Adelaide's Shakespeare International Backpackers

Very Good 197 Total Reviews

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
26th Mar 2017
8.0

The hostel doesn't look that great in the pictures but it was actually quite nice. The beds were SO comfy, everywhere seemed clean, it's in a good location, and the staff are all really nice. However on arrival we were given a bit of a lecture about booking through hostel world - the owner would rather you booked with them directly to keep them in business.

• Peru, Female, 41+
11th Mar 2017

I enjoyed the stay

• France, Female, 18-24
23rd Feb 2017
6.6

Good location, Nice hostel but we never got our key deposit back, and the cleanliness of the bathrooms could be improved...

• Germany, Female, 18-24
10th Feb 2017

Stayed there for nearly a week. Over this time I met 3 different staffs , two of them are just unpolite, but one was nice and helped me when I lost my key , so I didn't have to pay 30 $ . The bathrooms are really old and not really dirty, but I didn't want to be there for longer than I had to. The atmosphere is amazing, relaxed and nearly everyone knows everyone. Would stay there again.

22nd Jan 2017

Great location and atmosphere. I actually came back a second time. They had discounted rates for longer stays which was great just before busy season rates began. They offer work for accommodation but you must enquire. The kitchen and common areas are big and always kept clean. It would have been nice if there was an outside patio for drinkers/smokers since they do serve alcohol on the premises. Overall fantastic one week stay.

• England, Male, 41+
20th Jan 2017

Most helpful staff clean bedding no problems at all

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
7th Jan 2017
6.9

I was a backpackers in a good location, except I had a particularly bad experience in relation to customer service. After I checked in and was given a key to my room, placed my belogings in there and gone out again, I got a call saying that I had been placed in the wrong room. The original room was not fully booked so I did not understand why this warranted a call at 8:30pm at night. Furthermore I got the impression that the man placed on reception had issues with communication generally.