Academy Hostel Reviews

Via Ricasoli 9, Florence, Italy

You guys are doing everything right so keep doing what you are doing. I enjoyed the atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff, excellent location and overall vibe.

Hostel was in a great location. Unfortunately there wasn't much of an atmosphere here. They offer free wine and pasta each night but doesn't seem that a lot of people take them up on the offer! Initially staff were friendly. However on my second day, what I take was the owner and another staff member, had an argument in the main area for 30mins. No attempts to quieten their voices or go somewhere private, had to leave the area as it was so disruptive so found this quite unprofessional.

Dear customer, we sincerely apologize for what happened during your stay here. Obviously even the best companies have their own problems but, usually this should remain in the backstage, unfortunately this time it didn't. We want to make clear that this is not our way to work here at Academy Hostel and that we are deeply sorry for the image of us we gave. The Academy Hostel Staff

Fantastic location easy to find, very clean great staff everything you need here like a hotel. Would defiantly go back.

Booked this hostel because of the high rating but found that the staffs were rather cold although they do greet you and answer your questions. Location was the best thing about this hostel. The bathroom was rather dirty because they only cleaned it once a day (and because other guests from other rooms kept using the one which were meant for our dorm). Breakfast was simple and nice although the room was a tad small. Like their torchlight concept, but they need to have more power outlets!

Unfortunately there were no power outlets by the beds and (at least with my phone) the WiFi wasn't strong enough to connect in the room. Everything else was really good.

You have to ring the bell every time you want to enter the hostel (easy access for externals part 1). Room doors are open 24/7 because the doors can't be locked (easy access for externals part 2 and other guests). Yes, you do have a separate locker in the room but overall lack of security in this hostel is a problem for me...

• 18th Sep 2014

as a receptionists we know exactly who is sleeping in the hostel and as you said you have to ring the bell,first:because the two gates are closed both at night and one all day , to get in , second : we have webcam and we see your face before we open the big wooden door and the gate. third: the reception is open 24/7 and part of our job is to control everything , because our desk faced the entrance door ( that is already the third one) , we know who are our guests and in which room they sleep

The Hostel is awesome, the location is unbeatable only a few steps to the duomo, the front door give you the sense of night protection, the staff is kind and friendly especially Rose, the room had a locker even when we travel 4 friends, the housekeeping of the room is good. The breakfast is not helpful for a big belly but is enough for a good start.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Closing for cleaning wasn't too bad as it was still open for bag storgae during the say. Staff was very helpful and accomodating.

What a great hostel! Fantastic location! The hostel is very secure and staff were very helpful. I stayed in a 4bedroom dorm with an ensuite and found this to bed the best hostel room I've stayed in my whole trip as you get a single bed and your own area. Wifi was excellent. The hostel also offers food and wine at 6:30 each night for free. Great way to meet people. Breakfast is also free and was great. Stay here if you can!

They have not only free breakfast, but also free food and wine in the evening is really nice, and you get to meet new people and make new friends the only thing i didnt like about it was the cleaning schedule, that is between 11 and 14:40 and you cannot stay at the hostel. at my first day there i was really sick and i couldnt even stay in my bed. i hated it and still do.. anyway, all the rest is awesome

• 23rd Aug 2014

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Could live there, it didn't even feel like a hostel. Loved the evening appetisers and wine too, such a good way to meet people.

Absolutely loved my stay at Academy. It's just across the street from the Florence Cathedral and five minutes walk from everything I wanted to do at the city. The rooms are extremely comfortable and the staff is super helpful - they got me last minute reservations for museums without any extra charge or anything. Internet works reasonably well. Feels like a secure place given that you go through staff to get in and there are keys and lockers in the rooms. Hostel closes from 11 to 2 for cleaning.

They let me store my suitcase there (for free!) when I went down south for a week. So generous!!

• 19th Aug 2014

I've stayed in many hostels all over the world and this is the beat hostel I've ever been in. Very clean and safe. I didn't have a bunk bed like most places, I had my own bed seperated by a wall with lots of room. The bathroom and shower os on your room! You can do laundry and the wifi works great. Breakfast and a good Italian dinner with wine at 6:30pm is included.PERFECT location, in the center close to everything that's important to see and not far from the train station. EXCELLENT HOSTEL!!!

I can only give Academy Hostel top points in all respects – when it came to changing my dates of stay, I had a confirmation email within minutes. Friendliness, location … excellent, and their preventive steps even managed to prevent any mosquitos in my dorm. I would return any time.

Dennis is the best host ever!!

Breakfast was good but wished there was more fresh fruits. Could have more power outlets by the beds.

This was a beautiful hostel in the perfect location and felt very safe. However, it wasn't the best place for meeting people.

good but no power sockets near bed

Favorite hostel I've stayed at for sure. The staff was one of my favorites they were always willing to help out with anything and gave us their opinions on places around the city. The free breakfast, free appetizer and wine every day was great and there were always people to meet. Everything was always kept very clean you could tell it was cleaned regularly, and there were lockers! Also a great location since it's right down the street from the stunningly bad ass Duomo. GOOD HOSTEL GUYS.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4