Adagio Hostel 2.0 Basilica Reviews

Andrássy Street 2. I. floor 1. Doorbell: 12, Budapest, Hungary

Our stay was not good at all: the staff was very rude and not helpful. There was no lock on the door of the room, so we felt unsecured. We were two people but we had beds far away from each other in the dorm. The room and the bathrooms were dirty: a lot of dust on the floor and the toilets were smelling. The showers were not practical at all: water was all over the bathroom’s floor. It was really noisy and the staff didn't say anything to the people screaming and yelling late at night.

Great atmosphere, was so much fun!! No locks on bedroom doors and luggage room not big enough but still had a great stay - our best hostel so far!

The didn't respect my reservation and made me change room. As well using the same linen which by the way I had to change to the other dorm myself. Laundry too expensive in comparison with most hostels (around 2.5 euros washing and 3 euros drying). It was 6.5 euros just washing and they had no drying machine. A member of the staff was rude to me when I asked for information and didn't understand her accent. The only good thing about this hostel is the location but it is very noisy at nights.

Awesome location, beautiful building and rooms, nice staff except for the lady who did our check out who rolled her eyes twice in our 5 min conversation. Excellent value for money!

Great location

Great hostel, very good location!

2 things disappointed me, slow internet connection and the shower was flooding when making shower. But both probably was that particular room

The hostel had a very good atmosphere - met very nice people and we had drinks together at the hostel. Other than the top bunk squeaking too much, it was a really nice backpackers place which I would recommend. The hostel is located on a high end street which we noticed when we got there so we always went away from the street itself to have food.

Great location near the basilica and a nice square that had a beer hall while we were visiting. We stayed in the 12 bedroom room which was surprisingly spacious and comfortable. The common area was also spacious and a good place to relax. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• 25th Jun 2014

Nice big lockers, excellent location right behind the Basilica. Staff very helpful. Only stayed one night but highly recommend, would stay here again. Nice common area, small kitchen.

The staff is really amazing, 10 over 10 of service.

Nothing bad to say about this place, amazing place..

Excellent location, on an intersection and might be a bit noisy for light sleepers. Very clean and comfortable. Great common area and a deck with a good view. Staff is not very helpful though and didn't look like they wanted to talk to us. Other than that it's a very nice hostel.

• 13th Jun 2014

Absolutely loved it here! Will definitely book again! Right in the centre, easy walking distance to everything! Best Thai food two doors over downstairs (seriously, it's so good we ate here twice!) !! Lovely helpful staff and easy to find if you follow the metro direction, cross the street and its two doors over on the right from the costa coffee. Amazing atmosphere in the common room if you are on your own or just wanting to meet new people.

We ended up staying 2 extra nights because of the friendliness of the staff, atmosphere in the hostel and overall location in the city of Budapest. None of the sights were too far from the hostel. Easy access to the metro, and quick walk to the train station. Loved being so close to the Basilica! Overall a great experience at Adagio, will definitely recommend to friends.

Definitely recommend this place. good location, good hostel :)

Great location! Unfortunalely, the hostel atmosphere was very quiet and I wasn't able to meet anyone. Also, the one bathroom was very far away from the room I was in. Overall it was a great hostel, I just hoped for a bit more of social atmosphere in Budapest.

Excellent hostel. Convenient location, friendly and helpful staff, and very professionally run. Highly recommended!

The rooms couldn't be locked so I felt slightly insecure on the first night of my stay but there was a locker in the room so I felt safe in general. I got used to it on the second night but still it would be great if you can install a lock at the door to let guests lock the room at night or when they go out. It is just a very minor problem though it didn't affect my stay at all, just a suggestion.

This hostel is really awesome and worth its price. It's money well spent. The staff is super nice, the place is the most cleanest I've ever stayed at. It's super busy during the day time since it's in the heart of Budapest. From the balcony you can have the best vantage point ever. During the night time it's calm, nobody makes any noise that might bother you. The showers are clean and comfy. You won't regret if you're staying in this hostel. :) Cheers!