Adelaide Central YHA Reviews

135 Waymouth Street, Adelaide, Australia

Overall it is fantastic, it would be more fantastic to add some Aromatherapy to everywhere.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • China

Great hostel in heart if Adelaide CBD.

Top marks in every category. A perfect example of the very best of YHA/HI hostels worldwide. Great kitchen, great dorm rooms - with requisite power point and reading light at each bed., and great hangout rooms. Then, too, fellow guests turned out to be top-notch. All in all one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at in 50 years (yikes) of globetrotting and hosteling.

A very good hostel, one of the best I've stayed

We stayed in a Private Double Room and it was very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed in in Australia. Quite possibly the best anywhere. Very clean, very friendly and near on perfect location close to abstractions, shops and transport. Huge kitchen facilities and lockers in the room. Friendliest staff around and plenty of activities. Already know where I'm staying next time I'm in adelaide

Decent rooms. Decent location. But the term youth hostel should not be applied to somewhere that accepts all ages, both old and very young. Nice social areas, but these are impinged upon by the fact that there could be 10 rowdy 15 year olds swearing, shouting, and being a nuisance. Other hostels in the area looked pretty dingy though, so best to invest in this hostel as it is very nice and clean.

Really lovely hostel. Very clean and new. Lots of space in the rooms and good security. My key card stopped working a few times (I think I have magnetic hands) and the staff were very helpful at replacing the cards.

Every room had a blue folder with all sorts of info. It stated free coffee and tea in my folder but when I asked the older gent at reception he chuckled and pointed to a coffee machine behind me.. $2.. Everything else great!

• 13th May 2014
  • Serbia

Very nice hostel. Loads of common rooms. And massive lockers in rooms.

It's been a while since I stayed in a hostel and this was just perfect for me. I stayed in a 4 bed female dorm, and it was nice and clean, bunkmates were friendly. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, but very busy helping everyone. If you managed to get one free they did everything they could to help arrange trips/tours or answer questions. My favorite thing about this hostel was the common areas, and the fact that it was very family friendly and all ages staying here.

• 15th Apr 2014

Very safe very good location friendly people big common room

all was great and we loved the pancake breakfast the staff was helpful the rooms super clean and the beds were good

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Very good and well equipped hostel with nice atmosphere and everything a backpacker needs. I was fully satisfied and enjoyed my stay very much.

YHA Adelaide is a very nice facility. Staff are very nice. There is a laundry as well as a spacious kitchen / common room as well as a reading room. You can catch free city wifi but better buy quick YHA wifi (5 dollars per 24h). I stayed in a 4 male dorm. Well unfortunately my room mates didn't take much care of keeping quiet. At 6am one of them switched on the light and started loudly rummaging through his stuff.

We enjoyed our stay at the YHA in Adelaide, it is located near the centre of the city. It has a large common area which is quite nice for sitting together in the evening. Only the kitchen wasn't really clean and tiday but apart from that it's quite a decent hostel.