Ace Inn Shinjuku Reviews

5-2 Katamachi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Great place to stay if you're looking to meet up wih fellow travellers and explore Tokyo. Is a 2 minute walk from a subway station, and also has some pretty good facilities considering the price per night.

Thank you for your comment! We are glad to know you enjoyed with other guests at our hostel. Hope to see you someday again! Arigato!!

Will stay again here! Very good location!

Thank you for your comment!! We are also happy to welcome you anytime!! Arigato gozaimasu!!

Really enjoyed the stay! I have travel everywhere in the world, staying at luxury hotels where the people never spoke a single word to each other. With hostels, you can travel alone without being alone. The staff at this hostel were very kind and helpful. I would definately stay here again. Thank you Jason and Reina!

A great value place to stay and would defo stay again.

Second time staying here. Good stop over in Tokyo. Good access to subway and only 5mins train to Shinjuku. would recommend.

Arigato Gozaimasu!! Thank you very much for your comment! We are happy to know you had enjoyed staying with us. Hope to see you again!!

I found this a good place for its location but atmosphere was not the best and it stung like feet.

Comfy beds in a semi-pod set up which is good. Decent facilities. Common room is good with vending machines. Helpful staff Good location! Right by the metro. Would recommend.

Positive points : THE PRICE !! Location is perfect nice staff , quiet dorms , possibility to smoke on balcony before 11 P.M,lockers, Negative points : not clean enough (especially the toilets on 10th floor) and floor and walls are quite damaged,matress is quite hard (it doesn't disturb me tough) and pay 100 yen for shower. Altough there were some negative points , my stay was very cool , thanks to the location i could visit a lot in only two days and a half.I will definetly come back soon

• 26th Feb 2014

Thank you for staying with us and your comment!! We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our location, price, staff, and beds. And also we have to clean all our hostel more carefully. Even though our building is not brand new, we will definitely make effort to keep all facilities clean everyday. The reason why we set 100yen coin operated shower is only for time limit. We also offer you towel, body soap, and shampoo for free, instead. Hope all of you understand it.

If you are a group of young male Australians whose only desire is to get drunk then this is the place for you. The communal room on the 9th floor is the most depressing space I have experienced in Japan. The capsule beds are hard and have no power points in them.

Thank you for staying with us and your comment!! We are very sorry that you didn't have a good time in the common room. Luxury capsule beds have a power point beside the bed for each guest. Even if you stayed in the Economy capsule beds, you can use some power points in the room. Or, we are happy to let you use power point in the reception desk.

Thank you to all the staffs of Ace Inn. Keep it going.

Good location however was unaware of the 2am curfew this hostel has. Not ideal if you're looking to enjoy the Shinjuku nightlife. Each shower will cost you an extra 100Yen.

Thank you for staying with us and your comment!! We are sorry that you were annoyed with the curfew. However, we have just stopped the curfew because we really want all guests to enjoy the night life in Tokyo! Our location is walk distance from Shinjuku, so you don't have to be worried about the last metro!! The reason why we set 100yen coin operated shower is only for time limit. We also offer you towel, body soap, and shampoo for free, instead. Hope all of you understand it.

We stayed at a very unfortunate time - it was snowing and the hostel had a power cut. They offered us a full refund or half price stay. Since it was already midnight and snowing we stayed. Considering the circumstances, the staff handled all of our problems/questions pretty well.

Things I loved: - staff (the little guy at the front desk was so sweet and helpful) - the capsule-type beds - the free internet and computers in the lobby - receiving a bath towel and hand towel upon entry cons: - I'm afraid of waiting for the elevator if there is an emergency and I need to exit the building quickly

A nice little capsule hostel. I only strayed one night, but it's walkable from Shinjuku (20 mins) has access to local restaurants and capsules are big enough.

The beds were a little hard, but that's to be expected in some places. I felt really safe here, and it was just a short stop away from Shinjuku. The rooms were clean and surprisingly spacious considering the number of beds in the room I was in. My only complaint was there were very few outlets in such a large room and you had to pay for a shower (100 yen for 5 minutes.) Other than that, I had no complaints! Great stay.

Beautiful hotel. Free Tea and Coffee! Amazing. Great view from the top floor. A bit quiet during January. A few things were out of order, but fast speed internet and enlish staff, cant complain.

Travelled around Japan for 5 months and Ace Inn without a doubt was the best hostel I stayed in. Perfect location and lovely staff! Was very happy with my stay.

• 4th Jan 2014
  • Northern Ireland

not so much going on, but i must admit i did not spend much time at the inn, because i was busy exploring all day. Fine little cabin with enough room to move around in there, but be ready for a thin/quite hard mattress. The area around the hostel is not so exciting, but it is a nice walk to Shinjuku, and right next to the metro! That was a very nice surprise when coming out of the station with my way too big bag with no wheels!

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • Denmark

Cool people and nice staff

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • Finland

Hostel was clean enough and staff were friendly, just felt that the 3000 yen i paid was a little steep compared to other hostels around Japan, considering that the others were all a lot cheaper, tidier and better equipped.