Adagio Hostel 2.0 Basilica Reviews

Andrássy Street 2. I. floor 1. Doorbell: 12, Budapest, Hungary

Adagio was great! It was small so it was really easy to meet other people. The common room was awesome, and the general atmosphere was friendly and relaxed. Security was good but a lot of the time the staff wasn't at the front desk. When they were everyone was really kind and helpful with every question! It wasn't the cleanest place I've ever seen, but it wasn't horrible. Overall it was an excellent experience! Location was perfect-- close to everything!

• 24th Feb 2015

It was great, staff was very supportive and helpful.

The hostel was too cold, the heater didn't work, I had to sleep wearing all my coats and even though I got a cold. I could not sleep all night long due to the severe cold. Be aware of this during the winter

The staff could be a little more proactive.

• 5th Jan 2015

Very cozy. Super recomend!

No hot water and wifi was horrible! In the fast foods you can get a wifi much better than in the hostel.

The showers were always cold. And there was no changing area. Bathrooms also far from the bedrooms. But wifi throughout the hostel and great location. Very safe.

It was great staying in Adagio, location is great and everything was so clean that we were surprised. Will come back again!

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Croatia

Great location but it was very obvious where the hostel was trying to save money. Showers are on a 10 second timer so you need to continually press the button. 1 minute timer would be better. It seemed clean enough, but the lighting was dark in the bathrooms. Wifi was iffy, we ended up using the coffee shop's down the road.

• 6th Dec 2014

When called I doorbell downstairs a girl answered, said something like «first floor» and hanged up. I tried the door but it was still locked so I rang again. The girl answered again: — Hello, she said. — Hello. — Can you answer when I am talking to you? — All right. — What is it you want? — Is it a hostel? — Yes. Do you have a reservation? — Yes. — Okay, come in. On the other hand the place is extremely cheap, centrally located and the other guy on the reception printied my tickets for free.

One of the staff needs to smile more, except that, everything is great :)

16 of us stayed here in 2 rooms. Staff were great, shared bathroom did the job. Good location and a nice environment.

• 6th Nov 2014

The Hostel is in the middle of the city, that you can clearly see from the balcony! The building is beautiful. Rooms are comfortable and the staff is very helpful and friendly.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Israel

This was a very nice hostel very well located right in the city center. Everything was OK but you should really try to avoid large, noisy and unrespectful large groups (I'm talking about 15 guys). After they left all was OK again, but those 2 nights were just nightmares.

• 24th Oct 2014

Location is good, however it was a bit hard to find when we need to go through inside a building...(it would be great if we have a small map showing this). The receptionist was ok, and trying to help when our room did not have heater but nothing could be done (it was really cold that night). Maps and informations of the city were well available. Big room and common places such as dining room, kitchen.

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Vietnam

Even for just a day it was a relly good stay, super position, nice Staff... I will for sure chose Adagio again if I will be back to Budapest !!!

TERRIBLE STAFF!!!

Staff were more concerned with watching the computer screen infront of them then helping with queries or questions. Location is perfect, but hostel itself has no signage on the main street and is slightly difficult to find. Bathrooms wernt great, one bathroom for entire hostel.

Clean hostel, kind people, great location, awesome atmosphere - what else do you need..?:)

• 18th Sep 2014

Excelent location, right on the heart of the city which made our stay very easy and really amazing. The hostel is quiet at night and very clean, really liked our time there, they let me and my 3 friend alone for all nights in a room of 6 even with new guests coming everyday. The only little problem was the staff at front desk which need to learn how to be more sympathetic and nice to guests, specially the woman, which i dont even remember the name as she did not care to comunicate with anyone.