Academy Hostel Reviews

Via Ricasoli 9, Florence, Italy

Very nice hostel, clean, friendly staff and so close of the Duomo. Free towel, padlock, light... nice breakfast and also free aperitivo, I would recommend it 100%

Nice hostel, well located. Helpful staff. Though a little overprized (like most hostels in florence). Wifi signal not so good, and imposible to get hot water in the shower

Thank you far saying we're nice,we sincerely appreciate! I know different country have different showers faucet, but do you believe we can survive a winter in Florence without hot water? if you would have asked the staff the would have expleined to you ho to get it!

Very good hostel. Location couldn't be better, really close to the main cathedral in Florence. The free food they offer at 6:30pm is a good way to sit and socialize with other travellers. Very organized and clean, staff always at desk to help with whatever is needed. It is a but pricey, but honestly, one of the best hostels I've stayed in.

great hostel. centrally located. It is a bit noisy to sleep though with loud buzzers on doors however some good ear plugs can solve this!

Really great hostel ! I've stayed in many hostels, but academy was undoubtedly one of the best ever (if not the best). The location was perfect, only some meters form the Duomo. The staff was really helpfull, the room and the lockers are really big with strong Wi-fi signal. The facilities are brand new, the bathroom and the room were ver clean and the atmosfere overall was great. I would definitely recommend it. It's not the cheapest hostel in the city, but definiteley it is worth the money.

Thank you !! Good reviews make us love our job!

Incredible hostel that really felt like home for my week in Florence. I kept booking more nights because of the great atmosphere. Was easy to meet friends here due to the free aperetivo every night with delicious homemade pasta and wine. Amazing staff - Edwin and Rosa really made my trip special - along with so many other friendly staff members. Facilities are clean & great although the kitchen is a bit small if you want to do your own cooking. Only thing I would change is the lockout from 11-3.

Best hostel i've stayed in Italy. Excelent location, good food, fantastic people, it's clean, amazing place!

Nice place and great location. Recommend

The staff here are the friendliest and most helpful I came across in my travels. The location is stellar; you're central to all of the sites.

the hostel provides free snacks and wine during the evening so people can having a peaceful, pleasant conversation after a day long travel. the atmosphere is really good.

The perfect location with warm welcoming people to greet you and be with. Directions are good to get to the hostel. When you get to Bata, you are going the right direction. The numbers on the street look like you have passed it but keep going and you will see number 9. Hi to Rosa, Topal and Elton! Thanks for the good memories.

You guys are doing everything right so keep doing what you are doing. I enjoyed the atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff, excellent location and overall vibe.

Hostel was in a great location. Unfortunately there wasn't much of an atmosphere here. They offer free wine and pasta each night but doesn't seem that a lot of people take them up on the offer! Initially staff were friendly. However on my second day, what I take was the owner and another staff member, had an argument in the main area for 30mins. No attempts to quieten their voices or go somewhere private, had to leave the area as it was so disruptive so found this quite unprofessional.

Dear customer, we sincerely apologize for what happened during your stay here. Obviously even the best companies have their own problems but, usually this should remain in the backstage, unfortunately this time it didn't. We want to make clear that this is not our way to work here at Academy Hostel and that we are deeply sorry for the image of us we gave. The Academy Hostel Staff

Fantastic location easy to find, very clean great staff everything you need here like a hotel. Would defiantly go back.

Booked this hostel because of the high rating but found that the staffs were rather cold although they do greet you and answer your questions. Location was the best thing about this hostel. The bathroom was rather dirty because they only cleaned it once a day (and because other guests from other rooms kept using the one which were meant for our dorm). Breakfast was simple and nice although the room was a tad small. Like their torchlight concept, but they need to have more power outlets!

Unfortunately there were no power outlets by the beds and (at least with my phone) the WiFi wasn't strong enough to connect in the room. Everything else was really good.

You have to ring the bell every time you want to enter the hostel (easy access for externals part 1). Room doors are open 24/7 because the doors can't be locked (easy access for externals part 2 and other guests). Yes, you do have a separate locker in the room but overall lack of security in this hostel is a problem for me...

• 18th Sep 2014

as a receptionists we know exactly who is sleeping in the hostel and as you said you have to ring the bell,first:because the two gates are closed both at night and one all day , to get in , second : we have webcam and we see your face before we open the big wooden door and the gate. third: the reception is open 24/7 and part of our job is to control everything , because our desk faced the entrance door ( that is already the third one) , we know who are our guests and in which room they sleep

The Hostel is awesome, the location is unbeatable only a few steps to the duomo, the front door give you the sense of night protection, the staff is kind and friendly especially Rose, the room had a locker even when we travel 4 friends, the housekeeping of the room is good. The breakfast is not helpful for a big belly but is enough for a good start.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Closing for cleaning wasn't too bad as it was still open for bag storgae during the say. Staff was very helpful and accomodating.

What a great hostel! Fantastic location! The hostel is very secure and staff were very helpful. I stayed in a 4bedroom dorm with an ensuite and found this to bed the best hostel room I've stayed in my whole trip as you get a single bed and your own area. Wifi was excellent. The hostel also offers food and wine at 6:30 each night for free. Great way to meet people. Breakfast is also free and was great. Stay here if you can!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4