Adelaide's Shakespeare International Backpackers Reviews

123 Waymouth Street, Adelaide, Australia

I've stayed in hostels all across Europe and now all across australia. This was one of the worst hostels I have ever stayed in. The place smelled bad, the staff barely spoke english, the sheets weren't clean, my room was right next to the stairs on the first floor and whenever someone went up or down it sounded like an earthquake. Barely slept. For 22$ a night I expected and hoped for a lot more. It was just really a bad experience. Great location though.

• 16th Aug 2014

The hostel charges low prices on booking sites and then jacks up the price by nearly $10 a night if you wish to extend with them directly. Mostly long term people staying here and when I arrived late in the evening the two other people in it had taken all of the pillows. Lots of couches in common area.

It is a good hostel and the location is very nice. The cleanliness in the room seem not good. A lot of dust next to bedside. The staff in this hostel seem like a salesman.

Decent hostel in the centre of Adelaide, I stayed in the winter, so it felt a bit dead, but that's more a reflection of winter in Adelaide than the hostel itself. I'd happily stay here again.