Accents on the Park Reviews

335 Trafalgar Square, Nelson, New Zealand

Great place to stay, comfy clean beds, nice staff, good kitchen, free fresh bread for breakfast....would have stayed here longer.

we had a wonderful stay :) the bread was great and the staff very friendly. Cheers!

Free bread! Won me over. Although be prepared for bunk beds stacked 3 high! Slightly dangerous...

Really great hostel, tasty fresh bread daily. There's a really nice vegetarian restaurant downstairs. The hostel has gear hire if you're doing the Abel Tasman Coast track. Really welcoming and homely, we ended up staying for ages!

Can't say enough good things about Accents. The owner (?) was soooo helpful if you plan to hike Abel Tasman. He saved us a ton of money by renting us his own camping equipment (tent, sleeping bag/pad, stove, utensils, etc.). So helpful. Great location. Awesome place.

Great location and the staff were so helpful and friendly!

Was a lovely backpackers, the tv room was very homely. Only bad points was the inconvenience of not taking card payments from non NZ accounts and having to pay in cash and not being allowed to stay in the hostel after check out if you've an afternoon bus to wait for. Otherwise excellent!

The hostel is cozy and has a cool atmosphere. The bread in the morning is a nice perk, but beware some things are off from 10pm (kitchen, computers, washing machines). Be aware the INTERNET IS NOT FREE, they give you a voucher that lasts 1 HOUR.

The free bread was a realy nice thing, staff was helpful. One thing, there where just four places to charge your phone in the room I stayed in, and we where 8 people. But other than that, I liked it.

The hostel is an ideal location right in the middle of Nelson. The owner is friendly and helped organize a day of mountain biking for me, The hostel feels more like a guest house due to the cleanliness and comfy beds.

I was put in the 'stables' which on this occasion was perfect, but it was a bunk bed and a single bed put into the kitchen/living area for the bedroom attached nxt door. Luckily had lovely room mates and no one was walking in and out all night which i could see happening as its only access to the bathroom/entrance. Hostel is quirky and is a nice place to stop over before/after glacier trips. Free soup/breakfast bonus. Free Wifi after 6pm is useless/didnt work. Super friendly/approachable staff.

Only stayed for one night and didn't use the kitchen/lounge so can't comment on these areas, although the room and the hallway areas were very clean and tidy. The staff were very friendly and the bathrooms were large and had hair dryers; a hostel bonus! A few minutes walk to the centre of Nelson.

Love the signer at the bar :)

I had great fun at Accents and in a few days managed to feel completely at home. The only thing I could think of for an improvement is free wifi all round although you can do the most necessary stuff online in the 1 hour of free wifi granted.

Outstanding location. Nice rooms with cubbies (though not lockers), great kitchen, fabulous restaurant and bar, very clean throughout, great showers. Free wifi only lasts an hour ($5 for 24 hours) and the computer costs $1/10 minutes. The laundry was awesome after my Abel Tasman trek (though also expensive). They did store my extra stuff for free, which was really helpful, and they have some free propane for camping stoves.

Loved this place! The staff was super friendly and helpful, and the hostel just has a really good vibe in general. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Fresh baked bread in the morning if you wake up early enough. Lockers would have been nice, but it doesn't really seem like the type of place you need them. Would recommend this place to anyone!

It took them 1h30 (between 8am and 9.30am) to let me know that I could not extend my stay. They said I could have extended my stay if I wanted to stay 2 nights, but not for 1 night only.. Very unreliable reception team. Why could they not tell me right away that you were fully booked instead of making me wait 1h30 before asking me to check out? Went to Paradiso the second night. Very friendly team! I would recommend them instead anytime!

Overall good hostel in a good location. Big kitchen

Very nice hostel located in the centre of Nelson. It is well run, with friendly and extremely hospitable staff. The building maintains a very nice guesthouse feel, is well furnished and kept clean and tidy. The cafe on site is great for food and drinks. Accents is also the perfect base for a trip to the Abel Tasman National Park. Would highly reccommend.