Adagio Hostel 2.0 Basilica Reviews

Andrássy Street 2. I. floor 1. Doorbell: 12, Budapest, Hungary

Great location but it was very obvious where the hostel was trying to save money. Showers are on a 10 second timer so you need to continually press the button. 1 minute timer would be better. It seemed clean enough, but the lighting was dark in the bathrooms. Wifi was iffy, we ended up using the coffee shop's down the road.

• 6th Dec 2014

When called I doorbell downstairs a girl answered, said something like «first floor» and hanged up. I tried the door but it was still locked so I rang again. The girl answered again: — Hello, she said. — Hello. — Can you answer when I am talking to you? — All right. — What is it you want? — Is it a hostel? — Yes. Do you have a reservation? — Yes. — Okay, come in. On the other hand the place is extremely cheap, centrally located and the other guy on the reception printied my tickets for free.

One of the staff needs to smile more, except that, everything is great :)

16 of us stayed here in 2 rooms. Staff were great, shared bathroom did the job. Good location and a nice environment.

• 6th Nov 2014

The Hostel is in the middle of the city, that you can clearly see from the balcony! The building is beautiful. Rooms are comfortable and the staff is very helpful and friendly.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Israel

This was a very nice hostel very well located right in the city center. Everything was OK but you should really try to avoid large, noisy and unrespectful large groups (I'm talking about 15 guys). After they left all was OK again, but those 2 nights were just nightmares.

• 24th Oct 2014

Location is good, however it was a bit hard to find when we need to go through inside a building...(it would be great if we have a small map showing this). The receptionist was ok, and trying to help when our room did not have heater but nothing could be done (it was really cold that night). Maps and informations of the city were well available. Big room and common places such as dining room, kitchen.

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Vietnam

Even for just a day it was a relly good stay, super position, nice Staff... I will for sure chose Adagio again if I will be back to Budapest !!!

TERRIBLE STAFF!!!

Staff were more concerned with watching the computer screen infront of them then helping with queries or questions. Location is perfect, but hostel itself has no signage on the main street and is slightly difficult to find. Bathrooms wernt great, one bathroom for entire hostel.

Clean hostel, kind people, great location, awesome atmosphere - what else do you need..?:)

• 18th Sep 2014

Excelent location, right on the heart of the city which made our stay very easy and really amazing. The hostel is quiet at night and very clean, really liked our time there, they let me and my 3 friend alone for all nights in a room of 6 even with new guests coming everyday. The only little problem was the staff at front desk which need to learn how to be more sympathetic and nice to guests, specially the woman, which i dont even remember the name as she did not care to comunicate with anyone.

It's a very well located hostel, right in the turistic centre of Budapest! Nice environment and it's a good relation price-quality

Very Nice place. All new facilities, and the staff is very kind. The kitchen could be improved, is a little bit tiny. Wifi works well. Location is awesome.

On the plus side: the staff were very helpful and the location pretty good. However, I was barely able to get any sleep owing to the noise - both from the street, though that's to be expected, and fellow guests, who seemed to not need any sleep, at least at night.

Amazing location and great facilities.

Really loved the decor, the rooms were clean and spacious and the balconies were incredible. The staff were extremely helpful and really helped me maximise my stay in Budapest. Will be recommending this hostel to any friends travelling to the city.

Excellent location in Budapest with great facilities. Really enjoyed my three nights in the hostel and would recomend this to anyone going to the city.

The hostel was really nicely furnished, the common room is really large There were loads of comfy seats, a massive dining table, computers, darts board, table football and a really nice little balcony! The kitchen was okay, equipped with the basics. We used the washing machine here, it cost 2000 forint. While we were there the WiFi was quite dodgy and would dip in and out all the time. The showers were annoying push-button showers. The reception were nice but offered no specific help or advice.

There was a problem with double booking due to a festival, nonetheless the staff were extremely accommodating and I would definitely go back!

« first « Prev 1 2 3