Acco Hostel Reviews

Ansgariegatan 10, Stockholm, Sweden

Acco hostel is worth what you pay. It is very cheap, but doesn't have much atmosphere or security. Everyone has access codes to the front door and the rooms, and there is rarely a staff member available (I don't think there was anyone working in the hostel for most of the time). However, it was clean and had showers, a kitchen, and laundry facilities. Overall, I had a good experience there.

Thank you for your review! We would be happy to see you in our hostel again!

The place had overflowing trashcans, hair in the showers, and water all over the kitchens and bathrooms. I did not stay the second night, which I had already paid for. The door to the hostel was propped open in the daytime, with no real verification if someone was staying.

Thank you for the review. We improved the issue with cleaning. It is one of our top priorities in the hostel. As for the door. That was a one day issue, we fixed it. Receptionist controlled the entrance. And watched a camera in the lobby when wasn't there. Thanks.

Reception is open too short time from 09.00-13.00. 09.00-15.00 had been better or 09.00-14.00. One hour more might seem not much but would do great help for those who renting, I saw it the days I stayed at you.

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Thank you for the review and the suggestion. We will definitely consider it!

-Great location (only about two metro stop away from T-Centralen, Stockholm's main/central train station), helpful staff, free laundry facilities, and the showers are good - good water pressure and temperature control

Thank you for your beautiful review. We appreciate your choice to stay with us. Would be happy to see you again!

Average place. No wifi when I was there. Hardly ever a receptionist. Just poorly run.

Thank you for the review. Acco is a self-check in hostel. This means that guests can check in themselves with the code that is provided via email. With all that, guests are always supported. And in case there are any issues, they are solved very quickly. We just need to be notified by phone. Wifi issue could be corrected very quicky by rebooting a router. You could just ask :)

Cheap hostel, that's all

Thanks for the review. We have affordable prices, but with that, we are trying to provide the best possible service.

Windows poorly insulated both against street noise and daylight.

Thank you for the review. We'll correct the issue with windows.

Not much space. But you get what you pay for, very reasonable price

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Thanks for the review!

Staff needs to be changed.

Thank you for your feedback! Please write us an email with a bit more information about the issue with our staff and we'll fix the situation. We are ready to become better and change the staff if necessary.

Acco is very small. The rooms are tight fitted, the lobby common area is very small. I stayed in a 6 bed mixed room was poorly ventilated and at times was difficult to bear the heat of early June. The hostel is on the second floor and seemed to trap the heat from the only washer and only dryer along with the humidy and heat from the showers, which made it significantly warmer. We had to keep the windows open, which made it difficult to sleep because of so much noise from the adjacent street.

Thank you for your review! Your feedback helps us become better. We'll do our best to improve rooms ventilation and create more space to our guests and we apologize for any inconvenience that you might have.

I found the 'room code in the envelope' -system a security risk - anyone of the guests (or someone wandering in as the front door was open) could have taken someone else's envelope. Also, this time around the other guests weren't very considerate. There was loud talking at 1 am and people taking over the lounge area and not understanding that other people have rooms next to it. Some of my food was stolen from the fridge. I think the time for silence = night time should be stated on the rules.

Thank you so much for your feedback! We fixed our security measures and this is not longer an issue in the hostel. As for the noise, we are very sorry for the inconvenience. The hostel has strict rules about the noise after 10 pm. Information with these rules is sent via email right after the booking and is seen in the hostel premises. We respect the rest of our guests and do our best for your comfort.

Worst hostel I ever been!!!! This is way to expensive for something like that. It's not even a hostel, no common room, no kitchen, the staff is very bad (we were late, check in at 8pm and not 7pm and the girl tried to charge us with our credit card and didn't wait for us. This hostel is just a bed to sleep in and nothing else. Very far away from everything. Avoid if possible!!!!

Thank you for your review. Our hostel is located in 10 minutes from the center, bus stop is just around the corner. Metro is nearby. We have a kitchen are with microwaves and refrigerator. Our staff is very friendly and tries to solve all the issues the guests have. Acco is a self-check in hostel, a code to the door is sent to email, so there shouldn't have been problems with accessing the building.

good location, but noisy inside and outside,

The door to the hostel was open during the day, which made it easy for us to come in and out (but also for anyone off the street to come in and out). Doors lock at night, and you need a code to get in which was comforting. The rooms were VERY cramped, they squeezed 6 beds into our tiny room more meant for 4. I was very relieved that we were only there for 3 nights, or it would have been very claustrophobic and uncomfortable. The linens were gross, moldy and I wish I had brought my own instead.

• 19th May 2014

Thank you for your review! Security is one of the main factors we care about a lot, so this situation is already fixed. As for the lack of space, we try to improve this issue and make more space for rest for our guests. Thank you!

The hostel is right next to a busy street so i could not sleep at all because you can hear the traffic clearly. They also had a group of 10 year old who were just laugh and running around everywhere and when they left they were replaced by a group of 14 year olds. I would not stay here again. I rather pay more and be more comfortable.

• 19th May 2014

Thank you for your review. We do our best to improve the situation and isolate outside noise from the street.

It has been very nice. It is a good place if you do not want to spend a lot of money and it is quite good.

• 4th May 2014
  • Spain

It will be easier to find the hostel if you walk along the Hornsgatan instead of Brännkyrkagatan, even if your maps doesnt say so. The hostel is well managed, got the door key right away after done my payment. If you, for some reason, dont get your room pin number, just get inside the hostel first, and there will be envelope on a shelf with your name there and you will find your room pin number. The room is a bit small for 6 beds, but it is clean. The bed sheet and towel is also clean.

Not so far from Galma Stan. Clean. Good staff. Secure.

Thanks for the review!

No one answered at security when we phoned saying no towels or sheets were given. Original booking email gave us a code to get into room 14, but we had be changed to room 12. I could still get into room 14... lack of security for other people.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We are sorry for any inconvenience. Our hostel cares about our guests security a lot. And we always help with any guests' questions. Your reivew helped us improve ourselves even more. Thanks and you are welcome to visit us next time!

Wow. So disappointed. I thought the staff being there only a few hours a day might be okay, but it wasn't. There was a phone in the lobby to call them at 'any time' but they hardly answered. And other people had problems with not being given the new doors codes every day. The bedding was not good. Oh and they have 'bikes for rent'? No. They have ONE bike that they rented me with flat tires. I had to bring it back by 7pm, but the staff who said she would be there wasn't. Then she came in grumpy.