Açaí Hostel Salvador Reviews

Rua do Passo, 7, Salvador, Brazil

Unfortunately we were also one of those that were robbed as mentioned in other reviews this April. Even though the situation was very tense and stressful the staff handled it very calmly and well. They have our admiration for this. Certainly, the hostel has to boost up the security measures (is actually doing it right now) It was truly one of the best hostels we have stayed at in Brazil and we wish them lot of luck and strength to go on!

Thank you very much for the review! We're really sorry for what happened, the robbery was a terrifying experience for everybody. For this motive we closed the hostel for 3 weeks to restore and increase the whole security system with electric fences and movement detectors. We just open again to continue offering the great experience as always, but now in a safer environment. Regards, Francisco (the owner)

I am so sad to be the one to describe what happened. The hostel was robbed by gunmen at 4am on 21 April 2015. They took everyone's cash and electronics. It was one of the most terrifying moments of my life, I likely will not be coming back to Salvador. The hostel staff are great, the atmosphere is fantastic. They NEED to make the security better on the roof. Especially after this incident.

I also was there on the night that the hostel was assaulted, it was a terrible experience. Before this I only had good comments about the hostel, it´s well located, the staff is attentive, in the rooms every bed has a small box with a plug inside and a key, personal light, fan, a black courtain and a locker . The breakfast its really good, also free caipirinhas and on mondays they do churrasco for 15 reales. Its a pity that this assault happend (it shows that Salvador it´s a dangerous city).

The hostel is great! Great beds, great varanda, nice breakfast, great atmosphere. The whole hostel was set up to be very functional and fun. However, I lived there one of the worst experiences of my life. One night 3 armed men came in the hostel, took all our money and electronics and then looked us in the bathroom. The hostel of course is not responsible, and the whole staff were true heroes through the entire thing but it was such a scary experience that I had to share it..

If you want to get in touch and party with other backpackers, that´s your place.There´s always something going on and people hanging out on the terrace. I stayed there a Monday night and their BBQ was really great (abundant and delicious).However, the samba club on the other side of the street is really noisy and when you´re in your room it´s as loud as if your where right on the dancefloor.The ground floor had a strong smell of mold. I think rooms there don´t even have windows. Book first floor

Very good location. Beds are perfect (with safe box, lockers) good breakfast and nice atmosphere with free drinks. Love it

Açai is one of the best hostels I've stayed in over years of travel. Its young owner is inspiring and fun taking guests out on various nights for samba dancing, music and clubbing. The beds are great with good lockable facilities and air conditioning. The location is supurb, right in the heart of the historic old town and a stone throw from most attractions. A free caiprinha every evening is a real nice touch too!

Awesome breakfast, incredible dorms (best rooms I've ever been in) and great atmosphere and roof terrace. Great place to meet people.

Very well designed beds with curtains, lights, fans, storage.... It feels like your own room! And the owner is lovely 😃

Great location in the middle of old town. Staff is great, very helpful. Bed setup is brilliant with big and small lockers for each person, fan and curtain for privacy. Hostel had more of a chilled vibe than a party vibe when I was there but Tuesday night is great with street party right outside the building. Free caiprihina each night.

We had an increidble stay at the hostel. Francisco the owner is a great guy! He is such a lovely person, always willing to help and even to go out with us at night! The rest of the staff was nice too, though my friends had some trouble understanding them as they don't speak english. I strongly recommend to book the city tour with Jucimar, another lovely person who made us feel in love with Salvador and its people. An amazing experience!

I thought it was one of the best hostels I've ever been to. The beds are really good with curtains and your one closet, the staff is really friendly and helpful.

• 22nd Mar 2015

I loved this hostel. The owner himself took me to a live jazz show which I enjoyed because I got to see so much about the vibe in the city, we had free caipirinhas every night, if you are a solo traveler male or female this is the perfect hostel, you meet nice people from around the world, the location is perfect and I loved the curtains on the bunk beds, (made it more private) best experience at a dorm ever!!

perfect location at the historic city ocenter, nice staff, great rooftop teracce to hang out and meet ppl. superb beds in boxes which provide good privacy. would definetely go there again.

The atmosphere in this hostel was great. People are very friendly and we all went out to the Thuesday party in town. Breakfast was the best I've seen in Brazil so far.

I've never seen hostel beds quite as good as those — wide, comfy, and complete with three private trinket drawers, fan, reading lamp, blackout curtains for added privacy, and a ridiculously big locker that easily fits two large backpacks. Breakfast is served 'till late and the terrace overlooking the Historic Centre is perfect for mingling and sipping on your free happy-hour caipirinhas.

• 16th Mar 2015

It's waw! The owner so nice person. And lockation and stuff is the best! !!!And more!!! - Free coperinya every night, - free pasta and rise, - realy cool breackfast. - free towel. - and rooms with the good space! По русски скажу только приедте сюда не пожалеете!!!

I've been travelling for over a year and this has been one of the best hostels I have stayed at. Great vibe, super friendly staff, great location and an excellent tour guide that visits every morning (Juicimar was brilliant). Even the beds were great with your own fan, light, plug socket and curtain for extra privacy. Well thought out in every way. 5 stars.

I cannot think of anything bad to say about this hostel. The owner really as thought of everything that a backpacker needs. It's the little details that make the hostel stand out. They have privacy curtains for sleeping and the beds are clean and comfortable. There's storage space that actually fits your bag and a separate one for your phone with a charger. There's a free caprinha and activities planned for the nights. The location rocks too! Definitely stay here!!

great hostel! the best i have ever stayed in! super comfortable beds with curtains! all designed to give you the most comfort you could ever expect from hostel. the location is also excellent! right in the historic center and next door to parties. hostel provides city tours (which are interresting) and many things more (barbeque on the roof top, caperinhas )

« first « Prev 1 2 3