Academy Hostel Reviews

Via Ricasoli 9, Florence, Italy

I rather likes that the beds were numbered, and it was in the perfect location!!

Loved the space each person was given, no bunks, a lockers, side table and rack. Had a minor issue when cleaning staff threw away shoes and water bottles mistakenly but staff was helpful and kind. Great Location, clean and safe.

Our iPad and 310 euro cash were stolen by someone in this hostel when we were not in our room. And the hostel offers no help. We are so angry and disappointed with it. It is really not a good hostel in our view. By the way, there is a Japanese boy in our room, and his computer is stolen by others, too. It is really an unsafe place to choose.

We do all the possible to make this a safe place, ALL of our guests are registered on the police website, there are 2 gates whith camera access,24/7 reception plus we gave free locked cabinet which you never used .You may know that,due to privacy law,we're not allowed have cameras indide the room where you sleep so FREE LOCKERS are provided. It is clear that you cannot blame the hostel for what happened, we are really sorry but we cannot know what's on people's mind when they enter the door.

Great staff and great location! I stayed at this hostel for 6 nights and have no complaints. This hostel is in perfect location- walking distance to all of the city sites. The staff were nothing but friendly and helpful! The rooms, common areas and bathrooms were extremely clean. They have good WiFi, decent breakfast, desktop computer access, hairdryers, laundry, printing and pretty much everything else that a traveler would need. Would recommend!

Fantastic location. So close to all the major sights. Very quiet hostel.... this is not for those who like drinking.

Amazing location, friendly staff, comfy beds (not bunks) Free breakfast, but all sweet things which doesn't work for me and the use of plastic plates seems like a waste. There is a basic kitchenette to heat food and make sandwiches etc which is good but not really for cooking. Overall awesome place.

Hostel is in excellent location, it was really clean and tidy, the staff were really nice and helpful. The only downside to being in such a great location is the noise, they provide ear plugs (which is really cool!) but if you're noise-sensitive you should consider this as well.

• 14th Oct 2015
  • Israel

This was a great place to stay. I met so many very nice people here. The breakfast was not that great. However, the bathrooms were the best. It wasn't a big room where a bunch of people all shower at once. It was one room! You can shower in peace. Plus there was a bidet which was quite nice.

The staff are wonderful,helpful and polite.great location.ıf I go to firenze again I will stay here.

This hostel is good if you purely want somewhere to sleep that is close to all the main sites, but other than that it was fairly average. I was greeted by Rosa at the desk who wasn't as welcoming as I would've expected, but the other guy working was great. I didn't enjoy the lack of power points next to the beds, the slow internet or the layout of my room with partitions between 4 beds. However, I did happen to meet some great people here so they made it good for me. Breakfast was average.

The best thing about this hostel is it's location. A minute walk to the Duomo and a few minutes to Galleria dell'Accademia. Overall, I was not impressed with this hostel. For the price I paid per night, I was expecting something completely different. The breakfast was all pre-packaged foods and the bathrooms and bedrooms were moderately clean. One big complaint was that from 11-12:30p I had to vacate the hostel for cleaning, but when I came back to my room it looked exactly the same (uncleaned).

Great Hostel- only thing lacking was atmosphere as this is a very quiet hostel.

A typically large hostel, so all the facilities you'd expect including ample washing machines and pleasantly large lockers beside each bed. Great location right next to Santa Maria. Certain guests were making far too much noise at night and I was disappointed that staff weren't on hand to quiet them down. Not the most social of hostels but I did make on really good friend there. I'd still return here in the future!

The location is hard to beat, being just a short walk north of the duomo. The only down side to this is that the bells from the bell tower might wake you up in the morning. Breakfast is standard hostel fare. Facilities are clean, though another common bathroom would have been nice. The only issue I had was that mosquitoes got in the room overnight and feasted on my feet, but I don't blame the hostel for local wildlife. Staff were very helpful and I enjoyed my stay overall.

This hostel is highly rated, although my experince was average. It's in a great location, but the atmosphere inside the building is lacking. Wifi was great in the common areas, but only worked half the time in the room, which was irritating. Whilst the hostel was acceptably clean, you need to vacate from 11am until 2.30pm everyday for cleaning to take place - I underestimated the inconvenience this creates. Breakfast was cereal, some fruit & prepackaged crossiants. So, simply an 'okay' visit.

Very quiet, need some music playing in the background. Air con worked great.

1 bathroom for about 14ppl. Single beds were nice as opposed to bunks. Staff was friendly. Great location by the Duomo. Very cool facility

3 bathroom for 12ppl. maybe just unseen the other 2, we should have told you... our fault, thanks for your good review anyway

Had a great time in Florence. The hostel was right by the Duormo and easy walking to all of the city sites.

Amazing location. Lovely staff.

I location cannot be beat. You exit the hostel, look right and BAM, there's the Duomo less than a block away. It was nice that the beds were not bunks and they put white boards between the bed to provide a little more privacy (and also a place to hang clothes). Large lockers and they provide a lock and key. Good number of decently sized private bathroom. Unfortunately my dorm had one extra bed than they said. Not a big deal but the price often goes down the more beds there are.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4