Absolute Paris Boutique Hostel Reviews

1 Rue de la Fontaine au Roi, 75011, Paris, France

BED BUGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very good ubication for going everywhere, good prices, good breakfast, highly recommended

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

no lockers in room, lockers beside reception is too small

I wanna stay there again if I go to Paris again

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • South Korea

I was bitten by bed bugs and spent the next 5 days of my holidays with red itchy bites on my ankles, up my legs, on my hands and arms and some on by body. One of my worst experiences ever I am sorry to say.

• 18th Sep 2014

It was nice being in a 4 bed room. The bathroom was large. The shower was awkward. You had to keep pressing it in to get more than 30seconds of water. The elevator is quite small too. So the 5 flights of stairs with a pack is exhausting. But overall we enjoyed our stay! The staff was very friendly.

The room was quite dirty and it got extremely warm in it without a fan or aircon. This was mid september, dont want to experience that in middle of sumer. The kitchen had no equipment what so ever. One day we couldnt even find a fork!

Good 1 night stay in a 4 person dorm. Room was clean, beds were comfortable. Wifi reached the rooms and was fast. Good location, restaurants close by. Would recommend!

Nice hostel, clean and quiet for Paris. The wifi is really good, we were on the fourth floor and got great connection. Breakfast was good however don't be last as if they run out of milk etc you'll miss out! Push button showers a bit annoying but private bathrooms so overall good times. Handy to Republique metro, cheap Italian restaurant on left as you leave is excellent!

Wonderful location, nice breakfast, electronic safes available. We got some old towels and the private bathroom was kind of small, but it surely was a good stay.

Great friendly and helpful staff.

• 18th Aug 2014

Room was so cramped i couldn't even get the door to fully open. Definitely should not have been three bunks in my room as you are very close to next person. Female staff were friendly. The man, i think his name was mohammed was extremely rude and unhelpful. Excellent wifi in room however bunks were so squeaky and unstable it was difficult to sleep. Also no ladders. Power point in room didnt work. Bathroom was pretty good. Very unsocial hostel

• 17th Aug 2014

Consistently above average. Nothing outstanding either however. Good value and have no worries about booking here.

The HOSTEL is too old and everything in there too. The rooms are too small and dark. No lighting. No common area. No plugs to charge your phone. No lockers.

Very nice location, and a nice room. The hostel completely lacked common areas for hanging out, thus lacking a lot of the hostel spirit.

BEDBUGS PROBLEM :((( I and my girlfriend stayed there four days and our holiday turned into a nightmare because of bedbugs.We had to change two rooms Staff apologised for this and paid for one day money as compensation.Our holiday ended four days ago but my girl friend is still suffering from bedbugs bites.She has a swollen face because of allergic reaction to bedbugs bites.She is having medical help and angry with me because my body didnt react to bites as harsh as hers :((

Absolutely unbeatable location for a hostel (trust me). Breakfast is pretty decent too. The four bed room had plenty of space (it even had a small table inside). No common area though, so if you're thinking about socializing you should look elsewhere. Another problem is, they don't have a locked room for you to leave your stuff after checkout, they just leave it in a hallway. Overall, it's still probably one of the best hostels in Paris and I recommend it.

They offer security box, this is very useful in Paris!

Bed bugs all over the room. So much I could see them crawling around the beds and ceiling. Big ones to babies and eggs. When I told the hostel (they did not seem surprised!) all I was offered was a change of room - most likely to another bed bug infested room. The stay was alright apart from this, but the bed bugs have ruined my stay not only in Paris but also at other places now that I have to deal with the aftermath of the bites. So disappointing.

Bed bugs, bed bugs and more bed bugs. Seriously the hassle it causes isn't worth it. So I'd recommend staying in one of the other 100 hostels in Paris. The lady at reception did help once I showed her the bites and put me in my own room, however the amount of money spent buying insect creams and sprays and using the laundry mat next door again wasn't worth it. Location and breakfast was good. Rooms are tiny however that is what is expected in Paris. Not an extremely social hostel.