Absolute Paris Boutique Hostel Reviews

1 Rue de la Fontaine au Roi, 75011, Paris, France

Very nice location, and a nice room. The hostel completely lacked common areas for hanging out, thus lacking a lot of the hostel spirit.

BEDBUGS PROBLEM :((( I and my girlfriend stayed there four days and our holiday turned into a nightmare because of bedbugs.We had to change two rooms Staff apologised for this and paid for one day money as compensation.Our holiday ended four days ago but my girl friend is still suffering from bedbugs bites.She has a swollen face because of allergic reaction to bedbugs bites.She is having medical help and angry with me because my body didnt react to bites as harsh as hers :((

Absolutely unbeatable location for a hostel (trust me). Breakfast is pretty decent too. The four bed room had plenty of space (it even had a small table inside). No common area though, so if you're thinking about socializing you should look elsewhere. Another problem is, they don't have a locked room for you to leave your stuff after checkout, they just leave it in a hallway. Overall, it's still probably one of the best hostels in Paris and I recommend it.

They offer security box, this is very useful in Paris!

Bed bugs all over the room. So much I could see them crawling around the beds and ceiling. Big ones to babies and eggs. When I told the hostel (they did not seem surprised!) all I was offered was a change of room - most likely to another bed bug infested room. The stay was alright apart from this, but the bed bugs have ruined my stay not only in Paris but also at other places now that I have to deal with the aftermath of the bites. So disappointing.

Bed bugs, bed bugs and more bed bugs. Seriously the hassle it causes isn't worth it. So I'd recommend staying in one of the other 100 hostels in Paris. The lady at reception did help once I showed her the bites and put me in my own room, however the amount of money spent buying insect creams and sprays and using the laundry mat next door again wasn't worth it. Location and breakfast was good. Rooms are tiny however that is what is expected in Paris. Not an extremely social hostel.

The breakfast is great!

An ok place. Quite pricy, but that's Paris. The bunk beds don't have ladders, which makes it a little awkward and difficult to get to your top bunk bed. Kitchen was nice. Staff was not very helpful or nice.

Nice enough hostel, OK, but not great. Helpfull staff, but not the type that would give you heaps of davice on what to do or where to go. Room was clean, but a bit cramped ´the beds were very close to each other. Kinda cosy, but depend on who is sleeping two feet away from you. The hostel is decorated in a cute way, although ¨boutique´makes it sound better than it is. Not a place where you immeditaley feel at home, but somewhere necessary to spend the night or so.

This place had bed bugs and they were not very helpful or concerned when i approached them about it.

• 28th Jul 2014

Considering the fact that finding a reasonable price hostel in price is definitely hard, so this hostel is quite nice to stay, I did not have any problem else than lockers were very small so that there was no space for my LT, but staff were very helpful and they protect my LT when I was outdoor.

The location is great and also the staff. I stayed here last year during May and I really like it. However, this time since it is summer time it is very uncomfortable to stay in the room since there is no cooling system. The smell of the bathroom is also terrible. I got several bug bites as well which made me a little numb and only had 3 hours sleep.

We did enjoy our stay. Nice staff, location is good and the room and bathroom were clean enough. Breakfast was small, but okay.

• 24th Jul 2014

Overall place was clean and tidy. Only give one sheet for the mattress, and a blanket, nothing to go under the blanket, I had to ask for a second sheet. Breakfast was nice. No atmosphere but there are some bars nearby. Overall experience was just ok, but hostels are expensive in Paris.

The hostel had a really good location - very close to the metro in a trendy area. Breakfast was good! Nice choice of muesli, croissants & bread - and coffee! My only issue was that they have really packed the beds into the 6-bed room. Quite close to the person in the bed next to you..

Nice and clean with staff that spoke multiple languages. Not cheap, but that's just what you get in Paris. It is a good idea to packsome earplugs though, it can get noisy on the street outside. Only thing I didn't like was that there was no wifi in the one common area so no one was in it, and it was hard to meet people not in your dorm.

We only stayed here a night but the staff was good and we got free breakfast. The from we stayed in was TINY. Barely enough room to move. The staff however were nothing but pleasant

Was good value from money and easy to get to, good breakfast included!

Location couldn't be better. Dorms are VERY cramped - what you'd expect for the cost. Stayed in a lovely twin room with a friend on second visit, was so impressed with the room but there were bed bugs and now have a skin infection from an allergic reaction to so many bites. So sadly I feel I can't recommend the hostel, but the staff, the area and the free breakfast were really lovely. If not for the bed bugs, I would stay again. Republique has 5 metro lines so it's 20mins (ish) from everywhere.

It was my first hostel experience and I loved it and will definitely be coming back again. from the lovely staff to the location absolute Paris was a great first experience.