Accoustix Backpackers Hostel Reviews

477A Jan Smuts Avenue, Hyde Park /Randburg, Johannesburg, South Africa

Was only there for a nap and a shower but seemed to be a cool hostle vibe. I would def stay there in the future

• 24th Aug 2014

It was a pleasure sharing with such a nice crowd!! Thanks a lot.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Spain

It was my plan to visit this hostel. But The give me wrong infromation about the pick up. So i was force to stay someware else

The staff were amazingly friendly and helpful, the hostel was clean and comfortable and a convenient distance to everything I needed. I had an amazing time at Accoustix!. I would definitely recommend this backpackers to everyone! Thank you :-)

the place has a very nice backyard and pool and outside sitting area. the common areas were used a lot and there was always somebody to chat with. the doorm rooms itself are small and good enough for sleeping. kitchen was well equipped and clean- bathroom facilites & kitchen were cleaned every day. the only unfortunate thing were the thin walls, you could hear every word spoken outside. the location is safe and easy to move around as there is a mall and a minibus rank in walking distance.

Breakfast was almost nothing and very disappointing. Rooms were clean and enough space to cook, relax and sit outside. Beautiful swimming pool.

• 12th Oct 2013

I definitely would recommend this Backpackers Hostel. It's conveniently located (close to Randburg Mall and Sandton City) and the service was excellent. The room I stayed in was quite and very neat, so I had no trouble getting comfortable as I stayed there.It is very secure, so safety was not an issue. Would definitely stay there again.

• 24th Sep 2013
  • South Africa

The room was really nice, the staff were extremely helpful and everything was always very clean.

very, very poor customer service

• 13th Jun 2013

The wi fi is a really great problem, it does'nt works. but, the place is quiet, cheap, and the staff very helpful.

Internet was broken! really need new matrices! When i sent an email about how to get to the hostel i didn't get a reply! no food is served! else its fine, clean and the staff is friendly!

A little out of the way, but of you want to escape the normal backpacker scene its a pretty cool ls a pretty cool spot. Far from the city and most of the "touristy" places so I spend much time getting to know the minotaxi system. My only real complaint was they did NOT have internet the entire time and I planned on getting work done there but couldnt. Staff was friendly, courteous and very safe.

They did not have internet, despite what the Hostel World website said. I was told it won't be fixed for a week. So I had to move to another hostel. I didn't get back the deposit I paid to Hostelworld.

i m not stay hotel

I had an amazing time at Accoustix! The staff were amazingly friendly and helpful, the hostel was clean and comfortable and a convenient distance to everything I needed. I would definitely recommend this backpackers to everyone! Thank you :-)

• 20th May 2011
  • South Africa

The pro's: limited off-street parking, huge pool, clean room. The house and its interior are in urgent need of a general makeover, everything is run-down. The staff is not rude but clueless and unambitious. There is no bike-hire, no 24-h-security, no bar, no useable pool table. The "JAM CAVE" is a repulsive ruin. The LP praises this place for its great social life - we found it very unpersonal. Airport drop-offs were R200 for 1 person and R150 p.P. for 2 people. In summary: poor value for money.

Very disappointing - no music or breakfast. It is also 10 minutes walk from any shops.

The worst hostel i have ever stayed in!!! If you like to live with rude staff, (especially the owner) in a location where the nearest pub is 2kmhs away, and the nearest food place is the gas station across the road. There were cockroaches everywhere, the fridges were not cold, so if you were goin to cook there, you would get sick. Staff hog the TV, and there is no free breakfast, hell there is no breakfast at all! there is no Braai, or music night. It is horrible and boring!

Very gooood!!!! Very nice!! The only negative is that there are not has wifi.

Had a fantastic stay at Accoustix lodge, my room was clean with fresh sheets, there was an enormous swimming pool. They where really great hosts and made me feel like we had a home in Jo-burg. It was a sociable and happy place. I had a good time with the other guests. I can't wait to back to Jo-burg and spend some more time at Accoustix Lodge. I recommend them to everyone I meet who are headed towards Joburg. All in all a great stay. I would like to say Thanks to their drivers and all the other staff

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4