Absolute Paris Boutique Hostel Reviews

1 Rue de la Fontaine au Roi, 75011, Paris, France

+ friendly staff, comfortable bathroom, clean - I was in a 3 bed mixed dorm and the beds were standing veeery close together

It's affordable and close enough to things. The bathroom in my room was surprisingly great, very clean. The room itself was ok but clean. However, the bed was itchy and uncomfortable. The girl at the front desk was very helpful and nice, but the night staff wasn't friendly. Also, they didn't check to see if I was actually a guest of the hostel when I returned late at night. I guess they assumed cause I look like a foreigner?? Lockers are very small, only for small valuables.

Staff didn't even know what time the louvre museum opens... isn't that pretty standard information to know??

Absolute Paris was the perfect hostel for what we were looking for. For an excellent price we had a cosy base to crash at just a thirty minute walk or less from the main riverside attractions of Paris and very easy to find near the Republique monument. We got a private ensuite room and the small bathroom was modern and new looking, and importantly very clean! Free wifi and breakfast (cereal, baguette, croissant etc) were excellent bonuses, and lockers were free for anyone who wanted them.

• 6th Jun 2015

Very good in general, convinient location near Republic metro station with 4 metrolines operating in it.Good breakfast in Paris standards: bread, coissant/pain au chocolat, cereals, juice and coffee. Friendly and very helpful staff,they help me multiple times with my airport transportation and checed timetaples for me as well as recommended attractions and cheap restaurant nearby. The only thing they could do better is the sheets - they have only 1 sheet and then blancet without any coverage...

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Finland

We had a great stay. Location is a bit far away but there is a subway station near. The staff was excellent and the room was clean and comfortable

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Argentina
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Generally it was an OK stay with the room not smelling and the sheets being clean with a TV in the room it was relatively nicer than your average hostel in Paris. HOWEVER as we were leaving to go home that hour we got stuck in their lift between two floors for about 15mins in the smallest lift ever! once out no one seemed to care and the horrible woman on reception didn't even apologize she actually thought it was amusing! Horrible staff!

Staff were very helpful. Hostel was close to the metro. Breakfast was included in the price and kitchen facilities were good. Security lockers were great for storing valuables. My room however had a very strong smell of damp and there was obvious water damage in the bedroom and bathroom.

I stayed 4 nights here, switching rooms halfway because of an error on my part that meant the staff put in extra effort to accommodate me. I was in 2 bed rooms with ensuite for both. I loved having an opening window, clean hot showers, laundry, a supermarket & restaurants next door. It was a great location!

It was a fine place to leave your bag and sleep. No atmosphere. Very loud even with earplugs. A terrible mold smell that permeated everything and even a pair of shoes that we had to throw away. The staff was fine. Neither above or beyond or extremely helpful. It was easy and a short stay. But won't be staying there again.

• 23rd May 2015

Overall this was an excellent hostel. The location was great, staff was very helpful and they keep their facilities very clean. The hostel provides one of the best kitchens ive seen in quite a while. The only very small thing I would change would be the bedding. The plastic covering on the beds made it a little difficult to sleep but I do understand why they do it. A great place to stay and would definitely stay there again! Please update your directions to the hostel.

This was a very nice place to stay for my one night in Paris. My roommates were very cool and we got along well. The location was perfect to go anywhere else in Paris and a fun atmosphere around the hostel. I would consider coming back.

Amazing! Value for Money= 100%. I went there with my mother and we really enjoyed it. The room was simple but with an amazing view, by the canal, the Wi-Fi worked very well. The showers was the only thing that wasn't marvellous, but was clean. The breakfast was all right, the location is really good, easy to go to everywhere. I super recommend it. Recomendo pela localizacao, simples mas muito bom.

• 16th May 2015

I stayed in this hostel occasionally. I reserved for wrong room in other hostel, so one night I should have spend in this place - St Christopher's Inn Paris - Gare du Nord. Now I realize that I would have stayed in Absolute Paris Boutique Hostel with much more joy. Shower and bathroom in each room. Location is good. Breakfast is included. And personel very friendly and clear in answering questions. Also, food markt is near.

• 14th May 2015
  • Russia

Other than the cleaning ladies waking me up, my stay was great. So close to the metro. Really convenient location.

• 11th May 2015

There where 2 fire false alarms un a 3 day stay.

• 6th May 2015
  • Argentina

I had some issues with the shower because you have to keep pressing the handle down to let it keep working, but overall this was a very nice place to stay. The location is directly beside the Canal St-Martin and it was very easy to find and get around. Being a solo female traveller I felt extremely safe and comfortable in the area. The only thing I would have enjoyed was if there had been planned nightly excursions to be able to meet new people!

Great stay! The staff were very nice!

Loved our stay here! Got upgraded from a mixed dorm to a private room with bathroom and gorgeous windows, for no additional charge. Complimentary breakfast is fabulous, and there is a small market 2 seconds across the street if you want to cook for yourself. Great proximity to metro station. Would highly recommend morning run to Montmartre if you're into that sort of thing, and if you want to walk to the Louvre etc it's completely doable. Reception was very kind and recommended sight-seeing.

My husband and I stayed there for 2 nights. The daily cleanliness was very poor. The only thing that they did was to take the garbage out. There was no rug in the bathroom and it easily became grubby, and it was still dirty after "daily cleaning". There was no proper space to leave the luggage. They stay in the corridor between the kitchen and the reception. Nothing happened to my bags, but I don't know how is it during high seasons. Breakfast is good and staff is pretty good.