Absolute Paris Boutique Hostel Reviews

1 Rue de la Fontaine au Roi, 75011, Paris, France

The girls at the reception desk were amazing. They helped us so much, especially the girl from Portugal! Someone who can speak your language makes a big difference. Thank you for everything.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Great location, nice staff and good amenities - wifi, computers, lockers, open 24 hours, nice breakfast. I booked a 4-person room and was nicely surprised to stay in a 2-beds room. There was no common room where to meet other travelers, except for the kitchen.

Really great location! Close to the metro and the canal near by is a nice place to have drinks at night. The hostel is a little old and doesn't quite look like the pictures, but still nice.

It was close to links and the staff were really helpful!just what we needed:)

• 6th Jul 2015

Too noisy because in the city near a road

The hostel was in good location and it was easy to get to the center from there but the hostel itself wasn't worth the money. It was not that clean (walls from the bathroom haven't been cleaned since forever ) and there was no luggage room. So everybody could have taken your stuff because it was in the corridor. There was no common room so you don't get to meet people .

Great breakfast. Rooms need to be cleaned more throughly and broken things like the shower head and door knob should be fixed.

The staff is very helpful with activity recommendations and metro directions. The complimentary breakfast was quite good. The walls of the rooms are not in the best shape. Sheets and towels are provided.

Not a friendly environment, by staff or by other bookers.

• 28th Jun 2015

I felt I was getting a good deal on the price, but I would absolutely pay slightly more each night elsewhere than stay in this hostel again. There was no AC (and it was 90+ degrees everyday I was there), the bathroom was really small, I could barely fit in the shower, the staff barely spoke English, there was no atmosphere, and the free breakfast was generic cereal and stale bread. The only positive was the nearby Republique metro station has easy access to all of Paris.

• 27th Jun 2015

No air conditioning, but that was only a problem because f the heat wave. Window opened which was nice though thee was a lot of street noise. Very affordable.

Paid for 6 bed mixed dorm for me and my girlfriend but we're bumped up to private twin room free of charge as it was empty, a very generous decision. Rooms were clean and secure, free safety deposit for valuables and always someone at desk. Kitchen however was just a kettle and one of the computers didn't work. Would stay again.

Booked a 2 bed private ensuite. Great value for money! I would compare this to a hotel as there is a daily room cleaning. Love the metro station this is located on. Good restaurants nearby. Only downfall is the elevator - we opted for stairs because it didn't look too reliable. Also, there were free small lockboxes to be used for personal items when out for the day. Breakfast in the morning is in basement with short ceilings but still had a nice selection of breads. I would stay here again!

I like the location, it's really close to the metro and the neighbor is good. There are many cafe and restaurent for you and also Mcdonald's just locate opposite of the hostel. I booked the room for 4 female beds, instead I got the room for 2 and that's fine for me. The room is nice, they clean and change the towel for me everyday. It's really value for money!

We enjoyed our stay, and everything was well in order (hot water, wifi, linnen, kitchen, lockers, helpful staff, ....). The only area for improvement would be the cleanliness. Even for a hostel the mold (not just a bit) above the shower was unacceptable. I'm guessing this was a known problem, since a ventilation system is in place that runs 24/7 (no noise hindrance), but it still doesn't seem to solve the problem. My suggestion would be to re-pain with a mold-resistant paint.

Felt more like a hotel than a hostel - except with dorms! Nowhere to meet other travellers though and quite a range of age of people staying. Nicely decorated rooms but very small! This is typical of Paris, however. The location is great, nice vibrant area and close to a major metro stop.

good location but no common place to interact with fellow travellers

The location was fine, the price was ok for Paris, but the room was quite basic. Ok in terms of value, but we had something stolen out of our luggage when we left it during the day as they didn't have a locked or closed area for storage.

• 15th Jun 2015

I’ve stay at hostels all my life. I love the feeling of sharing and communicating with people; however this is not the place to do so. There’s no common room or nothing interactive about it. I hate it when people post bad reviews about places because they had a bad experience, yet that’s not my case. I only stayed there a night, but being a hostel person myself, I would not stay here again. It’s not just super small that you can walk between beds, it smells pretty funny too. Additionally, they d

Very well located in all night party neighborhood. If you are looking for rest, this is not your place. If you are looking for a place close to day and night life with lots of activities, this is your place. Summary: Streets are noisy all night and day here.

• 10th Jun 2015