Academy Hostel Reviews

Via Ricasoli 9, Florence, Italy

What a lovely spot to stay. So relaxed and refreshing after the hectic crowds of Florence, I felt relief on walking inside the spacious entrance. The staff was welcoming and everything was molto bene. Thank you very much for providing a haven for travelers in your beautiful city. The information at the hostel was helpful in finding some things I would have missed, such as the central market which was like going to accademia of food. Bought produce and was able to make a meal back at the hostel.

• 30th May 2014

Fantastic, super central loc'n. Wine and appies every night great for getting to know other travellers. Super clean. Bonus... laundry right in the hostel . There really were no negatives. Great stay:)

Pretty good place to stay. Only real problem I had was the wifi was pretty bad. It mostly didn't work.

This is a great hostel, right next to the Duomo, in the heart of Florence. Everything is within walking distance. The hostel is very clean and secure and has a great atmosphere, with an outside terrace to meet people from all over the world. I would definitely stay here again.

My 18yr. old son and I traveled to Italy staying at Hostels for the first time. I have to say that Academy Hostel was the BEST hostel ever!! Honestly, it was better than quality hotels I've stayed in, and as a mom, I'm picky! The location was amazing, right down the street from the Duomo, the security was perfect and the best part was Rosa, the staff person! Cute as can be, and helpful about everything. Rooms were big and clean, and breakfast was great!! Definitely stay there!!!!

This place gets high ratings for a reason. It's a fantastic hostel! The only possible negative is if you have bad roommates, but that's not the hostel's fault. Highly recommended!

Excellent location and facilities. Clean and modern bathrooms. Individual beds with partitions between them which offer some privacy. Friendly atmosphere with "happy hour" on weekends: free wine and munchies, usually pizza or cheese and crackers. Not a party hostel, best for anyone looking for a comfortable, clean and safe high quality hostel right in the heart of Florence. Highly recommended!

Great hostel! The location is fantastic, literally right in front of the Duomo, less than a 10 minute walk from the train station. Florence is one of the easiest cities in Italy to navigate by on foot and again the location of this place is superb! If your spending a few nights in Florence I highly recommend this place, its clean and very easy to find!

Location is great! Felt very safe the whole time, and the free desktop computer access was great as it allowed me to skype call my parents! I did get mosquito bitten quite a bit though. It was a little over priced compared to hostels in other cities I had visited for what I got for the price. The breakfast was good!

Extremely friendly and helpful staff. It was my first time in Europe and they helped make my trip a memorable one and for that I am truly grateful. Will definitely be coming back here.

The staff was terrible.. If you need some help, they don't do anything.. But the hostel has a good location

We loved our stay in academy hostel! There is a great free breakfast every morning, and free pasta and wine served at night, so if you play your cards right you won't have to spend hardly anything on food in Florence! Each person had their own locker which was wonderful and very secure. Rooms, sheets, bathrooms are cleaned on a daily basis. You're required to leave the hostel during the day so they can clean, and there is no stove for cooking, but otherwise it's an amazing place!

Fantastic location and very friendly staff. The happy hours are great for meeting fellow hostellers. Couple drawbacks, the forced leaving time at 10:30 every morning is a bit of a pain while you're on holiday, especially if you're hungover. Also the lack of power sockets in each room makes charging anything a bit of a pain. Minor issues, but still issues. All in all, more than worth it for the location and atmosphere.

Academy hostel was great- really clean, helpful and friendly staff, good location and breakfast, couldn't ask for much more!

Truly one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Friendly staff, ask them anything. The evening get-together is a great way to meet new people.

The only problem here is that the limits presented here are only 100% satisfied, Academy Hostel was way over. The are a block away from the Dome, rooms were in immaculate shape, beds were spread out, most times in a room with two floors which is helpful when someone snores, everything was spotless. Internet was quick. The had a good breakfast, but also served an appitizer dinner of pasta and wine as a get together. What really makes a great place is the staff, they were extremely helpful.

This is the best hostel I think in the world. Its in the center of the city which makes everything convient! Very comfortable as well to sleep and shower!

This hostel was GREAT! Prime location, very clean, and a quiet atmosphere. I'm a solo traveler and the hostel was very quiet when I wanted to rest and had to get up early the next day. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Also, the fact that there were no bunk beds was such a nice change! This place actually felt like a semi-hotel. I would definitely recommend staying here!

• 30th Apr 2014

Liked this place thanks to atmosphere and people. All necessary for a perfect stay options (cleanliness, security, location, etc.) are perfect. Nice terrace and daily glass of wine))) Thank you!

Academy Hostel is the best hostel I have ever been until now!!!