Absolute Paris Boutique Hostel

• ngelb
  • Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
19th Jul 2017
6.6

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very outdated and not so clean. There is no air conditioning in the room!!! There is a lot of noise at night from the main street. The shower in the room was unpleasant because you had to keep pressing it the whole time you are showering for it to work. The location is nice but not very close to the center of Paris.

• Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
18th Jul 2017
7.7

It's basically a hotel so don't expect it to feel like a hostel or have a good vibe or be a place to meet people. But still it was quite nice.

17th Jul 2017

This unique and colorful boutique hotel in the heart of the Republic district was one of my favorites this trip. Funky and colorful 3-bed room with its own bath, splashy red stairway and the coolest breakfast area in the basement that looks like an old stone cellar in the classic Parisian style. Speaking of, the included breakfast was so good with a wide spread of options. It was a hop from the metro and great small eateries. Also a market was across the street and definitely convenient.

• England, Male, 18-24
9th Jul 2017
8.0

I was booked into a dorm room however I was upgraded, for free, into my own private room. The room was clean, bed was comfy and there was a fan! There wasn't much of an atmosphere, it felt more like a hotel, although I didn't mind this as I'm not much of a party person. The location was great, very close to metro or a 25 minute walk to Notre Dame.

• France, Female, 41+
8th Jul 2017

In the high summer the hostel needs air conditioning in all rooms, this, it currently does not have. I had to sleep with the window open, the noise from the busy street was deafening! Apart from that the rest of the facility was very convenient! I enjoyed staying there and would return but not in the high summer!

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
7th Jul 2017

Very nice hostel with friendly and helpful staff. The only downside that we would was the location was quite far out as people that walk everywhere it was annoying but there is a metro for people more public transport inclined. Not really a hostel for solo travellers as there is no common room, but if that doesn't bother you I would recommend :)

• Canada, Female, 18-24
6th Jul 2017

This was more a hotel than a hostel. In an adorable old building with a balcony and a private bathroom. Right next to a major train station and in a hip neighborhood. The staff was very friendly and even gave us FREE BREAKFAST during our 3 day stay!!

4th Jul 2017
5.4

The bathroom was very small and had a strange smell. The shower stall was very small, so small I hit my elbows a few times while taking a shower. The biggest problem, NO AC AND NO FAN. The room was very hot, so we left the windows open overnight. This somewhat helped. However our room faced a very busy corner. It was almost impossible to fall asleep as we heard noises from the street all night long. I would not recommend this hostel.

• mosquito_food
  • Canada, Male, 31-40
2nd Jul 2017

We enjoyed our 7 day stay at Absolute. Great 24 hr staff. Quiet, clean, safe, comfortable room with shower/toilet. Great location with republic metro 5 mins away. Breakfast included with fresh croissants, bread and coffee. 2 restaurants and laundromat next door. Multiple restaurants, grocery stores, bank near by. Canal 2 mins walk, great place to sit and eat dinner. Wifi worked well but intermittently. Hostel should consider buying fans for rooms, can get toasty. We'd happily stay here again.

30th Jun 2017

My 2nd time here after 2 years. The rooms were always clean and sufficient. The young guy that checked me in was very nice and helpful. He and the other guy confirmed politely that I would be able to get perhaps a "croissant and coffee" at 6:30am on the last morning which I felt was fair because it's included in the room price but the check out guy made such an ugly face when I grabbed a cup for my hot drink (There is no one to wash it before 7:15). That's it?! A frown as a parting gift. Merci