Acacia Hostel Reviews

14 Queensberry Place, South Kensington, London, England

I arrived very Late in the evening. Later than I expected. I called a couple of times to let the staff know - they were very nice and overbearing with me. The location couldn't be any better. It isn't the cleanest place I've stayed, but I think that comes down to the fact that is a very old building that could do with some refurbishment.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Denmark

The sheets were not very fresh. I doubt they wash them after each guest.

I'm enjoyed . Thanks

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

The hostel is very good, and they give us a very good room with bathroom. The breakfast is good, with the necessary, some bread, cereals, coffee, tea or hot chocolate. They authorized us leave our luggage in the hostel after the check, this was a good thing. The bed is good too.

• 11th Dec 2014

We booked a double bed room but we got a room with 7 beds for which they said it will only be ours, that no one would get in and use the beds...and none did! Room was clean, a bit cold, tv, you can get free off charge uk adapters for using. Hostel is right in front the museums and South Kensington underground station...picadilly line goes here so you have direct connection with Heathrow. All in all great value for the money if you compare to the other hostels in london!

First impressions are that the hostel is basic but functional, we arrived after our assigned 5pm alloted time and were met by a very nice and efficient man who booked us in and gave us the key (£20 cash deposit) so straight to our room. Room and bedding was clean, tidy and comfortable, toilet & shower very clean though the building structure does show signs of it's age. Room was quiet. Breakfast is in a small staffed room in the basement and offers simple coffee/cerial/toast.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Basic, cheap, safe, and clean enough, exactly what I want in a hostel. Great location! Nice breakfast: cereal/muslei & milk, toast & jams. friendly staff It's not one of the big new hotel style hostels with a bar and planned events that you go to make friends and hang out inside during your vacation so if you're into that, maybe not for you. Perfect for traveler/backpackers wanting a bed, breakfast, and simple amenities. No laundry (doesn't claim to have) easy to find laundromats in LDN

You cannot beat the location, it is fabulous. The staff range from civil to friendly, and while the facilities are basic, they are entirely adequate. If you are fussy, you probably shouldn't stay in a hostel...we enjoyed our stay and were comfortable and satisfied. We are a family with teenaged sons. We would recommend the Acacia.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

FIRST if you are a student, book on their website to get 10% off. They wont give you the discount if you book through hostelword. I picked this hostel specifically for the location, but was disappointed by the place. I was on my own and hoping to meet people and there was no opportunity to. The only lounge the staff reserves for themselves. Also this is all ages, so Im 26 and only saw people who were 15 years younger or older than me. I also got no wifi in the room.

Our room was in the basement, there was no bathroom on the floor which the ad stated so we had to go upstairs to use one. The window to the street shut but didn't seem to lock. The room was clean enough but very run down looking with paint peeling off the walls

• 11th May 2014

Stayed in this hostel only one night, thankfully. I booked it for the price and location to the train line I wanted, but it was not a pleasant stay. Rooms were dirty, shower was moldy, and wifi did not work in the bedroom. Overall poor cleanliness overall. The only plus was the guy working there, who was very helpful and accomodating. Still didn't make up for the grossness.

Perfect location on a hostel. Beds are clean, but rest of room not.

• 8th May 2014
  • Czech Republic

Great location, hostel is fine for short stay and small budget, cleanliness isn't so good but it's not a big deal.

The whole place needs refurbishing. Paints are falling off the walls, decade old mold around the frames of windows like I've never seen before. Shower was NOT showering but dripping, not a gd thing to have especially during winter. Heater in the room was broken the knobs were not even there anymore. The fridge was covered with graffiti, the cleaning lady unlocked our bedroom door without knocking b4 entering, my boyfriend was naked and I had my pants half way down, thanks love. She was not sorry

Stayed in a lot worse! For the location you can't really knock the price. Only downsides was the bathroom was not cleaned, even after a guest had got mud all over the floor and the breakfast staff were quite rude. Would stay again if I ever go back to London.

• 11th Jan 2014

The bathroom was dirty and VERY small. The kitchen facilities were a joke. The included breakfast was a couple pieces of dry toast.

• 21st Dec 2013

Great location, Central London, the mattress and the bedding were clean, the electric radiator was working very well so the room was very warm, wall paper needs to be replaced in the room we were in, holes in the windows have been covered up with paper and they didn't vacuum properly, was given a room on the 6th floor and no help to get the suitcase up. BUT only needed the room 1 night, SATISFIED with the room as we just needed somewhere decent to sleep inside London. (Pack your own towels)

The staff were very friendly and did a great job. The only down side was that the bathroom was a little damp and needed cleaning. The general feeling was that it all needed a clean and for it to be improved. But by far not that bad that I would not stay again. Great value for money.

• 12th Dec 2013

The room was big. The curtains were broken, and it was impossible to close them.We asked the staff to provide us some towels for the shower and they told us that they didn't have because some people sole them. So we had to use the toilet paper as we dind't want to buy one for just one night.The bed wasen't good, and in fact it was two single beds together. There wasen't a chair on the room. There weren't cutlery at the kitchen. There is a computer but customers can't use it. The staff is nice.

Very nice for "regular" backpackers. Not the place for "wild"-travelers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5