Adagio Hostel 2.0 Basilica Reviews

Andrássy Street 2. I. floor 1. Doorbell: 12, Budapest, Hungary

It's a very well located hostel, right in the turistic centre of Budapest! Nice environment and it's a good relation price-quality

Very Nice place. All new facilities, and the staff is very kind. The kitchen could be improved, is a little bit tiny. Wifi works well. Location is awesome.

On the plus side: the staff were very helpful and the location pretty good. However, I was barely able to get any sleep owing to the noise - both from the street, though that's to be expected, and fellow guests, who seemed to not need any sleep, at least at night.

Amazing location and great facilities.

Really loved the decor, the rooms were clean and spacious and the balconies were incredible. The staff were extremely helpful and really helped me maximise my stay in Budapest. Will be recommending this hostel to any friends travelling to the city.

Excellent location in Budapest with great facilities. Really enjoyed my three nights in the hostel and would recomend this to anyone going to the city.

The hostel was really nicely furnished, the common room is really large There were loads of comfy seats, a massive dining table, computers, darts board, table football and a really nice little balcony! The kitchen was okay, equipped with the basics. We used the washing machine here, it cost 2000 forint. While we were there the WiFi was quite dodgy and would dip in and out all the time. The showers were annoying push-button showers. The reception were nice but offered no specific help or advice.

There was a problem with double booking due to a festival, nonetheless the staff were extremely accommodating and I would definitely go back!

Adagio 2.0 was a good hostel for the basics. It had a decent kitchen, nice and clean rooms and public areas, and nice bathrooms. The staff wasn't particularly helpful, but we had a nice time here. I was going to comment about the atmosphere and not meeting people, but I think we were there right at the end of a big music festival, so everyone was probably worn out.

The location is excellent. But the staff were really unfriendly. The hostel is definitely value for money.

Toilets not very clean, for the rest everything perfect, a bit expensive for budapest average but is worth it. Very good hostel

Perfect location, only weird thing was that they seem to overbook on purpose - apparently someone had "messed up" our booking, so one of us had to sleep on a camp bed for a night in the middle of the floor, and we saw this happen to quite a few others as well! When staying at a hostel, you pay for a bed, not a broken camp bed in the middle of a room. Apart from that, the hostel is clean and quiet, the staff are helpful, and I would probably stay again if I were in Budapest.

Terrible start to our stay in budapest. We areived at adagio at 10pm only to be told they didn't have our booking that we made over a month in advance. They also let slip that we were the third group that this had happened to that day. We were transferred to a lower grade hostel, all in terrible moods. The same thing happened to our friends the next day as well. Needs to be sorted as a deposit should secure you a room.

It was very nice to stay at this hostel because it was easy to check in, they helped us when we had any questions and they kept the room as tidy as possible.

• 6th Aug 2014

The bathroom and shower are yoo close, and wet and dirty too, but they allow me to store my luggages for a week even im not living there in the week is so nice.

Fantastic place, nice design. It's always clean and the staff can speak english very well

Nice hostel, english speaking staff, funny guy works at the reception :)

Our stay was not good at all: the staff was very rude and not helpful. There was no lock on the door of the room, so we felt unsecured. We were two people but we had beds far away from each other in the dorm. The room and the bathrooms were dirty: a lot of dust on the floor and the toilets were smelling. The showers were not practical at all: water was all over the bathroom’s floor. It was really noisy and the staff didn't say anything to the people screaming and yelling late at night.

Long story but they lost my booking even though they'd sent a confirmation email. The first girl I dealt with was really unhelpful but the other staff were sympathetic and a solution was found for the night. These things happen. They didn't charge me that night which was nice. Other than that the hostel seemed fine in the short time I was there. Clean and in an excellent location and a really nice old building.

Great atmosphere, was so much fun!! No locks on bedroom doors and luggage room not big enough but still had a great stay - our best hostel so far!

« first « Prev 1 2 3