Adelaide Backpackers Inn Reviews

112 Carrington Street, Adelaide, Australia

The lockers are good to put valuable stuff in. Located a bit further from the centre but I knew that in advance so no problem. The staff was very friendly and helpful, showing you around when you arrive and giving you all the info you need and answer you questions. Myra was lovely. The atmosphere is nice, loose, amical. The showers and toilets were clean, the kitchen somethimes a bit less. The free wifi is a plus. But a fluffy pillow would be great .

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

My stay at Adelaide backpackers Inn was very enjoyable. I arrived early in the morning before reception was open, and was able to enter the hostel by using a pin code that had been emailed to me with my booking confirmation. I was free to use the facilities while I waited, and got checked in to my room as soon as staff arrived. The kitchen had all the necessary appliances and lots of fridge space to store your food. All the staff were friendly and accommodating to any needs that arose.

Room b is on the main street front of house ground floor really noisy with the window open and the front door. The fact that people are continuously coming and going having cigarettes at all hours out the front door which bangs loudly is really disruptive no real atmosphere or activities run by the hostel disappointing stay no curtains in rooms to block out Sun

We are really sorry you didn't seem to enjoy our hostel. There are so many activities happening in Adelaide during Mad March that we find organising our own to be a bit of overkill. Our facebook page and notice boards point people to cheap tickets for shows and events and we do try to encourage our guests to enjoy the festivals. There were a number of times during the Fringe that we all went out on free tickets. I know with over 30 things to do on any one day, it can be a bit overwhelming!

Lovely small hostel with great staff. Loved the free tea and free WiFi, you don't get that everywhere. The guy on the desk was great, my luggage got lost by the airline, and he kept giving me updates when they rang, and then when it arrived he hauled it upstairs for me, what a gent! I would recommend it,.

a nice small hostel with a 5 minute walk from Victoria Square. Free Wifi as a big plus, enough space in the fridge (!!!) and a backyard to sit around and have a nice chat. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Mostly clean but not enough cutlery in the kitchen. For someone who likes a small quiet hostel with possibilites to make quick friends.

Thanks for your review. We've noted the cutlery shortage and we've topped up the cutlery supply. Not sure where it goes to!!