Ace Inn Shinjuku Reviews

5-2 Katamachi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan

It was a great place to stay. Next to the Subway Station, and what a wonderful staff. I did not know the names of some of the workers, but Sam and Jason were just great. The lady who did the rooms was also very nice, as was the owner whose name I did not know.

Very good stay.

• 7th Aug 2014

Showering costs extra...bathrooms were revolting...dirty part of town

Even though the lockers are tall, they would benefit if they were more like a cubicle.

Very kind and professional and helpful staff. Interesting and quiet and respectful guests too. My complaint would be that there is too much clutter in the common areas of the hostel, it's clear that people have been leaving stuff and no one comes to clean it up. The bathrooms and showers are clean enough, but overall the walls could do with another paint job. Overall, needs some renovation but is an excellent option for a cheap, convenient hostel.

• 5th Aug 2014

This hostel made in general a quite dirty impression, and charging 100 Yen per shower seems a bit greedy.

Convenient ,clean, and great staff. However, for the price paid, I did not expect to have to pay extra to take a shower.Even if it was only 100yen.

I had a good time at the hostel. Basically all guests are foreigners, so it's not a good place to meet Japanese people, but staff speaks execellent English on the other hand. The fact that you have to pay for a shower is quite unique and irritating though

The hostel is next to no sights or attractions, and the subway system is very complicated to figure out. The staff gave us wrong or poor directions on several occasions, and once scheduled a reservation at a restaurant in Japanese for us, only to have us show up and find out that we did not have a reservation.

really nice staff, comfortable capsule beds. However, having to pay to take a shower (even if only 100Y per 10 minutes) does bother me as when you book a room you don't expect to have to bring small change to access the shower.

This is a pretty basic hostel in a decent location. Should be about $10 cheaper.

• 10th Jul 2014

Best hostel I've ever stayed at

• 7th Jul 2014

Very nice staff. And the location is great as it's really close to the subway.

Hostel was handy to Shinjuku station. While the dormitory was clean the rest of the building was run down and felt quite dirty, particularly the common area. Staff were polite.

Ace Inn was a really great place to stay, I only say poor security because at the time one woman had some how got her hands on a spare locker key and was staying at the ace inn for free, but nothing was stolen. The staff are lovely and so so helpful. And the capsules are actually a lot bigger then I expected, and more private then a usual dorm room which was nice.

The staff were very friendly! No complaints with this hostel. It is cheap and you receive great service.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Pretty underwhelming. While I had no specific issues with it, the girls we were travelling with reported there was a used tampon in the female shower (1 of 2 female showers for the whole hostel, it seemed) for a number of days. Only one set of shower facilities for the whole building, and they're in the basement. Showers also cost 100 yen. Dorms very noisy and bright at night, and could be quite warm. The location was great, although I'd find somewhere else if I went again.

I booked last minute and was a bit further from shinjuku station than I thought but the place was very tidy, clean, the staff were very lovely (were kind to point out their fave eating spots nearby), there were free computer facilities and tea/coffee, lockers and the bed was comfortable and roomier than I expected for a capsule bed!

• 25th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Great atmosphere and a great party crowd. The staff were great too. The problem was having to part with a hard earned 100 yen just to have a shower! The place was a little dingey too.

A nice little capsule hotel providing a comfortable bed, and located in a pretty convenient part of Tokyo

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4