpackers does have air conditioned rooms if guests choose to stay in those rooms. We endeavour to provide rooms to suit all guests needs and affordability.

Very good hostal.

Nice hostel for a night in Mission Beach, close to the sky dive centre, which was the main reason we stayed there. Kitchen facilities are good and beds were comfy.

This is a great little peaceful hostel. Lacking a bit in atmosphere it does seem like the guys working in the hostels in exchange for accommodation can effect the atmosphere quite a lot. Des is great thougj as was the weekend manager. Kitchen is fulled equipped with plenty of space and really well located for the beach and super market. Not a great deal to do in this area though.

• 18th Nov 2015

A lovely hostel, would be great to pick it up and put closer to town. The only way to town was via a very expensive bus which was $7 one way not ideal for budget travelling. Girls on reception and owner des al very kind and helpful. They make the place so much more. Skydive direct with hostel as cheapest option, great staff on Dive's, brand new equipment highly experienced. A shame my photos were very poor quality, but I was the first ever jumper and have seen others that are perfect!

Stayed for one night. The owner was very friendly and helpful. Room was good, free wifi which worked in the room. Kitchen facilities were good although there was no kettle so you had to boil water in a pan but I believe it was broken so I'm sure will be replaced. Shower and bathroom facilities were good too.

Like a resort not a hostel all staff extremely helpful and friendly

• 7th Nov 2015

Klasse Hostel in MB! Unmittelbare Nähe zum Greyhound Stop! Saubere Küche und ein klasse Host! Chillige Atmosphäre. Würde hier sofort wieder buchen.

Great staff, friendly, basic rooms though, nowhere to place stuff, but I would stay again!

Had a lovely time at absolute. So chilled and relaxed. The cleanest hostel I've stayed in. Couldn't recommend more!

I stayed at Absolute for one night and really enjoyed my stay. The hostel is the cleanest I have stayed in so far, and the huge kitchen and rooms were really nice. The swimming pool is nice to relax by in the day, or the beach is only a 5 minute walk away. There isn't much going on in Mission Beach as a whole, but I would recommend staying here to anybody who is passing through to do a sky dive. The guy on the front desk was very friendly and welcoming.

The owner Ras and his staff really made me feel welcome! Great hospitality and it is a really nice hostel to stay. I stayed for 5 night and was not bored for a moment. It is very easy to get in contact with other backpackers. It is a very clean hostel. The kitchen, showers and toilets get cleaned every day. I can recommend everyone to stay at this hostel! Thanks again for my great stay :)

Brilliant hostel, amazing people

2 minute walk to Greyhound Bus stop, Woolworths, and bottle shop. 5 - 10 minute walk to Beach where you can watch skydivers. Clean facilities with a great chilled atmosphere (but not boring) loved TV room and free DVD rental. No lockers in the room but they have ones to rent outside room (only negative). Huge kitchen and staff were awesome. would stay again and reccommend!!

• 1st Oct 2015

Lovely place, perhaps more evening entertainment is in order though? Also due to the neighbouring caravan park we were told to turn our music off around 8/9pm, which wasn't ideal when we were celebrating a birthday. Definitely a place to unwind.

Staff met us at Greyhound bus stop and walked us to accommodation (about a 3 minute walk). Very friendly staff, clean rooms amd good facilities. Right next to beach, Woolworths over the road, and in walking distance to sky dive centre. Brilliant location as there isn't that much to do in mission beach. Everything is on the doorstep. (Even a bottle shop across the road!)

We enjoyed our stay here, but might stay in North mission next time. The kitchen is huge and kept very clean, as are the bathrooms. The double room smelt a bit damp and was on the small side, but other than that was fine. The hostel uses travellers as staff, which made for quite a cliquey environment. It was quite uncomfortable when a group of employees made fun of some guests as soon as they left. Also a lot of activities were promised but few took place (although the free BBQ was very good).

Thanks for your feedback, we try very hard to include everybody in all hostel activities, some times people are interested other times time's they just want to chill, or hang out with their friends. The guests who our staff commented on, had been caught "borrowing" cloths from a local shop, we have addressed the matter with our staff.

View all Mission Beach Hostels