Adagio Hostel 1.0 Oktogon Reviews

Andrássy street 53, Budapest, Hungary

The hostel was awesome am so were the guests. A special thank you to Peter, who went out of his way to help me when he realised I was pretty stressed out about one of my items breaking, it was difficult to find a replacement but he helped me search and find a replacement. Seriously Thank you so much, you saved my holiday!! All the staff were nice an friendly, and the rooms were clean and tidy :) Thanks again!!

It's a really nice place, it looks pretty new and it's very clean! Staff are really helpfull, they know their town well. Kitchen is clean and you find all you need there. Overall, it's a good hostel, I do recommend it !!!

Great hostel, good atmosphere which is great for meeting people!

• 25th Jul 2015

The location is very good. But the room is not clean and small. The check out time is at 10.00 am, too early

This is the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. Firstly, we booked a 4-bed dorm but when we arrived were put into a 6 bed dorm. If I wanted to stay in a 6-bed dorm, I could and would have booked it cheaper elsewhere. Secondly, the room was incredibly hot with no method of cooling or ventilation. The hostel clearly doesn't care about their guests because a few €10 fans in each room would probably be sufficient to make the rooms not intolerably hot and stuffy. Don't stay here.

• 21st Jul 2015

After a system malfunction we were transferred to another hostel down the road called lucky 50 apartments. Staff at both hostels were very helpfull rearranging our booking and room and location were great.

Decent hostel. In a central location to go sightseeing. The hostel was quite small though, not a large common area. The rooms were okay, although my room didn't lock and the toilet door also didn't close. Showers in rooms were way too small to shower in, but the communal showers were better. Had free wifi, but had to log in every 10 minutes or so. Overall an alright hostel for a last minute booking.

Security was my main issue: I had no locker although it was promised, rooms were not locked at night and although the staff was there 24/7 they did not bother to see who came in. My bed was up near the ceiling and it was a lot of effort to get there with my bag. Cleaniness seemd ok at first, but 2 girls complained about their beds. Wifi was okay and worked in the rooms, except it required the password all the time. Location was good for sightseeing. Some of the staff were not helpful at all.

Staff were very helpful, in a really good quiet location, but real close to the sights and the bars. Has a tube stop right outside, very clean and good showers.

Great location (and decent wifi). Favourite hostel and city of our trip

It was pleasure to visit this nice hostel.

Very good hostel in the perfect location. Right in the centre of Budapest just a few minutes walk to the ruin bars and easily accessible busses if you want to visit pest. The atmosphere was great, the common room was nice and always had people in and there were tables and chairs in the rooms so it was very easy to make friends. The only problem we had with this hostel was that there was no air conditioning and the room was very hot at night but apart from that it was great

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your review. We hope you enjoyed your stay in our hostel. Until your next visit we try to do our best to install air conditioners. Best regards, Adagio Hostel 1.0

We really enjoyed our stay- kitchen facilities were good. Shame about the fact that there is no air con and the showers stop every 10 seconds. However, that being said, the location is great, very close to the Saturday morning market and really close to Hero's Square and the Baths.

This is a really nice hostel, friendly staff and a nice kitchen. My only complaints would be that the bathrooms were broken when we were there. Also there was no AC and in the middle of July when its 40 C outside you need AC in the bedrooms at night. On the plus side the beds were not bad at all.

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your review, we hope you enjoyed your stay despite the small deficiencies. During your stay we had a pipe burst, but we had already fixed it. Until your next visit we try to do our best to install air conditioning aswell. Best regards, Adagio Hostel 1.0

1. Although the site advertised AC it was non existent in the rooms making it extremely hot. This meant the very large (but no draft) windows remained open and allowed way too much noise (located in the city centre you heard everything from bikes, cars, people partying into the night)..2. There was no lock provided for the dormitory and they said this was be they didn't have keys for all members 3. I had a 45 yr room mate which was a little uncomfortable with everyone else seemingly under 25

Adagio Hostel 1.0 is a really nice hostel in a great location! From Oktogon you can get to all the sights pretty easily (either by foot if you like walking or on the tube which is just outside the hostel) as well as the nightlife (easily walkable to the ruin bars and clubs). Staff here were really friendly and the whole place was very clean with good Wifi. The kitchen was really good too.

I loved everything at the hostel !!! I still can't belive what a nice stuff and lovely place. I am so sad that I only could stay for one night. They gave me advices where to go and what to see or do, they are so helpful.

• 28th Jun 2015

I've been to about 12 different hostels this year but I consider this one as my favourite. It felt very spacious, had great areas to hang out, cooking was easy, staff were extremely helpful, lockable lockers were provided and my friend and I met lots of great people there. There were multiple showers and the toilets always looked clean. It was easy to walk anywhere in Budapest and the building itself was grand.

This hostel is lovely ! Met lot of great people there and the ALL the staff are really nice and helpful !! would definitely go back again if I visit to Budapest !

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

Dear Guest! thank you very much for your review, it was our pleasure to host you. :) We are looking forward to see you next time! Best regards, Adagio Hostel 1.0

Great hostel, great location, great staff! Very laid back, small and affordable. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Highly recommend!

« first « Prev 1 2 3