Ace Inn Shinjuku Reviews

5-2 Katamachi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Good in a pinch. I slept in a capsule, it was ok, but I knew there were bottom capsules free and they put me on top, I was a little bothered about that. There are no outlets to plug in anything in your capsule. And are sparse around the room. But Internet is great everywhere. Dryers don't really dry anything. Maybe somewhere to hang towels up on a line outside the room would be good. Or even inside. Location is good, the people are friendly, but I still have to find a different location.

• 10th Sep 2014

Perfectly decent place to stay in Tokyo -- the common room is a bit of a dump, but the rest of the place was clean, I liked the location (easy to find and very close to a subway station), and the staff were super friendly and helpful. At the end of the day, that's what counts.

This hostel was a great value for Tokyo and very easy to find. Not much going on around the hostel but that is what the metro is for, which is a very short walk away. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The only negative I can think of was that it does get a little hot in the capsule and there is no power outlet inside the capsule. I would definitely stay here again if I come back to Tokyo.

Relatively clean. The carpets are old and a bit grungy. The beds themselves were comfortable and the capsule style made for privacy. After I checked in no one ever bothered to make sure I was a guest when I sauntered in at 3am. Perhaps I'm particularly memorable? Or perhaps it's just because I'm a girl? The hostel is about a 30 minute walk from Shinjuku if you happen to miss the last Toei metro of the night to the neighborhood. The gayborhood is a 15 min walk away. :-) Showers are 100 yen.

• 19th Aug 2014

It was a great place to stay. Next to the Subway Station, and what a wonderful staff. I did not know the names of some of the workers, but Sam and Jason were just great. The lady who did the rooms was also very nice, as was the owner whose name I did not know.

Overall enjoyed my stay. Everyone seems really nice and it was pretty clean. The common room was a bit messy but that could possibly be because of the people staying there and not the staff

There is so cozy and everone is friendly.

Very good stay.

• 7th Aug 2014

Showering costs extra...bathrooms were revolting...dirty part of town

Even though the lockers are tall, they would benefit if they were more like a cubicle.

Very kind and professional and helpful staff. Interesting and quiet and respectful guests too. My complaint would be that there is too much clutter in the common areas of the hostel, it's clear that people have been leaving stuff and no one comes to clean it up. The bathrooms and showers are clean enough, but overall the walls could do with another paint job. Overall, needs some renovation but is an excellent option for a cheap, convenient hostel.

• 5th Aug 2014

I had a very pleasant stay at Ace Inn Shinjuku. It is a perfect starting point to discover the city since the Metro station is right next door. The capsules are a nice japanese experience and have enough space to sleep. The only thing missing in the capsule is a possibility to charge the phone but power outlets are available in the common space. Staff is very helpful. And yes you have to pay 100 Yen for the shower which I didn't consider as a problem-Shower was always available therefore.

• 4th Aug 2014

This hostel made in general a quite dirty impression, and charging 100 Yen per shower seems a bit greedy.

Convenient ,clean, and great staff. However, for the price paid, I did not expect to have to pay extra to take a shower.Even if it was only 100yen.

I had a good time at the hostel. Basically all guests are foreigners, so it's not a good place to meet Japanese people, but staff speaks execellent English on the other hand. The fact that you have to pay for a shower is quite unique and irritating though

The hostel is next to no sights or attractions, and the subway system is very complicated to figure out. The staff gave us wrong or poor directions on several occasions, and once scheduled a reservation at a restaurant in Japanese for us, only to have us show up and find out that we did not have a reservation.

really nice staff, comfortable capsule beds. However, having to pay to take a shower (even if only 100Y per 10 minutes) does bother me as when you book a room you don't expect to have to bring small change to access the shower.

This is a pretty basic hostel in a decent location. Should be about $10 cheaper.

• 10th Jul 2014

Best hostel I've ever stayed at

• 7th Jul 2014

Very nice staff. And the location is great as it's really close to the subway.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4