Adelaide's Shakespeare International Backpackers Reviews

123 Waymouth Street, Adelaide, Australia

I've stayed in hostels all across Europe and now all across australia. This was one of the worst hostels I have ever stayed in. The place smelled bad, the staff barely spoke english, the sheets weren't clean, my room was right next to the stairs on the first floor and whenever someone went up or down it sounded like an earthquake. Barely slept. For 22$ a night I expected and hoped for a lot more. It was just really a bad experience. Great location though.

• 16th Aug 2014

The hostel charges low prices on booking sites and then jacks up the price by nearly $10 a night if you wish to extend with them directly. Mostly long term people staying here and when I arrived late in the evening the two other people in it had taken all of the pillows. Lots of couches in common area.

It is a good hostel and the location is very nice. The cleanliness in the room seem not good. A lot of dust next to bedside. The staff in this hostel seem like a salesman.

Decent hostel in the centre of Adelaide, I stayed in the winter, so it felt a bit dead, but that's more a reflection of winter in Adelaide than the hostel itself. I'd happily stay here again.

Really good hostel! The rooms were big and clean and the showers were the best we ever had in a hostel. Th hostel had a really nice atmosphere and it was easy to meet other travellers. Really good location and fair prices ! Would definitely stay there again .

Really enjoyed my stay here lots to do and see in Adelaide and the location made all accessible. Thank you :)

• 18th Mar 2014

EXPENSIVE! The rooms are reasonable clean and spacious, the tv room and kitchen facilities as as you would expect (more cutlery would help) and the staff are friendly enough. Not much is included, no breakfast, no wifi and not even tea and coffee! So it is pretty confusing why this hostel is so expensive. Fair enough I stayed during festival season, but this was just one of the hostels that I have stayed at during this period and this hostel was the most expensive by far, and offered the least!