Academy Hostel Reviews

Via Ricasoli 9, Florence, Italy

I stayed here 6 years ago and it hasn't changed since then, it's one of the best places i ever stayed. Location is perfect: 10 minutes walk from train station and half block from duomo. Breakfast and aperitivi included are one of the best and great to meet new people. Staff was VERY helpful, they even manage to grant me an extra night when I decided to extend my stay, recommended great places to eat out and daytrips around tuscany. Some extra plugs close to beds would make it perfect

A really clean place with nice little touches. I like the individual 'room in a room' feel you get with the screens. Really helpful staff and the location is fantastic for Florence. Nice little touches in offering breakfast, wine (both help meet other guests), padlocks and torches. Tiny, tiny negatives: the power points aren't near your bed, seems like you can hear every door bang from your bed and don't expect too much from the 'dinner appetiser'. But don't get me wrong, this is a top hostel.

This hostel is located near many of Florence's main attractions which was fantastic (especially if you want to line up early). The breakfast was awesome enough to get me to lunch. The staff were very helpful on what to do and where to go.

Pros: The hostel has an excellent location, right near the Duomo and city center. The staff was nice and helpful. The facilities were very good. The beds and bedsheets were great. Cons: passive-aggressive signs all over the hostel (like "clean your stuff, your mama doesn't work here" and something like that... yes, I get bothered by this kind of thing hahaha come on people, more kindness, please?), the pillows were not so great in relation to the beds.

Good hostel. I stayed in other well rated hostel and prefer this one. Very patient and helpful staff, good location.

Fantastic location right next to Florence cathedral. Clean rooms, free breakfast and wine at night. Helpful staff, would highly recommend this hostel for stays in Florence.

Very good in all levels. Good, friendly staff and great facilities (terrace, common areas,etc.) Perfect location in a quiet street, 50 meter from the Dome. A bit to the pricey site, but many free things included, like lamp, closet lock, towel and breakfast.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

This is always my first choice when I come to Florence and as it is not always available I find myself needing to drop in to say hi it is such a wonderful hostel. Great staff, evening wine is sociable, it is a great place to meet other travelers. Great location, nice breakfast, comfortable rooms, good showers. I love the place.

Great bfast! Friendly staff! Great location...less than a block from the florence cathedral (central location) 10 min walk to train station.

Although there is check in times listed and they do allow the bags to be stored. I still believe that one should be able to check in as soon as they arrive to the location. Sometimes flights get delayed or changed. After a long flight one just wants to drop off the luggage and slightly refresh and just go in the room even if it's only for a few minutes. Also if the ensuite is detached from the room it should be listed.

Great hostel! Very clean, very professional, very helpful staff.

• 4th Apr 2014

Friendly staffs. Clean and big room. You can see Duomo just 2minute by walk. Good breakfast. And simple free dinner.

Excelent location! Poor breakfast

Next time we will provided a private bodyguard for you and we will serve Fiorentina Steak for breakfast :)

This is seriously THE BEST hostel I have ever stayed in so far. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They thoroughly clean the hostel every morning when everyone is out. The free wine and food session every evening is a great opportunity to mingle with other fellow travellers. Lockers within the rooms are also handy to keep all your belongings.

One of the best hostels I have stayed at. New, I stayed in a private room, it was large and spacious and the beds were comfortable. We met some really cool people, and the location was amazing(about a block from the duomo). They even offered complimentary wine during dinner time , and thats how we were able to meet some other people.

• 21st Mar 2014

I thought everyone was friendly!

This hostel is one of the best I ve ever stayed at. Its location is simply perfect, the staff is extraordinarily friendly and helpful, the rooms are and bathrooms are very tidy.You even get breakfast and every evening the staff makes a wee snack and serves wine in the kitchen area so people can meet up and mix. I loved the atmosphere at this place. I strongly recommend the Academy Hostel in Florence!!!!

Perfect hostel, in the center of firenze. Amazing stuff and cleanliness, very quiet

The atmosphere is great there, you can make new friends who are from different countries easily , the room and everywhere is clean at all, high recommended to friend staying there. But just one problem there, the Wi-Fi connection is very bad, always disconnected automatically (no matter in the room or lobby)

Utterly superb hostel