Adagio Hostel 1.0 Oktogon Reviews

Andrássy street 53, Budapest, Hungary

Great recommendations from the staff for eating and going out - Budapest is fantastic, I miss it already...

PERFECT location. Right on the square. 5 minutes from the metro and tram. Walking distance to some great sites. Cool staff and very clean. Only issue is the Small lockers. Only room for laptop honestly.

The staff was friendly, but non-intrusive (I haven't seen them much during my stay there :)) The application procedure upon arrival is a little weird (some online app that works all but properly), but it's a one-time thing. The dorm is clean and cozy. There are two electric outlets right by each bed, which is great if you want to check out tripadvisor from your iPhone while it's charging and you're laying in the bed. All in all, a great hostel.

very good hostel in a great location

The sheets on the bed were a bit too small and the lockers were very narrow. However, most people felt safe enough to leave their backpacks out. The area is very noisy at night, but it was too hot to close the windows. The showers are barely bigger than a closet, but they are clean. There is a very large common area/kitchen, and the staff is very helpful and we were able to book tours and purchase bath tickets directly from them. The hostel is a little hard to find.

Stayed in many hostels over 3 weeks itraveing around Europe and this was our favourite. Great hostel in a beautiful building. The rooms were spacious and beds comfy, great common room to meet new people as well as plenty of information as to where and what to do in Budapest. We also had a lovely little terrace from our room which was just an extra perk. Would definitely recommend and return!

• 30th Jul 2014

We stayed in this hostel for a total of three nights, we were pleased with it from the moment we arrived. The room was big and spacious with good lockers for keeping luggage safe. The staff were helpful and friendly, the facilities were good, basically we were provided with everything you would expect to get from a hostel. The location was fantastic, right in the centre with close links to the metro which was quick and easy to use. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely return :) thank you

The hostel was very secure, and close to many restaurants and the metro station, so the location was brilliant for us. However, our stay here was ruined from the moment we arrived by rude staff. They didn't seem to care about the guests, were generally unhelpful, and some were even playing loud music right into the night. There was also no power in our dorm, and so we struggled to charge our phones and cameras. I would not stay here again, just because of the staff and the poor facilities!

One of the worst hostels I have ever stayed in. Horrible staff that were rude, unhelpful, and lacked knowledge of anything including basic directions. The rooms and common room were lovely and had very nice high ceilings, spacious, etc, but the bathrooms were horrible and smelt like mold, even though a maid was around ALL DAY. Atmosphere was lame. Location was not as good as promised. I've traveled a lot and this is by far on my top 5 worst hostel experiences. Glad I left 2 days in!

Adagio 1.0 was the most sociable hostel I stayed in. The layout of the hostel allows a lively atmosphere and it is really easy to meet and mix with other travellers. The facilities are ideal- a fully equipped kitchen, plenty of showers and toilets and you can buy tickets for local events in Budapest such as the Bath Party. The location of the hostel is in Budapest's main square so all tourist attractions are within walking distance. 100% recommended

Decent - would stay there again. Common room/kitchen is very good for being social. Toilet/shower location is a bit odd but they do well enough.

Location was great. Couldn't lock dorm rooms and the lockers weren't big enough for normal backpacks. Staff were ok, didn't go out of their way to be helpful or friendly. Credit cards not accepted. Showers were terrible, had to push a button every 15 seconds but there were heaps of toilets. Rooms were nice and clean. Social hostel.

Originally booked here, only for the booking to be cancelled due to an overbooking. We ended up staying at Adagio 2.0, which is possibly even more centrally located. Perfect for seeing lots of Budapest - 10 mins walk, if that, to the river and directly opposite the cathedral. Rooms, common room and bathrooms are all nice and had no problems. The lady who checked us in made us feel like we were causing her hassle by being there, but the rest of the staff were friendly.

I was really happy with this hostel. Perfect location for food and the metro, or even walking around the city. My only gripe is that there have a lot of beds in the hostel and only 4 showers, this means people end up queueing for showers at peak times in the morning. Beat the queue! Also with lots of people the facilities get dirty fast, but the ladies who clean it everyday do an amazing job and the hostel is sparkling in no time. Overall it was a great place to stay, would do it again!

• 6th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Lovely hostel - staff were really helpful, beds were comfy and toilets were clean. Can't ask for much more on a short stay!

• 5th Jul 2014

The place was well taken care of, very clean, and mostly quiet. My fellow roommates and I did have some troubles with some of the staff assigning us to the wrong rooms, beds or lockers and we had to keep switching. Other than that they were very nice.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Great hostel in a great location, you can buy spa bath party tickets from reception BIG MUST DO!

Clean, quiet and everything you need from a hostel.

• 27th Jun 2014

We were a little disappointed with this hostel. Staff were friendly enough but did not really give any tips about places to go or things to do in the city. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm which was spacious, but for some reason there is no lock on the door to the room which was annoying one night when drunk people in the room next door kept coming into the room. The wi-fi was also not great and the toilets/showers were not that clean. Also, there were only three showers so shower at off-peak times.

I stayed in the mix dorm for 6 ppl. The hostel has good location. 1 min to the metro line one. 2 shared computer and kitchen. However, I felt the environment not so clean. There was dust on the table of my room, the corner of my bed and the shared computer. The shower rooms were dirty in the night. To me, the room was not clean and comfortable. However, the place might be sitable for people to meet new friends and party. They have a shared living room.