Academy Hostel Reviews

Via Ricasoli 9, Florence, Italy

Clean, safe and comfortable!! =)

Shhh don't tell people about this place as they will want to book and then it will sell out!!

The free wine/dinner and breakfast made this a great deal. The dinner was really great for meeting other travelers and so I had travel buddies for the duration of my stay. Everything was clean and comfortable. The location is fabulous- it's essentially right next to the Duomo with about a 30 second walk (as well as just down the road from Accademia, a 2-3 minute walk).

Windows and doors have a good seal and therefore your nights will be silent.

This is a pretty awesome hostel, it's a bit pricey but it delivers with great location, facilities and breakfast.

Nice simple hotel in a nice area! Very close to the train station :)

• 13th Apr 2015

The hostel was great. The staff put on a little party on the terrace for people to meet. They had free wine and food!

You have to stay here!!! I was a solo traveller and got to meet people through the free dinner and free breakfast on offer. The beds are comfortable and offer privacy. The staff here are very knowledgable and willing to help. Would definitely return!!

My favourite hostel in my 2 month trip across Europe. Nice rooms, big lockers, bathrooms in the room. Rooms are very clean and spacious. Enjoyed the wine served each night as I met many other solo travellers whom I spent a lot of time with in Florence. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

Located pretty much in the middle, short walk from the train station and easy to get to everywhere else. Pretty clean and they have large lockers. They also had free wine and pasta most nights but not many people take this up unfortunately so made it quite dull. The staff were friendly and willing to help.

This place is fantastic. Perfect location: you can see Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore from the hostel. It's clean, quiet, well-run, the staff is friendly and helpful. They provide a good-sized locker (I had two in a private room) with a lock (so you don't have to bring your own and they don't charge you for it). I fit my luggage (carry-on) in one and had extra space. The towel is also free.

Great location train and sights. Breakfast and happy hour were great to meet people. Overall, had very pleasant stay.

Location is wonderful n people are friendly. However the only problem I met is hot water, I can't call it a good experience for taking shower. You have to wait for a while for the hot water in the the night & the water temp is unstable. Besides this everything is fine.

The hostel is literally round the corner from the beautiful Duomo and down the street from dell'Accademia - the home of Michelangelo's David. The staff were mostly friendly (a guy recommended a fantastic tratorria upon my arrival), but particular credit should be given to the cleaning staff who kept the hostel immaculate. The breakfast was ok if you have a sweet tooth! It was mostly sugary cereals and cakes. The hostel had a laid back atmosphere but the location made it the ideal choice for me.

This was my first hostel experience and I adored it! My room was clean, the lockers nice, no curfew, and I made great friends here from just one night! The staff was amazingly helpful, giving me lots of recommendations, and directions to everywhere. The location of the hostel is unbeatable too, a 3 minute walk from the Duomo and an easy walk to all the other neighborhoods, and the train and bus station too! I got a hot shower, towel, and everything impressed me.

• 18th Mar 2015

I hadn't stayed in a hostel solo before, always with friends, but Academy Hostel was definitely the place to start. The rooms are clean and well furnished (yay for no bunk beds!) and so are the facilities. They have a free breakfast (fairly basic) and also a free aperitivo at 6.30 pm where they serve free pasta and wine (the pasta is delicious!). The staff were very friendly, particularly Rossa. The location is perfect too as it's just a couple minutes on foot to the Duomo.

• 17th Mar 2015

A little out of the centre of town but still walking distance to everything and quiet surrounding streets. Lovely staff but the one thing lacking is an atmosphere for socialising. The common room doesn't lend its self well to meeting others. A serious lack of power points but clean and secure.

Great location & Tomo at the front desk (don't know if that's the correct spelling) was so helpful! Definitely go eat at Trattoria da Giorgio. The food and wine at night for the guests was a good way to meet people but I usually just came for a glass of wine and then went out for dinner later on since it was typically cold pasta served for free. Two downsides are that the walls are paper thin so you hear doors slam at night and having to be out of your room for 3.5 hrs in the middle of the day.

The hostel was fantastic. Breakfast is included and the staff even make a dinner dish and give you wine for free! Only think is our bedroom doors did not really lock. Could only lock it if everyone was inside because didn't have keys for locks. Also had to make an effort to meet people since it is a quieter hostel, which was nice though.

Others have said this is the best hostel in Europe - and I agree! Great facilities, wonderful staff, good breakfast and wine/pasta in the evening is lovely and a good way to meet people. Beds are comfortable and the fact that they aren't bunked and have screens adds a nice bit of privacy. Very walkable to everything. Definitely recommend!

« first « Prev 1 2 3