Absolute Paris Boutique Hostel Reviews

1 Rue de la Fontaine au Roi, 75011, Paris, France

I felt I was getting a good deal on the price, but I would absolutely pay slightly more each night elsewhere than stay in this hostel again. There was no AC (and it was 90+ degrees everyday I was there), the bathroom was really small, I could barely fit in the shower, the staff barely spoke English, there was no atmosphere, and the free breakfast was generic cereal and stale bread. The only positive was the nearby Republique metro station has easy access to all of Paris.

• 27th Jun 2015

No air conditioning, but that was only a problem because f the heat wave. Window opened which was nice though thee was a lot of street noise. Very affordable.

Paid for 6 bed mixed dorm for me and my girlfriend but we're bumped up to private twin room free of charge as it was empty, a very generous decision. Rooms were clean and secure, free safety deposit for valuables and always someone at desk. Kitchen however was just a kettle and one of the computers didn't work. Would stay again.

Booked a 2 bed private ensuite. Great value for money! I would compare this to a hotel as there is a daily room cleaning. Love the metro station this is located on. Good restaurants nearby. Only downfall is the elevator - we opted for stairs because it didn't look too reliable. Also, there were free small lockboxes to be used for personal items when out for the day. Breakfast in the morning is in basement with short ceilings but still had a nice selection of breads. I would stay here again!

I like the location, it's really close to the metro and the neighbor is good. There are many cafe and restaurent for you and also Mcdonald's just locate opposite of the hostel. I booked the room for 4 female beds, instead I got the room for 2 and that's fine for me. The room is nice, they clean and change the towel for me everyday. It's really value for money!

We enjoyed our stay, and everything was well in order (hot water, wifi, linnen, kitchen, lockers, helpful staff, ....). The only area for improvement would be the cleanliness. Even for a hostel the mold (not just a bit) above the shower was unacceptable. I'm guessing this was a known problem, since a ventilation system is in place that runs 24/7 (no noise hindrance), but it still doesn't seem to solve the problem. My suggestion would be to re-pain with a mold-resistant paint.

Felt more like a hotel than a hostel - except with dorms! Nowhere to meet other travellers though and quite a range of age of people staying. Nicely decorated rooms but very small! This is typical of Paris, however. The location is great, nice vibrant area and close to a major metro stop.

good location but no common place to interact with fellow travellers

The location was fine, the price was ok for Paris, but the room was quite basic. Ok in terms of value, but we had something stolen out of our luggage when we left it during the day as they didn't have a locked or closed area for storage.

• 15th Jun 2015

I’ve stay at hostels all my life. I love the feeling of sharing and communicating with people; however this is not the place to do so. There’s no common room or nothing interactive about it. I hate it when people post bad reviews about places because they had a bad experience, yet that’s not my case. I only stayed there a night, but being a hostel person myself, I would not stay here again. It’s not just super small that you can walk between beds, it smells pretty funny too. Additionally, they d

Very well located in all night party neighborhood. If you are looking for rest, this is not your place. If you are looking for a place close to day and night life with lots of activities, this is your place. Summary: Streets are noisy all night and day here.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

+ friendly staff, comfortable bathroom, clean - I was in a 3 bed mixed dorm and the beds were standing veeery close together

It's affordable and close enough to things. The bathroom in my room was surprisingly great, very clean. The room itself was ok but clean. However, the bed was itchy and uncomfortable. The girl at the front desk was very helpful and nice, but the night staff wasn't friendly. Also, they didn't check to see if I was actually a guest of the hostel when I returned late at night. I guess they assumed cause I look like a foreigner?? Lockers are very small, only for small valuables.

Staff didn't even know what time the louvre museum opens... isn't that pretty standard information to know??

Absolute Paris was the perfect hostel for what we were looking for. For an excellent price we had a cosy base to crash at just a thirty minute walk or less from the main riverside attractions of Paris and very easy to find near the Republique monument. We got a private ensuite room and the small bathroom was modern and new looking, and importantly very clean! Free wifi and breakfast (cereal, baguette, croissant etc) were excellent bonuses, and lockers were free for anyone who wanted them.

• 6th Jun 2015

Very good in general, convinient location near Republic metro station with 4 metrolines operating in it.Good breakfast in Paris standards: bread, coissant/pain au chocolat, cereals, juice and coffee. Friendly and very helpful staff,they help me multiple times with my airport transportation and checed timetaples for me as well as recommended attractions and cheap restaurant nearby. The only thing they could do better is the sheets - they have only 1 sheet and then blancet without any coverage...

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Finland

We had a great stay. Location is a bit far away but there is a subway station near. The staff was excellent and the room was clean and comfortable

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Argentina
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Generally it was an OK stay with the room not smelling and the sheets being clean with a TV in the room it was relatively nicer than your average hostel in Paris. HOWEVER as we were leaving to go home that hour we got stuck in their lift between two floors for about 15mins in the smallest lift ever! once out no one seemed to care and the horrible woman on reception didn't even apologize she actually thought it was amusing! Horrible staff!

Staff were very helpful. Hostel was close to the metro. Breakfast was included in the price and kitchen facilities were good. Security lockers were great for storing valuables. My room however had a very strong smell of damp and there was obvious water damage in the bedroom and bathroom.

I stayed 4 nights here, switching rooms halfway because of an error on my part that meant the staff put in extra effort to accommodate me. I was in 2 bed rooms with ensuite for both. I loved having an opening window, clean hot showers, laundry, a supermarket & restaurants next door. It was a great location!