Academy Hostel

Fabulous 3325 Total Reviews
Fabulous 3325 Total Reviews

21st Apr 2017
6.9

REally great location. Nice that breakfast is free. However, the rooms are very basic, my room in particular was really cold and there was no way to open the window or let light in. Furthermore the bathroom was very odd, shower head didn't really work and water got everywhere. Also the shower adjustment stand didn't work so it was very difficult to have a nice shower.

Hello, thank you for the review,I understad you haven't had the best experience but there's something I want to point. It is April, it is supposed to be warm but we experienced a really cold week, for clear reason (26° the previous week) central heating was off, but we provided extra blankets to guests who asked. For the bathroom, this is a place where people go and come, things are used heavily every day, if something broke we fix/change it promptly, we appreciate when guests tell us instead of telling the world. As we do not shower in every single bathroom everyday it could happen that we do not notice a broken shower head.

• USA, Male, 41+
21st Apr 2017

Great place to stay with very helpful staff. Easy to store bags while enjoying Florence (we arrived early). Lockers are not really large enough for large suitcase and bag, so we had to leave items under bed. Thats the only reason I gave security 4/5. I would highly recommend.

20th Apr 2017

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the Academy Hostel and its at such a convenient location! I enjoyed my stay here but the place is very echo-y and light even at night. I had to buy a sleeping mask. But all the great things about the location more than made up for the minor negatives. I'd definitely stay here again.

19th Apr 2017

I 100% absolutely recommend this hostel to any and every single person looking at it as an option. You stay about idk 100-200 feet from the Duomo, you can walk to it from the train station, you can walk to the Museum of Accademia...the Uffizi..and just about everywhere in town. It was super clean, warm, nice shared bathroom and the staff were all incredibly friendly. If I go back to Florence I'm definitely staying at the Academy Hostel again. Hands down.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
7.7

A little pricey, but a great location. We wanted to cook, but the kitchen didn't allow for that. Wifi was spotty in places and the outlet situation was difficult, but overall a good experience.

19th Apr 2017

Perfect location a block from the Cathedral. My four bedroom room was large and actually sort of split into two rooms which offered more privacy. The only odd thing to me was that our individual door did not have a lock. There were two points where you needed to use a key fob to get in the hallway before the actual rooms, but still was a little different. Free breakfast consisted of typical cereal, bread and coffee.

• Portugal, Male, 25-30
11th Apr 2017
8.0

Perfect location right between the cathedral and the academia. It's a bit expensive but there are advantages (such as towel and padlock included). Not good for meeting new people, though.

10th Apr 2017

Academy hostel is absolutely close to Duomo and Galeria dell'Academia. It's a chilled out hostel, with no party atmosphere. The bedroom was huge and the beds are singles (at least in my room). Wi-fi was good, but there were no charging points near the beds. Cleanliness was great.

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
2nd Apr 2017

The location of this hostel is great, less then minute walk from the basilica. The rooms and bathrooms were spacious and the dividers between the beds were great for extra privacy. The staff were always available and very friendly. There was a great outdoor space we weren't expecting and above average breakfast for a hostel, all nice surprises. The security of the hostel was also great, with keys to the rooms and fobs specific to your section and 2 lockers in your room available to you.

• New Zealand, Couple, 41+
2nd Apr 2017

This is a great hostel. The staff were always helpful and well informed, and the whole place was clean and safe. The hot water doesn't always run for showers, but that was the only niggle in our 3 day stay.