Acacia Hostel Reviews

14 Queensberry Place, South Kensington, London, England

The whole place needs refurbishing. Paints are falling off the walls, decade old mold around the frames of windows like I've never seen before. Shower was NOT showering but dripping, not a gd thing to have especially during winter. Heater in the room was broken the knobs were not even there anymore. The fridge was covered with graffiti, the cleaning lady unlocked our bedroom door without knocking b4 entering, my boyfriend was naked and I had my pants half way down, thanks love. She was not sorry

Stayed in a lot worse! For the location you can't really knock the price. Only downsides was the bathroom was not cleaned, even after a guest had got mud all over the floor and the breakfast staff were quite rude. Would stay again if I ever go back to London.

• 11th Jan 2014

The bathroom was dirty and VERY small. The kitchen facilities were a joke. The included breakfast was a couple pieces of dry toast.

• 21st Dec 2013

Great location, Central London, the mattress and the bedding were clean, the electric radiator was working very well so the room was very warm, wall paper needs to be replaced in the room we were in, holes in the windows have been covered up with paper and they didn't vacuum properly, was given a room on the 6th floor and no help to get the suitcase up. BUT only needed the room 1 night, SATISFIED with the room as we just needed somewhere decent to sleep inside London. (Pack your own towels)

The staff were very friendly and did a great job. The only down side was that the bathroom was a little damp and needed cleaning. The general feeling was that it all needed a clean and for it to be improved. But by far not that bad that I would not stay again. Great value for money.

• 12th Dec 2013

The room was big. The curtains were broken, and it was impossible to close them.We asked the staff to provide us some towels for the shower and they told us that they didn't have because some people sole them. So we had to use the toilet paper as we dind't want to buy one for just one night.The bed wasen't good, and in fact it was two single beds together. There wasen't a chair on the room. There weren't cutlery at the kitchen. There is a computer but customers can't use it. The staff is nice.

Very nice for "regular" backpackers. Not the place for "wild"-travelers.

As it is November, there weren't many people staying there. We took a private lockable room and felt safe. It's an old building so it's a bit damp but it is off of the main streets by a block or two so there isn't a lot of noise. It is within a few blocks laundry, coffee and the tube, making it easy to access the city. However, unless you're on a tight budget and an all-out don't-care diet, don't plan to eat here. Its not gluten- or dairy-free friendly. Just cereal or toast to choose from.

• 11th Nov 2013

It sucked, we arrived and were told there was a problem with the room and transferred to its sister hotel which was a lot further away. We booked the hostel because it was so close to the blues fest at the royal albert hall and were being moverd without any real explanation or apology. Instead of a taxi being called and paid for us to take us to the hotel for the inconvience caused we had to walk. Once there we were greated with an inquisition as if we'd commited a crime by a man without manners

• 31st Oct 2013

Not a good place to hang out and meet people. Stayed with a large group, mostly older people or large groups. Awesome location. No lockers. Clean rooms, pretty big. Not the best hostel ever but a place to sleep, better for groups not meeting others.

Tucked into a quiet street near South Ken cafes, this hostel is pleasantly quiet. The rooms have a shabby-chic feel with high ceilings, solid wooden bunks, and plush carpets. Anyone can walk into the hostel, and many guests don't bother to lock the door to the room, so it's not very secure. However it's in a safe area, so there were no problems. The bathrooms were clean enough, but could do with some mold/mildew management. The 'living room' doesn't feel very welcoming, but the kitchen is busy.

The Office wasn't occupied for for longer periods in the morning when People wanted to check out.

Our stay in your hostel was quite nice, but the room and the lavatory were pretty unclean. Try to rectify it. Also, we would like to recommend you to make your rooms more homely :-)

• 6th Oct 2013
  • Czech Republic

This hostel is one of the worst I've stayed in. There from door was never locked and you were never questioned when you entered the building. There was one shower for two floors. there was no lockers in the room.

The staff was really nice and helpfull. The bathroom didnt work that well, one was missing a light and another one had a broken shower the last few days, so there was only one working shower in the upper floors. It would be usefull to have more facilities in the kitchen. Breakfast was complete and abundant. Location is great!! All in all it was a good hostel!

• 7th Sep 2013
  • Argentina

Depends what your after..... Location is great, place is clean but has zero atmosphere, felt like a b

• 6th Sep 2013

The kitchen had no utensils, there was no soap in the bathrooms (you'd think that for hygienic purposes the staff would want people to wash their hands after they use the toilet), and you werent allowed to use the stove during breakfast hours.

Very good hostel. Unfortunately, they don't provide bath towels.

I must say that when I read the comments and reviews here on Hostelworld I was a bit concerned to stay at Acacia. But after I arrived I quickly changed my mind. I stayed 1 week and loved it! They are a simple but great hostel! The ONLY thing that I don't like about it is that they have no lockers in the rooms. So whenever I'd go out I'd leave my computer in the reception. It is on a GREAT location, right across from the Natural History Museum and South Kensington Station. LOVED it!

clean, good location