Açaí Hostel Salvador Reviews

Rua do Passo, 7, Salvador, Brazil

I was really impressed with Acai hostel. I felt so at home here that I booked some extra nights and will return. In the centre of historic Salvador, the location is perfect. The outdoor terrace is lovely. The dorms are very well designed with comfy beds, good lockers and plug sockets by the beds. I think the individual bed curtains are fantastic for privacy. The best thing is the sociable atmosphere and great staff. They really helped me when I had a problem with an airline/flight. Thanks Acai!x

Perfect location.nice staff. Everything is perfect.

Awesome!! Francisco is the best host ever!! The rooms are wonderful..I felt very safe and welcomed! Awesome breakfast.....and delicious caipirinhas! Best hostel I've ever been to, dont miss out!

• 14th Jan 2015

very very good!! grat location, everything is new. i will come again!

Very cool hostel with a friendly staff. With curtains for each bed you feel like you can still have some privacy even though you are sharing a 8 beds room.

This is the best backpackers I've ever been to! Awesome facilities with small details which make backpackers life so much easier! Like a huge docker-drawer where all the stuff fits in, charger in the smaller locker to charge stuff while you are away, a black personal curtain which gives so much privacy and sleeping comfort. Plus the atmosphere and the team that is just great!

I have seen many backpackers in my life but the Açaì hostel in Salvador is definitely the best i'll ever stayed. The staff is great and very helpful and friendly. There is a lot of space for the backpacks/luggage etc. Every bed has curtains so you have privacy. The location can't be better here!

Really nice brand new hostel. Good breakfast and also free coffee at anytime, free pasta and a free caipirinha every night! Dorms are really comfy with a lot of privacy. Good activitity organised. Just didn't like the music selection...sorry guys! It might have been better to play some Brazilian music... Nice night out with all the people from the hostel on blessed Tuesday.

Awesome hostel! The staff is really cool and makes you feel like your actually at home! Excellent place to meet new friends! Facilities could not be better and the location is perfect! I will definitely be coming back to açai as soon as I can!

100% howesome : clean, secured, really nice localized, calme (excepted tuesday, but its usual), intimity in dormitories, honest breakfast, and charming place. I definitely recommand this place to stay in Salvador.

Stayed for 5 nights over the Christmas period. Dorms are very cool and secure with sockets in the cabinets to charge you electronic equipment. Two English guys, Diarmuid and Martin are too class guys and were always on hand to give advice about the night life and places to visit. Thanks guys

Great staff very helpful , feels homely and the facilities were up to date a new, what I like to call the backpackers experience

Breakfast great. Ham, cheese, fruits. No eggs. Located in historic center. Beds are awesome, very comfortable, best sleep in hostel ever. Atmosphere fun and chilling thanks to staff.. Could clean bathroom twice a Day instead of one.. Everything else great.

Really nice hostel on a great location and with very helpfull & friendly staff! We enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it to anybody who is looking for a nice place in Salvador!

Acai hostel is god's gift to the earth. Joy is the most beautiful brit on the planet. Marcos is the second coming of christ and a master of hoola hooping.

• 1st Dec 2014

It is a pretty new Hostel, so beds and furniture are excellent. The kitchen is really basic and small. Sorry for cooking not really useful. The location is easy to tech by bus or taxi and the main sights are in walking distance. The atmosphere is really cool. The owner is always around and helpful and the staff likes to go out and hang around with the guests :) Definietly a plus.

A highlight of our time in Salvador - highly recommended! Açaí Hostel was a fantastic place to stay in Salvador; Francisco and his volunteer team (especially Joy, Lydia and Champ) were incredibly accommodating, helpful and friendly. At Açaí, the bunk beds are spacious and each bed has 2 lockers: a large one for your backpack and a handy bedside one with a plug inside to charge phones etc securely. They also have kitchen and laundry facilities and a balcony overlooking the top of the old town.

I've stayed in several hostels in Brazil and elsewhere and never before have I felt the need to post a review, but Açai Hostel really made me wanna take my time to tell other travelers how great this hostel is. The owner is an experienced traveler and he really knows what people are looking for when they book a hostel. The vibe for meeting other travelers is great and that was very important for my trip because it was raining in Salvador, but still we could party at the hostel with other people.

• 18th Nov 2014

Best hostel in Latin America. You will not find a more comfortable bed in any hostel, anywhere. The mattress is great and each bed has a huge locker, plus a smaller locker with a powerpoint, plus a fan, light and a curtain which turns your bed into a mini private space. The location of this hostel is perfect. Right in the heart of the Pelourinho which is what you want to see in Salvador. Bathrooms are fine. Breakfast is great. Staff are fantastic. Free caipirinha every night.

It was great! Amazing staff! Best Beds I had on all my trips with a personal lamp, a personal fan, more than one personal electricity thingie ( steckdose) and two lockers around the bed! And a free caipi every night. Get there on Tuesday to joy a big samba party 😉

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4