Academy Hostel Reviews

Via Ricasoli 9, Florence, Italy

This hostel is highly rated, although my experince was average. It's in a great location, but the atmosphere inside the building is lacking. Wifi was great in the common areas, but only worked half the time in the room, which was irritating. Whilst the hostel was acceptably clean, you need to vacate from 11am until 2.30pm everyday for cleaning to take place - I underestimated the inconvenience this creates. Breakfast was cereal, some fruit & prepackaged crossiants. So, simply an 'okay' visit.

Very quiet, need some music playing in the background. Air con worked great.

1 bathroom for about 14ppl. Single beds were nice as opposed to bunks. Staff was friendly. Great location by the Duomo. Very cool facility

3 bathroom for 12ppl. maybe just unseen the other 2, we should have told you... our fault, thanks for your good review anyway

Had a great time in Florence. The hostel was right by the Duormo and easy walking to all of the city sites.

Amazing location. Lovely staff.

I location cannot be beat. You exit the hostel, look right and BAM, there's the Duomo less than a block away. It was nice that the beds were not bunks and they put white boards between the bed to provide a little more privacy (and also a place to hang clothes). Large lockers and they provide a lock and key. Good number of decently sized private bathroom. Unfortunately my dorm had one extra bed than they said. Not a big deal but the price often goes down the more beds there are.

Great location. Modern Decor. Clean and safe. But internet is not so smooth.

Perfect location right next to the Duomo. Dorm rooms are clean and spacious. My sole complaint is the length of the midday lockout for cleaning the hostel. Seems reasonable for the bedrooms but unnecessary for the lounge.

I had a great stay here! The hostel is very social, and the staff were fantastic (especially Toto). The rooms are really nice, with air conditioning and screens between the beds to add privacy, which was a nice touch. Breakfast wasn't fantastic, but it was free so no complaints here! The location is wonderful, you are right in the centre of the tourist district, and you really get to know the city well. Overall a great stay!

This hostel was good. Location is awesome. There is front of Duomo. Woman receptionist is not kind. Except that, Good. If i going back to frolence, i will stay again. If they don't make my room 'Asian group'.

• 5th Sep 2015
  • South Korea

Great location right near the cathedral. The staff that greated me could have been friendlier but I'll put that down to an bad day. Great facilities and a good breakfast.

This hostel was awesome! My friend and I stayed in the 4 bed dorm. It came with our own ensuite of a shower, toilet and sink. There were 2 sets of massive lockers plus bed side cabinets. It was very clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The only thing is it's not exactly a social hostel. We never really found many in the lounge or balcony. So we kept to our selves. But this was definitely one of my favourite hostels. Very impressed

One of the best hostels I've stayed in so far. The shared rooms were very well divided, with privacy screens. Bathroom was clean. They had an additional bed side table and cupboard to keep things, instead of piling things on the bed. Breakfast terrace was lovely. Laundry service was affordable. Staff was quite friendly and helpful. And the location is right next to the Duomo.

The best hostel in the world! the nicest crew

• 2nd Sep 2015
  • Israel

This was a great hostel! Really clean and comfortable rooms and the staff were friendly and extremely helpful. They even helped return some things to me that I had left behind at the hostel. The wifi was patchy in some of the rooms but otherwise a really enjoyable stay. Location was really good only a few steps from the Duomo.

Great location and value, we really enjoyed staying here!

The room was just as pictured. Bathrooms were clean with good temperature and pressure in the shower. I didn't realise breakfast was included in the price so that was a nice surprise. The staff were super friendly and gave me loads of advice deciding how to spend my 5 hours in Florence.

Overall average place to stay! We stayed in 5 hostels in a row throughout europe and this one was what you expect out of a hostel. The breakfast wasnt very good, some of the staff was very nice some of them were grumpy. The wifi didn't work in our room on the top floor which was very annoying. But it was an average place to stay overall.

• 23rd Aug 2015

Probably the best hostel I have ever stayed in.

• 23rd Aug 2015

Awsome place. By far the best hostel I,ve been to...