Academy Hostel Reviews

Via Ricasoli 9, Florence, Italy

great hostel the dinner/wine each night was a real treat and a great way to meet the fellow backpackers. The rooms were funky with a fun Asian style theme to them and the staff were super helpful. Only down sides the kitchen was only partly equipped and had no cooking devices. This hostel is a hot spot for the Asian back packer , and was a great stay thanks for every thing guys

Although it may seem a bit pricy for a hostel, it was well worth it. The facilities were amazing, and the location is perfect. It's a 3 minute walk from the Duomo, and a 10 minute walk from the bus and train station. The staff was incredibly helpful and accomodating. They even helped me set up my next hostel in the next city! I highly recommend the Academy

• 8th Jan 2015

Great hostel. Steps away from the Duomo and David museum. Breakfast buffet was delicious and the staff were extremely helpful. Convenient facilities and location. Highly recommend to anyone.

Other people have already commented on some of the great things...having your own bed/space, awesome location, breakfast and apertivas, wifi/ computers, etc. The only issue I had was the windows are kind of thin, but that's old buildings for ya, so bring ear plugs. The BEST part was the staff, each person I met was so nice and went above and beyond to help. Big shout out to all of them, thanks for making my stay amazing. I will recommend this hostel to everyone who goes to Florence :)

Nice hostel, people work there are very friendly, great location, and hostel always provide something to eat in kitchen

Extremely comfortable hostel. In fact, it is by far the most comfortable hostel I've been in. Great space in the rooms, great beds, all very clean, and the bathroom was resemblant of a 4-star hotel. Not a party hostel, but a very good place. Also, impossible to get better location, as the D'uomo is a mere 50 meters away. The bell is your alarm clock, awesome!

Staff is very friendly and helpful to guide residents with their needs . Morning breakfast and vending machines are a big plus. Another big plus is providing locks with lockers!! One negative, the common room is very warm while the rooms themselves are very cold. For my entire stay I had to sleep in my clothes with a jacket. Otherwise a great stay overall

Heat broke in the room , some of the staff is incompetent. Another staff moved us to another room second night with heat. Ok break fast. Nice to have snacks at evening for free.... Pasta.

Fantastic hostel. Friendly staff, if a bit intimidating at first. Very clean, decent wifi, loved the free aperitivo they do in the evenings. It's a great way to socialize in a relaxed situation. I wish the hostel didn't need to kick everyone out from 11 am-2:00 pm for cleaning because it can be a little tough for everyone in a dorm to get showered and out by 11 a.m, but it did give an added incentive to go out and explore Florence. Really enjoyed my stay here

The place has an amazing location, and the free wine/food was much appreciated. However, the rooms have no locks, which is a bit strange.

Absolutely lovely hostel with large rooms in an amazing location. Would go back in a heartbeat!

I spent 3 days there in mid-December, and I was impressed with the knowledge and attitude of one of the night receptionists, Elton, from Albania. He is one of the best receptionists I've ever met, as he has a unique personality and approach towards life. He was professional but warm, and I could share a very interesting conversations with him. Thanks to him I felt as If I was at home. Many thanks Elton, you made my trip doubly better!!

Best location in florence and a great staff. Only thing inconvenient is that they close the entire hostel every mid-day for 3 hours to clean. Other than that, a great spot.

Staff especially Elton the Albanian is friendly and the best bit about the place, ready and happy to assist you in getting oriented. Breakfast, reliable wifi, and location in the vicinity of the Duomo were a bonus. Would go back!

Very nice hostel, clean, friendly staff and so close of the Duomo. Free towel, padlock, light... nice breakfast and also free aperitivo, I would recommend it 100%

This was a very enjoyable stay. Met many travelers there. It is in the center of the center of the city. Everything is 15 minutes away by foot. The staff was awesome and very helpful. The rooms clean and with a large locker and a nightstand with storage and individual lamp. Good coffee and bread in the morning. I would love to stay here again.

It was an excellent place to stay in my first trip to Florence. The staff was amazing and I really couldn't ask for more.

The receptionist was soooo kind!! And their happy hour food was good:) Location was perfect. So close to Duomo!

Nice hostel, well located. Helpful staff. Though a little overprized (like most hostels in florence). Wifi signal not so good, and imposible to get hot water in the shower

Thank you far saying we're nice,we sincerely appreciate! I know different country have different showers faucet, but do you believe we can survive a winter in Florence without hot water? if you would have asked the staff the would have expleined to you ho to get it!

First hostel i have seen without bunk beds and spacious rooms. Facilities are spanking new if not, very well maintained. Staff are very gregarious, very genuine in dealing with my queries. Free breakfast and dinner really makes your day, brings together people especially for solo travelers if you dare venture. Located near most restaurants and shopping arcades. Everything you can find and ask for in a hostel even comparable to a hotel. Would definitely recommend to anybody visiting florence.