Açaí Hostel Salvador Reviews

Rua do Passo, 7, Salvador, Brazil

Great staff very helpful , feels homely and the facilities were up to date a new, what I like to call the backpackers experience

Breakfast great. Ham, cheese, fruits. No eggs. Located in historic center. Beds are awesome, very comfortable, best sleep in hostel ever. Atmosphere fun and chilling thanks to staff.. Could clean bathroom twice a Day instead of one.. Everything else great.

Really nice hostel on a great location and with very helpfull & friendly staff! We enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it to anybody who is looking for a nice place in Salvador!

• 4th Dec 2014

Acai hostel is god's gift to the earth. Joy is the most beautiful brit on the planet. Marcos is the second coming of christ and a master of hoola hooping.

• 1st Dec 2014

It is a pretty new Hostel, so beds and furniture are excellent. The kitchen is really basic and small. Sorry for cooking not really useful. The location is easy to tech by bus or taxi and the main sights are in walking distance. The atmosphere is really cool. The owner is always around and helpful and the staff likes to go out and hang around with the guests :) Definietly a plus.

A highlight of our time in Salvador - highly recommended! Açaí Hostel was a fantastic place to stay in Salvador; Francisco and his volunteer team (especially Joy, Lydia and Champ) were incredibly accommodating, helpful and friendly. At Açaí, the bunk beds are spacious and each bed has 2 lockers: a large one for your backpack and a handy bedside one with a plug inside to charge phones etc securely. They also have kitchen and laundry facilities and a balcony overlooking the top of the old town.

I've stayed in several hostels in Brazil and elsewhere and never before have I felt the need to post a review, but Açai Hostel really made me wanna take my time to tell other travelers how great this hostel is. The owner is an experienced traveler and he really knows what people are looking for when they book a hostel. The vibe for meeting other travelers is great and that was very important for my trip because it was raining in Salvador, but still we could party at the hostel with other people.

• 18th Nov 2014

Best hostel in Latin America. You will not find a more comfortable bed in any hostel, anywhere. The mattress is great and each bed has a huge locker, plus a smaller locker with a powerpoint, plus a fan, light and a curtain which turns your bed into a mini private space. The location of this hostel is perfect. Right in the heart of the Pelourinho which is what you want to see in Salvador. Bathrooms are fine. Breakfast is great. Staff are fantastic. Free caipirinha every night.

It was great! Amazing staff! Best Beds I had on all my trips with a personal lamp, a personal fan, more than one personal electricity thingie ( steckdose) and two lockers around the bed! And a free caipi every night. Get there on Tuesday to joy a big samba party 😉

Would highly recommend this place! Everything is brand new and the location is just perfect.

First time ever that i give a hostel 100% - Francisco, the owner, takes care that everything goes well, gives good advise on where to go, takes you to the local parties, ... de hostel has the most AMAZING beds i have ever seen! (individual reading lamp, fan, plugs, small locker and big locker for backpack and super comfortable) Always clean good social atmosphere - people join to go out together - very good setup for meeting people when traveling alone perfect location rooftop terrace and so on!

The hostel was very good and I have felt very confortable

Excellent hostel and excellent staff, headed up by the wonderful Francisco. Free caipirinha every day at 7pm is a great touch and can be the start of a good night as the Açai team tend to join in on the nightly activities. The location is perfect for exploring the Pelourinho and the beaches, rodoviaria and airport can be reached from the bus station at Praça de Se which is a 5 minute walk from thr hostel. Fully recommend this hostel for anybody visiting Salvador.

I think this is one of the best hostels that I ever stayed in. Keep up the great work.

New, clean, safe with a nice atmosphere ! We recommend !

Best hostel i've been in Brazil

Thank you so much to Francisco and the team, I had the best time in Salvador thanks to them. I was struggling with flights and Francisco, the owner of the place, has been as helpful as one can be. The perfect location, the comfy beds and the free Caipirinha every night, and the lovely staff will ensure you a lovely time there :)

literaly it was the best hostel I have been to so far. Mostly beause of staff and atmosphere they created. I came there twice and if one day I will come back to Salvador for sure Im gonna pick this place and recommended it to others :)

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Poland

If you stay in Salvador, this is the place to be. Definitely recommend this hostel!

Great hostel! We especially liked the security, as each bed has two lockers (for which locks are provided) and we also like the fans that are attached to each individual bed. Staff was great, we enjoyed some free caipirinhas with them and they took us out to go Samba dancing. Breakfast was alright, overall definitely great value for money. Would be nice though if the hostel would provide/sell açaí, as it is called açaí hostel ;-)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4