Adelaide Central YHA Reviews

135 Waymouth Street, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

all was great and we loved the pancake breakfast the staff was helpful the rooms super clean and the beds were good

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Very good and well equipped hostel with nice atmosphere and everything a backpacker needs. I was fully satisfied and enjoyed my stay very much.

YHA Adelaide is a very nice facility. Staff are very nice. There is a laundry as well as a spacious kitchen / common room as well as a reading room. You can catch free city wifi but better buy quick YHA wifi (5 dollars per 24h). I stayed in a 4 male dorm. Well unfortunately my room mates didn't take much care of keeping quiet. At 6am one of them switched on the light and started loudly rummaging through his stuff.

TOP HOSTEL! 2 TV rooms, large kitchen, large dining area, games area, reading room. You will not get bored here. Very close to CBD. Bathrooms needed a deeper clean and at one unfortunate moment every mens bathroom was closed for cleaning. Friendly staff and the hostel could be as loud or as quiet as you'd like. There is a place for you!

Clean, no party hostel, needs more clothes hooks in rooms and bathrooms... But I can't have enough oft them. ;-)

After eight days at the hostel I didn't want to move on! Everything was good, cooking facilities, friendly and helpful staff who were always on call night and day. Free pancakes for breakfast and large fridges and shelf space to store food. The card/key entry to rooms made you feel very safe. It is a large hostel with a friendly atmosphere. I will definitely return!

Very helpful staff, especially when checking in so early in the morning. Shame had to wait so long to check in when the main bus arrives at 6am but were able to leave bags in storage room and use bathrooms etc so not too bad. Good air con in rooms which was vital as visited when 46degrees.

Wifi Prices just Over the top

my room-double bed- was great plenty of room, mainly quiet, I had to inform someone in another room who was talking on mobile at 11.30pm that I could hear all he was saying & it was way to late to be keeping people awake, walls not insulated I'd say. I found internet connections very slow, my first $2 only allowed me to inform my Facebook friends that I was on very slow internet connection, the next $2 allowed me to view 1-2 friends posts on Facebook, this was for 1/2 hour each time, NOT GOOD.

• 23rd Dec 2013

Very clean and friendly hostel !

• 11th Dec 2013

I have no doubt this is the best hostel in Adelaide.

Excellent!

We really enjoyed our stay here. Overall probably the best hostel I've stayed at.

• 4th Dec 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Airconditioning during hot weather is too inadequate, rooms become too stuffy and hot, the place is consistently overheated all over and this needs fixing. Security is excellent and 24 hours is a great idea. Need to improve swipe card system, had to renew mine twice over period there, just wouldn't work all of a sudden. Try providing locks for free for lockers, wouldn't mind if included in accom. cost as an option small rise in accom. fee at half of your lock price, you still retain lock on dep

• 27th Nov 2013

Great hostel in a perfect location, rooms were clean and the common area with a pool table and table tennis was awesome!

Great central location for this large, well run hostal. Our double room was large. The showers were good and clean, the kitchen large and well equipped ... and heavily used. There are good common areas and the staff were friendly.