Accents on the Park Reviews

335 Trafalgar Square, Nelson, New Zealand

The hostel is an ideal location right in the middle of Nelson. The owner is friendly and helped organize a day of mountain biking for me, The hostel feels more like a guest house due to the cleanliness and comfy beds.

I was put in the 'stables' which on this occasion was perfect, but it was a bunk bed and a single bed put into the kitchen/living area for the bedroom attached nxt door. Luckily had lovely room mates and no one was walking in and out all night which i could see happening as its only access to the bathroom/entrance. Hostel is quirky and is a nice place to stop over before/after glacier trips. Free soup/breakfast bonus. Free Wifi after 6pm is useless/didnt work. Super friendly/approachable staff.

Only stayed for one night and didn't use the kitchen/lounge so can't comment on these areas, although the room and the hallway areas were very clean and tidy. The staff were very friendly and the bathrooms were large and had hair dryers; a hostel bonus! A few minutes walk to the centre of Nelson.

Love the signer at the bar :)

I had great fun at Accents and in a few days managed to feel completely at home. The only thing I could think of for an improvement is free wifi all round although you can do the most necessary stuff online in the 1 hour of free wifi granted.

Outstanding location. Nice rooms with cubbies (though not lockers), great kitchen, fabulous restaurant and bar, very clean throughout, great showers. Free wifi only lasts an hour ($5 for 24 hours) and the computer costs $1/10 minutes. The laundry was awesome after my Abel Tasman trek (though also expensive). They did store my extra stuff for free, which was really helpful, and they have some free propane for camping stoves.

Loved this place! The staff was super friendly and helpful, and the hostel just has a really good vibe in general. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Fresh baked bread in the morning if you wake up early enough. Lockers would have been nice, but it doesn't really seem like the type of place you need them. Would recommend this place to anyone!

It took them 1h30 (between 8am and 9.30am) to let me know that I could not extend my stay. They said I could have extended my stay if I wanted to stay 2 nights, but not for 1 night only.. Very unreliable reception team. Why could they not tell me right away that you were fully booked instead of making me wait 1h30 before asking me to check out? Went to Paradiso the second night. Very friendly team! I would recommend them instead anytime!

Overall good hostel in a good location. Big kitchen

Very nice hostel located in the centre of Nelson. It is well run, with friendly and extremely hospitable staff. The building maintains a very nice guesthouse feel, is well furnished and kept clean and tidy. The cafe on site is great for food and drinks. Accents is also the perfect base for a trip to the Abel Tasman National Park. Would highly reccommend.

Really friendly and helpful staff. Room was really big with tons of storage which is great. Good location bar downstairs is cool. Only complaint, not enough plug sockets!

Everythings perfect except from the bathrooms.

Love this place, definitely going to stay here next time in Nelson. Staff is super friendly and helpful, the building is really nice, nice rooms, good bathrooms, and there's several balconies where you can sit and enjoy the outdoor view. Friendly atmospehere, a common room with lots of dvds to watch together with other people. And definitely try the pub downstairs, super good food.

I enjoyed my stay more than I have at any other hostel. It was homey and inviting (the fresh bread hits a special chord), and the staff were delightfully kind, offering helpful and genuine advice. It was more like staying in a B&B than a hostel, but priced well. Seriously enjoyed the visit, and would come again given the chance.

• 28th Nov 2013

Nice hostel in city centre. Everything you need is there, clean showers and toilets, very nice staff and good atmosphere. I would go there again without a doubt.

Loved this place! So clean and the staff could not be more helpful. I would highly this hostel if you are staying in Nelson :)

Cute wee hostel, comfy beds and a nice kitchen. Shame the free wifi is only an hour!

Really lovely hostel, almost guest house quality rooms, spacious kitchen and dining area downstairs, with attached restaurant and bar if required. All right next to Nelson Cathedral and high street, not much to fault!

Great hostel, unlimited wifi and free fresh bread every morning.

This hostel is one of the nicest I've been to in New Zealand. It's clean, ideally located and full of ideas of what to do. As a plus, the owners offer complementary homemade bread every day!

• 26th Oct 2013