Açaí Hostel Salvador Reviews

Rua do Passo, 7, Salvador, Brazil

great atmosphere. great facilities. you should all go there.

Great new place in the middle of Pelourinho (Old Town of Salvador). It is a small place so you will always find other travelers and the staff will give you special attention. I recommend and would stay there again

Very good choice if you like to discover the historical city but also like to have a good time at the hostel. I had a very good time at Acai. Depending on the room it might be a bit loud, so if you like to rest and sleep you should ask for a quiet room.

Great hostel, very clean and new. Staff were excellent and very helpful. Each bed comes with a locker for large luggage as well as a private small locker in the bunk for your valuables. Location could not have been better, right in the heart of the historic center.

Acai was great! We had a problem with some of the people in our room our first night, but the staff quickly remedied it and did the best they could by us. The place is clean, the staff is awesome, the free drinks are delicious and the location is great!

• 4th Aug 2014

Excellent Hostel and staff. They really Know what you need where you are travelling . I really had wonderful time there during my stay in Salvador. There is also a terrace from Which you can even spot the church of largo do pelourinho, Which is just round the corner! . Definetely I would recommend

• 4th Aug 2014

This is very very close to be the perfect hostel! Thanks for the great stay!

Exceeded my expectations. Great location, super organized and clean, very well planned and comfortable accommodation. The Hostel has a very pleasant atmosphere, I felt like I was at home. The hospitality was the best, note A to everyone who received us. It was a pretty cool experience with the other guests, where we could interact, learn and share our cultures. Excellent! I already want to go back.

• 2nd Aug 2014

The hostel is quite new, and part of it is still under construction. The beds are comfy and include a personal light & fan as well as two lockers for every guest - a big one under the bed & a smaller one, with a plug inside, right next to the bed - lock and keys are included. The rooms are spacious enough and very clean. Shared bathrooms are clean & the showers hot. A spacious common area plus outside terrace are at convenience. Highly recommended, I really enjoyed my stay!

Amazing hostel!! my new family in salvador! the owner Francisco is awesome as well as the staff and volunteers!! I'll never forget my time at Açai!!

This hostel was absolutely fantastic, very well thought out. You can tell Francisco, the owner, has done a lot of travelling because he's absolutely nailed this. Power points in lockers, fans for each bed, big and small locker per person.. Francisco was super helpful, as were all of his staff. Rather then just telling where was good to go and what was good to see, if they had the time they would offer to tag along with you and show you around. One of the best hostels ive stayed at.

Excelent hostel: beds, badrooms and kitchen awesome and clean and the staff is excellent. But only two comments: the breakfast could be better and its a little noising at nights.

The hostel was very new when I was there in July and seemed not quite finished. The lockers in the room were good, one big one under the bed and a small one next to the bed to lock your phone in while it's charging, which was a good idea. The communal areas were only small and not overly friendly. There was also no hot water in the showers when I was there, but that might have been fixed by now.

It was great to stay in this hostel. The owner Francesco was really helpful especially when you have some trouble when you have to make phone call and with the communication difficulties in South America they staff were always there for help. Again Francesco was really a good help during my stay. Thank so much.

This is hostel was so clean and new. The staff were really friendly and helpful. They offered us cakes, free caiprinhas and invited us to watch films and go samba dancing. It has a really nice terrace, a washing machine and a great kitchen. The rooms were really well designed, with big lockable drawers under the beds and small lockers with outlets inside and individual lamps. The showers are designed so your clothes and towels dot get wet. The nicest hostel weve stayed in. Cant recommend enough!

This was a great hostel. The staff were amazing and the atmosphere was a lot of fun. The only 2 areas for improvement are: - better wifi. The connection would often drop if there were too many people connected. It would require a router reset. - non-unisex bathrooms. 2 toilets and 2 showers were not enough for all the guests. Also, privacy was a bit of an issue. Otherwise, the rooms were new and well furnished with spacious lockers.

This is a brand new hostel situated in the heart of the historical centre. I spent a couple of nights here and had a fantastic time - it's probably one of the best hostels in Salvador at this price range.

• 7th Jul 2014

Amazing staff, amazing location, great rooms. Would definitly reccomend.

Really nice place, though its brand new and is still being finished - not so nice eating breakfast with floorboard being drilled in. Once its finished though, this will probably be one of the nicest hostels in salvador.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Francisco and his staff are the friendliest and best hosts! They will give you great suggestions on where to go, will take you out on the town, or host their very own party in the hostel. I started my mornings sipping hot coffee on the balcony and listening to the sounds of Salvador wake up. At night, I enjoyed free caipirinhas and great conversations with other travelers before hitting the town. The beds are very comfortable and come with a huge locker! Stay here! You will not be disappointed!