Absolute Paris Boutique Hostel Reviews

1 Rue de la Fontaine au Roi, 75011, Paris, France

Paid for 6 bed mixed dorm for me and my girlfriend but we're bumped up to private twin room free of charge as it was empty, a very generous decision. Rooms were clean and secure, free safety deposit for valuables and always someone at desk. Kitchen however was just a kettle and one of the computers didn't work. Would stay again.

We enjoyed our stay, and everything was well in order (hot water, wifi, linnen, kitchen, lockers, helpful staff, ....). The only area for improvement would be the cleanliness. Even for a hostel the mold (not just a bit) above the shower was unacceptable. I'm guessing this was a known problem, since a ventilation system is in place that runs 24/7 (no noise hindrance), but it still doesn't seem to solve the problem. My suggestion would be to re-pain with a mold-resistant paint.

Felt more like a hotel than a hostel - except with dorms! Nowhere to meet other travellers though and quite a range of age of people staying. Nicely decorated rooms but very small! This is typical of Paris, however. The location is great, nice vibrant area and close to a major metro stop.

good location but no common place to interact with fellow travellers

The location was fine, the price was ok for Paris, but the room was quite basic. Ok in terms of value, but we had something stolen out of our luggage when we left it during the day as they didn't have a locked or closed area for storage.

• 15th Jun 2015

I’ve stay at hostels all my life. I love the feeling of sharing and communicating with people; however this is not the place to do so. There’s no common room or nothing interactive about it. I hate it when people post bad reviews about places because they had a bad experience, yet that’s not my case. I only stayed there a night, but being a hostel person myself, I would not stay here again. It’s not just super small that you can walk between beds, it smells pretty funny too. Additionally, they d

Very well located in all night party neighborhood. If you are looking for rest, this is not your place. If you are looking for a place close to day and night life with lots of activities, this is your place. Summary: Streets are noisy all night and day here.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

+ friendly staff, comfortable bathroom, clean - I was in a 3 bed mixed dorm and the beds were standing veeery close together

Staff didn't even know what time the louvre museum opens... isn't that pretty standard information to know??

Absolute Paris was the perfect hostel for what we were looking for. For an excellent price we had a cosy base to crash at just a thirty minute walk or less from the main riverside attractions of Paris and very easy to find near the Republique monument. We got a private ensuite room and the small bathroom was modern and new looking, and importantly very clean! Free wifi and breakfast (cereal, baguette, croissant etc) were excellent bonuses, and lockers were free for anyone who wanted them.

• 6th Jun 2015

Very good in general, convinient location near Republic metro station with 4 metrolines operating in it.Good breakfast in Paris standards: bread, coissant/pain au chocolat, cereals, juice and coffee. Friendly and very helpful staff,they help me multiple times with my airport transportation and checed timetaples for me as well as recommended attractions and cheap restaurant nearby. The only thing they could do better is the sheets - they have only 1 sheet and then blancet without any coverage...

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Finland

We had a great stay. Location is a bit far away but there is a subway station near. The staff was excellent and the room was clean and comfortable

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Argentina
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Generally it was an OK stay with the room not smelling and the sheets being clean with a TV in the room it was relatively nicer than your average hostel in Paris. HOWEVER as we were leaving to go home that hour we got stuck in their lift between two floors for about 15mins in the smallest lift ever! once out no one seemed to care and the horrible woman on reception didn't even apologize she actually thought it was amusing! Horrible staff!

Staff were very helpful. Hostel was close to the metro. Breakfast was included in the price and kitchen facilities were good. Security lockers were great for storing valuables. My room however had a very strong smell of damp and there was obvious water damage in the bedroom and bathroom.

I stayed 4 nights here, switching rooms halfway because of an error on my part that meant the staff put in extra effort to accommodate me. I was in 2 bed rooms with ensuite for both. I loved having an opening window, clean hot showers, laundry, a supermarket & restaurants next door. It was a great location!

It was a fine place to leave your bag and sleep. No atmosphere. Very loud even with earplugs. A terrible mold smell that permeated everything and even a pair of shoes that we had to throw away. The staff was fine. Neither above or beyond or extremely helpful. It was easy and a short stay. But won't be staying there again.

• 23rd May 2015

Overall this was an excellent hostel. The location was great, staff was very helpful and they keep their facilities very clean. The hostel provides one of the best kitchens ive seen in quite a while. The only very small thing I would change would be the bedding. The plastic covering on the beds made it a little difficult to sleep but I do understand why they do it. A great place to stay and would definitely stay there again! Please update your directions to the hostel.

This was a very nice place to stay for my one night in Paris. My roommates were very cool and we got along well. The location was perfect to go anywhere else in Paris and a fun atmosphere around the hostel. I would consider coming back.

Amazing! Value for Money= 100%. I went there with my mother and we really enjoyed it. The room was simple but with an amazing view, by the canal, the Wi-Fi worked very well. The showers was the only thing that wasn't marvellous, but was clean. The breakfast was all right, the location is really good, easy to go to everywhere. I super recommend it. Recomendo pela localizacao, simples mas muito bom.

• 16th May 2015

I stayed in this hostel occasionally. I reserved for wrong room in other hostel, so one night I should have spend in this place - St Christopher's Inn Paris - Gare du Nord. Now I realize that I would have stayed in Absolute Paris Boutique Hostel with much more joy. Shower and bathroom in each room. Location is good. Breakfast is included. And personel very friendly and clear in answering questions. Also, food markt is near.

• 14th May 2015