Ace Inn Shinjuku Reviews

5-2 Katamachi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan

I was really enjoying my stay this place. Good staff and big common room. Easy to make new friends. If you are backpacker you can enjoying your stay there. バックパッカーには快適な宿だと思います。 staffの皆さんも親切で常に居てくれるので安心です。上の階の共有スペースもとても大きく皆でワイワイ出来る雰囲気と自分次第では簡単に友達が出来ます。ベットはカプセルホテルみたいな形で小さなプライベートが持てます。コンセントは少ないですが特に問題なかったです。シャワーが10分無料のコイン制ですが自分は問題無かったです。新宿から一駅とアクセスも良く電車が無くなっても歩いて来られる距離でした。楽しかったですありがとうございました。また利用します。

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Japan

The staff is great and the location is awesome for tokyo. Right next to a station and only one stop from shinjuku sanchome is hard to come by at this price. The other guests are sometimes loud, or make messes but I don't fault the hostel itself for that.

• 31st Oct 2014

The Hostel is perfectly adequate if you're going on vacation in Saigon or perhaps Transnistria, but the photos on the page are deceptively clean, and of course you can't smell a picture like you can an elevator, a room, or a lounge. Because you will smell them, a lot, as the odour of feet permeates the entire property. While of course removing one's shoes before entering the interior of a building is a common custom in Japan, I don't believe that nauseating smells are. Try again, Ace Inn.

I wasn't thrilled about the capsule idea, but the space was big enough. I liked the privacy and quietness of the facility. The restrooms on the first and 9th floors were fine, but the one on the floor where we stayed smelled so bad it made the whole room smell bad.

Building and facilities are a bit tired, but the staff are very friendly and helpful and the location is great.

Common room upstairs is a good place to meet people. Staff is friendly. All other accommodations are suitable for the money. Not the best place ever, but don't worry about staying here if you're in a pinch.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Large common area room, nice to meet people. The "Capsules" are quite large, easy to get in-out, sit in. The have to get that carpet steam-cleaned, but in general good repair state. Helpful staff at front desk.

It would be useful to have a secure place to store luggage, like a locked storage room. The storage area was just a section of the main lobby behind computer bar, where all the bags and stored objects were clearly visible to anyone walking through or using computers. Anyone could potentially help themselves to any stored items without being seen by staff (who sit at the front desk beyond a partition screen). It was also disappointing that the "private" rooms aren't lockable. Not secure enough.

• 27th Sep 2014

They could improve public area, such as clean the window glass and floor. Young Front lady was very nice.

Not the best place we stayed in Tokyo. We were on 10th floor, showers in basement and you have to pay for them. Weird atmosphere, not very social.

I had a fantastic time :) the capsule bed was very comfortable and the location was convenient, especially at that price. The staff were very friendly and spoke good English. I know a lot of people have mentioned the showers so I'd like to say that compared with ways that some other hostels encourage shorter showers (eg, very low water pressure, lack of privacy/cleanliness or just no hot water at all) paying 100 Yen for 10 minutes shower with as much hot water as I wanted was great!

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Sable
  • New Zealand

The management should upgrade this entire place!The lights everywhere are dim,the elevator is slow,there are no extension plugs provided to charge our electronics in the dorm.The area sometimes smells,the reception area near the small little pantry has loadsa junk and in a mess.The plus point is they have very nice and helpful hosts,the location is 3 mins walk from Shinjuku subway & toilets are acceptably clean.Please have a thought of upgrading this entire place's cleanliness and exterior.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

The near metro station and price are positive points. However, the room (20 beds) smelt bad. This hostel is no well fitted out. During my 6-day stay, there was no event. Just a place to sleep.

Good in a pinch. I slept in a capsule, it was ok, but I knew there were bottom capsules free and they put me on top, I was a little bothered about that. There are no outlets to plug in anything in your capsule. And are sparse around the room. But Internet is great everywhere. Dryers don't really dry anything. Maybe somewhere to hang towels up on a line outside the room would be good. Or even inside. Location is good, the people are friendly, but I still have to find a different location.

Thank you for your comment. Sorry for the bed, but if you liked the bottom bed, we are happy to change you if we have beds available. We should have asked you about that when you checked in. We don't have power point in the capsule bed, however you can use any outlets in the room or common room instead. Our apologies to take your time to dry clothes. Our dryer is strong enough to dry a few shirts as we put the notice.

I liked this hostel although it's probably not for everyone. It's quite a large establishment with around 10 floors (or more?). Also you have to pay for the showers. But there are free computers in the front, free tea and coffee, the staff is friendly and helpful, the lobby is loaded with information, and it's very cheap! The location is close to a few metro stations, but at the same time it's kind of in the middle of an empty street. The atmosphere is a little lacking but I would recommend!

Perfectly decent place to stay in Tokyo -- the common room is a bit of a dump, but the rest of the place was clean, I liked the location (easy to find and very close to a subway station), and the staff were super friendly and helpful. At the end of the day, that's what counts.

This hostel was a great value for Tokyo and very easy to find. Not much going on around the hostel but that is what the metro is for, which is a very short walk away. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The only negative I can think of was that it does get a little hot in the capsule and there is no power outlet inside the capsule. I would definitely stay here again if I come back to Tokyo.

Relatively clean. The carpets are old and a bit grungy. The beds themselves were comfortable and the capsule style made for privacy. After I checked in no one ever bothered to make sure I was a guest when I sauntered in at 3am. Perhaps I'm particularly memorable? Or perhaps it's just because I'm a girl? The hostel is about a 30 minute walk from Shinjuku if you happen to miss the last Toei metro of the night to the neighborhood. The gayborhood is a 15 min walk away. :-) Showers are 100 yen.

• 19th Aug 2014

It was a great place to stay. Next to the Subway Station, and what a wonderful staff. I did not know the names of some of the workers, but Sam and Jason were just great. The lady who did the rooms was also very nice, as was the owner whose name I did not know.

Overall enjoyed my stay. Everyone seems really nice and it was pretty clean. The common room was a bit messy but that could possibly be because of the people staying there and not the staff

« first « Prev 1 2 3