Ace Inn Shinjuku Reviews

5-2 Katamachi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Relatively clean. The carpets are old and a bit grungy. The beds themselves were comfortable and the capsule style made for privacy. After I checked in no one ever bothered to make sure I was a guest when I sauntered in at 3am. Perhaps I'm particularly memorable? Or perhaps it's just because I'm a girl? The hostel is about a 30 minute walk from Shinjuku if you happen to miss the last Toei metro of the night to the neighborhood. The gayborhood is a 15 min walk away. :-) Showers are 100 yen.

• 19th Aug 2014

It was a great place to stay. Next to the Subway Station, and what a wonderful staff. I did not know the names of some of the workers, but Sam and Jason were just great. The lady who did the rooms was also very nice, as was the owner whose name I did not know.

Overall enjoyed my stay. Everyone seems really nice and it was pretty clean. The common room was a bit messy but that could possibly be because of the people staying there and not the staff

There is so cozy and everone is friendly.

Very good stay.

• 7th Aug 2014

Showering costs extra...bathrooms were revolting...dirty part of town

Even though the lockers are tall, they would benefit if they were more like a cubicle.

Very kind and professional and helpful staff. Interesting and quiet and respectful guests too. My complaint would be that there is too much clutter in the common areas of the hostel, it's clear that people have been leaving stuff and no one comes to clean it up. The bathrooms and showers are clean enough, but overall the walls could do with another paint job. Overall, needs some renovation but is an excellent option for a cheap, convenient hostel.

• 5th Aug 2014

I had a very pleasant stay at Ace Inn Shinjuku. It is a perfect starting point to discover the city since the Metro station is right next door. The capsules are a nice japanese experience and have enough space to sleep. The only thing missing in the capsule is a possibility to charge the phone but power outlets are available in the common space. Staff is very helpful. And yes you have to pay 100 Yen for the shower which I didn't consider as a problem-Shower was always available therefore.

• 4th Aug 2014

This hostel made in general a quite dirty impression, and charging 100 Yen per shower seems a bit greedy.

Convenient ,clean, and great staff. However, for the price paid, I did not expect to have to pay extra to take a shower.Even if it was only 100yen.

I had a good time at the hostel. Basically all guests are foreigners, so it's not a good place to meet Japanese people, but staff speaks execellent English on the other hand. The fact that you have to pay for a shower is quite unique and irritating though

The hostel is next to no sights or attractions, and the subway system is very complicated to figure out. The staff gave us wrong or poor directions on several occasions, and once scheduled a reservation at a restaurant in Japanese for us, only to have us show up and find out that we did not have a reservation.

really nice staff, comfortable capsule beds. However, having to pay to take a shower (even if only 100Y per 10 minutes) does bother me as when you book a room you don't expect to have to bring small change to access the shower.

This is a pretty basic hostel in a decent location. Should be about $10 cheaper.

• 10th Jul 2014

Best hostel I've ever stayed at

• 7th Jul 2014

Very nice staff. And the location is great as it's really close to the subway.

Hostel was handy to Shinjuku station. While the dormitory was clean the rest of the building was run down and felt quite dirty, particularly the common area. Staff were polite.

Ace Inn was a really great place to stay, I only say poor security because at the time one woman had some how got her hands on a spare locker key and was staying at the ace inn for free, but nothing was stolen. The staff are lovely and so so helpful. And the capsules are actually a lot bigger then I expected, and more private then a usual dorm room which was nice.

The staff were very friendly! No complaints with this hostel. It is cheap and you receive great service.

• 3rd Jul 2014