Academy Hostel Reviews

Via Ricasoli 9, Florence, Italy

I couldn't sleep till 1 AM on both days I was there due to noise from the hostel guests. There were no eggs for breakfast. Other than these two, its a fine hostel.

• 14th Dec 2013
  • India

It's not fair to judge the hostel based on the other guests presence, if it happens that they are noisy during late night, first by choosing to be in a hostel in a mixed dorm these situation are expected , second who works during the night tries to keep the hostel as quite as possible. On our webpage is specified that we offer a Free Continental Breakfast , in Italy there are only a very few places that may offer eggs for breakfast and they make you pay for it..

One of best places I stayed in... Hope u have Dennis at the reception, cos that guy believe me will make it happen...

Absolutely great location (just a few meters from the cathedral), the staff was very welcoming, the rooms are very clean and quite nice. It's the best standing I've seen for a hostel with dorms. The breakfast is a little basic but having it for no additional charge is nice anyway. The only reproach one could make is that it is a bit calm, with no bar, but it could also be considered an advantage...

Lots of common space and nice beds. A comfortable and social place to stay.

The staff was a little bit cold, but gentle. The hostel was very well located and the room very comfortable.

Had a great stay at Academy Hostel - totally understand why this is consistently top-rated. Clean, centrally located, helpful staff. Cool, but non-party, atmosphere, easy to meet other travellers. Only 1 drawback, the wifi was sometimes a little spotty, and can only be accessed from the common room.

wifi connection is limited even in the common area.

We never, never ever, received such a bad rating since our first guest in 2007....We've never been under 92%

Everything is good,I think is the best location in the city.and warm in winter.only one thing,there isn't enough electrical socket in the room.If I come back this city,I will stay here again!

Beautiful building, super cool lobby and kitchen area, Wonderful location, and friendly staff. Excellent hostel!

Loved staying here! Loved Florence and wouldn't even think to stay anywhere else for the next time I visit! :D My only possible complaint was that there was no form of protein at breakfast, but free snacks and wine made up for that, I think. Keep up the good work!

Great location, great staff, good atmosphere and clean!

Good : 1. Near Duomo, about 50m away 2. Quiet atmosphere, free computers to use internet. 3. Friendly staff, simple breakfast Bad : 1. Quite far from Santa Maria train station, if you have heavy luggage, unrecommend! 2. Room door makes super noisy sound and you can hear other room door closing everytime it's open or closed.

3 at location??? are you serious?? you also noticed that we're 50m from the Duomo di Firenze, whis is THE center of the city!!! station is 5 min walk from the Duomo, unfortunately we cannot move it...

Spacious, super clean, and generous the Academy Hostel is simply the best in every way and the staff are exceptional. Go there!

First, Rose is most friendly of staff I have ever met. Second, Academy Hostel has excellent location. Close from train station, Duomo and Galleria dell'Accademia (you can see the original David here).

I rate the Academy Hostel....a high 5-Star!! I have traveled all over the world and stayed in hundreds of different hostels. The Academy in Florence is ranked No.2 on my list now. To the owners/management of the Academy Hostel.... Now, if only the Wi-Fi in the hostel is improved and upgraded, then, you will be ranked No.1 and you will be. 6-Star hostel!! I highly recommend the Academy Hostel.

Great atmosphere, girl at the front was extremely friendly. Amenities were perfect.

I think this hostel has staged everything perfectly. The staff and atmosphere earn 200% in my opinion; Rosa you're wonderful, thank you for such an enjoyable stay in Firenze!! I would give this Hostel 100% across the board but the 11-2:30 lock out for cleaning needs to change. Every other hostel I've stayed with has no such rule. Otherwise this Hostel really sets a new bar for Service and Vibe. The location is unbeatable, Thank you!!

Clean well located hostel, easy walking distance to train station, galleries, main square. Kitchen and dining area is limited, a concern for self caterers. Wine and munchies [pizza, pasta salad] provided for free in early evening. Free basic continental breakfast. Three hour midday lockout is an unwelcome throwback to earlier hostelling days; a problem in bad weather.

Entry involved going through a locked gate before heading upstairs to a keyed room. Our double private had 2 separate beds, 4 lockers for our belongings if we needed, a lamp and powerpoint at each bed side and also a caninet to put stuff in beside the beds. Location wise it was walking distance to a lot of attractions, to the Duomo it's like a 2 minute walk. Free beakfast was nice with cereals, croissants and tea and coffee. Sufficient amount of bathrooms with good water heat and pressure.

It's a great hostel and I enjoyed staying there. The location is great and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the breakfast and the free wine and appetizers every day at 6:30pm. The only downside and inconvenience was that there is no WIFI in the rooms, only in the common areas and in the common areas it's also not stable. Also, you are not allowed to be in the hostel 11-2. But, overall it was a great hostel and I would definitely stay there again!