Academy Hostel Reviews

Via Ricasoli 9, Florence, Italy

Closing for cleaning wasn't too bad as it was still open for bag storgae during the say. Staff was very helpful and accomodating.

What a great hostel! Fantastic location! The hostel is very secure and staff were very helpful. I stayed in a 4bedroom dorm with an ensuite and found this to bed the best hostel room I've stayed in my whole trip as you get a single bed and your own area. Wifi was excellent. The hostel also offers food and wine at 6:30 each night for free. Great way to meet people. Breakfast is also free and was great. Stay here if you can!

They have not only free breakfast, but also free food and wine in the evening is really nice, and you get to meet new people and make new friends the only thing i didnt like about it was the cleaning schedule, that is between 11 and 14:40 and you cannot stay at the hostel. at my first day there i was really sick and i couldnt even stay in my bed. i hated it and still do.. anyway, all the rest is awesome

• 23rd Aug 2014

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Could live there, it didn't even feel like a hostel. Loved the evening appetisers and wine too, such a good way to meet people.

Absolutely loved my stay at Academy. It's just across the street from the Florence Cathedral and five minutes walk from everything I wanted to do at the city. The rooms are extremely comfortable and the staff is super helpful - they got me last minute reservations for museums without any extra charge or anything. Internet works reasonably well. Feels like a secure place given that you go through staff to get in and there are keys and lockers in the rooms. Hostel closes from 11 to 2 for cleaning.

They let me store my suitcase there (for free!) when I went down south for a week. So generous!!

• 19th Aug 2014

I've stayed in many hostels all over the world and this is the beat hostel I've ever been in. Very clean and safe. I didn't have a bunk bed like most places, I had my own bed seperated by a wall with lots of room. The bathroom and shower os on your room! You can do laundry and the wifi works great. Breakfast and a good Italian dinner with wine at 6:30pm is included.PERFECT location, in the center close to everything that's important to see and not far from the train station. EXCELLENT HOSTEL!!!

I can only give Academy Hostel top points in all respects – when it came to changing my dates of stay, I had a confirmation email within minutes. Friendliness, location … excellent, and their preventive steps even managed to prevent any mosquitos in my dorm. I would return any time.

Dennis is the best host ever!!

Breakfast was good but wished there was more fresh fruits. Could have more power outlets by the beds.

This was a beautiful hostel in the perfect location and felt very safe. However, it wasn't the best place for meeting people.

good but no power sockets near bed

Favorite hostel I've stayed at for sure. The staff was one of my favorites they were always willing to help out with anything and gave us their opinions on places around the city. The free breakfast, free appetizer and wine every day was great and there were always people to meet. Everything was always kept very clean you could tell it was cleaned regularly, and there were lockers! Also a great location since it's right down the street from the stunningly bad ass Duomo. GOOD HOSTEL GUYS.

My stay at Academy Hostel was great! Location is great - in walking distance of everything and the staff is extremely helpful and friendly. I was traveling by myself and everyone at the hostel, staff and other travelers, were awesome. The hostel provides food and wine every night for the guests to mingle and get to know each other, which is a nice touch :)

• 27th Jul 2014

Only spent one night there but the staff was very helpful and nice. GREAT location about 50 meters from the Duomo. Also very close to the museums and other sites of a very walkable city. Had a great time.....should have stayed longer. Room was a little overcrowded but was OK.

We stayed in Florence for four days and had a great time. The location is amazing and the facilities are great. No bunk beds!! Each room is large. The staff are fine, a few of them seemed annoyed when we asked them anything. I also wish they offered free walking tours like other hostels I've stayed at. They did a free pub crawl thing and had free snacks and drinks every afternoon! Overall a great clean hostel I would recommend to everyone.

This is a wonderful hostel! The staff is incredibly friendly and accommodating, and the rooms and bathrooms (mine was an ensuite) are clean and comfortable with AC. There is a locker (lock included) in the room as well as a tall nightstand for additional storage right next tot the bed, which was very convenient. Great location and cute aperitif in the evenings! Would recommend!

Dennis and Theresa were very helpful when checking in ,useful tips on advance tickets , where to eat and visit etc .nice to have a little get together at 6.30 for newcomers , helps to break the ice .

After staying in a few different hostels, was surprised that for once this hostel was not comprised of bunk beds but single beds with dividers between the beds, and bedside tables too! The rooms however did not have locks, but there were lockers in the rooms that were more than adequate with large locks supplied and at no cost. I stayed in a 5 bedroom mixed dorm, was very roomy and quite comfortable.

Stay was great - staff were very helpful! It's a quiet hostel and they ask that if you're going to be rowdy to go downstairs on the street or to some of the bars. It's very clean and has air con. Was a great stay and so nice to have an ensuite. I stayed in a room with three other people and there were partitions between the beds so you don't have to see other people sleeping!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5