Acacia Hostel Reviews

14 Queensberry Place, South Kensington, London, England

You cannot beat the location, it is fabulous. The staff range from civil to friendly, and while the facilities are basic, they are entirely adequate. If you are fussy, you probably shouldn't stay in a hostel...we enjoyed our stay and were comfortable and satisfied. We are a family with teenaged sons. We would recommend the Acacia.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

FIRST if you are a student, book on their website to get 10% off. They wont give you the discount if you book through hostelword. I picked this hostel specifically for the location, but was disappointed by the place. I was on my own and hoping to meet people and there was no opportunity to. The only lounge the staff reserves for themselves. Also this is all ages, so Im 26 and only saw people who were 15 years younger or older than me. I also got no wifi in the room.

Our room was in the basement, there was no bathroom on the floor which the ad stated so we had to go upstairs to use one. The window to the street shut but didn't seem to lock. The room was clean enough but very run down looking with paint peeling off the walls

• 11th May 2014

Stayed in this hostel only one night, thankfully. I booked it for the price and location to the train line I wanted, but it was not a pleasant stay. Rooms were dirty, shower was moldy, and wifi did not work in the bedroom. Overall poor cleanliness overall. The only plus was the guy working there, who was very helpful and accomodating. Still didn't make up for the grossness.

Perfect location on a hostel. Beds are clean, but rest of room not.

• 8th May 2014
  • Czech Republic

Great location, hostel is fine for short stay and small budget, cleanliness isn't so good but it's not a big deal.