Academy Hostel Reviews

Via Ricasoli 9, Florence, Italy

The room was just as pictured. Bathrooms were clean with good temperature and pressure in the shower. I didn't realise breakfast was included in the price so that was a nice surprise. The staff were super friendly and gave me loads of advice deciding how to spend my 5 hours in Florence.

Awsome place. By far the best hostel I,ve been to...

Loved my time here and felt very comfortable. Staff was also very helpful and kind. I preferred my stay here over staying in an Airbnb. Thank you!

super clean hostel. silence. so close the duomo square.. locker are big and nice.. beds are comfortable.. wifi is fast. most important thing is staff are really nice and helpfull. one negative point is breakfast isn't like a breakfast.

Academy hostel was very informative and was convenient for location. I felt like the staff was very courteous, helpful, and open-minded. The atmosphere was chill and engaging. The place was very clean, and breakfast was good. I enjoyed my time at Academy hostel and would recommend them.

The location is so central, very hard to go wrong. Positives are that there's no bunk beds (and the beds are really comfortable), the bathrooms are cleaned every day and the staff are super helpful and friendly. Downside is really only the fact that you are made to leave from 11am-2pm (for cleaning), and that shared areas aren't that well used by fellow travellers so it wasn't overly social, maybe it would help if there was a bar or better area. But overall I had an excellent stay!

There could have been more showers for the amount of people staying. But overall was a really nice and central place to stay and I will be staying again.

The hostel was really cozy and incredibly clean!! The location was also nice, just minutes from the Duomo or galleria del academica. The hot water in bathroom is a little unsteady, but overall I do enjoy the stay there.

Great but there were a lot of Mosquitos in the room

The hostel directions from the train station were perfect. Once inside the place was very quiet but that's exactly what we wanted. The staff was helpful and rooms were huge and no bunk beds! They also did their best to give the beds privacy. Lockers were free and the bathrooms were nice. Only thing was there was no lock to the room door which made me a little nervous but it turned out fine.

Great location and friendly staff. Facilities are great and although there aren't many shared showers we rarely had to wait. There a remand nice restaurants nearby and it was great to not have bunk beds.

No aircon in rooms at night! The bathroom wasn't cleaned daily. Not good wifi reception

Thank you for the review, just to make some point clear, 1)Aircon goes on and off according to fixed temp wich in respect of the Italian law is minimum 24C°during summer. 2) Bathroom it is cleaned dailly unless you ask the staff not to disturb you, we are a hostel we do not have 24/7 cleaning staff...3)regarding wi-fi, we are sorry but walls are 300 years old, and tick, we do what we can, we bought a stronger router yesterday I assume we fixed the problem, we'll see

This hostel is excellent for someone looking for an incredibly clean and comfortable hostel with the perfect location. Everything is literally on the doorstep. I stayed at this hostel for one month many years ago when it first opened and it was great. I just returned for three nights and it is still excellent. The breakfast is ordinary but there are many great options very close by if you prefer to eat out.

Great hostel

Best hostel I've visited so far on my travels. Great value. Super clean. Very helpful staff. Also great location. Definitely staying again on my next trip to Florence.

Really nice place, super location, very very clean and comfortable. The few negatives I saw were that some people in the staff weren't particularly interested in helping you or in being friendly and that it was a little too expensive. Overall a good stay though, I do recommend the hostel

Amazing location - just a few steps from the Duomo. Inconsistent WiFi and lockout from 11 to 2:30pm, which can be a little inconvenient. Fantastic breakfast!

Great Hostel for needing a home away from home. Stayed in a 6 bed dorm and didn't feel cramped next to everyone. Standard hostel breakfast in the morning, Internet mediocre, nice that they have wine in the evenings. Overall a good place to stay but wish they would have had more bathroom facilities for convenience.

This hostel is amazing! Great location near attractions and train station. Staff was so nice. Actual beds, not bunks. Lockers for your luggage in addition to your own little unlocked cabinet next to your bed. Toilet seat covers! Wifi works at a decent speed. Free breakfast AND free wine and snacks for dinner. Two negatives-only 3 outlets near the door and no room door lock. The door leading to the rooms are locked but once inside the main area your room itself is not locked.

No bunk beds here whooop whoop! And bruchetta and free wine to meet other travellers. very classy! Location couldnt get better, hang out areas and the breakfast! Negatives, staff could be a bit more friendly and hostel closing from 11-2pm seems a bit much for those that want to chill. Thank you, would recommend to friends xx

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4