Adagio Hostel 2.0 Basilica Reviews

Andrássy Street 2. I. floor 1. Doorbell: 12, Budapest, Hungary

Terrible start to our stay in budapest. We areived at adagio at 10pm only to be told they didn't have our booking that we made over a month in advance. They also let slip that we were the third group that this had happened to that day. We were transferred to a lower grade hostel, all in terrible moods. The same thing happened to our friends the next day as well. Needs to be sorted as a deposit should secure you a room.

It was very nice to stay at this hostel because it was easy to check in, they helped us when we had any questions and they kept the room as tidy as possible.

• 6th Aug 2014

The bathroom and shower are yoo close, and wet and dirty too, but they allow me to store my luggages for a week even im not living there in the week is so nice.

Fantastic place, nice design. It's always clean and the staff can speak english very well

Nice hostel, english speaking staff, funny guy works at the reception :)

Our stay was not good at all: the staff was very rude and not helpful. There was no lock on the door of the room, so we felt unsecured. We were two people but we had beds far away from each other in the dorm. The room and the bathrooms were dirty: a lot of dust on the floor and the toilets were smelling. The showers were not practical at all: water was all over the bathroom’s floor. It was really noisy and the staff didn't say anything to the people screaming and yelling late at night.

Long story but they lost my booking even though they'd sent a confirmation email. The first girl I dealt with was really unhelpful but the other staff were sympathetic and a solution was found for the night. These things happen. They didn't charge me that night which was nice. Other than that the hostel seemed fine in the short time I was there. Clean and in an excellent location and a really nice old building.

Great atmosphere, was so much fun!! No locks on bedroom doors and luggage room not big enough but still had a great stay - our best hostel so far!

The didn't respect my reservation and made me change room. As well using the same linen which by the way I had to change to the other dorm myself. Laundry too expensive in comparison with most hostels (around 2.5 euros washing and 3 euros drying). It was 6.5 euros just washing and they had no drying machine. A member of the staff was rude to me when I asked for information and didn't understand her accent. The only good thing about this hostel is the location but it is very noisy at nights.

Awesome location, beautiful building and rooms, nice staff except for the lady who did our check out who rolled her eyes twice in our 5 min conversation. Excellent value for money!

Great location

Great hostel, very good location!

Very good location but staff were disinterested and unhelpful. Laundry facilities were very expensive and washing took 3 hours and still needed drying! Kitchen was well equipped and clean.

2 things disappointed me, slow internet connection and the shower was flooding when making shower. But both probably was that particular room

The hostel had a very good atmosphere - met very nice people and we had drinks together at the hostel. Other than the top bunk squeaking too much, it was a really nice backpackers place which I would recommend. The hostel is located on a high end street which we noticed when we got there so we always went away from the street itself to have food.

Great location near the basilica and a nice square that had a beer hall while we were visiting. We stayed in the 12 bedroom room which was surprisingly spacious and comfortable. The common area was also spacious and a good place to relax. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• 25th Jun 2014

Nice big lockers, excellent location right behind the Basilica. Staff very helpful. Only stayed one night but highly recommend, would stay here again. Nice common area, small kitchen.

The staff is really amazing, 10 over 10 of service.

Loved this place so much I kept coming back!! Lovely staff who answered all my questions. Awesome groups of people staying both times I was here! Right in the centre of things, great location! A must stay in Budapest! Good mix of chilled out people and people to go out with and not too big so easy to meet other guests in the common room!

Nothing bad to say about this place, amazing place..