Acacia Hostel Reviews

14 Queensberry Place, South Kensington, London, England

Terrible place to stay, staff is not very friendly, location is excelent but the rest is just not worthy if youre planning to stay there, think again, or just don't stay!!!!! Breakfast is as bad as the hostel!!!! :/ terrible experience.

Good hostel for its price, no heating in the rooms though, the room was always too cold. Perfect location, couple of minutes from the underground and the museums.

Great location. Both our room (a private double room, so cannot vouch for the shared rooms) and the bathroom were really clean. Breakfast not much to speak of (toast, cereal, butter, jam) but having a kitchen is really useful and the room had it's own fridge which was great. Room was a little cold with only a small heater and the walls are on the thin side, but that's due to the location, most buildings in London tend to be built this way. Overall a good experience, would book again.

The first person tending the reception was very helpful.

Awful bed.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

The location is good, right next to the natural history museum and tube station, other than that there is nothing good say about this hostel. No locker. NO WIFI as listed ( staff said there is WiFi but was not working ). NOT RECOMMENDED.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

This place is one of the cheapest price you can find, for that reason there are many people living there which creates a different kind of atmosphere if you are used to a backpackers hostel. It was not clean and my first room smelled really bad, probably because there was some alcoholic living there that was aggresive when someone snored, for that reason I asked for a change of room and the staff was totally helpful changing our room.

Most of the people staying here LIVED here -- was kind of creepy and there was a toast monitor

Freezing cold everywhere! I'm absolutely sure it was never warmer than 15°C anywhere within the hostel. -The windows couldn't close. and ventilation was a hole cut in the window so it was rather windy in our room at night. -We couldn't get extra blankets or heaters to our room. -The walls were overpainted with Nazi signs and hatred messages, dicks and other wierd stuff. -curtains, floor carpet, corners and panes were disgustingly dirty. The breakfast was cheap toastbread with jam.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Denmark

I arrived very Late in the evening. Later than I expected. I called a couple of times to let the staff know - they were very nice and overbearing with me. The location couldn't be any better. It isn't the cleanest place I've stayed, but I think that comes down to the fact that is a very old building that could do with some refurbishment.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Denmark

The sheets were not very fresh. I doubt they wash them after each guest.

I'm enjoyed . Thanks

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

The hostel is very good, and they give us a very good room with bathroom. The breakfast is good, with the necessary, some bread, cereals, coffee, tea or hot chocolate. They authorized us leave our luggage in the hostel after the check, this was a good thing. The bed is good too.

We booked a double bed room but we got a room with 7 beds for which they said it will only be ours, that no one would get in and use the beds...and none did! Room was clean, a bit cold, tv, you can get free off charge uk adapters for using. Hostel is right in front the museums and South Kensington underground station...picadilly line goes here so you have direct connection with Heathrow. All in all great value for the money if you compare to the other hostels in london!

First impressions are that the hostel is basic but functional, we arrived after our assigned 5pm alloted time and were met by a very nice and efficient man who booked us in and gave us the key (£20 cash deposit) so straight to our room. Room and bedding was clean, tidy and comfortable, toilet & shower very clean though the building structure does show signs of it's age. Room was quiet. Breakfast is in a small staffed room in the basement and offers simple coffee/cerial/toast.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Basic, cheap, safe, and clean enough, exactly what I want in a hostel. Great location! Nice breakfast: cereal/muslei & milk, toast & jams. friendly staff It's not one of the big new hotel style hostels with a bar and planned events that you go to make friends and hang out inside during your vacation so if you're into that, maybe not for you. Perfect for traveler/backpackers wanting a bed, breakfast, and simple amenities. No laundry (doesn't claim to have) easy to find laundromats in LDN