Adagio Hostel 2.0 Basilica Reviews

Andrássy Street 2. I. floor 1. Doorbell: 12, Budapest, Hungary

Brilliant! One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Location was ideal and it was incredibly clean.

• 17th Aug 2015

JUst like previous year, it was very clean and orginized. and when ever I or my friends had a question we go the staff full attention.

Good hostel no aircon sadly and felt it was difficult to meet other people in the hostel as the shared living room was nearly empty everytime we went near it. maybe this was because of the giant music festival that was on during the time we stayed but I doubt it. staff where very friendly though! !!

This hostel was perfect if you wanted to go on nights out in Budapest, but for travelling round we found it a little loud. And as people can wonder in off the streets it didn't feel that safe.

This rating was for a 2 person bedroom with queen bed. Great separate apartments. Mixed beds looked ok

Really great hostel in a fantastic location - right at the tip of World Heritage site Andrassy Avenue with easy access to all Budapest's main attractions. This is our second stay here and we'd definitely come for a third!

Great place to stay in Budapest. Good atmosphere -despite the fact that some French guys were getting drunk in the room balcony, which was a little annoying- and the hostel is seated in a historical building, like a palace. I would come back there. Nice common room, comfy beds. The only problem in Budapest is how to avoid all the guys (almost teenagers) who go there just to get drunk. Hostel owners should pay more attention to this.

The location of hostel was good. The facilities were also good like free tea, coffee and break fast. The only problem was the hot weather it was like 40C during my stay and the hostel rooms has no fan, so it was quite hot even during the night. A part from that every thing was pretty cool.

Hostel was perfect for us, and girl on reception with short undercut hair was amazing!! So helpful and friendly we loved her

• 21st Jul 2015

Brilliant value for money. Three of us stayed in the play apartment and we couldn't believe how great it was for the money we payed. Location is excellent, metro stop just outside and the opera is only a minutes walk away. Located in a really buzzing area so it could get noisy at night but there was just so much to do nearby. We had a slight issue with rooms when we first arrived, our booking was incorrect in the system, but the staff were extremely helpful. Definitely would come back again.

• 16th Jul 2015

Surprisingly low cost for an amazing hostel experience. It's right next to the basilica in Pest, so all of the main sights are walking distance as well as being easily accessible by metro. The Hostel itself is very clean and feels safe, all the facilities worked and free breakfast. Bargain.

The showers were pretty awful but this hostel makes up for it for its great location to access the rest of the city. Not exactly the most lively hostel but there were plenty of people around. overall a good hostel, but wouldnt say an amazing one

They messed up our booking so we didn't have beds at this hostel, but the staff at the desk were really good and set us up in their sister hostel down the road in a private room for the same price

Fab hostel, great city. Instructions of how to find were good for the metro but difficult from the metro to the hostel. Other than that, all good.

Great location! You can easily walk to everything from the hostel. The only drawback was that the wifi was often slow or not working. If I'm ever back in Budapest, I would stay here again!

• 11th Jul 2015

Trying to find this hostel is not clear at all as there are no visible signs outside only a very small one. After asking all the cafes and restaurants we eventually found it and me and my friend rang the doorbell about 12 times only for nobody to let us in. Not very ideal after travelling all day. Finally we were let in and shown to our rooms. The wifi doesn't work well in the rooms and although I'm traveling on a budget I didn't feel that the place was how it was explained online.

A nice place in a nice spot. Not a huge social atmosphere though.

The receptionist was very welcoming and informative. The hostel is in a great location was some rooms overlooking St Stephens basilica. Free breakfast was a bonus and the laundry service was very useful. However the thing that let the hostel down was the lack of air conditioning, it was unbearable we could hardly sleep. The showers were also not great (very very weak) which when we had been sweating all night was not ideal. Hostel would be great in winter months (avoid in summer).

Great place to stay! Front desk people were very helpful and kind.

Very well located and confortable. Nice lounge space and good breakfast. Polite and really friendly staff as well.

• 29th Jun 2015