Ace Inn Shinjuku Reviews

5-2 Katamachi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Building and facilities are a bit tired, but the staff are very friendly and helpful and the location is great.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Common room upstairs is a good place to meet people. Staff is friendly. All other accommodations are suitable for the money. Not the best place ever, but don't worry about staying here if you're in a pinch.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Large common area room, nice to meet people. The "Capsules" are quite large, easy to get in-out, sit in. The have to get that carpet steam-cleaned, but in general good repair state. Helpful staff at front desk.

It would be useful to have a secure place to store luggage, like a locked storage room. The storage area was just a section of the main lobby behind computer bar, where all the bags and stored objects were clearly visible to anyone walking through or using computers. Anyone could potentially help themselves to any stored items without being seen by staff (who sit at the front desk beyond a partition screen). It was also disappointing that the "private" rooms aren't lockable. Not secure enough.

• 27th Sep 2014

They could improve public area, such as clean the window glass and floor. Young Front lady was very nice.

Not the best place we stayed in Tokyo. We were on 10th floor, showers in basement and you have to pay for them. Weird atmosphere, not very social.

I had a fantastic time :) the capsule bed was very comfortable and the location was convenient, especially at that price. The staff were very friendly and spoke good English. I know a lot of people have mentioned the showers so I'd like to say that compared with ways that some other hostels encourage shorter showers (eg, very low water pressure, lack of privacy/cleanliness or just no hot water at all) paying 100 Yen for 10 minutes shower with as much hot water as I wanted was great!

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Sable
  • New Zealand

The management should upgrade this entire place!The lights everywhere are dim,the elevator is slow,there are no extension plugs provided to charge our electronics in the dorm.The area sometimes smells,the reception area near the small little pantry has loadsa junk and in a mess.The plus point is they have very nice and helpful hosts,the location is 3 mins walk from Shinjuku subway & toilets are acceptably clean.Please have a thought of upgrading this entire place's cleanliness and exterior.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

The near metro station and price are positive points. However, the room (20 beds) smelt bad. This hostel is no well fitted out. During my 6-day stay, there was no event. Just a place to sleep.

Good in a pinch. I slept in a capsule, it was ok, but I knew there were bottom capsules free and they put me on top, I was a little bothered about that. There are no outlets to plug in anything in your capsule. And are sparse around the room. But Internet is great everywhere. Dryers don't really dry anything. Maybe somewhere to hang towels up on a line outside the room would be good. Or even inside. Location is good, the people are friendly, but I still have to find a different location.

Thank you for your comment. Sorry for the bed, but if you liked the bottom bed, we are happy to change you if we have beds available. We should have asked you about that when you checked in. We don't have power point in the capsule bed, however you can use any outlets in the room or common room instead. Our apologies to take your time to dry clothes. Our dryer is strong enough to dry a few shirts as we put the notice.

Perfectly decent place to stay in Tokyo -- the common room is a bit of a dump, but the rest of the place was clean, I liked the location (easy to find and very close to a subway station), and the staff were super friendly and helpful. At the end of the day, that's what counts.

This hostel was a great value for Tokyo and very easy to find. Not much going on around the hostel but that is what the metro is for, which is a very short walk away. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The only negative I can think of was that it does get a little hot in the capsule and there is no power outlet inside the capsule. I would definitely stay here again if I come back to Tokyo.

Relatively clean. The carpets are old and a bit grungy. The beds themselves were comfortable and the capsule style made for privacy. After I checked in no one ever bothered to make sure I was a guest when I sauntered in at 3am. Perhaps I'm particularly memorable? Or perhaps it's just because I'm a girl? The hostel is about a 30 minute walk from Shinjuku if you happen to miss the last Toei metro of the night to the neighborhood. The gayborhood is a 15 min walk away. :-) Showers are 100 yen.

• 19th Aug 2014

It was a great place to stay. Next to the Subway Station, and what a wonderful staff. I did not know the names of some of the workers, but Sam and Jason were just great. The lady who did the rooms was also very nice, as was the owner whose name I did not know.

Overall enjoyed my stay. Everyone seems really nice and it was pretty clean. The common room was a bit messy but that could possibly be because of the people staying there and not the staff

There is so cozy and everone is friendly.

Very good stay.

• 7th Aug 2014

Showering costs extra...bathrooms were revolting...dirty part of town

Even though the lockers are tall, they would benefit if they were more like a cubicle.

Very kind and professional and helpful staff. Interesting and quiet and respectful guests too. My complaint would be that there is too much clutter in the common areas of the hostel, it's clear that people have been leaving stuff and no one comes to clean it up. The bathrooms and showers are clean enough, but overall the walls could do with another paint job. Overall, needs some renovation but is an excellent option for a cheap, convenient hostel.

• 5th Aug 2014