Academy Hostel Reviews

Via Ricasoli 9, Florence, Italy

Fully recommended hostel. Very clean, tidy, cozy, comfort. The staff is very helpful, very kind. But the wifi didnt work properly.

This is a great place to stay. Central location, friendly staff and great facilities.

Excellent hostel. They treat guests well.

Clean, safe and comfortable!! =)

Shhh don't tell people about this place as they will want to book and then it will sell out!!

Very good location. Clean. Comfortable.

Academy Hostel was all around outstanding. It was very clean and comfortable, and we had enough personal space despite being in a 6 bed dorm. Each bed gets their own locker large enough to fit most backpacks and then some, so in-room security is perfect. The location is also unparalleled, a block from the duomo and a 5-7 minute walk to of the main sites. They promoted a social atmosphere without being a "party hostel". We would absolutely stay here again.

• 15th Apr 2015

The free wine/dinner and breakfast made this a great deal. The dinner was really great for meeting other travelers and so I had travel buddies for the duration of my stay. Everything was clean and comfortable. The location is fabulous- it's essentially right next to the Duomo with about a 30 second walk (as well as just down the road from Accademia, a 2-3 minute walk).

Windows and doors have a good seal and therefore your nights will be silent.

This is a pretty awesome hostel, it's a bit pricey but it delivers with great location, facilities and breakfast.

Nice simple hotel in a nice area! Very close to the train station :)

• 13th Apr 2015

The hostel was great. The staff put on a little party on the terrace for people to meet. They had free wine and food!

You have to stay here!!! I was a solo traveller and got to meet people through the free dinner and free breakfast on offer. The beds are comfortable and offer privacy. The staff here are very knowledgable and willing to help. Would definitely return!!

My favourite hostel in my 2 month trip across Europe. Nice rooms, big lockers, bathrooms in the room. Rooms are very clean and spacious. Enjoyed the wine served each night as I met many other solo travellers whom I spent a lot of time with in Florence. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

Located pretty much in the middle, short walk from the train station and easy to get to everywhere else. Pretty clean and they have large lockers. They also had free wine and pasta most nights but not many people take this up unfortunately so made it quite dull. The staff were friendly and willing to help.

This place is fantastic. Perfect location: you can see Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore from the hostel. It's clean, quiet, well-run, the staff is friendly and helpful. They provide a good-sized locker (I had two in a private room) with a lock (so you don't have to bring your own and they don't charge you for it). I fit my luggage (carry-on) in one and had extra space. The towel is also free.

Great location train and sights. Breakfast and happy hour were great to meet people. Overall, had very pleasant stay.

Location is wonderful n people are friendly. However the only problem I met is hot water, I can't call it a good experience for taking shower. You have to wait for a while for the hot water in the the night & the water temp is unstable. Besides this everything is fine.

The hostel is literally round the corner from the beautiful Duomo and down the street from dell'Accademia - the home of Michelangelo's David. The staff were mostly friendly (a guy recommended a fantastic tratorria upon my arrival), but particular credit should be given to the cleaning staff who kept the hostel immaculate. The breakfast was ok if you have a sweet tooth! It was mostly sugary cereals and cakes. The hostel had a laid back atmosphere but the location made it the ideal choice for me.

This was my first hostel experience and I adored it! My room was clean, the lockers nice, no curfew, and I made great friends here from just one night! The staff was amazingly helpful, giving me lots of recommendations, and directions to everywhere. The location of the hostel is unbeatable too, a 3 minute walk from the Duomo and an easy walk to all the other neighborhoods, and the train and bus station too! I got a hot shower, towel, and everything impressed me.