Academy Hostel Reviews

Via Ricasoli 9, Florence, Italy

I used to live in Florence 2 years ago for a semester abroad, I am so glad I got to came back and this hostel made it even better! It's literally a minute from the Duomo. The staff was awesome, even when I was an idiot and blew a fuse, the lady who was working quickly fixed the problem with a smile on her face. I loved that it didn't have bunk beds. The atmosphere is fun and they have free aperitivo (wine and food) every night. The street outside can be a bit noisy but it didn't keep me up.

Excellent hostel - but I got no sleep!!! I was in the L rooms and there must be a bar or something next door so loud even with earplugs. Band was playing lots of people. But I would stay again but not in those rooms,

Great location near the cathedral. Friendly staff. Very clean and pleasant. But annoying that you must leave between 11-2:30

I had a great stay in the Academy Hostel. I had a single room and a shared bathroom. Both had been very clean and neat. Some minor points: The room was smelling really strong for the moscito repellent. I had problems to sleep with that and my clothes smelled days after still like a citronella candle. Another thing was, that the breakfast was nearly just sweet things. A standard toast with butter would be great for those like me who aren't allowed to eat sugar and fruits.

The place was amazing, the staff fantastic, it was right next to the Dome and other fantastic sites in Florence! I would most certainly stay there when I go back to Florence, highly recommended.

• 6th May 2015

Best place I stayed. Loved!

This was my favourite hostel during my 3 week trip, friendly atmosphere, breakfast included plus an evening happy hour where people got together & chatted about their experiences.

Location cannot be better and the hostel was spotless. Great staff as well

Academy is one of the best hostels I ever stayed in. 10 min. walk from the station and just by the Duomo, yet a couple minutes away from other attractions. Very clean and nice rooms with a lovely balcony to relax in common area. Staff was very friendly as well.

• 3rd May 2015
  • Turkey

Staff are great, in a fantastic location just around the corner from the Duomo and on the same street as the Academy Museum (that houses Michelangelo's David) . Breakfast was good, only complaint was no wifi in room and cold shower first night.

Fully recommended hostel. Very clean, tidy, cozy, comfort. The staff is very helpful, very kind. But the wifi didnt work properly.

Excellent hostel. They treat guests well.

Clean, safe and comfortable!! =)

Shhh don't tell people about this place as they will want to book and then it will sell out!!

Very good location. Clean. Comfortable.

Academy Hostel was all around outstanding. It was very clean and comfortable, and we had enough personal space despite being in a 6 bed dorm. Each bed gets their own locker large enough to fit most backpacks and then some, so in-room security is perfect. The location is also unparalleled, a block from the duomo and a 5-7 minute walk to of the main sites. They promoted a social atmosphere without being a "party hostel". We would absolutely stay here again.

• 15th Apr 2015

The free wine/dinner and breakfast made this a great deal. The dinner was really great for meeting other travelers and so I had travel buddies for the duration of my stay. Everything was clean and comfortable. The location is fabulous- it's essentially right next to the Duomo with about a 30 second walk (as well as just down the road from Accademia, a 2-3 minute walk).

Windows and doors have a good seal and therefore your nights will be silent.

This is a pretty awesome hostel, it's a bit pricey but it delivers with great location, facilities and breakfast.

Nice simple hotel in a nice area! Very close to the train station :)

• 13th Apr 2015