Ace Inn Shinjuku Reviews

5-2 Katamachi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Pretty underwhelming. While I had no specific issues with it, the girls we were travelling with reported there was a used tampon in the female shower (1 of 2 female showers for the whole hostel, it seemed) for a number of days. Only one set of shower facilities for the whole building, and they're in the basement. Showers also cost 100 yen. Dorms very noisy and bright at night, and could be quite warm. The location was great, although I'd find somewhere else if I went again.

I booked last minute and was a bit further from shinjuku station than I thought but the place was very tidy, clean, the staff were very lovely (were kind to point out their fave eating spots nearby), there were free computer facilities and tea/coffee, lockers and the bed was comfortable and roomier than I expected for a capsule bed!

• 25th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Great atmosphere and a great party crowd. The staff were great too. The problem was having to part with a hard earned 100 yen just to have a shower! The place was a little dingey too.

A nice little capsule hotel providing a comfortable bed, and located in a pretty convenient part of Tokyo

Mostly, everything was gold. The lack of a proper common room and the showers (which you have to pay for) was bad though.

When i came home all the bathroom was fully puked.... Everybody can in and go out.. What it makes not very safe.. I would not go again

• 29th May 2014

If this hostel was nearer to Shinjuku/Shibuya, it would be right up there with the best that I have stayed in. Even though it's not, it is still really cool.

I got some bad pink eye at this hostel.

Excellent location. Subway is 1 min walk. Close convenience stores. I think it used to be Hotel, though transformed into a Hostel. The staff are very nice and helpful. I only stayed for one night, though I enjoyed my experience. I forgot my laundry bag there, and they searched the whole place for me and found it. They even sent it back to Australia for me. 😀 thanks guys. You rock.

Lounge area was very dirty. Stuff on floor, broken table, would recommend except for the lounge.

Arrived at 11PM, was very happy to have a staff to check me in. Hostel was clean. I'm still deciding how I feel about the coffin like bunk beds. I suppose I appreciate the privacy considering there are so many people sleeping in the same room, but sleeping in such an enclosed space is just.... odd. Anyway, you have to pay for shower too. Its 100 yen for 10 minutes, I suppose it's not that big of a deal.

Lots of hidden charges, most of basic thing need to be paid such as shower and hairdryer. Shower located at the ground floor and it is not convenience and need to queue in order to use the shower. Smelly and stinky at all area. Staff are not friendly and not much power point to charge hand phones.

Thank you for stay with us and your comment. We are very sorry about the line of taking shower. Since we have limited numbers of showers, the guests would need to be in line especially in the morning when most of them take it at the same time. We are planning to add more showers sooner though. And the shower is coin operated, however of course the hair dryer is FREE! We also have towels, shampoo, body soap, and iron also as free service.

location is good and staff is nice, cleanliness is a major problem though, the elevetor is absolutely smelly, the room on the 10th floor (on top of the building) can be very hot in the mornings, the wooden beds are cheap, they make a lot of noise and it will be hard for you to have some rest because they are very hard (I know what a japanese futon is, these beds are not futons, they are simply hard), if you can afford it, go check somewhere else, you need a lot of energy to walk around the city

Thank you for your stay with us and your comment. We are sorry that the smell of the elevator. Since we ask the guests to take off their shoes and wear our slippers, we are trying to take care of the smell. Our beds on the 10th floor, which is called 2160 yen dormitory are just regular wooded beds. If you had any other chance to choose us again, you can try our capsule beds! Also we have air conditioner on each floor, so you can be free to use it anytime! Thank you!

Definitely it works well, it is not so far from Shinjuko center. But the shower are only two for all the hostel. They are so far from the room and YOU HAVE TO PAY 100yen FOR 10 MINUTES OF SHOWER!!! WTF???? The toilet don't works so good and the hostel atmospher is a little bit cold

its a good place to meet other foreigners and is cheap for tokyo, however there are hardly any kitchen facilities and the bathroomon the 10th floor constantly smelt. really needs to be kept cleaner. the staff were nice

Good enough location to reach via Tokyo Station and both airports and staffed by friendly people with near perfect English. It was very quiet when I stayed at the hostel, but I didn't mind as I was out most of the time. Could be difficult to meet other people if you're a solo traveller though. The capsule bed was comfy and the additional desk and chair and wall sockets were very welcome additions. Going to the coin-operated showers in the basement is a bit of a chore, but you get over it.

Great staff, great location. The place kinda smelled like feet but I guess that's to be expected when required to remove your shoes at the door. The common rooms were outdated but the cubby bed were very clean. The mattresses are hard but that's a norm for Asia. The bathroom on the 4th floor was clean and the showers were pretty much the same. The beer vending machine in the lobby was a nice bonus! I would recommend this property for a low maintenance traveler.

• 1st May 2014

It was very dirty, puke stains nest to every bed. toilet not working prpoerly.

While close to a subway station, I found a few things strange about this hostel. I've never before had to pay to use the shower in Japan- here it's 100yen per 10 minutes. Speaking of which, there was a very heavy smell in the showers and there's dust and mold in places. I'm willing to forgive a lot, but when I have to pay to use _the water_... There were also very few plugs in each of the capsule-style rooms, so lots of time was lost sitting near outlets waiting for objects to charge.

The staff was nice but the facilities were sub-par. The place needs a renovation, not a simple cleaning - especially for the price. My floor/building smelled awful. The bathroom sinks were either clogged or extremely dirty. The floor looked like it was cleaned one a month. Also, paying 100YEN for a 10min shower is not right - especially in those conditions. There was no pressure, the shower room was dirty, my hot water fizzled out half way through. The bed was also hard and the room stagnet

• 25th Apr 2014