Adelaide Backpackers Inn Reviews

112 Carrington Street, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Room b is on the main street front of house ground floor really noisy with the window open and the front door. The fact that people are continuously coming and going having cigarettes at all hours out the front door which bangs loudly is really disruptive no real atmosphere or activities run by the hostel disappointing stay no curtains in rooms to block out Sun

We are really sorry you didn't seem to enjoy our hostel. There are so many activities happening in Adelaide during Mad March that we find organising our own to be a bit of overkill. Our facebook page and notice boards point people to cheap tickets for shows and events and we do try to encourage our guests to enjoy the festivals. There were a number of times during the Fringe that we all went out on free tickets. I know with over 30 things to do on any one day, it can be a bit overwhelming!

Lovely small hostel with great staff. Loved the free tea and free WiFi, you don't get that everywhere. The guy on the desk was great, my luggage got lost by the airline, and he kept giving me updates when they rang, and then when it arrived he hauled it upstairs for me, what a gent! I would recommend it,.

a nice small hostel with a 5 minute walk from Victoria Square. Free Wifi as a big plus, enough space in the fridge (!!!) and a backyard to sit around and have a nice chat. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Mostly clean but not enough cutlery in the kitchen. For someone who likes a small quiet hostel with possibilites to make quick friends.

Thanks for your review. We've noted the cutlery shortage and we've topped up the cutlery supply. Not sure where it goes to!!

I have spent 5 nights at ABI and it was superb. The staff are friendly and most importantly the hostel is clean as they clean it up everyday! However, it turned out to be an unpleasant night for my last day there. They are my roommates that are drunk and have messed up all the place around.

• 7th Jan 2014
  • Malaysia

We're sorry your final night was disturbed. We do greatly appreciate the fact that you commented on the good parts of your stay. Unfortunately, sometimes our guests do over-indulge. We encourage guests to be considerate of others and such disturbances are rare at our hostel. We hope to welcome you back when next you are in Adelaide.

very good location, friendly staff. small hostel with good atmosphere. stayed longer than i planned because i liked it so much.

I really enjoyed my time at ABI. It was great to have free wifi, that was a decent connection and even worked in the rooms. The staff were knowledgeable and friendly (although didn't give me a heads up on the metro card so maybe see the transport office for actual transport info). Free breakfast was lovely and the communal areas were well thought out and overall the hostel had a great feeling.

• 31st Oct 2013