Ace Inn Shinjuku Reviews

5-2 Katamachi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Lots of hidden charges, most of basic thing need to be paid such as shower and hairdryer. Shower located at the ground floor and it is not convenience and need to queue in order to use the shower. Smelly and stinky at all area. Staff are not friendly and not much power point to charge hand phones.

Thank you for stay with us and your comment. We are very sorry about the line of taking shower. Since we have limited numbers of showers, the guests would need to be in line especially in the morning when most of them take it at the same time. We are planning to add more showers sooner though. And the shower is coin operated, however of course the hair dryer is FREE! We also have towels, shampoo, body soap, and iron also as free service.

location is good and staff is nice, cleanliness is a major problem though, the elevetor is absolutely smelly, the room on the 10th floor (on top of the building) can be very hot in the mornings, the wooden beds are cheap, they make a lot of noise and it will be hard for you to have some rest because they are very hard (I know what a japanese futon is, these beds are not futons, they are simply hard), if you can afford it, go check somewhere else, you need a lot of energy to walk around the city

Thank you for your stay with us and your comment. We are sorry that the smell of the elevator. Since we ask the guests to take off their shoes and wear our slippers, we are trying to take care of the smell. Our beds on the 10th floor, which is called 2160 yen dormitory are just regular wooded beds. If you had any other chance to choose us again, you can try our capsule beds! Also we have air conditioner on each floor, so you can be free to use it anytime! Thank you!

Definitely it works well, it is not so far from Shinjuko center. But the shower are only two for all the hostel. They are so far from the room and YOU HAVE TO PAY 100yen FOR 10 MINUTES OF SHOWER!!! WTF???? The toilet don't works so good and the hostel atmospher is a little bit cold

its a good place to meet other foreigners and is cheap for tokyo, however there are hardly any kitchen facilities and the bathroomon the 10th floor constantly smelt. really needs to be kept cleaner. the staff were nice

Good enough location to reach via Tokyo Station and both airports and staffed by friendly people with near perfect English. It was very quiet when I stayed at the hostel, but I didn't mind as I was out most of the time. Could be difficult to meet other people if you're a solo traveller though. The capsule bed was comfy and the additional desk and chair and wall sockets were very welcome additions. Going to the coin-operated showers in the basement is a bit of a chore, but you get over it.

Great staff, great location. The place kinda smelled like feet but I guess that's to be expected when required to remove your shoes at the door. The common rooms were outdated but the cubby bed were very clean. The mattresses are hard but that's a norm for Asia. The bathroom on the 4th floor was clean and the showers were pretty much the same. The beer vending machine in the lobby was a nice bonus! I would recommend this property for a low maintenance traveler.

• 1st May 2014

It was very dirty, puke stains nest to every bed. toilet not working prpoerly.

While close to a subway station, I found a few things strange about this hostel. I've never before had to pay to use the shower in Japan- here it's 100yen per 10 minutes. Speaking of which, there was a very heavy smell in the showers and there's dust and mold in places. I'm willing to forgive a lot, but when I have to pay to use _the water_... There were also very few plugs in each of the capsule-style rooms, so lots of time was lost sitting near outlets waiting for objects to charge.

The staff was nice but the facilities were sub-par. The place needs a renovation, not a simple cleaning - especially for the price. My floor/building smelled awful. The bathroom sinks were either clogged or extremely dirty. The floor looked like it was cleaned one a month. Also, paying 100YEN for a 10min shower is not right - especially in those conditions. There was no pressure, the shower room was dirty, my hot water fizzled out half way through. The bed was also hard and the room stagnet

• 25th Apr 2014

Nice staff, close to Akebonobashi Station, very social atmosphere. Good age group of the other travelers for me, as most people seemed 25-35 rather than under-20 like you see at a lot of hostels. Big common room. Overall, not the cleanest, but more just old furnishings and linens than actually unclean stuff. Showers cost 100¥ and are in the basement so that's not great, and the single, slow elevator is also a downside. Why not just include the cost of showers in the price? Poor business strategy

The basic dorm on the 10th floor is a bit soul-less and a touch grubby, but it's a budget room so if you're only using it as a base it's fine. Power sockets were a bit sparse and awkward to use with UK travel adapters. Fab location - 2 subway stops from Shinjuku station, very easy to find and made getting anywhere in the city a breeze! Showers in the basement cost Y100 for 10 mins but that was more than enough time. They were good showers, hot & powerful! Free hairdryers at reception too!

The staff was fabulous. Very helpful and spoke good English. The bathroom is in the courtyard which can be cold in the middle of the night when you are in you PJs.

I have no other Tokyo hostels to compare with but compared with those in Kyoto the place was a bit less well looked after. The location was OK but there are more exciting areas e.g. closer to Shinjuku station. Staff were great. Since there are plenty of people there you are bound to meet some that you get on with. Showers were a bit of a farce having to remember to take your wallet for the coin operated water. And the one elevator serving all floors was not ideal. Overall OK.

good location was the only one reason should to stay there. very close to subway 2 stations for shinjuku. cons >> pay 100yen /1min shower >> no plugs for charge phone >> toilet had foul smell >> strangers could access in hotel very easily,low security

Bads were broken, elevator smell like ...

Location is great, 2 subway stops from central Shinjuku. Not really a great atmosphere, but maybe that was more the people staying there during my stay.

Very kind staff, but a pity the only showers were con-showers in the basement...

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Great place for any backpacker.

Ace Inn was a comfortable hostel, in a great location. Sam on reception is awesome and was always willing to help us! I would stay here again :)

• 11th Apr 2014

Everything is nice except the lack of facility (such as no private bathroom for shower but it's probably because of the culture? I'm not sure). Some staffs were not friendly at all, we booked through hosteworld for 9-11 April and 13-14 April, apparently the hotel kept telling us that no room available for 12 April, but on 12 April, it seemed like some of the rooms were still available, then I had to re-ask again if there is a possibility to book for 12 April, then they said yeah it is.

• 9th Apr 2014