Academy Hostel Reviews

Via Ricasoli 9, Florence, Italy

First try on hostels- Mixed-4 room~ was bit worried until I met the very friendly staff(long hair man, Sry didn't ask for ur name, thanks for all~) and met one of my roommate, very nice boy!! I was bit on fever so didn't attend to the daily party held by hostel, but I did get perfect rest! No one make noise after 9pm~~ only small advice:wifi signal in room H needs to be better:) Very clean bathroom and room ! will come again next time~ ciao!

My stay, however short was pretty amazing. Everyone was super friendly and check in was rather easy and quick. The rooms were clean and personal lockers were a great find. The only issue I had was initially I had a hard time finding it because the sign is small and construction didn't help, but all minuscule compared to the great experience. Would stay there again next time and recommend it to anyone traveling to Florence.

The staff were amazingly helpful! It was also nice not having a bunk bed.

Location was amazing. 1 block from Il Duomo and 2 blocks from Accademia. Super clean, luggage stands and large lockers for decent sized backpacks. Towels are provided as well, with hand soap in the showers. The staff is really nice and helpful. The afternoon pasta and wine is a good way to meet other people staying at the hostel. Included breakfast was packaged croissants and cereal, along with some breakfast pastries. Wi-Fi is spotty in the rooms, but decent in the common area.

The hostel is just a stone throw away from the Duomo. It is a safe location but it feels kind of weird to have just a key for your locker, while the doors to the hostel and the room are without lock. Especially enjoy the night snack which helps backpackers to save some money for dinner.

Took over a half an hour to be checked in which was frustrating, asked to print something and the printer wasn't working, large open room which echos - bring ear plugs. Bring an extension cord, the sockets aren't near the beds. Great bathroom between 6, large storage for luggage, free drinks after 6pm, computers for use, largely a great hostel for what you need!

Thank you, really... I personally tried to help you printing, I clearly remember I let you use the frontdesk computer, you're right printer was not working in that moment but you were in a rush, you had your backpack on...if you would had more time you would have had your page printed...then I'm sorry you had to wait at check-in but guest's arrival time is out of our control...if everybody arrives at the same time somebody has to wait even at "Four Season"...

Great hostel!!! I stayed here for 5 nights and location was perfect. You will be just steps away from the Duomo. Facilities are clean and large lockers are provided for all. There is also free wine/pasta for happy hour every night. Only downside I had was there was no stovetop for cooking. There was a refrigerator and microwave though. I would definitely return to this hostel again.

Very nice hostel! My group of 4 was placed in our own room, with screens to separate out beds. There was pasta and wine at 6, which was very nice after a long day of traveling! The only problem was that there was only one light and power strip per room, so not everyone could charge their phone. Overall a great hostel! I would stay there again!

• 14th Feb 2015

AWESOME hostel!! Lockers, free towels, free breakfast and a evening snack (pasta) with wine for free. Laundry facility, computers for Skype, etc. Really great!! The only drawback I had was that the hot water lasted about 2 minutes in the shower and that was it!! Both times I showered the hot water was super hot, but lasted very few minutes...not ideal. The rest of the facility is great, staff is awesome, within steps of the Duomo and Galleria dell'Accademia. Stay here!!

A place definitely worth staying, good value for the money

great hostel the dinner/wine each night was a real treat and a great way to meet the fellow backpackers. The rooms were funky with a fun Asian style theme to them and the staff were super helpful. Only down sides the kitchen was only partly equipped and had no cooking devices. This hostel is a hot spot for the Asian back packer , and was a great stay thanks for every thing guys

Although it may seem a bit pricy for a hostel, it was well worth it. The facilities were amazing, and the location is perfect. It's a 3 minute walk from the Duomo, and a 10 minute walk from the bus and train station. The staff was incredibly helpful and accomodating. They even helped me set up my next hostel in the next city! I highly recommend the Academy

• 8th Jan 2015

Great hostel. Steps away from the Duomo and David museum. Breakfast buffet was delicious and the staff were extremely helpful. Convenient facilities and location. Highly recommend to anyone.

Other people have already commented on some of the great things...having your own bed/space, awesome location, breakfast and apertivas, wifi/ computers, etc. The only issue I had was the windows are kind of thin, but that's old buildings for ya, so bring ear plugs. The BEST part was the staff, each person I met was so nice and went above and beyond to help. Big shout out to all of them, thanks for making my stay amazing. I will recommend this hostel to everyone who goes to Florence :)

Nice hostel, people work there are very friendly, great location, and hostel always provide something to eat in kitchen

Extremely comfortable hostel. In fact, it is by far the most comfortable hostel I've been in. Great space in the rooms, great beds, all very clean, and the bathroom was resemblant of a 4-star hotel. Not a party hostel, but a very good place. Also, impossible to get better location, as the D'uomo is a mere 50 meters away. The bell is your alarm clock, awesome!

Staff is very friendly and helpful to guide residents with their needs . Morning breakfast and vending machines are a big plus. Another big plus is providing locks with lockers!! One negative, the common room is very warm while the rooms themselves are very cold. For my entire stay I had to sleep in my clothes with a jacket. Otherwise a great stay overall

Heat broke in the room , some of the staff is incompetent. Another staff moved us to another room second night with heat. Ok break fast. Nice to have snacks at evening for free.... Pasta.

Fantastic hostel. Friendly staff, if a bit intimidating at first. Very clean, decent wifi, loved the free aperitivo they do in the evenings. It's a great way to socialize in a relaxed situation. I wish the hostel didn't need to kick everyone out from 11 am-2:00 pm for cleaning because it can be a little tough for everyone in a dorm to get showered and out by 11 a.m, but it did give an added incentive to go out and explore Florence. Really enjoyed my stay here

The place has an amazing location, and the free wine/food was much appreciated. However, the rooms have no locks, which is a bit strange.

« first « Prev 1 2 3