Academy Hostel Reviews

Via Ricasoli 9, Florence, Italy

Great location with a great atmosphere. Bathrooms sometimes limited. Severe shortage of power outlets. Unmotivated staff - Rosa was hot but that doesn't justify her disinterested attitude.

Great location! Front desk staff was really nice, cleaning staff wasn't so pleasant, breakfast wasn't much, but it is free. People staying there were friendly and there is a nice terrance to hang out on. The wifi didn't really work in my room but wasn't a big deal. Also plugs are not next to the beds, so if that's important bring an extension cord. Locks are provided and so are towels. Hostel is open to all ages, shared with girls in their 20s one night and women in their 60's the other.

I had a wonderful stay here! The location could not be better (literally 2 minutes from the Duomo) and the services were outstanding. There's a place to wash clothes, many internet networks, and a large kitchen and common room. Breakfast was also included. The staff was also really nice and super helpful. The hostel also has a large collection of guide books and the Rick Steves Florence made my stay a million times better. I definitely recommend it!

I enjoyed my time here, though I didn't feel very welcome at first. It's quite expensive for what you get but very decent all around. It misses a cozy atmosphere and plugs, mostly plugs! Why are there no plugs by the beds? All you have to do is put some extension cables around and it's done. Then you also wouldn't have to give the weird overly bright light to everyone. Other than that good breakfast, wifi is perfect everywhere and the beds are comfortable.

Was a good stay. Not the best shower in the world but that's what you get at hostels I guess. Friendly staff who gave any advice needed and were always at the desk.

• 3rd Jan 2016

Academy Hostel is a great hostel. Great staff, clean, fantastic location. No complaints.

Excellent facilities and amenities (towels, in-house laundry), great location (~50m from Duomo, Accademia blocks in other direction). Spotless but still feels homely. Staff were at beck and call, always happy to help w recommendations and sightseeing advice. Only gripe was that atmosphere was more chilly than I'm used to with the people mostly keeping to themselves, even at breakfast.. but then again it was mostly young Korean tourists when I visited. Keep up the great work guys.

Great hostel clean and lively. You will meet lots of new friends.

Great location, 5 minute walk from the Dunmo. Breakfast & towel is included which is a nice touch. What sold me on this hostel was that it's a not a "party" hostel, and I can say that is in fact the case. Very low key and "chill". Only area of improvement in my experience was lack of power outlet(s). The room I stayed at was a funky loft layout with stairs and I didn't have adjacent power outlets near my bed. Had to charge my mobile phone in the common area.

Hostel is right next to the duomo Cathedral and city centre. 12-15 minutes walk from the train station. There are big lockers for your bag and they provide locks. There are computers which are free to use, couch and TV and movies as well and the staff are all really friendly and helpful!

Best hostel ive stayed at in italy :)

Really nice hostel in perfect location. One minor critique: using plastic plates as default option for breakfasts is not an environmentally friendly solution. Could be changed since plates and silverware are available in the common kitchen.

Only stayed here for 1 night by the location is perfect. Rooms are clean and very safe. No power points near my bed, but overall a good hostel. Would stay again.

The hostel is very clean and tidy. The location is perfect.

A nice simple hostel, the crowd is relaxed, the beds so comfortable and the rooms very clean. I would recommend!

PROS: great location, safe and very clean. CONS: kitchen is very small and does not have a stove. One night I stayed a bar nearby housed incredibly noisy patrons until very late at night and the noise travelled to the hostel. Not a social place when I stayed there however I was in low season (early december)

It was a cozy and clean place in a great location

Great hostel, you can walk everywhere, decent breakfast and nice helpful staff.

The daytime staff was far from friendly. The room and bathroom were clean except for the air conditioner on the floor. The location was great.

• 30th Nov 2015
  • Japan

The staff wasn't friendly. The location is perfect, near of every turistic atraction. The room is a little bit cold and there is no lock in the door. They dont let you to stay in the room between 11:00-14:00 so they can clean. Breakfast is ok, nothing special. I wouldn't stay there again.

I understand you do not like us, it is a free world and this is not a big deal because we like you anyway ! But why you gave 1 to location if you said it was perfect?

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4