Ace Inn Shinjuku Reviews

5-2 Katamachi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan

I had a very pleasant stay at Ace Inn Shinjuku. It is a perfect starting point to discover the city since the Metro station is right next door. The capsules are a nice japanese experience and have enough space to sleep. The only thing missing in the capsule is a possibility to charge the phone but power outlets are available in the common space. Staff is very helpful. And yes you have to pay 100 Yen for the shower which I didn't consider as a problem-Shower was always available therefore.

• 4th Aug 2014

This hostel made in general a quite dirty impression, and charging 100 Yen per shower seems a bit greedy.

Convenient ,clean, and great staff. However, for the price paid, I did not expect to have to pay extra to take a shower.Even if it was only 100yen.

I had a good time at the hostel. Basically all guests are foreigners, so it's not a good place to meet Japanese people, but staff speaks execellent English on the other hand. The fact that you have to pay for a shower is quite unique and irritating though

The hostel is next to no sights or attractions, and the subway system is very complicated to figure out. The staff gave us wrong or poor directions on several occasions, and once scheduled a reservation at a restaurant in Japanese for us, only to have us show up and find out that we did not have a reservation.

really nice staff, comfortable capsule beds. However, having to pay to take a shower (even if only 100Y per 10 minutes) does bother me as when you book a room you don't expect to have to bring small change to access the shower.

This is a pretty basic hostel in a decent location. Should be about $10 cheaper.

• 10th Jul 2014

Best hostel I've ever stayed at

• 7th Jul 2014

Very nice staff. And the location is great as it's really close to the subway.

Hostel was handy to Shinjuku station. While the dormitory was clean the rest of the building was run down and felt quite dirty, particularly the common area. Staff were polite.

Ace Inn was a really great place to stay, I only say poor security because at the time one woman had some how got her hands on a spare locker key and was staying at the ace inn for free, but nothing was stolen. The staff are lovely and so so helpful. And the capsules are actually a lot bigger then I expected, and more private then a usual dorm room which was nice.

The staff were very friendly! No complaints with this hostel. It is cheap and you receive great service.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Pretty underwhelming. While I had no specific issues with it, the girls we were travelling with reported there was a used tampon in the female shower (1 of 2 female showers for the whole hostel, it seemed) for a number of days. Only one set of shower facilities for the whole building, and they're in the basement. Showers also cost 100 yen. Dorms very noisy and bright at night, and could be quite warm. The location was great, although I'd find somewhere else if I went again.

I booked last minute and was a bit further from shinjuku station than I thought but the place was very tidy, clean, the staff were very lovely (were kind to point out their fave eating spots nearby), there were free computer facilities and tea/coffee, lockers and the bed was comfortable and roomier than I expected for a capsule bed!

• 25th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Great atmosphere and a great party crowd. The staff were great too. The problem was having to part with a hard earned 100 yen just to have a shower! The place was a little dingey too.

A nice little capsule hotel providing a comfortable bed, and located in a pretty convenient part of Tokyo

Mostly, everything was gold. The lack of a proper common room and the showers (which you have to pay for) was bad though.

When i came home all the bathroom was fully puked.... Everybody can in and go out.. What it makes not very safe.. I would not go again

• 29th May 2014

If this hostel was nearer to Shinjuku/Shibuya, it would be right up there with the best that I have stayed in. Even though it's not, it is still really cool.

I got some bad pink eye at this hostel.