Accommodation Bushcamp Karen Reviews

Silanga Avenue, Fair Acres road off Karen/Langata road, Nairobi, Kenya

Pleasantly surprised, had a twin en suite and considered it as excellent value for money.

• 9th Feb 2014

I was extremely disappointed with the staff and their knowledge. I was meant to be staying at a different place with a similar name where I was getting picked up for a tour and I questioned the staff 20 times seeing if I had the right place and 1 hour after my pick up time I found out from someone else that I was at the wrong place!!!

A very nice house with great facilities and very good location for visiting Karen sights such as the Giraffe Center and Elephant Orphanage. However, this place is difficult to find and is not labeled well from the outside. Our driver could not find the place for about an hour even after speaking with the hostel on the phone. Be sure to have good directions/map or arrange a transfer with the hostel itself. Othewise though, everything was great!

The staff were very friendly, and assisted us in the arrangement of transport for sightseeing, to and fro the airport, booking of restaurant to our satisfaction. Very helpful and warm service provided, and happy to listen to our feedback. We truly enjoyed our stay.

• 3rd Oct 2013
  • Singapore

This is not the hostel for a traveler on a budget. The room cost may be cheap but its 20 US just to get to the city one way. So if u want to escape from the hostel you have to pay atleast 40 dollars. Everyone was really nice and I hate to leave a negative review but I didn't expect to spend a quarter as much. I spent 90 on simple transportation alone. But other than that its a 30 minute ride to town in a hot car in traffic and if u want to go out and socialize this is not the place.

• 12th Apr 2013

I was in Nairobi for a couple nights before moving into a volunteer house and this was a perfect place! The staff was fantastic, Sarah was delightful and always ready to help with whatever I need. The food was fantastic and the wi-fi was super strong. My only complaint is that it was so far from the city and would have cost $40 round trip to get there and back. Strongly recommend.

We absolutely loved our stay at this hostel. I don't think the photos do justice to this beautiful, relaxing guest house with wonderful garden. It is not very close to the centre of town, but if you are looking for a safe, comfortable place to spend a few nights then it is just perfect. We found it very handy for getting to the airport. The staff are also fantastic, and go out of their way to help you, including feeding us out of hours when we arrived hungry after a long journey!

Staff were really lovely and helpful. The place has a very homely feel and the staff make sure you feel at home. I stayed there twice and upon my return all the staff welcomed me back and remembered me. Was a really nice place to stay, i would stay there again.

This was a lovely place to stay. The staff are welcoming, friendly, speak good English and are extremely helpful. It is located in Karen, an upper market suburb not too far from the city, with security and beautiful gardens. Its wonderful if you want somewhere quiet to relax (near the National Park, Giraffe Centre, and Karen Bloxen museum), but I don't think it had good public transport links. Cabs were easily arranged, however. Meals provided were nutritious and tasty!

• 3rd Jan 2013

Excellent hostel - probably the nicest 1 I've ever stayed in. Great break away from the hustle and bustle of Nairobi.

• 23rd Aug 2012

Bush Camp Karen is an excellent place to stay at the start of your trip. They offer transfers from the airport which takes a lot of hassle out of things.The place is very secure and the staff are so welcoming and helpful....particularly when my bros luggage got lost and when an atm look my credit card. The rooms themselves are very cosy with hot water all day. You can get wifi down stairs as well. We arranged our killi climb from here for a very competitive price. All and all his is a great spot

• 2nd Jul 2012