Adelaide Central YHA Reviews

135 Waymouth Street, Adelaide, Australia

Nice hostel, following the YHA facilities standard. Near the Waymouth Street, the busiest street in Central Adelaide (and I guess the only street in the city with some night life). A great advantage is that the rooms were equipped air cond. My only suggestion would be free wi-fi, at least in the reception lobby.

Tye yha was the best one I've ever stayed in! At least for cleanliness and facilities! I met nice people and had a really good time! But all in all I found it a bit cold and I missed the travellers atmosphere! There were loads of families with little children playing around everywhere and older generations or big families kind of living there.. it was confusing for the first days and destroyed the atmosphere sometimes a bit but I still really recommend this hostel!

Enjoy our stay in Adelaide YHA, however the private room we had was on the main road of Weymouth street and was noisey!

I liked very much the hostel, but I would suggest free wifi acess and a small breakfast included in the price. Regards!

• 27th Nov 2014

I had the worst room share mates that I've ever experience. One smelled worse than I could ever describe. The other was loud, rude and acted aggressively. Our room back into the alley way where people were able to look right into us, not to mention how loud it was in there. Didn't sleep all night.

I loved YHA it was extremely clean, staff were very helpful and friendly. I will definitely stay again (and try different interstate franchises)

• 20th Nov 2014

Rooms were clean, Toilet were clean on Friday & Saturday after the cleaners have cleaned it... but late night they were quite disgusting as some backpackers don't really care about how to clean after themselves!

The hostel has an institutional feel to it rather than a cozy, chilled atmosphere. It accepts people from all walks of life, so there's no actual backpackers feeling. No free wifi, it costs 15$ per week but is fast. The rooms are quite clean though carpeted. Covers are changed once a fortnight only, which is pretty unhygienic.

clean, secure, comfy beds, central location, will stay again

Centrally located and very clean. Typical YHA professionalism. Good, but limited facilities. Kitchen, common rooms, games room etc. but no bells and whistles. Right near Chinatown and market but close enough to the tourist area to be convenient. Atmosphere is a bit cool so might not appeal to young party crowd. Great place for a clean, quiet rest in Adelaide.

Money making well run business. You have to pay 4 everything. Very professional but this takes away from the relaxed environment I like at a hostel. People seemed bored. Hard beds, small blankets, covers not washed often, only the sheets. Great kitchen allows for 7 groups cooking @ any 1 time. Nice bathrooms cleaned once/day. Friendly 24 hour staff, rooms individually climate controlled from front desk. Great location. Only stayed 1 night & moved to OurHouse just 150m away where I was happier.

• 12th Sep 2014