Ace Inn Shinjuku Reviews

5-2 Katamachi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Using token for showering and last 10 mins each time is not comfortable.

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Thailand

Overall service was good place is near to shinjuku neighbourhood very calm and convenient store is just around thr corner We love to stay there again

It's very near one of the best and busiest parts of Tokyo which is Shinjuku and the common room is fantastic for meeting people!

Great stay! Thought it was a capsule hostel but wasn't. Staff were super lovely and helpful and the location is great.

It felt dirty as soon as we walked in. The bathrooms were disgusting with stains all over the walls and dirty floors. The rooms are dark and the beds hard as a rock. I've stayed in many places cheaper than this that were 100% cleaner and more comfortable.

• 23rd Oct 2015

it is very dirty in the room and in the toilet on each floor. Poor facilities, lacks of bidet as compared to other hostels in japan.

The location of the hostel is perfect, it's easy to find, and the metro stations are near. Beds are OK, but the facilities could be better: a cockroach was met in the shower and all the sofas are broken in the lounge room. Staff is very friendly, very helpful, amazing people in general! Everything is solved quickly and without any problems, it's a pleasure to do anything with them!

After staying at a bunch of cheap hostels across Japan, I was a bit surprised by how cheap this place felt. With such an awesome location, it felt a bit weird that everything felt a bit cheap and old in terms of bathroom fixtures and the like. Still, the trip while I stayed there went fine, and I had an awesome time, so I'm very grateful you made that possible. It's just that with the great location, I would happily have payed a bit more for a nicer place.

There are bed bugs in this hostel. I had to change my capsule multiple times till i could find a capsule without bed bugs.

Good..free towel...wide room

Awesome staff, and great location.

Good location but far away from the main area. Massive common room that always seems to be empty. Only annoying thing is their stupid shower system! Each time you have to visit reception to get a 5 minute token (only 1 per day) then use the shower. Make sure you're quick otherwise it cuts out when you have shampoo on you to wash off!! There's enough showers so why not take the limit off it!

Receptionist put an authorisation hold on the full amount of my stay twice, and charged me once, thus freezing all funds I had available for me during my 4 days stay in Japan. The manager made excuses but still hasn't fixed the problem. I am now trying to get my money back through my visa company. Terrible accident by their staff that ruined Japan for me. Security is also poor - they never asked to see my key and no lock on dorm door. Toilets hardly cleaned during my stay. Expensive and dirty.

I stayed here on & off for 3 weeks. Ace Inn is good on every level, except cleanliness. The toilets on level 5 & 6 smelt like they'd never been cleaned. The guy sleeping across from me found a cockroach in his bed & asked to be moved. Another lady found a tick in her head & 4 in her bed & asked for a refund! In the last week of my stay I had 6 bed bugs bites. Howeverrr, wifi is good, staff are nice, good location & my stuff was never stolen when I left it out.

• 30th Sep 2015

Fantastic place, ended up staying for 15 days! The staff are brilliant and the facilities are top notch. 10 minute showers aren't an issue.

That's pity there were no event organized by the hostel during the weekdays

Awesome atmosphere! Staff were friendly and open when I was there. Would stay again!

A very enjoyable stay:

This was my favourite hostel in all of Japan. The staff were really friendly and helpful, the accommodation was great and the showers were much better than expected after reading some of the other reviews. I especially like the vending machines that gave me easy access to beer.

• 12th Sep 2015

Staff was good. Bathrooms are a little bit dirty and the location is a bit far from the main part of Shinjuku.