Academy Hostel Reviews

Via Ricasoli 9, Florence, Italy

Mosquitos everywhere!!! I was literally bitten alive. They do supply the rooms with a plug in repellant which did seem to help a bit but they were still everywhere. There was only 1 outlet for a room of 6 people. But the location is amazing, 10 minute walk from the train station and it is next to the Florence Cathedral. Free breakfast was a great bonus. Very simple but it's free! They also have free wine everyday in the evenings.

Thank you for the good rating , I'm sorry for the mosquitos, I promise we do not breed them on purpose!!! we fight them as best as we can but they love Firenze more than other cities... sometimes they manage to break-in... it's nature!

Amazing place! Cheap laundry available in the hostel, wonderful breakfast, very clean bathrooms and bedrooms. I would always recommend this hostel for everyone that goes to Florence. Excellent staff.

• 21st May 2015

Great location! Centrally located between all the major sites. Only a 10 minute walk from the train station. Staff was super friendly, especially Rosa, who gave us some great recommendations on places to eat.

The hostel was Great in every way except our room was facing the street and we were woken up repeatedly by ambulances and garbage trucks and other street users at night. helpful and friendly staff, very nice hostel but the windows in the rooms have no sound proofing at all.

Amazing location, staff and room. Was so impressed at the size of the 8 bed dorm and that there were no bunk beds. Breakfast was also descent and free. Only downfall for me was that there wasn't enough charging points in the room but you could charge in a secure locker at the reception.

Fantastic hostel that was super clean and the location is ideal!

great place and people. clean, friendly and awesome location. building is old so it makes a lot of noise when opening and closing doors but overall great place.

Excellent location, friendly facility and cool amenities!

THIS HOSTEL IS INCREDIBLE. In 3 weeks in Italy, I couldn't find a better hostel. The beds were incredibly comfortable, the staff was super helpful, their evening happy hour is a GREAT way to meet others in the hostel and they have free breakfast. I had my best hostel experience here and I HIGHLY recommend it. Wish I could go back...

I used to live in Florence 2 years ago for a semester abroad, I am so glad I got to came back and this hostel made it even better! It's literally a minute from the Duomo. The staff was awesome, even when I was an idiot and blew a fuse, the lady who was working quickly fixed the problem with a smile on her face. I loved that it didn't have bunk beds. The atmosphere is fun and they have free aperitivo (wine and food) every night. The street outside can be a bit noisy but it didn't keep me up.

Excellent hostel - but I got no sleep!!! I was in the L rooms and there must be a bar or something next door so loud even with earplugs. Band was playing lots of people. But I would stay again but not in those rooms,

Great location near the cathedral. Friendly staff. Very clean and pleasant. But annoying that you must leave between 11-2:30

I had a great stay in the Academy Hostel. I had a single room and a shared bathroom. Both had been very clean and neat. Some minor points: The room was smelling really strong for the moscito repellent. I had problems to sleep with that and my clothes smelled days after still like a citronella candle. Another thing was, that the breakfast was nearly just sweet things. A standard toast with butter would be great for those like me who aren't allowed to eat sugar and fruits.

The place was amazing, the staff fantastic, it was right next to the Dome and other fantastic sites in Florence! I would most certainly stay there when I go back to Florence, highly recommended.

• 6th May 2015

Best place I stayed. Loved!

This was my favourite hostel during my 3 week trip, friendly atmosphere, breakfast included plus an evening happy hour where people got together & chatted about their experiences.

Location cannot be better and the hostel was spotless. Great staff as well

Academy is one of the best hostels I ever stayed in. 10 min. walk from the station and just by the Duomo, yet a couple minutes away from other attractions. Very clean and nice rooms with a lovely balcony to relax in common area. Staff was very friendly as well.

• 3rd May 2015
  • Turkey

Staff are great, in a fantastic location just around the corner from the Duomo and on the same street as the Academy Museum (that houses Michelangelo's David) . Breakfast was good, only complaint was no wifi in room and cold shower first night.

Fully recommended hostel. Very clean, tidy, cozy, comfort. The staff is very helpful, very kind. But the wifi didnt work properly.