Ace Inn Shinjuku Reviews

5-2 Katamachi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Bads were broken, elevator smell like ...

Location is great, 2 subway stops from central Shinjuku. Not really a great atmosphere, but maybe that was more the people staying there during my stay.

Very kind staff, but a pity the only showers were con-showers in the basement...

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Great place for any backpacker.

Ace Inn was a comfortable hostel, in a great location. Sam on reception is awesome and was always willing to help us! I would stay here again :)

• 11th Apr 2014

Everything is nice except the lack of facility (such as no private bathroom for shower but it's probably because of the culture? I'm not sure). Some staffs were not friendly at all, we booked through hosteworld for 9-11 April and 13-14 April, apparently the hotel kept telling us that no room available for 12 April, but on 12 April, it seemed like some of the rooms were still available, then I had to re-ask again if there is a possibility to book for 12 April, then they said yeah it is.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

A capsule hostel near Akebonobashi metro. The capsules themselves were quite clean and had an electrical outlet just outside. The shared bathroom had an unpleasant odour which lingered all the time. The showers required 100 Yen per 10 minutes which was very frustrating. It is the only hostel that I have visited that demands this, as all the others offered soap and shampoo too. The common room was quite dirty and dilapidated. No curfew but good for a 2 night stay, max. The staff is very friendly.

Great place to stay if you're looking to meet up wih fellow travellers and explore Tokyo. Is a 2 minute walk from a subway station, and also has some pretty good facilities considering the price per night.

Thank you for your comment! We are glad to know you enjoyed with other guests at our hostel. Hope to see you someday again! Arigato!!

They closed the heater early in the morning so it got cold

Will stay again here! Very good location!

Thank you for your comment!! We are also happy to welcome you anytime!! Arigato gozaimasu!!

I've been here a few times. Chose to come back. Had loads of fun, but it always depends on who you meet. If you're not too fussed about having amazing facilities (and if you're staying at a cheap hostel you probably shouldn't) then this place is just fine. Close to Shinjuku and good access to everywhere else by metro. Also, some guy and I fixed the broken guitar string. You're welcome.

Ace Inn more like a hostel than a capsule hotel. Imagine bunk beds boxed in on 5 sides with the sixth side having a curtain and you will get the idea. Tall metal clothes lockers are provided for storing property but are located in the dorms which makes them difficult to access when the lights are off and noisy to use potentially disturbing other guests. WiFi was provided on each floor but power outlets were a long way from the beds.

If I was to stay in Tokyo for 2-3 days, this place would be awesome! Friendly staff who can speak English well. No curfew. Nearby subway station. Facilities are a little average but you get what you pay for. This place can get a little rowdy sometimes (especially on rainy days when the teeny bop kids stay inside), but this can be the case with all hostels, luck of the draw. Met a great bunch of people here too, which was probably the best thing about this place. The people you meet!

Really enjoyed the stay! I have travel everywhere in the world, staying at luxury hotels where the people never spoke a single word to each other. With hostels, you can travel alone without being alone. The staff at this hostel were very kind and helpful. I would definately stay here again. Thank you Jason and Reina!

A great value place to stay and would defo stay again.

Second time staying here. Good stop over in Tokyo. Good access to subway and only 5mins train to Shinjuku. would recommend.

Arigato Gozaimasu!! Thank you very much for your comment! We are happy to know you had enjoyed staying with us. Hope to see you again!!

I found this a good place for its location but atmosphere was not the best and it stung like feet.

Comfy beds in a semi-pod set up which is good. Decent facilities. Common room is good with vending machines. Helpful staff Good location! Right by the metro. Would recommend.

Positive points : THE PRICE !! Location is perfect nice staff , quiet dorms , possibility to smoke on balcony before 11 P.M,lockers, Negative points : not clean enough (especially the toilets on 10th floor) and floor and walls are quite damaged,matress is quite hard (it doesn't disturb me tough) and pay 100 yen for shower. Altough there were some negative points , my stay was very cool , thanks to the location i could visit a lot in only two days and a half.I will definetly come back soon

• 26th Feb 2014

Thank you for staying with us and your comment!! We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our location, price, staff, and beds. And also we have to clean all our hostel more carefully. Even though our building is not brand new, we will definitely make effort to keep all facilities clean everyday. The reason why we set 100yen coin operated shower is only for time limit. We also offer you towel, body soap, and shampoo for free, instead. Hope all of you understand it.

So far so good.