Acacia Hostel Reviews

14 Queensberry Place, South Kensington, London, England

Freezing cold everywhere! I'm absolutely sure it was never warmer than 15°C anywhere within the hostel. -The windows couldn't close. and ventilation was a hole cut in the window so it was rather windy in our room at night. -We couldn't get extra blankets or heaters to our room. -The walls were overpainted with Nazi signs and hatred messages, dicks and other wierd stuff. -curtains, floor carpet, corners and panes were disgustingly dirty. The breakfast was cheap toastbread with jam.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Denmark

I arrived very Late in the evening. Later than I expected. I called a couple of times to let the staff know - they were very nice and overbearing with me. The location couldn't be any better. It isn't the cleanest place I've stayed, but I think that comes down to the fact that is a very old building that could do with some refurbishment.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Denmark

The sheets were not very fresh. I doubt they wash them after each guest.

I'm enjoyed . Thanks

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

The hostel is very good, and they give us a very good room with bathroom. The breakfast is good, with the necessary, some bread, cereals, coffee, tea or hot chocolate. They authorized us leave our luggage in the hostel after the check, this was a good thing. The bed is good too.

• 11th Dec 2014

We booked a double bed room but we got a room with 7 beds for which they said it will only be ours, that no one would get in and use the beds...and none did! Room was clean, a bit cold, tv, you can get free off charge uk adapters for using. Hostel is right in front the museums and South Kensington underground station...picadilly line goes here so you have direct connection with Heathrow. All in all great value for the money if you compare to the other hostels in london!

First impressions are that the hostel is basic but functional, we arrived after our assigned 5pm alloted time and were met by a very nice and efficient man who booked us in and gave us the key (£20 cash deposit) so straight to our room. Room and bedding was clean, tidy and comfortable, toilet & shower very clean though the building structure does show signs of it's age. Room was quiet. Breakfast is in a small staffed room in the basement and offers simple coffee/cerial/toast.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Basic, cheap, safe, and clean enough, exactly what I want in a hostel. Great location! Nice breakfast: cereal/muslei & milk, toast & jams. friendly staff It's not one of the big new hotel style hostels with a bar and planned events that you go to make friends and hang out inside during your vacation so if you're into that, maybe not for you. Perfect for traveler/backpackers wanting a bed, breakfast, and simple amenities. No laundry (doesn't claim to have) easy to find laundromats in LDN