Academy Hostel Reviews

Via Ricasoli 9, Florence, Italy

Location is wonderful n people are friendly. However the only problem I met is hot water, I can't call it a good experience for taking shower. You have to wait for a while for the hot water in the the night & the water temp is unstable. Besides this everything is fine.

The hostel is literally round the corner from the beautiful Duomo and down the street from dell'Accademia - the home of Michelangelo's David. The staff were mostly friendly (a guy recommended a fantastic tratorria upon my arrival), but particular credit should be given to the cleaning staff who kept the hostel immaculate. The breakfast was ok if you have a sweet tooth! It was mostly sugary cereals and cakes. The hostel had a laid back atmosphere but the location made it the ideal choice for me.

This was my first hostel experience and I adored it! My room was clean, the lockers nice, no curfew, and I made great friends here from just one night! The staff was amazingly helpful, giving me lots of recommendations, and directions to everywhere. The location of the hostel is unbeatable too, a 3 minute walk from the Duomo and an easy walk to all the other neighborhoods, and the train and bus station too! I got a hot shower, towel, and everything impressed me.

• 18th Mar 2015

I hadn't stayed in a hostel solo before, always with friends, but Academy Hostel was definitely the place to start. The rooms are clean and well furnished (yay for no bunk beds!) and so are the facilities. They have a free breakfast (fairly basic) and also a free aperitivo at 6.30 pm where they serve free pasta and wine (the pasta is delicious!). The staff were very friendly, particularly Rossa. The location is perfect too as it's just a couple minutes on foot to the Duomo.

• 17th Mar 2015

A little out of the centre of town but still walking distance to everything and quiet surrounding streets. Lovely staff but the one thing lacking is an atmosphere for socialising. The common room doesn't lend its self well to meeting others. A serious lack of power points but clean and secure.

Great location & Tomo at the front desk (don't know if that's the correct spelling) was so helpful! Definitely go eat at Trattoria da Giorgio. The food and wine at night for the guests was a good way to meet people but I usually just came for a glass of wine and then went out for dinner later on since it was typically cold pasta served for free. Two downsides are that the walls are paper thin so you hear doors slam at night and having to be out of your room for 3.5 hrs in the middle of the day.

The hostel was fantastic. Breakfast is included and the staff even make a dinner dish and give you wine for free! Only think is our bedroom doors did not really lock. Could only lock it if everyone was inside because didn't have keys for locks. Also had to make an effort to meet people since it is a quieter hostel, which was nice though.

Others have said this is the best hostel in Europe - and I agree! Great facilities, wonderful staff, good breakfast and wine/pasta in the evening is lovely and a good way to meet people. Beds are comfortable and the fact that they aren't bunked and have screens adds a nice bit of privacy. Very walkable to everything. Definitely recommend!

Great place to stay! The staff working the front desk were very helpful. The free breakfast was awesome. Lockers are provided in the rooms and the hostel is super clean. The only downside was that you had to be out of the hostel for mandatory cleaning times.

Great central location; right when you walk out, you see the duomo! Overall, my experience was great. However, the atmosphere of the hostel was not always lively.

First try on hostels- Mixed-4 room~ was bit worried until I met the very friendly staff(long hair man, Sry didn't ask for ur name, thanks for all~) and met one of my roommate, very nice boy!! I was bit on fever so didn't attend to the daily party held by hostel, but I did get perfect rest! No one make noise after 9pm~~ only small advice:wifi signal in room H needs to be better:) Very clean bathroom and room ! will come again next time~ ciao!

My stay, however short was pretty amazing. Everyone was super friendly and check in was rather easy and quick. The rooms were clean and personal lockers were a great find. The only issue I had was initially I had a hard time finding it because the sign is small and construction didn't help, but all minuscule compared to the great experience. Would stay there again next time and recommend it to anyone traveling to Florence.

The staff were amazingly helpful! It was also nice not having a bunk bed.

Location was amazing. 1 block from Il Duomo and 2 blocks from Accademia. Super clean, luggage stands and large lockers for decent sized backpacks. Towels are provided as well, with hand soap in the showers. The staff is really nice and helpful. The afternoon pasta and wine is a good way to meet other people staying at the hostel. Included breakfast was packaged croissants and cereal, along with some breakfast pastries. Wi-Fi is spotty in the rooms, but decent in the common area.

The hostel is just a stone throw away from the Duomo. It is a safe location but it feels kind of weird to have just a key for your locker, while the doors to the hostel and the room are without lock. Especially enjoy the night snack which helps backpackers to save some money for dinner.

Took over a half an hour to be checked in which was frustrating, asked to print something and the printer wasn't working, large open room which echos - bring ear plugs. Bring an extension cord, the sockets aren't near the beds. Great bathroom between 6, large storage for luggage, free drinks after 6pm, computers for use, largely a great hostel for what you need!

Thank you, really... I personally tried to help you printing, I clearly remember I let you use the frontdesk computer, you're right printer was not working in that moment but you were in a rush, you had your backpack on...if you would had more time you would have had your page printed...then I'm sorry you had to wait at check-in but guest's arrival time is out of our control...if everybody arrives at the same time somebody has to wait even at "Four Season"...

Great hostel!!! I stayed here for 5 nights and location was perfect. You will be just steps away from the Duomo. Facilities are clean and large lockers are provided for all. There is also free wine/pasta for happy hour every night. Only downside I had was there was no stovetop for cooking. There was a refrigerator and microwave though. I would definitely return to this hostel again.

Very nice hostel! My group of 4 was placed in our own room, with screens to separate out beds. There was pasta and wine at 6, which was very nice after a long day of traveling! The only problem was that there was only one light and power strip per room, so not everyone could charge their phone. Overall a great hostel! I would stay there again!

• 14th Feb 2015

AWESOME hostel!! Lockers, free towels, free breakfast and a evening snack (pasta) with wine for free. Laundry facility, computers for Skype, etc. Really great!! The only drawback I had was that the hot water lasted about 2 minutes in the shower and that was it!! Both times I showered the hot water was super hot, but lasted very few minutes...not ideal. The rest of the facility is great, staff is awesome, within steps of the Duomo and Galleria dell'Accademia. Stay here!!

A place definitely worth staying, good value for the money

« first « Prev 1 2 3