Adelaide Backpackers Inn Reviews

112 Carrington Street, Adelaide, Australia

Could do with a good clean!

Extremely good value as cheaper than the rest of the competition. Free food stuffs were definitely appreciated.

• 12th Jan 2016

Really not sure what the hype is about this place. the staff is hardly ever there - I had to call them to get instructions on how to enter the property (it was about 10pm so not even that late), and even in the day time it constantly feels like you're ruining their other plans by trying to ask questions or even pay for the accommodation. The room smelt terribly and had no security whatsoever. Showers were ok but nothing great. They charged my card without me notifying too. Poor experience

This is a really nice small friendly hostel. It's on a quiet street (they mostly are in Adelaide!) but all the guests were really friendly and still up for having a few drinks. My room was spacious and air conditioned, I never had to wait for a shower to become available and the kitchen was perfect. The location was a bit of a walk to the main centre, but Adelaide isn't very big, so that's not too much of a problem.

Nice and cheap, great little hostel.

• 22nd Dec 2015

Very nice hostel. Sort of far from some places.

• 14th Dec 2015

Not worth the money at all. Better to stay round the corner at backpack oz. Beds where plastic kiddie bunks and not very comfortable. Bathrooms where mouldy and needed serious tlc. Cobwebs everywhere. I saw the cleaner a few times but not really sure what she was doing for most of the time. Wouldn't recommend

They need to really upgrade everything in this hostel

The staff is really hopeful, love talking with and share info for traveler, honest I like this hostel so much !!

Wonderful staff and wonderful hostel. There are three separate areas to hang out, plus a large kitchen, and one of those is outside which is great. Super easy to meet people and hang out. Fast free wifi and free bike rental. Would definitely return.

Fantastic hostel!! When I arrived they showed me where everything was and even offered to carry my bag up the stairs for me! Nothing was too much trouble. The hostel was safe, clean and the facilities were good. Beds were comfortable and the room was spacious. The staff are definitely the highlight at this hostel! I caught the night bus the day I checked out and they let me continue using the facilities for the day and allowed me to store my luggage. My best hostel so far!!

Only stayed one night but would definitely return. Great staff, free wifi (a lil slow but free and available in room). Atmosphere was good.

I really liked Adelaide Backpackers Inn. Nice atmosphere, staff was friendly and helpful. It's a small quiet hostel. basically the kind of hostel I prefer. Just the floor in the rooms were a little bit dirty and they had a mold problem. Everything else was fine. I can recommend it.

Really great place to stay, good location in the city but without too much hassle, and with amazing jacarandas on the street outside.. Facilities excellent and so clean. The room was great too. If I'm ever back in Adelaide I'll definitely stay here.

• 12th Nov 2015

Some weirdos but at the same time nice people. Excellent privacy and lots of places to chill which was awesome!!

Great hostel in the centre of Adelaide. Stayed for nearly two weeks as is an ideal place to find work, set up bank accounts, TFN etc. super friendly staff that will help you do anything and everything. Nice communal areas and full kitchen is also great. I will be going back, look no further for a great hostel. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Nice, clean hostel with a chilled vibe. Only stayed a few days for my Uluru trip but staff were very helpful with booking the trip for me and giving recommendations of things to do in the area. Free pancakes and scones for breakfast on their set days were a nice touch. Rooms and bathrooms kept clean but I do feel there weren't enough for amount of people staying. Kitchen was good but busy at dinner time. Free wifi only in kitchen/lounge area but worked well.

We needed somewhere to stay in Adelaide whilst our car was in the mechanic. The staff let us hang around in the hostel during the days even though we didn't know if we'd be staying the night. They also gave us a better room after our first room was by the road so was a bit loud. It's also the only place we've been in Australia that had free wifi, which is pretty incredible. Good kitchen with an oven. Overall, a great place, probably the best thing in Adelaide.

Nice hostel - we got upgraded to a private room for free which was nice