Adagio Hostel 1.0 Oktogon Reviews

Andrássy street 53, Budapest, Hungary

The hostel is well located, you have kitchen and computers for free however there's not ambiance at all the staff is not friendly

Hey guys we are from Turkey and we stayed there for 3 nights and everything was amazing. The stuff is amazingly nice and very helpful. The hostel is clean and very warm. You can find many things in the kitchen. I do not even want to mention the perfect location. You can walk everywhere from the hostel. It is in the heart of the city. I have recommended it to all of my friends. Do not hesitate to book.

The Adagio's location was perfect. We didn't use any transportation and walked everywhere. If you want to use, it's directly next to the metro station. Employees were very helpful and friendly people, they take care all of our problems very kindly. If bathrooms were special for rooms, it would be perfect but the bathrooms were still clean. Anything were totally excellent!

Simply the best...

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Hungary

warm atmosphere. excellent kitchen facilities. clean bathrooms and showers, comfortable beds.

• 17th Oct 2014

The hostel is very nice, fancy but not much cossy. The location is good, the facilities are excellent. They need to improve their security. The luggage room doesn´t have locker. Also people stole my food for 5 days. The staff didn´t help me at all, and also the didn´t wanted to check who was on the videocamaras.

Great recommendations from the staff for eating and going out - Budapest is fantastic, I miss it already...

Great place. Nice staff.

PERFECT location. Right on the square. 5 minutes from the metro and tram. Walking distance to some great sites. Cool staff and very clean. Only issue is the Small lockers. Only room for laptop honestly.

A clean hostel in a good location. Staff were helpful and super friendly. Not much of a party vibe as I would have liked but at least you could sleep when you needed too haha.

The staff was friendly, but non-intrusive (I haven't seen them much during my stay there :)) The application procedure upon arrival is a little weird (some online app that works all but properly), but it's a one-time thing. The dorm is clean and cozy. There are two electric outlets right by each bed, which is great if you want to check out tripadvisor from your iPhone while it's charging and you're laying in the bed. All in all, a great hostel.

very good hostel in a great location

The sheets on the bed were a bit too small and the lockers were very narrow. However, most people felt safe enough to leave their backpacks out. The area is very noisy at night, but it was too hot to close the windows. The showers are barely bigger than a closet, but they are clean. There is a very large common area/kitchen, and the staff is very helpful and we were able to book tours and purchase bath tickets directly from them. The hostel is a little hard to find.

Stayed in many hostels over 3 weeks itraveing around Europe and this was our favourite. Great hostel in a beautiful building. The rooms were spacious and beds comfy, great common room to meet new people as well as plenty of information as to where and what to do in Budapest. We also had a lovely little terrace from our room which was just an extra perk. Would definitely recommend and return!

• 30th Jul 2014

We stayed in this hostel for a total of three nights, we were pleased with it from the moment we arrived. The room was big and spacious with good lockers for keeping luggage safe. The staff were helpful and friendly, the facilities were good, basically we were provided with everything you would expect to get from a hostel. The location was fantastic, right in the centre with close links to the metro which was quick and easy to use. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely return :) thank you

The hostel was very secure, and close to many restaurants and the metro station, so the location was brilliant for us. However, our stay here was ruined from the moment we arrived by rude staff. They didn't seem to care about the guests, were generally unhelpful, and some were even playing loud music right into the night. There was also no power in our dorm, and so we struggled to charge our phones and cameras. I would not stay here again, just because of the staff and the poor facilities!

One of the worst hostels I have ever stayed in. Horrible staff that were rude, unhelpful, and lacked knowledge of anything including basic directions. The rooms and common room were lovely and had very nice high ceilings, spacious, etc, but the bathrooms were horrible and smelt like mold, even though a maid was around ALL DAY. Atmosphere was lame. Location was not as good as promised. I've traveled a lot and this is by far on my top 5 worst hostel experiences. Glad I left 2 days in!

Adagio 1.0 was the most sociable hostel I stayed in. The layout of the hostel allows a lively atmosphere and it is really easy to meet and mix with other travellers. The facilities are ideal- a fully equipped kitchen, plenty of showers and toilets and you can buy tickets for local events in Budapest such as the Bath Party. The location of the hostel is in Budapest's main square so all tourist attractions are within walking distance. 100% recommended

Decent - would stay there again. Common room/kitchen is very good for being social. Toilet/shower location is a bit odd but they do well enough.

Location was great. Couldn't lock dorm rooms and the lockers weren't big enough for normal backpacks. Staff were ok, didn't go out of their way to be helpful or friendly. Credit cards not accepted. Showers were terrible, had to push a button every 15 seconds but there were heaps of toilets. Rooms were nice and clean. Social hostel.