Ace Inn Shinjuku Reviews

5-2 Katamachi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Convenient ,clean, and great staff. However, for the price paid, I did not expect to have to pay extra to take a shower.Even if it was only 100yen.

The hostel is next to no sights or attractions, and the subway system is very complicated to figure out. The staff gave us wrong or poor directions on several occasions, and once scheduled a reservation at a restaurant in Japanese for us, only to have us show up and find out that we did not have a reservation.

really nice staff, comfortable capsule beds. However, having to pay to take a shower (even if only 100Y per 10 minutes) does bother me as when you book a room you don't expect to have to bring small change to access the shower.

This is a pretty basic hostel in a decent location. Should be about $10 cheaper.

• 10th Jul 2014

Best hostel I've ever stayed at

• 7th Jul 2014

Hostel was handy to Shinjuku station. While the dormitory was clean the rest of the building was run down and felt quite dirty, particularly the common area. Staff were polite.

Ace Inn was a really great place to stay, I only say poor security because at the time one woman had some how got her hands on a spare locker key and was staying at the ace inn for free, but nothing was stolen. The staff are lovely and so so helpful. And the capsules are actually a lot bigger then I expected, and more private then a usual dorm room which was nice.

• 3rd Jul 2014

The staff were very friendly! No complaints with this hostel. It is cheap and you receive great service.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Pretty underwhelming. While I had no specific issues with it, the girls we were travelling with reported there was a used tampon in the female shower (1 of 2 female showers for the whole hostel, it seemed) for a number of days. Only one set of shower facilities for the whole building, and they're in the basement. Showers also cost 100 yen. Dorms very noisy and bright at night, and could be quite warm. The location was great, although I'd find somewhere else if I went again.

I booked last minute and was a bit further from shinjuku station than I thought but the place was very tidy, clean, the staff were very lovely (were kind to point out their fave eating spots nearby), there were free computer facilities and tea/coffee, lockers and the bed was comfortable and roomier than I expected for a capsule bed!

• 25th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Great atmosphere and a great party crowd. The staff were great too. The problem was having to part with a hard earned 100 yen just to have a shower! The place was a little dingey too.

A nice little capsule hotel providing a comfortable bed, and located in a pretty convenient part of Tokyo

Mostly, everything was gold. The lack of a proper common room and the showers (which you have to pay for) was bad though.

When i came home all the bathroom was fully puked.... Everybody can in and go out.. What it makes not very safe.. I would not go again

• 29th May 2014

If this hostel was nearer to Shinjuku/Shibuya, it would be right up there with the best that I have stayed in. Even though it's not, it is still really cool.

I got some bad pink eye at this hostel.

Excellent location. Subway is 1 min walk. Close convenience stores. I think it used to be Hotel, though transformed into a Hostel. The staff are very nice and helpful. I only stayed for one night, though I enjoyed my experience. I forgot my laundry bag there, and they searched the whole place for me and found it. They even sent it back to Australia for me. 😀 thanks guys. You rock.

Lounge area was very dirty. Stuff on floor, broken table, would recommend except for the lounge.

Arrived at 11PM, was very happy to have a staff to check me in. Hostel was clean. I'm still deciding how I feel about the coffin like bunk beds. I suppose I appreciate the privacy considering there are so many people sleeping in the same room, but sleeping in such an enclosed space is just.... odd. Anyway, you have to pay for shower too. Its 100 yen for 10 minutes, I suppose it's not that big of a deal.

Lots of hidden charges, most of basic thing need to be paid such as shower and hairdryer. Shower located at the ground floor and it is not convenience and need to queue in order to use the shower. Smelly and stinky at all area. Staff are not friendly and not much power point to charge hand phones.

Thank you for stay with us and your comment. We are very sorry about the line of taking shower. Since we have limited numbers of showers, the guests would need to be in line especially in the morning when most of them take it at the same time. We are planning to add more showers sooner though. And the shower is coin operated, however of course the hair dryer is FREE! We also have towels, shampoo, body soap, and iron also as free service.

« first « Prev 1 2 3