Adelaide Central YHA Reviews

135 Waymouth Street, Adelaide, Australia

I liked very much the hostel, but I would suggest free wifi acess and a small breakfast included in the price. Regards!

• 27th Nov 2014

I had the worst room share mates that I've ever experience. One smelled worse than I could ever describe. The other was loud, rude and acted aggressively. Our room back into the alley way where people were able to look right into us, not to mention how loud it was in there. Didn't sleep all night.

I loved YHA it was extremely clean, staff were very helpful and friendly. I will definitely stay again (and try different interstate franchises)

• 20th Nov 2014

Rooms were clean, Toilet were clean on Friday & Saturday after the cleaners have cleaned it... but late night they were quite disgusting as some backpackers don't really care about how to clean after themselves!

The hostel has an institutional feel to it rather than a cozy, chilled atmosphere. It accepts people from all walks of life, so there's no actual backpackers feeling. No free wifi, it costs 15$ per week but is fast. The rooms are quite clean though carpeted. Covers are changed once a fortnight only, which is pretty unhygienic.

clean, secure, comfy beds, central location, will stay again

Centrally located and very clean. Typical YHA professionalism. Good, but limited facilities. Kitchen, common rooms, games room etc. but no bells and whistles. Right near Chinatown and market but close enough to the tourist area to be convenient. Atmosphere is a bit cool so might not appeal to young party crowd. Great place for a clean, quiet rest in Adelaide.

Money making well run business. You have to pay 4 everything. Very professional but this takes away from the relaxed environment I like at a hostel. People seemed bored. Hard beds, small blankets, covers not washed often, only the sheets. Great kitchen allows for 7 groups cooking @ any 1 time. Nice bathrooms cleaned once/day. Friendly 24 hour staff, rooms individually climate controlled from front desk. Great location. Only stayed 1 night & moved to OurHouse just 150m away where I was happier.

• 12th Sep 2014

I liked the staff and the overall cleanliness of the place but couldn't figure out the price.

Overall it is fantastic, it would be more fantastic to add some Aromatherapy to everywhere.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • China

Great hostel in heart if Adelaide CBD.

Top marks in every category. A perfect example of the very best of YHA/HI hostels worldwide. Great kitchen, great dorm rooms - with requisite power point and reading light at each bed., and great hangout rooms. Then, too, fellow guests turned out to be top-notch. All in all one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at in 50 years (yikes) of globetrotting and hosteling.

A very good hostel, one of the best I've stayed

We stayed in a Private Double Room and it was very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed in in Australia. Quite possibly the best anywhere. Very clean, very friendly and near on perfect location close to abstractions, shops and transport. Huge kitchen facilities and lockers in the room. Friendliest staff around and plenty of activities. Already know where I'm staying next time I'm in adelaide